March 03, 2024, 03:17:01 AM

Author Topic: Striker Jones on strike at Saints.  (Read 12364 times)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: Striker Jones on strike at Saints.
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2007, 10:38:11 AM »
This is the post that most caught my eye...

osted by: Official Club Response, Southampton
The following response has sadly not been approved by Southampton Football Club but it's the line I hope they adopt - "Whilst Mr Jones is within his rights to submit a transfer request, refusing to play for the club is something else. We will not be held to ransom in this way by an individual. He will not be sold to Derby County, Sunderland or anyone else whilst this situation persists. Whilst Mr Jones will not now be considered for today's game with Stoke, we hope he will alter his stance and make himself available for the QPR trip on September 1st, the day after the transfer window closes. Mr Jones will be afforded training facilities throughout this period but will not be permitted to train with the 1st team squad whilst he is refusing to play for the club. So, as of today, Mr Jones is not available for transfer, is being penalised financially for the stance he has taken but will be welcomed back into the squad should he elect to make himself available for selection once more." But I rather suspect the club will take the money and get shot of him, which will be a pity as it will vindicate this unacceptable behaviour

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2007, 11:06:27 AM »
yeah ah agree it was unacceptable ,put in yuh transfer requestion and score ah double 2day. wasnt that d better option? buh ssay what who am i 2 judge
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2007, 11:16:03 AM »

I disagree. This happens in football all the time. It is nothing like the Pippen incident.

He is trying to force the hand of the club when he has the leverage. He is hot property right now. His value would increase further as a EPL player scoring goals than at a team that is struggling to remain financially solvent.

Good move.

How is it unlike the Pippen incident...because Pippen wasn't angling to be traded?

At any rate, this sums it up best

"Jones is well within his rights to hand in a transfer request.
"But to say he doesn't want to play against Stoke shows his contempt for the club that gave him his big chance and his contempt for the fans."

He's deserving of all the contempt and criticism coming his way from the fans.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2007, 11:20:08 AM »
Hmmm, all I have to say on this is, never believe everything you hear (read). There is something called "spin", and George Burley is using a hell of a lot of it.

Stay tuned, thr facts will come out. Eventually. :-\
I really don't think you're making any sense here...I would find it hard to believe that Burley would bench Kenwyne then turn around and claim that KJ say he doh want to play...which is what you're suggesting.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2007, 11:23:31 AM »
I finding it really hard to want to support them ,hope Jones goes elsewhere .
Almost every English message board is like that. If you go to Southampton board right now, they dissing Kenwyne AND Stern. They also dissing they whole defense and the manager. It seems like English football message board culture is about blaming and insulting and thinking nobody is good enough.
my friend, it does NOT only happen over there. ;)

Hmmm, all I have to say on this is, never believe everything you hear (read). There is something called "spin", and George Burley is using a hell of a lot of it.
I really don't think you're making any sense here...I would find it hard to believe that Burley would bench Kenwyne then turn around and claim that KJ say he doh want to play...which is what you're suggesting.
Bakes I would be of the opinion to believe that some managers would say anything.....It is only when I get the story from a second non involved party that I will believe it..until then I am a "Thomas"
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 11:27:59 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2007, 12:23:41 PM »

Bakes I would be of the opinion to believe that some managers would say anything.....It is only when I get the story from a second non involved party that I will believe it..until then I am a "Thomas"

Regardless of what "some managers would say"...the fact is that if we can believe he submitted transfer papers, then why are we doubting that Jones also said he didn't want to play today?  You honestly believe that not just the manager...but that the CLUB would come out and flat out lie like that?

Nah, I refuse to think you so gullible.  If it weren't true the club wouldn't be supporting the fact that he said it...and likely you would have heard otherwise by now.  It's injurious to the Saints that he's not on the pitch...so why then is he not playing?

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2007, 12:38:51 PM »
four sides to any story

1. my side
2. your side
3. media interpretation
4. truth

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2007, 12:44:53 PM »
four sides to any story

1. my side
2. your side
3. media interpretation
4. truth
Ah Love It!!!!! ;D
notice I used capitals which in no way infringes on the original, "ah love it!" :devil:
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 12:54:10 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2007, 12:51:27 PM »

I am suggesting nothing of the kind. It's kinda like me saying the sky is grey today. Doesn't mean it's dark, or it's going to rain. But you may interpret the statement that way.

I spoke to someone yesterday, and another person last night. And trust me, if anybody knows what's really going on with this situation, it's these two people.

There is always more to these media stories. Learn to see, keep quiet and wait.
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once
gives Love.

[

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2007, 12:55:07 PM »
RTG, Enquiring minds want to know
let de "manicou" out de bag nuh ;D
pm den ;)
 :devil:
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 12:57:30 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2007, 01:09:36 PM »
four sides to any story

1. my side
2. your side
3. media interpretation
4. truth
Ah Love It!!!!! ;D
notice I used capitals which in no way infringes on the original, "ah love it!" :devil:

consider yourself spared   ;D   ;D

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2007, 01:12:42 PM »
pm den ;)

Eh eh. There is always alot I know, but not everything yuh does talk. It killing meh to remain quiet, but when the condition of you getting to know tings is that you say (post) nothing, wha yuh go do?

Btw, I have been waiting patiently to see who will be the first to post a thread or update on a topic of recent debate. Allyuh maco networks on summer break or wha? ;D
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once
gives Love.

[

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2007, 01:29:52 PM »

I am suggesting nothing of the kind. It's kinda like me saying the sky is grey today. Doesn't mean it's dark, or it's going to rain. But you may interpret the statement that way.

I spoke to someone yesterday, and another person last night. And trust me, if anybody knows what's really going on with this situation, it's these two people.

There is always more to these media stories. Learn to see, keep quiet and wait.

Lawd...I cyah deal with allyuh and allyuh inside sources nah.

Anybody have ah hookup wid Heaven?

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2007, 01:49:34 PM »
ah fine jones shoulda play it like alves....he was blue vex he deal didnt go tru but still he playin...even wen d deal was "done" he was still reppin sevilla...in football yuh hadda play until yuh hear d whistle in jones case he shoulda play until he get d call from d coach to move across...anyways ah wish him d best of luck wherever he ends up...

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2007, 06:09:50 PM »
I now read that sunderland and southampton agreed on a fee for Jones.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=393501

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2007, 06:18:28 PM »
ah fine jones shoulda play it like alves....he was blue vex he deal didnt go tru but still he playin...even wen d deal was "done" he was still reppin sevilla...in football yuh hadda play until yuh hear d whistle in jones case he shoulda play until he get d call from d coach to move across...anyways ah wish him d best of luck wherever he ends up...

Alves did the same thing, in the mid week Champions league encounter, he say he not playing because he eh want to get cup tied...and as far as the league game today, he eh play...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 06:30:38 PM by futbolfan »
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2007, 06:24:55 PM »
I now read that sunderland and southampton agreed on a fee for Jones.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=393501

If true....good deal for Southampton.

6 million for Jones and you no longer have a player that doh want to play for u.

The refusin to play ting is a tactic.  Business....nutting personal.  Of course....try tellin that to fans of the club concerned.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2007, 06:44:48 PM »

Alves did the same thing, in the mid week Champions league encounter, he say he not playing because he eh want to get cup tied...and as far as the league game today, he eh play...

in dat case alves had good reason(reason to himself alone)to refuse because of d position he wud hav been in wit chelsea's european cup campaign...jones jus brace southampton jes so...well not jes so it hav alot dat does go on behind d scenes dat d media an public not even aware of...we go hadda wait fuh he autobiography tuh find out...or if he geh drunk in zen...

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2007, 06:52:40 PM »
pm den ;)
Eh eh. There is always alot I know, but not everything yuh does talk. It killing meh to remain quiet, but when the condition of you getting to know tings is that you say (post) nothing, wha yuh go do?
Btw, I have been waiting patiently to see who will be the first to post a thread or update on a topic of recent debate. Allyuh maco networks on summer break or wha? ;D
yeah, I know ya cyar compromise your sources....ah jez pullin ya leg

but the last part I eh kno wha you mean ;)

Anybody have ah hookup wid Heaven?
try Sister Gertrude
I eh kno where she has been recently though ;)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 06:56:28 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>