April 24, 2024, 12:31:51 AM

Author Topic: Sizzla's crew 'beats' Norris Man  (Read 847 times)

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sizzla's crew 'beats' Norris Man
« on: August 23, 2007, 11:26:38 AM »
Sizzla's crew 'beats' Norris Man
Source: The Jamaica Star

Mel Cooke, Freelance Writer

Several persons on the stage at 'St. Mary Wi Come From' during the confrontation. - Roger chuck

On the day that Jamaica celebrated 45 years of Independence, Norris Man received a number of slaps at the Gray's Inn Sports Complex after a verbal confrontation on stage with Sizzla at the 2007 'A St. Mary Me Come From' concert, staged by Capleton.

Sizzla was not personally involved in delivering the blows to the fellow Rastafarian deejay, which were sharp, heavy and sudden, much like the rain which sent many persons in the huge crowd running for

Cover not long after.

After hours of brief performances and the audience being hungry for 'big name' action, minutes after 4 a.m. the pace stepped up with Chuck Fendah and Richie Spice in combination before there were screams for Lady Saw. There was a flurry of red, green and gold flags at the sight of Sizzla, who rasped "no no no no way". But then it was Lady Saw's turn again, but as she settled in to deejay, there was an interruption and she demanded, "a who a get inna me ting?"

Come off a de b.......... stage

After Saw, Sizzla did Give it to dem, the K Queens had a go and up came Norris Man, who said "Jah Cure lef fi come pon stage" "Me rehearse wid de ban'," Norris Man said, before deejaying "don't try to be no hero".

"Mek sure a no me yu a talk," Sizzla said, ...come off a de b.......... stage".

In response, a defiant Norris Man said, "...k yu mumma,"and Sizzla replied "wha, a dat yu sey?"

There were no more words as there was a physical confrontation on the stage, the hands doing the talking. Capleton stormed up on the crowded stage, as MC Nuffy called for peace to reign.

"Wha oonu a try do? Mash up man ting?" Capleton demanded. "A Rasta ting. Me know de whole a oonu...," he said, looking and pointing towards the direction of the fight. "Norris Man, a waapen to yu?" he demanded. "A Independence. A St. Mary me come from," Capleton said, the band coming in as he deejayed Bun out de Chi Chi.

"Clear me stage," he demanded.

Norris Man came back to tell the crowd, "Capleton invite me a de show, a St. Mary me come from. Sizzla mek him fren dem tump me inna me face."

Bad from town

Sizzla replied; "Norris Man, me a badman, a Kingston me come from," and the crowd roared, the frenzy of flags, screams and shouts getting even louder as he deejayed "a big long gun, I run out pon dem," Munga Honourable following with "dem bway deh no bad like I".

"Look how de ting a run good," Capleton complained, repeating the demand to "clear de stage". There were more lyrics from Sizzla, Capleton and Munga, who said "a our show dis an no man cyaan disrespec' dis. Any bway dis de pattern a gunshot defen' it."

After input from Macka Diamond and Ninja Man, Capleton said "is time fe me call on my special guest," again asking that the stage be cleared. "How some man a gwaan like dem so greedy? Oonu deh ya so long," he said. That special guest was Jah Cure. Tarrus Riley was also called up, She's Royal hitting hard.

When Ninja Man came back with Josey Wales after 5:30 a.m., the 'Deejay Colonel' had something to say about matters, after tearing down the house repeatedly with Love Triangle. "Norris Man, yu cyaan see so much Rasta an waan fight," he said to laughter. "Me no go inna losing war." To Sizzla, Josey said "neva go off on stage in front of the public."

"All my Rasta fren who sey dem a bad man, oonu nah kill nobody. Oonu no bad like me likkle finger. De whol' a oonu, Sizzla, everybody, oonu a go get man mad roun' here," Josey said, his voice rising.

One don lef' an' is Clarendon

And Ninja Man cautioned the two that if something serious happened "memba Norris Man an Sizzla, a oonu one a go a jail. Mark Shields sey when him lef' here, is one don lef' an' is Clarendon."

"Look how much time me go jail," Ninja Man said, deejaying "dem neva bruck a war, neva do a ting" as the rain came down. And after Beenie Man kept most of the huge audience in the rain cheering to his lyrics, Capleton was back. "No badda watch dah ting deh. Everyting good. Rasta deal wid dem ting different," he said, before going on Top a Tings.

1]; } ?>