April 18, 2024, 01:59:16 AM

Author Topic: Arsenal vs Man City  (Read 5106 times)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Arsenal vs Man City
« on: August 25, 2007, 08:52:36 AM »
This is a pretty entertaining game so far.
Arsenal seem more comfortable this season with thier system, and Man City fancy themselves enough to not just sit back and defend (by choice, not b/c of Arsenal's play)

Observations:
-Lehman get drop for Almunia.
-Senderos Injured in the warm up and Sagna during the game so it 2 midfielders playin gin defence
-Caspar Schmeichel is pretty good, but having issues with the crosses. Big shoes to fill though.
-What is with the Africans and the hairstyles? Sagna come to play ball on inernational tv looking like he hairdresser was doing costume and makeup for "Dancehall Queen"
-After all the drama that goes with being England coach. Sven look like he really know what he's doing. Man City is no Sunderland.
-Arsenal seem to be playing more direct to the goal, less trying to walk it in. But still ht score 0-0
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
Re: Arsenal vs Man City
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 09:00:45 AM »
Observations:

They say Lehmann injured. Good timing  ;D

-Senderos Injured in the warm up and Sagna during the game so it 2 midfielders playin gin defence

The Senderos injury is a blessing in disguise. Hope the Sagna injury isnt serious though.

-After all the drama that goes with being England coach. Sven look like he really know what he's doing. Man City is no Sunderland.

I think England's record under Sven is very impressive. In terms of stats, that is. And England just used him as a scapegoat.

-Arsenal seem to be playing more direct to the goal, less trying to walk it in. But still ht score 0-0

With Adebayor they have a target man they can play the ball into.

I find Hleb having a real poor game out on the right.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 09:06:59 AM »
This is a pretty entertaining game so far.
Arsenal seem more comfortable this season with thier system, and Man City fancy themselves enough to not just sit back and defend (by choice, not b/c of Arsenal's play)

Observations:

As he should be

Senderos is garbage anyway- blessing in disguise, but with Gallas getting hurt in the last game, and Sagna in this one- their defensive depth is getting hurt overall- could cause problems

-Caspar Schmeichel is pretty good, but having issues with the crosses. Big shoes to fill though.

Yup- good observation...but with Clichy crossing like an amateur he might survive...

-What is with the Africans and the hairstyles? Sagna come to play ball on inernational tv looking like he hairdresser was doing costume and makeup for "Dancehall Queen"

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Sven is a good coach- his record speaks for itself. England is just shit, and you can't make shit smell like roses (kidding). England expected (wanted) Sven to win the WC & the Euro, but guess what there are teams by the name of Brazil, Argentina, Germany, France, Italy & Portugal  ;D etc. that just have more quality.  He's (Sven) made some good buys at City, and they have a well balanced team- Not enough attacking punch to beat the big guns, but a solid midfield and two good centre backs can soak some pressure. They'll do well to come out with any points in this game though. If Petrov could adjust the compass on his foot this game could be interesting....

Still seem to be typical intricate Arsenal to me.....but you're right to some extent- I think it's because they use Rosicky and Hleb alot, both of which like to run with the ball, and are not afraid to go straight down the throat of the opposition, as opposed to the ball always going through Fabregas who relies on alot of short simple passing to move the ball up the field- just guessing.....no expert (of course)

Good observations- Rosicky is the man of the match so far with some sublime passes with the outside of his foot, Adebayor's hasn't found his rhythm yet & Van Persie is too one footed- it makes him a little predictable when he goes to goal......Arsenal needs a deadlier out and out striker than anyone on the field right now....
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 09:11:41 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 09:30:30 AM »
Penalty!

And....

Schmeichel Saves!!!!!!!

Van Persie feeling like a ten cents all now.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 09:31:14 AM »
poor penalty
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 09:32:15 AM »
same old arsenal..

all bite and no bark.

micah richards is a boss, he will be the next best defender in the world at only 19 yrs old..

de man city wing backs look good as well..

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2007, 09:34:18 AM »
all bite and no bark.

Shh...Doh tell Michael Vick.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2007, 09:43:53 AM »
Que Golaaaaassssssso by Fabregas!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 09:49:50 AM by kicker »

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2007, 09:44:13 AM »
FABREGAS!!!!!!

Goalazo!!!!!!

1st goal against Schmeichel this season.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2007, 09:49:11 AM »
same old arsenal..

all bite and no bark.

Yuh mean all bark and no bite......was starting to think that, but Fabregas put real bite in that finish...

micah richards is a boss, he will be the next best defender in the world at only 19 yrs old..

Good player- he's like Sol Campbell with good touch. Richard Dunne has been the best player at the back for them today though

de man city wing backs look good as well..

Arsenal is still in a different class than Man City- let's see if they hold out for the 3 pts
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 09:51:29 AM by kicker »

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2007, 09:54:15 AM »
Rosicky seem to have found the rhythm of the EPL this season and is showing the class he displayed in Dortmund. (who really missing him and Koller btw)

Wenger's stated goal is to play a nice brand and still win - the anti-chelsea if you will.

The squad that playing for Arsenal right now is 11 superb ball handlers. With the wider field in the Emirates (Higbury was a phone booth) and that kind of ball skills, you don't really see players running in wild. That said, The Man City back line is pretty damn good. Dunne and Richards was just eating them up until th goal.

If you are an arsenal fan you can relax, Yuh know the keeper eh go drop the ball in the net, or kick it to the forward.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 09:57:33 AM by Bitter »

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2007, 09:58:40 AM »
Schmeichel is playing well and could become one of the best keepers in the EPL just like his dad, MAN.U should buy him ;D

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2007, 09:58:51 AM »
I real impressed by Denilson. Think he's a better player than Flamini in the middle. Arsenal fans and observers, what alyuh think?

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2007, 10:05:04 AM »

I believe Sagna is French
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2007, 10:10:49 AM »
Rosicky seem to have found the rhythm of the EPL this season and is showing the class he displayed in Dortmund. (who really missing him and Koller btw)

Thought Rosicky was good last season too- but he had some injury problems, and yeah I guess he had some adjusting to do....best outfield player today in my opinion

Wenger's stated goal is to play a nice brand and still win - the anti-chelsea if you will.

I agree with the philosophy. Entertain the fans- it's a spectator sport so give the spectators their money's worth..of course you could always argue that the most important spectators are the fans and they probably prefer results regardless of style..

The squad that playing for Arsenal right now is 11 superb ball handlers. With the wider field in the Emirates (Higbury was a phone booth) and that kind of ball skills, you don't really see players running in wild. That said, The Man City back line is pretty damn good. Dunn and Richards was just eating them up until th goal.

If you are an arsenal fan you can relax, Yuh know the keeper eh go drop the ball in the net, or kick it to the forward.

Was never an EPL man, La liga is my league- but this year as I don't have GolTV I'll follow more EPL football closely than last year....will adopt Arsenal as my big 4 squad & Sunderland as my Cinderella...Arsenal because they have some nice players and I don't like the other big 3.........and with Sunderland- well no question about why I'll adopt that bastard child  ;D...

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2007, 10:14:24 AM »

I believe Sagna is French

Yeah French born of Senegalese descent....Yuh could take Sagna out of Senegal, but yuh can't Senegal out of his hairstyle  ;D

I real impressed by Denilson. Think he's a better player than Flamini in the middle. Arsenal fans and observers, what alyuh think?

Agreed...Had a few good shots on goal late in the game today too...

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2007, 10:14:47 AM »
One ah de best games for de season for me.  Schmeichel look like he fadda big time, I done see ah MANU move for him in de next few years  :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:MANU 4 EVER
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2007, 10:16:04 AM »
COME ON ARSENAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AR-SE-NAL AR-SE-NAL AR-SE-NAL ....

AR-SE-NAL AR-SE-NAL AR-SE-NAL-LLLLL

Great goal Fabregas.

Hleb like he come to bring it this year.

Rosicky looking sharp too.

Van Persie balling too.  Tough luck on the penalty.

IS TOURE THE BEST CENTER BACK IN THE PREM?  

Well played Almunia.  very solid.

On another note, I really like Schmeichel.  He joined Manchester City in September 2002 at the age of 15 when his old man was playing there.  Real nice keeper.  Needs to work on handling crosses though, especially if he is to flourish in England.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2007, 10:30:04 AM »
Hleb is POISON!

He embarassin plenty people...ball like it tie wit a string on to he 2 foot.  Ole time dribbler.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2007, 10:32:29 AM »
schmeichel was impressive.. i think he needs some time to solidify his game, because his deficiencies will get shown up over the course of a long epl season, but definitely one for the future... sven himself said so, and looking for a keeper to protect him..

same old arsenal..

all bite and no bark.

Yuh mean all bark and no bite......was starting to think that, but Fabregas put real bite in that finish...

lol, yeah that is what i mean...

i find like arsenal have de same kinda players all over de field... i could be overgeneralizing, but to me, fabregas, rosicky, hleb, denilson, flamini, eduardo is all de same player.. small men with some nice touches..

arsene still need to have an option to change their brand in tough physical games.. i feel today if man city had went to a long ball side and rain balls into bianchi, he coulda have them under more pressure...  arsenal still have a soft centre, and that will get shown up against the physical teams..

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2007, 10:43:12 AM »
schmeichel was impressive.. i think he needs some time to solidify his game, because his deficiencies will get shown up over the course of a long epl season, but definitely one for the future... sven himself said so, and looking for a keeper to protect him..

same old arsenal..

all bite and no bark.

i find like arsenal have de same kinda players all over de field... i could be overgeneralizing, but to me, fabregas, rosicky, hleb, denilson, flamini, eduardo is all de same player.. small men with some nice touches..

arsene still need to have an option to change their brand in tough physical games.. i feel today if man city had went to a long ball side and rain balls into bianchi, he coulda have them under more pressure...  arsenal still have a soft centre, and that will get shown up against the physical teams..

U stereotypin.  It eh have nobody more physical in de EPL dan Blackburn.  They only got a point because of clownin by Lehman.  And they were playing at home too.

Give them some credit.  Wenger had to adjust to Senderos (1st choice centre back) having to be out injured during the warm up and replace him with Gilberto and then Sagna had to come off and be replaced by Flamini.

Men like Diaby, Gallas, Senderos, & Eboue all injured to start de season.  He could only play who fit.

When Diaby and Gallas in particular return....they will make a big difference to that concern u expressed.  In the meatime....dey play 4 matches this season (1 in Europe away)m win 3 and draw 1.  Not bad fuh a weak team.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2007, 10:45:50 AM »

same old arsenal..

all bite and no bark.

that's what bendtner is there for...remember last week against blackburn...on another note the injury situation getting outta hand now..and yes sagna has a bashment hairstyle lol

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2007, 10:55:24 AM »
Hleb is POISON!

He embarassin plenty people...ball like it tie wit a string on to he 2 foot.  Ole time dribbler.

Great touches and good speed on the ball....He & Rosicky are sort of mirror images of each other coming down either side of the field....nimble footed dribblers with sublime touch...no setta dance and gallery, just quick bursts of speed and change of direction....Players who don't need much space to make room for a shot......Hleb was kinda absent in the first half, but found more room in the 2nd 45 and had a good second half....was curious as to why he kept cutting back onto his weaker foot though...

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2007, 11:02:06 AM »
ok 4 sure now, derby going down ....question is who are the other 2 i must admit birmingham looks the best of the promoted sides, this is fooball though so looks dont count
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2007, 11:32:20 AM »
One ah de best games for de season for me.  Schmeichel look like he fadda big time, I done see ah MANU move for him in de next few years  :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:MANU 4 EVER

Schmeichel to man utd done deal tht boy have he father blood  :devil: for sure tht boy is a boss
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2007, 11:36:13 AM »
Hleb is POISON!

The man have all the turns in the world. Lie he double jointed.

Slickest man with the ball.
TnT Patriot

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2007, 06:09:31 PM »
Hleb does hit man some old time inch. Have dem dipping dem foot like they putting it in ice water.
Best position is probably behind the striker, where Bergkam use to roam.
Flamini will never be a player people like but he is a backbone. He works hard in midfield, wins the ball, covers attacking players runs & allows his team to keep possession.
I for one watching Rociky cloes this season, he could be tears.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

1]; } ?>