April 24, 2024, 11:17:31 AM

Author Topic: Kenwyne Jones  (Read 5997 times)

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Kenwyne Jones
« on: August 27, 2007, 03:48:39 AM »
Rumours around Sunderland are that he is set to sign very soon with possilbly Stern John going the other way.

I don't really know much about Kenwyne to be honest guys, what are his attributes? Is he quick, physical, strong etc?

Do you think he can make the step up to the EPL?

We are really missing Carlos at Sunderland, we have no balance in midfield now as we do not have another right winger at the club. He is out for another 3 weeks according to Sunderland's physio......never mind though as we have a real easy game next week, Manchester United away  :'(

I am gonna be in Turkey that day so no doubt I will be the only Sunderland supporter there surrounded by loads on Man U fans  :o

Roy Keane's Red & White Army

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwyne Jones
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 04:07:34 AM »
check here
http://www.socawarriors.net/kenwyne_jones.htm
and my favorite wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenwyne_Jones
Cartman, hope you had a great summer as its back to business now

i feel ya need to join MU HA HA Cartman
Man United Haters Association of Home and Away :devil:
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 04:18:45 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 04:15:47 AM »
Cheers mate, yeah it's been fab but the summer has gone so quickly, it doesn't seem 2 minutes since we were promoted last season.

I am relatively happy with our start so far, we played well against Tottenham and did ok against Liverpool but they were just too good for us. The atmosphere for the home games has been fantastic with big crowds, we had the 2nd biggest crowd of the day on Saturday, only Arsenal had more, not bad for a newly promoted side and Liverpool only brought 2000 fans.

The thing that bothered me over the summer was that we seem to struggle to attract the top players to Sunderland at the moment, that will hopefully change when we establish ourselves as a PL team.

I have not been on here much lately or the SMB to be honest as my laptop in broken and it is a pain in the arse to have to use the computer upstairs. Mostly just go on when I am at work now  :rotfl:

How have you been lately, do anything nice over the summer?

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 04:24:06 AM »
yeah i spent one week here, doing nothing

just floating man,...........just floating ;D
now its back to the serious stuff of football

on another note, what's with some SMBers and their opinions about what's going on?
some seem harsh
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Joe Public

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 04:28:12 AM »
Cheers mate, yeah it's been fab but the summer has gone so quickly, it doesn't seem 2 minutes since we were promoted last season.

I am relatively happy with our start so far, we played well against Tottenham and did ok against Liverpool but they were just too good for us. The atmosphere for the home games has been fantastic with big crowds, we had the 2nd biggest crowd of the day on Saturday, only Arsenal had more, not bad for a newly promoted side and Liverpool only brought 2000 fans.

The thing that bothered me over the summer was that we seem to struggle to attract the top players to Sunderland at the moment, that will hopefully change when we establish ourselves as a PL team.

I have not been on here much lately or the SMB to be honest as my laptop in broken and it is a pain in the arse to have to use the computer upstairs. Mostly just go on when I am at work now  :rotfl:

Cartman, you've gone mad, the atmosphere against liverpool was shite, we were outsung by 2000 scousers in our own ground.
The big boys are in the butchers.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 05:02:46 AM »
Welcome back Joe
SOL outsung by 2,000 liverPUDDLE people?
shit.........hell is going to freeze over :devil:
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 05:46:19 AM »
when this jones thing go done boy? i tired wait
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007, 06:11:33 AM »

Cartman, you've gone mad, the atmosphere against liverpool was shite, we were outsung by 2000 scousers in our own ground.

Disagree JP, the atmosphere where I was sitting was great and I am pretty close to the SE corner and therefore the away fans. The North stand was quiet but both SE & SW corners were up for it. The Liverpool fans were fantastic to be fair, backed their team throughout and certainly added to the occasion.

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2007, 06:13:34 AM »
yeah i spent one week here, doing nothing

just floating man,...........just floating ;D
now its back to the serious stuff of football

on another note, what's with some SMBers and their opinions about what's going on?
some seem harsh

Some of our fans want instant success mate, it aint gonna happen overnight and our board seems to be overun with kids at the moment without a brain cell between them  ;D Most of the fans understand that it will take time to achieve any kind of success

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2007, 06:16:23 AM »
Some of our fans want instant success mate, it aint gonna happen overnight and our board seems to be overun with kids at the moment without a brain cell between them  ;D Most of the fans understand that it will take time to achieve any kind of success
Thanks Cartman,
Just as I was tryin to explain to one of our fellas on here

maybe big Joe was tanked before kick off ;)
 :devil:
easy Joe ;D
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 06:18:15 AM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2007, 07:11:43 AM »
when this jones thing go done boy? i tired wait
Firebrand had said ,Keane give Stern 5 days to think it over .

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2007, 07:23:06 AM »
Poor Stern John, Dwight Yorke literally kicked him out of Birmingham City and now Kenwyne Jones may do the same at Sunderland....

Stern John, you have to get back that hunger you had in the MLS.... where did it go ?
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline lacpac

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2007, 08:33:27 AM »
i think kenwyne should go to derby,he no better than stern,and dont replace another trini :-\ :challenge: :-\

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2007, 09:01:21 AM »
between me and allyuh i believe jones has being following this story and it influence his movements

Unsettled Alves refuses to travel with Sevilla

MADRID, Aug 27 (Reuters) - Sevilla's unsettled right back Daniel Alves failed to join up with the rest of the squad for the flight to Greece on Monday for the Champions League third qualifying round clash with AEK Athens.

Click here
'Daniel Alves has shown a complete lack of respect towards his colleagues and the organisation by refusing to travel with the club that pays him,' Sevilla president Jose Maria del Nido was quoted as saying on the club's website.

The Brazil international had been included in Juande Ramos' squad for the second-leg match against AEK on Tuesday, where they hold a 2-0 advantage, and for the European Super Cup against AC Milan in Monaco on Friday.

He had missed Saturday's Primera Liga opener against Getafe, which they won 4-1, with a minor injury.

Alves has said he still wants to leave Sevilla before the end of the transfer deadline, after a possible move to Chelsea appeared to have collapsed last week.

He has been one of Sevilla's outstanding players in recent seasons and was a key figure in their UEFA Cup triumphs in 2006 and 2007 and their King's Cup victory last June.

seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Joe Public

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2007, 09:13:22 AM »
Disagree JP, the atmosphere where I was sitting was great and I am pretty close to the SE corner and therefore the away fans. The North stand was quiet but both SE & SW corners were up for it. The Liverpool fans were fantastic to be fair, backed their team throughout and certainly added to the occasion.

I sit about 3 rows in front of houghton ref in the west stand, very near the swc and away fans, and the atmosphere was pants, we badly lack variation and any creativity in our songs.  It was like a morgue in the home end at times.  Liverpool by contrast had a huge array of songs and were loud throughout despite having their allocation ridiculously reduced.  Lets not dress it up like we are creating a cauldron of noise, because we definitely didnt.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2007, 09:16:36 AM »
Rumours around Sunderland are that he is set to sign very soon with possilbly Stern John going the other way.

I don't really know much about Kenwyne to be honest guys, what are his attributes? Is he quick, physical, strong etc?

Do you think he can make the step up to the EPL?

We are really missing Carlos at Sunderland, we have no balance in midfield now as we do not have another right winger at the club. He is out for another 3 weeks according to Sunderland's physio......never mind though as we have a real easy game next week, Manchester United away  :'(

I am gonna be in Turkey that day so no doubt I will be the only Sunderland supporter there surrounded by loads on Man U fans  :o

he was in premier league for a short while till Southampton go relegated  :(
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Joe Public

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2007, 09:16:54 AM »
Thanks Cartman,
Just as I was tryin to explain to one of our fellas on here

maybe big Joe was tanked before kick off ;)
 :devil:
easy Joe ;D

Hello again westcoast, hope you are well my good man.

I hope you arent suggesting i expect success too quickly, i'm under no illusions as to what to expect from following sunderland, 19 years ive been watching them, and have learned not to expect owt.  I'm as excited about this season as i ever have been, i just hope we are good enough to compete, because we certainly werent last time around and are still paying the price for it now.

Onwards and upwards, hopefully!

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2007, 09:31:19 AM »
no not at all Joe, just some, how do you fellas call it, "friendly Craic"...no offence meant

maybe your section or the ones around you were in awe of the liverPUDDLE fans.
I know you to be a staunch supporter of the SAFC so it must have been a bit frustrating to be amongst such an atmosphere.
I always thought that ALL of the SOL was loud and crazy for their team
I have learnt something different today.
The bad luck of an injured Carlos combined with the early rather than later match ups with the top teams could have a sobering effect on being Promoted, I am sure.
as the last season proved there will be highs and lows but in the end success. ;)
have a great match against Man Boo eh
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 11:45:49 AM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2007, 11:43:16 AM »

I sit about 3 rows in front of houghton ref in the west stand, very near the swc and away fans, and the atmosphere was pants, we badly lack variation and any creativity in our songs.  It was like a morgue in the home end at times.  Liverpool by contrast had a huge array of songs and were loud throughout despite having their allocation ridiculously reduced.  Lets not dress it up like we are creating a cauldron of noise, because we definitely didnt.

Never said we made cauldran of noise mate, what I did say was that the atmosphere was good which I still believe

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2007, 02:07:38 PM »
Heh cartman or JP, what's up wid stern, is he a gonnah or does he stand a chance to last out till the jan transfer. i read a lot of negs about him on the SMB and it seems like he is not liked by the fans in the least dispite scoring 3 goals this season including pre season. have you seen him play this season and could you rate his performances, does R keane think he's an asset or a liability in the prem. how probable does the KJ rumours seem from your prospective. i am brimming with anticipation since the derby rumours, i'd like to see this kid in the prem, not sure how he'd do but still curious to see him tested on that level.          positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline krsrd

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2007, 05:59:32 PM »
Heh cartman or JP, what's up wid stern, is he a gonnah or does he stand a chance to last out till the jan transfer. i read a lot of negs about him on the SMB and it seems like he is not liked by the fans in the least dispite scoring 3 goals this season including pre season. have you seen him play this season and could you rate his performances, does R keane think he's an asset or a liability in the prem. how probable does the KJ rumours seem from your prospective. i am brimming with anticipation since the derby rumours, i'd like to see this kid in the prem, not sure how he'd do but still curious to see him tested on that level.          positive.

Honestly.....

I think Stern would become nothing more than a bit part player for us (chuck him on for the last 10 minutes type of player) where as Kenwyne Jones could become a long term starter for us, We desperately need a target man IMO who can hold the ball up, battle with defenders and release the smaller man (chopra) and sadly i don't think Stern could fill that mould on a regular permanent basis in the Premiership (just my opinion)

Kenwyne Jones on the other hand I think could be a very worthy addition to our squad as i've said in another post on here, he might not be the finished article yet but he's a big lad with a lot of pace and with the right guidance I feel he could become a good player playing along side someone like Chopra

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2007, 07:58:34 PM »
K Jones is a future star in the Premier League. He is an extremely quick learner, a huge physical presence to contend with, great speed, and can play defense, too. Only 22. He can be a 15-20 goal scorer.
Hart for president

Offline onegaryrowell

• New Warrior
  • F.T.M.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2007, 03:24:17 AM »
Never heard of Kenwyne jones before Keane went in for him, I just hope he wont be another overpriced championship player who can't hack it in the prem

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2007, 03:47:25 AM »
Never heard of Kenwyne jones before Keane went in for him, I just hope he wont be another overpriced championship player who can't hack it in the prem
Thanks for stoppng by
you can start to get info here
http://www.socawarriors.net/kenwyne_jones.htm
and my favorite wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenwyne_Jones
and here
http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/team/?page_id=6587&player_id=115

Have a great visit.

Tallman or anybody else know why his Stats are not on the Saints site?
http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/team/?page_id=6588&season=2006-2007
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 04:14:57 AM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline onegaryrowell

• New Warrior
  • F.T.M.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2007, 08:51:14 AM »
Cheers marra, if he turns out to be anywhere near as good as Edwards then We'll be more than happy!

Offline onegaryrowell

• New Warrior
  • F.T.M.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2007, 09:01:20 AM »
Anybody know what Southampton paid for him?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2007, 09:25:25 AM »
Anybody know what Southampton paid for him?
Around £100,000 in 2004.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>