April 24, 2024, 06:21:37 AM

Author Topic: WARNER... ultimate sanction will be taken against the JFF  (Read 2844 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
WARNER... ultimate sanction will be taken against the JFF
« on: August 18, 2007, 09:20:31 AM »
http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sports/html/20070817T220000-0500_126407_OBS_WARNER_S_WARNING.asp
Warner's warning
CFU boss vows action against JFF for Youth Cup forfeiture
Saturday, August 18, 2007

WARNER... ultimate sanction will be taken against the JFF

Caribbean Football Union (CFU) boss, Austin 'Jack' Warner, said the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) will be subject to sanction in its failure to send a team to the CFU Under-15 Youth Cup which kicks off in Trinidad & Tobago today.

Warner, a FIFA vice-president, said "ultimate sanction will be taken against the JFF", but referred the Observer to the CFU secretariat for the specific action. Efforts yesterday to reach Angenie Kanhai of the CFU were unsuccessful.

Warner, who is also CONCACAF president, did not mince words in highlighting his disappointment with JFF's failure to get the team to the tournament. "My concern and grief really go out to those Jamaican kids though... all of whom have now been denied a chance of a lifetime due, no doubt, to gross administrative bungling," Warner said.

At press time yesterday, JFF general secretary Burchell Gibson, said the matter "is now under the bridge", suggesting that the Under-15s will not be participating in the regional tournament.

The JFF saw their last ditch effort to send the nation's youngsters to the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) Under-15 Youth Cup in the twin-island republic evaporate, after the football administrators failed to secure emergency appointments at the US Embassy in Kingston so visas could be issued to facilitate travelling through Miami.

Having failed to secure seats on Caribbean Airways, the JFF was forced to resort to taking the delegation through the USA, but hit a brick wall as they sought to acquire the requisite US entry visas.

However, the earliest appointments for US visas were in November, and despite several visits to the US Embassy by the JFF hierarchy, nothing fruitful emerged.

The JFF got entangled in a chain reaction of events after they were forced to give up seats originally booked for a direct flight on Caribbean Airways to Port of Spain, because they could not finalise a squad on time, and the airline needed to confirm bookings going into the present peak period.

The late appointment of a coach for the team triggered the delay in selecting a training squad, and ultimately the final squad, which was chosen late last week.

It was at this point that it was discovered that the majority of the players did not have passports, but emergency appointments were made at the Ministry of National Security and passports were issued earlier this week.

With one problem solved, another emerged as it was learnt that there were no available seats on other Caribbean flights to Trinidad.

The embarrassing blunder has dealt another massive blow to the embattled Crenston Boxhill-led administration.
The tournament, which kicks off today, had Jamaica scheduled to play their first match tomorrow against Guyana.

Jamaica won the Caribbean segment of the inaugural Under-15 tournament in 2005, but finished third overall behind champions Canada and runners-up Guatemala, who were invited guest teams.

The CFU Youth Cup alternates between Under-15 and Under-16 in preparation for the FIFA Under-17 World Cup Finals.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 10:53:03 AM by DWarriorMan-in-tobago »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: WARNER... ultimate sanction will be taken against the JFF
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 09:55:05 AM »
and dey have hurrincane lord
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 09:56:22 AM »
all gods blessings to Jamaica with that hurricane
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 10:24:29 AM »
By our own calculations here in Jamaica we expect Haiti to get the brunt
of Hurricane Dean. That is unfortunate.
It is also unfortunate that Hurricane Dean couldn't just sweep through the JFF and clean house before Clueless Creston Brainless Boxhill's last act of sabotaging Jamaica's football. 
jjbrown

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 11:08:07 AM »
Sorry to say, but forcasters expeckin' JA to take a more direct hit than southern Haiti. Real prayers needed. Category 4 borderin' on 5 rastah!
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 11:19:48 AM »
Sorry to say, but forcasters expeckin' JA to take a more direct hit than southern Haiti. Real prayers needed. Category 4 borderin' on 5 rastah!
These American forecasters make things sound worse than they usually are.
They said the same thing last year and the year before that.
What happened. Nothing. My cable company did not even bother to take down all the satellite dishes from the roof.
Right now we are just watching the Weather channel and from we can see here in Jamaica. We are just looking for heavy showers. That's it. ;D :beermug:
jjbrown

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2007, 11:31:14 AM »
What happened. Nothing. My cable company did not even bother to take down all the satellite dishes from the roof.
Right now we are just watching the Weather channel and from we can see here in Jamaica. We are just looking for heavy showers. That's it. ;D :beermug:
Do we have a Caribbean Hurrican Centre ? All the news I'm getting is American.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2007, 11:40:51 AM »
Do we have a Caribbean Hurrican Centre ? All the news I'm getting is American.
There is a Caribbean Weather channel. My boss is still in the negotiating process with the people in charge.
jjbrown

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2007, 11:47:42 AM »
Ok 2099,  jess doh geh too complacent as this is serious business.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2007, 12:26:39 PM »
Ok 2099,  jess doh geh too complacent as this is serious business.
I'm not. I just don't plan to overstock since my house is always prepared for any eventuality.
jjbrown

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2007, 12:41:39 PM »
Is not because ah Dean they not comin. Pray 4 JA they need to decide whether they want Ss P or not and Dean can cause a delay
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
JFF braces for sanctions after U-15 no-show
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2007, 12:28:33 PM »
JFF braces for sanctions after U-15 no-show
SEAN A WILLIAMS, Assistant Sports Editor, Jamaica Observer

Friday, August 24, 2007

THE cash-strapped Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) is bracing itself for a fine and could be asked to reimburse the organisers expenses/cost incurred following the Under-15 team's withdrawal from the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) Youth Cup currently under way in Trinidad & Tobago.

Angenie Kanhai, acting general secretary of the CFU, confirmed yesterday that there will definitely be a fine imposed on the JFF, but declined to give details, saying "you know I can't tell you what the (specific) action will be until the JFF is formally notified".

She said her staff is addressing the matter, but it's unlikely anything formal will materialise until after the two-week tournament which started last Saturday.

"Jamaica and the JFF are aware that there will be a withdrawal fine, but I have not given anything formally to them as yet... the tournament is ongoing right now, so we won't advise the JFF officially what the fine will be until after," Kanhai said from the CFU headquarters in Trinidad.
JFF general secretary Burchell Gibson was not alarmed that a sanction was on its way.

"We know that there will be sanctions... in any competition that you withdraw from at a certain point, there will be action," he said.

According to CFU statutes as it relates to tournament withdrawals of the CFU Youth Cup, it is likely that the JFF will be fined under article IV (B) 1, which states that a team that forfeits "on or after the date of the draw but before the date of the first match of the tournament, a fine of US$3,000 (about J$200,000) shall be imposed".

Also, they face the strong possibility of being asked to reimburse the organisers and the CFU of money incurred from the withdrawal. The CFU withdrawal statute that speaks to this says: "Depending on circumstances and the decision of the CFU Executive Committee, a team that withdraws at any stage of the competition may be ordered to reimburse the Organising Committee and the CFU any expenses they may have incurred for the withdrawing team as a result of its involvement in the competition and also pay compensation for any damages or losses arising from its withdrawal".

Kanhai also refused to say what monetary sum was accrued as a result of making preparation for Jamaica to participate in the bi-annual tournament.

"Of course there were expenses associated with Jamaica's participation, so whatever the fine, it will be along those lines," she declared.

She was however quick to point out that Jamaica should expect no suspension from the tournament as a result.
"Certainly there will be no suspension because the aim of this tournament is the development of youth football in the region," Kanhai said.

CFU boss Austin 'Jack' Warner, who is also a FIFA vice-president, hinted last week that "ultimate sanction will be taken against the JFF".

The Under-15 footballers, who won the Caribbean segment of the championship in the 2005, missed out on participating in the tournament as a result of apparent administrative bungling on the part of the JFF, which ended with a failure to get the team to Trinidad for the kick-off of the championship.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2007, 03:24:50 PM »
So much for easy Caricom travel.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2007, 05:37:00 PM »
Well at least we know is not only the TTFF disorganized.

I like the part that after selecting the squad it was discovered that they did not have passports.

Where is the standard process

this is supposed to be national football

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2007, 05:46:50 PM »
Well at least we know is not only the TTFF disorganized.

I like the part that after selecting the squad it was discovered that they did not have passports.

Where is the standard process

this is supposed to be national football

I think is always a little more complicated when is youths yuh dealing with. Is not like if they could just up and go and decide to get the documents theyself, so if they parents is poor people who figure they go never get to fly out the country (or just visionless and figure it ent have nothing outside jamrock worth seeing), they might never have get a passport if they didn't qualify to fly out on an international tournament.

I suppose you could ask if none ah them ent get a vibes they might get pick and decide to take in front, but you know West Indians not like that. As a mater of fact, i was working in a place where big hard back European aid workers who does hardly ever spend 2 weeks in the same place does sign contract and ent realise they need a new passport until you ask them for it to go and get the visa

The main problem is the late squad selection, which is a consequenc eof th late coaching staff designation. They leave it to the last minute, and they get ketch.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2007, 07:17:33 PM »
hear this nah, jack warner aint easy nah.

Politics really run this world.

The vast majority of people will see this post reply and be like "huh" or "what?"

But I am sure a handful will know the real agenda that JW really on with this latest issue.....

Over to you Captain Horace Burell.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2007, 07:53:16 PM »
hear this nah, jack warner aint easy nah.
Politics really run this world.
The vast majority of people will see this post reply and be like "huh" or "what?"
But I am sure a handful will know the real agenda that JW really on with this latest issue.....
Over to you Captain Horace Burell.
what ya tryin an say............
That Jackula giving dem pressure so that someone who is sympathetic to Mr Warners ways will be installed in the JFF? ;)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 07:55:32 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2007, 11:02:44 PM »
I eh no fan ah Jack as everybody know but the JFF have to b jokin. the first ting when man get call to trials is to ask 4 they passport. If they livin Hanover and dey piss poor u know that so if he good yuh know up front that u have to get a passport for d boy. Loud steupsssssssssss fine dem yes if is to insure yuh partne get back d wuk
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>