April 25, 2024, 10:02:27 PM

Author Topic: Costa Rica and USA Qualify  (Read 3494 times)

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
Costa Rica and USA Qualify
« on: August 25, 2007, 09:21:38 PM »
Costa Rica falls to Peru at 2007 FIFA U-17 World Cup

24.8.07 - Costa Rica were beaten 1:0 by Peru in a Group A encounter at the FIFA U-17 World Cup Korea Republic 2007 at the Jeju World Cup Stadium on Friday .
After a scoreless first half, Carlos Bazalar notched the game-winner for Peru (2-0-1, 7 Points) with a minute remaining in the match against Costa Rica (1-1-1, 4 Points).

The result gave Peru the Group A and a place in the FIFA U-17 World Cup ‘Round-of-16’, while Costa Rica finished second and also secures a berth in the next phase.

The FIFA U-17 World Cup 2007 continues for the CONCACAF teams as Honduras (0-2-0, 0 Points) takes on Syria (0-1-1, 1 Point) in Group C action at the Jeju World Cup Stadium on Saturday (25 August), while also at the venue, Haiti (0-1-1, 1 Point) faces Nigeria (2-0-0, 6 Points) in Group D play.

In all, 24 teams are competing in six groups of four teams for the tournament in Korea Republic, with the top two teams in each group, plus the four best third-place teams, advance to the knockout stage.

FIFA U-17 WORLD CUP KOREA REPUBLIC 2007
Group A
24.08.2007: Jeju; Jeju World Cup Stadium (A: 510)
PERU – COSTA RICA 1:0 (0:0)
Carlos BAZALAR 89’
PER: Eder Hermoza – Joseph Munoz, Nestor Duarte, Bryan Salazar (77: Cesar Ruiz), Reimond Manco, Carlos Bazalar, Irven Avila, Daniel Sanchez (65: Ernesto Salazar), Jairo Hernandez, Juan Arce (72: Antony Molina), Gary Correra. Booked: Hernandez 15’
TD: Juan Jose ORE
CRC: Leonel Moreira – Roy Smith, Jordan Smith, Diego Brenes, David Guzman (65: Miguel Brenes), Jorge Castro (77: Josue Martinez), Jessy Peralta, Bruno Castro, Erick Rojas, Daniel Arias (46: Marcos Ureña), Daniel Varela. Booked: none
TD: Manuel UREÑA
R: Eddy MAILLET (SEY)

Group C
25.08.2007: Jeju; Jeju World Cup Stadium (17:00)
HONDURAS – SYRIA

Group D
25.08.2007: Jeju; Jeju World Cup Stadium (19:00)
NIGERIA – HAITI

Group E
26.08.2007: Cheonan; Cheonan Sports Complex (16:00)
BELGIUM – USA

Group F
26.08.2007: Changwon; Changwon Main Stadium (20:00)
GERMANY – TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 09:09:17 AM by trinbago »
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Re: Costa Rica: The only CONCACAF team to Qualify
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 07:04:28 AM »
Change your title or delete the topic  ;)
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 07:13:57 AM »
USA are through with a 2-0 win over Belgium, but it won't do them much good cause Deutschland will beat their bumsie nex.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 09:58:08 AM »
USA are through with a 2-0 win over Belgium, but it won't do them much good cause Deutschland will beat their bumsie nex.
         How you mean it will not do them much good,the game is about experiences and the more games you play it benefits your players,the big tournaments are where you prove yourself and the further you go is an achievment.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Costa Rica and USA Qualify
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 10:53:52 AM »
That's called sour grapes.
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2007, 11:01:51 AM »

congrats zeppo
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 11:15:39 AM by futbolfan »
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2007, 11:06:40 AM »
No its called gamesmanship ,trash talking ,or as we say in gun talk .

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2007, 11:27:15 AM »
         How you mean it will not do them much good,the game is about experiences and the more games you play it benefits your players,the big tournaments are where you prove yourself and the further you go is an achievment.

If Germany beat the us I not so sure their coaching staff should look at this as an achievement, Coop's.  This is a team, the ONLY team, in fact, that has qualified for EVERY SINGLE U-17 WC since its inception, and when you look at the group they are in, I'm willing to bet that their pre-tournament expectations were alot higher than it has panned out for them so far...........but then again.....I guess it's all about getting to the knockout stage.....

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2007, 11:33:16 AM »

Gamemanship if you happen to be German. Otherwise is sour grapes  :devil:

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2007, 11:47:55 AM »

If Germany beat the us I not so sure their coaching staff should look at this as an achievement, Coop's.  This is a team, the ONLY team, in fact, that has qualified for EVERY SINGLE U-17 WC since its inception, and when you look at the group they are in, I'm willing to bet that their pre-tournament expectations were alot higher than it has panned out for them so far...........but then again.....I guess it's all about getting to the knockout stage.....

Chow...You have to realize that the US qualifying out of Concacaf, so that record is not that impressive. At no age group is the US ever favored to beat Germany, no matter how many Under 17 WCs play in. if Germany sent an under 17 team to qualify out of Concacaf..i would put money on them qualifying each and every time. Look at the clubs them young Germans attached to. I am sure the US didn't expect to get mash by Tunisia and Tajikistan  :P..but this group from the States not that good. They lost to Jamaica in qualifying and despite hammering T&T on the scoreline..we had more possession, more shots on target and more corner kicks than them..So I think the US knew this side was not a bomb squad. But they thru and have everything to play for. If they manage to beat the Germans, the WC could be considered a success..If not, they still get to play against a top tournament side and come away with some valuable experience.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2007, 11:52:06 AM »

Gamemanship if you happen to be German. Otherwise is sour grapes  :devil:
Thats rite ,so Mr EMan qualify rite  ;D

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2007, 11:58:00 AM »

congrats zeppo

Thanks!

It's a pleasant surprise, especially after our poor start to the tournament.

Germany will definitely not be easy, but hopefully we will get off to a good start and maybe the result will go our way. Let's see...
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 12:05:13 PM by Zeppo »
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2007, 12:03:22 PM »

congrats zeppo

Thanks!

It's a pleasant surprise, especially after out poor start to the tournament.

Germany will definitely not be easy, but hopefully we will get off to a good start and maybe the result will go our way. Let's see...

Steups
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2007, 12:10:35 PM »

Chow...You have to realize that the US qualifying out of Concacaf, so that record is not that impressive. At no age group is the US ever favored to beat Germany, no matter how many Under 17 WCs play in. if Germany sent an under 17 team to qualify out of Concacaf..i would put money on them qualifying each and every time. Look at the clubs them young Germans attached to. I am sure the US didn't expect to get mash by Tunisia and Tajikistan  :P..but this group from the States not that good. They lost to Jamaica in qualifying and despite hammering T&T on the scoreline..we had more possession, more shots on target and more corner kicks than them..So I think the US knew this side was not a bomb squad. But they thru and have everything to play for. If they manage to beat the Germans, the WC could be considered a success..If not, they still get to play against a top tournament side and come away with some valuable experience.

Ah hear yuh yuh know Filho, and I agree with you especially about their qualification from concacaf from our perspective.  But knowing them yanks, even though they may have stumbled against us and Ja in the qualifiers, I just know they was probably still expecting to run through Tunisia and Tajikistan.....and even Belgium, too........but  again, I hear what you saying from a more practical perspective.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2007, 12:15:42 PM »

Ah hear yuh yuh know Filho, and I agree with you especially about their qualification from concacaf from our perspective.  But knowing them yanks, even though they may have stumbled against us and Ja in the qualifiers, I just know they was probably still expecting to run through Tunisia and Tajikistan.....and even Belgium, too........but  again, I hear what you saying from a more practical perspective.

Buh look how I never even hear bout dah country.  :rotfl:

I could hear my yankee friend right now: "W-T-F!" lol
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2007, 12:34:48 PM »
Yet we live to fight another day...

- Xavi

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2007, 12:42:47 PM »

Coops, looks like some others got the spirit this is coming from - just trash talk wilst wearing my fan cap. But you're absolutely right this game will give the US plenty experience - we gonna school them real well  ;D

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2007, 11:46:23 AM »
Interesting group. Slightly different perspective.

Tajikistan scores 4 goals for the entire tourney ... all against the US; finishes with same goal difference as the US, but the US qualifies on what appears to me to be a superior scoring record ...

The US managed to do something that a couple qualifying teams (Costa Rica and Argentina did not do), that is SCORE IN EVERY GAME!

A couple useful lessons here for young players to absorb. Even moreso considering that the Japanese youngsters head home on the strength of the Tajik's resolve versus the US.

Tajikistan or not, scoring 4 goals on the US is not an easy proposition. This was a game in which the US led at times. Playing from behind the Tajiks established themselves as a threat.

In any event, proper footballing analysis should not be based on geographical familiarity. The young Tajiks came through over Iran, Iraq and Yemen. Indications are that the US has not conceded 4 goals in U-17 WC play since succumbing to France 5-3 in 2001. France went on to win that championship.

I don't care that the US arrived in Korea via CONCACAF or how they equip themselves versus Germany on Thursday. What I do know is that the US U-17s score and by doing so have a history of keeping themselves in the shuffle.

Objectively I can't compare this batch to previous US U17s, but I have seen these guys train and I know they deserve to be on this stage ... regardless of whether other (not in Korea) European U17s are superior.

As far as departed players ... the world will see more of Yoichiro Kakitani, Eden Hazard, Choi Jin Soo and Stephen Knox. All promising prospects.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 11:49:10 AM by asylumseeker »

1]; } ?>