April 27, 2024, 08:20:31 AM

Author Topic: beenie ball vs brazil ball  (Read 1691 times)

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
beenie ball vs brazil ball
« on: August 21, 2007, 05:54:13 AM »
i watched our u17 team play against ghana and looking at the two skillfull strikers we have who can take on defences and win fouls and the two men who are good dead ball kickers.if we had played the sit deep compact defence and launch counteracts against ghana. would the result have been different?

i am looking at the brazil u17 team and their defence is basically normally nothing special..its their offence where they hold all the gems. minus the dunga era and most brazilian teams are like that. they seem to believe in the philosophy, that if i my opponent has to defend for 90 minutes, when will he be able to score against me.

the approach that a team adopts must certainly be based on or determined by the resources that they have. if one saw the man u game vs reading....it was clear reading played within their limitations. why didnt we do that against  arguably the strongest side in our group
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: beenie ball vs brazil ball
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 06:07:21 AM »

Cause de wimp is ah imps.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 06:41:06 AM »
i watched our u17 team play against ghana and looking at the two skillfull strikers we have who can take on defences and win fouls and the two men who are good dead ball kickers.if we had played the sit deep compact defence and launch counteracts against ghana. would the result have been different?

i am looking at the brazil u17 team and their defence is basically normally nothing special..its their offence where they hold all the gems. minus the dunga era and most brazilian teams are like that. they seem to believe in the philosophy, that if i my opponent has to defend for 90 minutes, when will he be able to score against me.

the approach that a team adopts must certainly be based on or determined by the resources that they have. if one saw the man u game vs reading....it was clear reading played within their limitations. why didnt we do that against  arguably the strongest side in our group

Breds...Brazil does not believe in that philosophy anymore. Argentina..yes..Brazil...not so much. I haven't seen this Brazilian U-17 team so maybe they adopt the philosophy you describe. But in general..there has been a systematic shift to the way football is played in Brazil at all levels. I know you mean Dunga era, as whan he started coaching the national team..but the 'Dunga era' is a real term to describe Brazil's new style of play since Lazaroni took charge and put players like Dunga in the central mid to 'control' the game. Brazil's wing backs tend to have more skill and creativity than their central midfielders now. Brazil has been playing that style for almost 20 years - no creative force in the central midfield anymore..all ballwinners and midfield destroyers. Against good teams..Brazil is basically a counterattacking team. They still believe in keeping possession, but not in the same vein as teams from WC1986 and before. 'Brazil ball' is more similar to 'Beenie ball' than we realize...Brazil just has more diamonds to give it a nice sparkle.

As for how T&T should have played against Ghana. Can't say. I only saw the 2nd half and I think they looked good tactically that half. I felt they closed space down well..won the 50/50 balls and kept Ghana wide or shooting from way out.  They mounted some good fast attacks and won many corners and free kicks..and got a goal. So I was impressed with the 2nd half performance from a tactical point of view. Others who saw the whole game would have a better, more balanced take on the game.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 01:46:49 PM »

who is d coach?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 02:14:35 PM »

who is d coach?

I was thinking the exact same thing, cuz last i checked it was Anton Corneal
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline christiano

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 02:26:26 PM »

Your intelligent contribution speaks volumes of your knowledge or lack of it. You kinda hinting who is the real imps !!

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 05:17:47 PM »

Every single time a play breaks down the opponent will have an opportunity to score. No team is immune to this in today's football because every team depends on swift counter-attacks to score goals. So much so that overall possession is not as important as it used to be.

I would say that kind of "negative"/"disciplined" approach is very difficult to do with 17 year olds. It is much easier with pros who already comfortable with their limitations and are accustomed to playing those roles for years as opposed to young players who are probably accustomed to being the creative stars of their individual school/youth teams.

Also you have to wonder if you will be doing them a disservice if you have them playing football as unambitious as Reading. Remember that these are young players getting a unique experience. They can always learn to play backs to the wall football when they are journeymen but will have few opportunities to develop their potential and star on the international stage.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 10:14:31 PM »

Your intelligent contribution speaks volumes of your knowledge or lack of it. You kinda hinting who is the real imps !!

Look at the training shots in Korea AHOLE , who yuh see ? not allyuh savior coach de imps ?
Ask yuhself if yuh brain cells could assimilate anything more than ABC "what he doing there?"
Ah want de woman on de bass

1]; } ?>