April 18, 2024, 06:00:55 PM

Author Topic: Fulham sign American keeper Keller  (Read 1323 times)

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Fulham sign American keeper Keller
« on: August 23, 2007, 06:53:46 PM »

Fulham announced Thursday they have signed American international goalkeeper Kasey Keller.

The 37-year-old has plenty of English Premier League experience, having kept goal for Leicester City and Tottenham Hotspur.

The Cottagers need cover for Finland's Antti Niemi, who was injured in the 2-1 defeat at Arsenal on the opening day of the season.

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
Re: Fulham sign American keeper Keller
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 07:03:14 PM »

Fulham announced Thursday they have signed American international goalkeeper Kasey Keller.

The 37-year-old has plenty of English Premier League experience, having kept goal for Leicester City and Tottenham Hotspur.

The Cottagers need cover for Finland's Antti Niemi, who was injured in the 2-1 defeat at Arsenal on the opening day of the season.

(continue)

Keller, while past his prime, is still a better goal keeper than a lot. First goalkeeper I ever see that make me say, waay "he is a good goalkeeper".

There Zeppo..yuh happy?
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fulham sign American keeper Keller
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 07:16:01 PM »
I certainly agree that he's past his prime. This Fulham move was a bit of a surprise to me, to tell you the truth.

There was a time in the late 90s/early 2000s when I would have ranked him as one of the top few keepers in the world.

But now Tim Howard has the U.S. #1 shirt to lose.
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

1]; } ?>