April 16, 2024, 05:59:29 PM

Author Topic: Brazilian World Cup player Denilson signs with FC Dallas  (Read 5445 times)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: Brazilian World Cup player Denilson signs with FC Dallas
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2007, 12:08:57 AM »
No need to be a crybaby either- Big man like you..... Yuh doh need a dictionary or a thesaurus etc just an open mind that accepts that there will be a different view or perspective to yours- no fuss - Everybody has his/her view: you state yours & I state mine....

lol..

Oh please, i'm the first one to accept a different perspective, and I have no problem agreeing to disagree... I like meh football so i here to learn as much as i can about it.. different views provide knowledge and enrichment..

What i do have a problem with is the posters who are presented with a compelling argument that happens to be contradictory to theirs, but rather than accept it for what it is, prefer to either:

1. Traverse the whole world wide web to find one vague exception to discount the other person's argument.

2. Undertake a complex analysis of the person's grammar and sentence structure just to try to discount the person's case, try to sound intelligent and somehow hope it gives their own already weak argument some kinda mileage at the same time.

3. Resort to childish insults.

4. Play spelling bee.

5. Beat out de intangibles in the hope of frustrating an argument until they get a last word in.

you know yourselves... last i check this was a football forum, not english comprehension 101.

Well all I did was look at it with a different perspective- I didn't insult you, nor your spelling, nor undertake any complex analysis...Not sure what the issue is.

JDB's statement was that Denilson to Brazilians like Wise to Trinis could dribble, but had no impact.....(something like that- not his exact words)....I agreed with the parallel from the standpoint of their style of play....I did not agree with the parallel in terms of their relative impact for their nat'l teams.... Read my posts and you'll see the point I'm making is pretty simple.....Wise is not even on the radar when I think of ex nat'l players to me....To me he was always on the periphery- got a look here and there..... and I consider his selection on our WC team as a result of fortune (lack of natural left sided players) rather than quality....can't say the same for Denilson and his selection in Brazil's team......Denilson, despite his career nosedive (using your terms) was a staple in Brazil's nat'l team set up from 1996-2002.....no parallel there.

Denilson was the hottest youth prospect coming out of Brazil at the time- hence his exorbitant price tag and world record transfer fee....Whilst Wise was considered very talented in his youth, it's a stretch to draw the same parallel in his case.

Hey if you think that Denilson was to Brazil what Wise was to T&T, fine.....I disagree- If you ever get a chance to look at old footage of Copa America 1997, you'll see that Denilson was outstanding- an integral figure in Brazil's triumph, a regular in the team and one of the scorers in the final- then I challenge you to find an instance where Evans Wise was ever outstanding in any tournament for T&T and ever helped T&T win anything......unless you consider the oldest and most prestigious tournament in S.America to be a "vague reference"....

Nothing intangible there..... :beermug:

points taken..   :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

1]; } ?>