April 16, 2024, 08:38:03 AM

Author Topic: I Think this will be one of our Most Talented Teams for 2010 WC Qualifying..  (Read 5609 times)

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
my concern is our defense. including defensive midfield.

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
No disrespek to another TnT player but Roberts not in the same class as Stern John,not now or come 2010. Is ah joke to me how man just writing off #14 just so, all yuh good oui ..Men sounding like we get ah bly to the finals and we eh have 2 qualify.If all yuh so dotish to tink that SJ cyar cut it all yuh waste ah tink he will prove all yuh and Keane wrong .So until Bravo show he cannot do it for TnT anymore or until someone else show they cud carry de load and take we to 2010 ,TnT best striker/goal scorer and chance to qualify for 2010 WC, is Stern John.....Watch and see de different song de doubters will be singing after he score 20 goals for Southampton this season.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 07:36:55 PM by berris »
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
No disrespek to another TnT player but Roberts not in the same class as Stern John,not now or come 2010. Is ah joke to me how man just writing off #14 just so, all yuh good oui ..Men sounding like we get ah bly to the finals and we eh have 2 qualify.If all yuh so dotish to tink that SJ cyar cut it all yuh waste ah tink he will prove all yuh and Keane wrong .So until Bravo show he cannot do it for TnT anymore or until someone else show they cud carry de load and take we to 2010 ,TnT best striker/goal scorer and chance to qualify for 2010 WC, is Stern John.....Watch and see de different song de doubters will be singing after he score 20 goals for Southampton this season.
I happen to like roberts alot and i think if all goes well and he stays injury free ALLAH(GOD) willing, and plays regularly at this level he would prove to be one of our best players ever in our life time. i don't like comparing local players on a rivalry tip, but rather enjoy what each one brings to the table, any way i think roberts is being played out of position on the national team, IMO he's more of an attacking mid rather than a striker. looking forward to seeing him play with the rest of pro's in the local jersey along side stern and jones, that's if the count start acting like a responsible leader by freeing up the youths instead of standing in the way of proggress for monitary gain and foolish pride.                    positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
On the defensive side our mid-field is porous.The few time I have  seen  TT play real good against top opposition is when our mid was a cohesive unit. They defend as a unit, they control the ball with confidence, made effective short passes, square passes and one-twos and spread the ball wide with overlapping wing backs. Those occasion I can probably count on meh fingers.The majority of times, the opposition(Costa and US especially)  does run thru our middle like a car with an EZ pass going up the 95.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Everybody talking about Stern this and Stern that. We don't have cohesive midfield setup. If we don't have good midfield none of them super forwards all yuh hailing out wouild not get enough service to score. We need at least 3 creative mid-field. Four outstanding defensive mid-field and 4 wing backs(2 on each side) who can defend (primarily) and attack with confidence. The wing backs must to bring the  ball past half-lince without panic. They should be looking at Spurs Chimbonda. he is the model the Trini wing backs should follow. We have defenders, we have plenty forwards. But we lack a cohesive mid-field.

thats exactly the point i made breddah... good addition.. theres only hardest, who else is there? ???

if hardest there why would we need anybody else??

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Don't get me wrong, the Hardest can be one of the offensive genius for the team.He has touches.  But he must be more consistent. When I see the Hardest man-handle the US, Costa Rica, Honduras, JA in the mid-field, then I can confidently say we on the way to SA.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I think at that point Stern will still be very effective coming off the bench. you can't teach the goal scoring ability that he has.

yuh cyah teach the ability to miss at point blank range either

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
yuh eh easy jed! seriously though, as much as we love we stern, no way he go be in de running for a spot on that team, too much younger. speedier fellahs around now.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

1]; } ?>