March 28, 2024, 04:30:59 AM

Author Topic: U-17 midfielder says Korea a lifetime experience.  (Read 9717 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: U-17 midfielder says Korea a lifetime experience.
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2007, 09:42:59 AM »

One must remember a place on a team is based upon politics, coaches favour, tactics and formation, and your skill, size and fitness relative to your teammates. Also chemistry has a part to play and interaction with your fellow players.

Race.........complexion

I eh sayin' yuh right or wrong in this instance.....but if it were the other way around and he was the only black player on the team- men would have no shame in saying/implying what you are saying/implying

And the can of worms has been opened a wee bit more  ;D
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2007, 09:44:19 AM »
cause like nobody want to talk about the elephant standing right there in the room
where?

here? ;D

but seriously, spit it out man ;)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 09:52:00 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2007, 10:04:12 AM »

One must remember a place on a team is based upon politics, coaches favour, tactics and formation, and your skill, size and fitness relative to your teammates. Also chemistry has a part to play and interaction with your fellow players.

Race.........complexion

I eh sayin' yuh right or wrong in this instance.....but if it were the other way around and he was the only black player on the team- men would have no shame in saying/implying what you are saying/implying

And the can of worms has been opened a wee bit more  ;D

boy that going on long time

there were some good players of the lighter persuasion who never made it because of their complexion

and I know for damn sure it does go on with cricket

I cyah say for this present team right now but it is not out of the realm of possibility, he may not be the most combative player but he is two footed and technically gifted......................just saying

Més que un club.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2007, 10:16:17 AM »
lack of talent

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: De Silva grateful for U-17 experience
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2007, 10:17:19 AM »

If anybody can tell me or show me what has improved in our football since the appointment (of Wim) please feel free to share

That's a very very very naive and sadly typical outlook/mentality in T&T-

T&T is all about the quick fix- in all arenas including politics. Wim has been in charge for just about a year- and not even a full year of consistent football. What did you expect?- that Wim would be put in charge, and all of a sudden the footballing landscape in T&T would be revamped. Wim is just one man- and he's only a coach.  What did you expect? That the same stingy corporate sector that wouldn't give sufficiently to sponsorship and infrastructural development of football in T&T to all of a sudden open up their pockets because Wim is in charge? And if they don't is that Wim's fault? What did you expect? That Wim would build a football academy with his bare hands, and hire the world's top coaches and world's most shrewd businessmen to run it? and pay these men out of his own pockets? Did you expect that Wim would singelhandedly build and fund a football foundation so we no longer need to rely on JW personal funds for financing of initiatives? Did you expect our SSFL to suddenly be competitive globally? How? Because Wim would be the head coach of each SSFL team? Did you expect that as soon as Wim became in charge that every footballer in T&T would all of a sudden be technically sound? And that all the bad habits that big hard back men have gained over their years would suddenly disappear? You expect that all the incompetent coaches in the PFL would suddenly become great, and that the PFL stands would be packed, and the players would be skilled and globally exposed, and playing at the pace & quality required in int'l football and the league would be funded, well advertised & marketed, and attracting the region's best talent? - all in one year....Is that what you expected one year into Wim's tenure...

Do you have a clue as to what it would take for REAL & SUSTAINABLE improvements in T&T football? Or you just want to go in the stadium and all of a sudden see Trinidad playing a "nice brand" ? Have you ever thought it through and really pondered how much power Wim has in effecting change in our football? ...Much less in a year? Wim is our nat'l team coach and since his appointment he has not even had the chance to work with the nation's full talent pool through no fault of his own.

In your mind, what SPECIFICALLY do you think that Wim needs to, that he has not done? And was the reason that it wasn't done his fault? And do you honestly think he's working in an environment that allows him to realize his full potential as a coach/ catalyst for improvements in T&T football. I'm really interested to hear.

p.s. Let me clue you in- the oh so worshipped Beenie didn't change T&T football either- he prepared a team for a tournament- He had the full support of the powers that be, and he had full access to our talent pool- he did a great job, but nothing changed in our football...and if you think Wim didn't play a very significant part in that, you're a joker.

I'm not saying that Wim is great, but when I hear statements like yours, the first thing that comes to mind is- clueless...

lord boy Kicker, I count no less than 20 questions in your reply.

If he could answer half with some well thought out concise answers I would be surprised

Més que un club.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2007, 10:24:41 AM »

If he could answer half with some well thought out concise answers I would be surprised

haha- nah most of them questions rhetorical....

I's get a lil vex wid de kinda loosey goosey talk men is get on wid sometimes. If yuh complimenting someone that's one thing, but when yuh dissin' somebody, come with some kinda specifics- justify yuh frustration with some kinda rationale. Wim is a shittong, Anton is a shittong, etc etc.... half the time men know no better and just talking outta the darker side of their a$$... 

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2007, 10:26:54 AM »

haha- nah most of them questions rhetorical....

I's get a lil vex wid de kinda loosey goosey talk men is get on wid sometimes. If yuh complimenting someone that's one thing, but when yuh dissin' somebody, come with some kinda specifics- justify yuh frustration with some kinda rationale. Wim is a shittong, Anton is a shittong, etc etc.... half the time men know no better and just talking outta the darker side of their a$$... 

Anton is a shithound, no specifics necessary, the writing on the wall with that one

Més que un club.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2007, 10:57:04 AM »
He could pass and his technique is good.

But he smalley and is not a dribbler nor a combatant midfield ball winner, he is not a speedy player either. So given his playing style and his other teammates who bring a little more in the other departments this is why he gets a bench role.

But he is good, he have a quality about him and his place on the squad is deserved.

Also he ent help Saints last yr and well we all know where they will be playing come september, he also looked very ordinary amongst his peers.

I want this team stay together and progress through the ranks but there is a thing called LIFE that does happen and most of these fellas will fall by the wayside.

But i glad he come out and say in a tactful way what transpired.

Thank you, Touches, I can appreciate all what you have said here.

As for the thoughts on the subsequent posts:  I really cyah comment on dat.  I really don't know what the situation is at home when it comes to race and football.........when I was growing up everybody got an equal chance to play regardless of race, but what I saw was certain groups making their own choices as to what sport the played.  I honestly do believe that there is alot of Northvs South and Trinidad vs Tobago small mindedness that probably still goes on and there might even be some element of Secondary School-based biases that play a role in some people's selections and affiliations, but I never once got the impression from watching this young fella play, that his skin colour had a favourable influence on his selection to this team.  I was impressed enough with his play to surmise that his selection was warranted......Just my $.02

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2007, 11:10:08 AM »
I never once got the impression from watching this young fella play, that his skin colour had a favourable influence on his selection to this team.  I was impressed enough with his play to surmise that his selection was warranted......Just my $.02

More like unfavorable (the reason he was benched alot)- that was the gist.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2007, 11:26:07 AM »
I have only seen Sean De Silva play a few times.  First time I did hear about he was in a U 15 tournament a couple years back and the reports were the usual from a "touches" player. 

"A lil white boy come on and start to heat up de place"  "De small man show some wicked touches and ting"

From the reports, I gathered that crowds wherever he played loved him.  The descriptions of him were always the same..."small, little, touches, could play".

Then I actually saw him and he was as I expected.  Technically sound, good passer, two footed, pleasing to the eye to watch.  But his deficiencies in a midfield role were also obvious.  Small, not that strong on the ball, not that fast, not a tackler, not stong in the air.

So the issue for any coach is....how does this player fit into my scheme?

T&T basically plays a 4-4-2 system.  Sean isn't a striker.  He isn't mobile enough or strong enough to play the position and he's not a natural goalscorer.  He won't be playing defence so the only place for him is midfield.

In midfield, if you put him wide, one of his roles will be tracking back and containing the opposition wide player.  That is not one of his strengths.  The only position therefore for him, is in a central midfield role.  Now in days gone by, you used to have this "midfield general" role which has all but disappeared in today's game.  That player now has a different skill set.  That player is one who runs at the defence, can make the killer pass, is strong on the ball, and creates space for teammates by their presence.  They typically in today's game play just behind the strikers.  That however, puts extra work on the other midfielders because they now have to cover for the playmaker who typically isn't one that tracks back too often (see Riquelme, Zidane etc).  You have to have the players who can cover the midfield to play that system....or play 1 striker less.

Latapy can play that position.  Hleb can play that position.  Rooney can play that position etc.  Given T&T's system and team composition, I'm not sure the coaches could afford to play Sean from the start.  Maybe he could....I wasn't with the team so I can't say but based on what I have seen of him...that would be my wild guess as to why he doesn't start.

He reminds me of another ole CIC player....Kevin Moze.  Pretty pretty player.  Used to call him Hoddle.  Was on National youth teams a few times but never made the step up.  Pity....because he had the "touches" too.  His brother Gavin was less technical but much more of a battler and arguably more effective as a midfielder at the higher level.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2007, 12:04:11 PM »
I never once got the impression from watching this young fella play, that his skin colour had a favourable influence on his selection to this team.  I was impressed enough with his play to surmise that his selection was warranted......Just my $.02

More like unfavorable (the reason he was benched alot)- that was the gist.

Thanks, Kicker, as God is my witness, I wanted to mention that in my post, becuz I really wasn't sure which angle men was coming from (hence why I specifically used the word "favourable") but I really didn't want to..............go there.............just yet.  Appreciate the insight.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2007, 12:14:53 PM »
I have only seen Sean De Silva play a few times.  First time I did hear about he was in a U 15 tournament a couple years back and the reports were the usual from a "touches" player. 

"A lil white boy come on and start to heat up de place"  "De small man show some wicked touches and ting"

From the reports, I gathered that crowds wherever he played loved him.  The descriptions of him were always the same..."small, little, touches, could play".

Then I actually saw him and he was as I expected.  Technically sound, good passer, two footed, pleasing to the eye to watch.  But his deficiencies in a midfield role were also obvious.  Small, not that strong on the ball, not that fast, not a tackler, not stong in the air.

T&T basically plays a 4-4-2 system.  Sean isn't a striker.  He isn't mobile enough or strong enough to play the position and he's not a natural goalscorer.  He won't be playing defence so the only place for him is midfield.

In midfield, if you put him wide, one of his roles will be tracking back and containing the opposition wide player.  That is not one of his strengths.  The only position therefore for him, is in a central midfield role.  Now in days gone by, you used to have this "midfield general" role which has all but disappeared in today's game.  That player now has a different skill set.  That player is one who runs at the defence, can make the killer pass, is strong on the ball, and creates space for teammates by their presence.  They typically in today's game play just behind the strikers.  That however, puts extra work on the other midfielders because they now have to cover for the playmaker who typically isn't one that tracks back too often (see Riquelme, Zidane etc).  You have to have the players who can cover the midfield to play that system....or play 1 striker less.

Latapy can play that position.  Hleb can play that position.  Rooney can play that position etc.  Given T&T's system and team composition, I'm not sure the coaches could afford to play Sean from the start.  Maybe he could....I wasn't with the team so I can't say but based on what I have seen of him...that would be my wild guess as to why he doesn't start.

He reminds me of another ole CIC player....Kevin Moze.  Pretty pretty player.  Used to call him Hoddle.  Was on National youth teams a few times but never made the step up.  Pity....because he had the "touches" too.  His brother Gavin was less technical but much more of a battler and arguably more effective as a midfielder at the higher level.

Fair enough, Palos, I can also appreciate what you are saying as well.
 because when I saw him in the second "friendly" against Peru in June, they was tryin' to kill de young........."lil' white boy"  What I really liked about him was how assured he is with hiss passing game.  He really plays like he knows what he's about, he knows what he wants to do and how to go about doing it.   

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2007, 12:32:59 PM »

Good points- never seen Sean play but gather that your sentiment is a common one. Good thing for him is that he's young enough to learn and ultimately become a more complete player, and could probably step up to be a traditional dominant no. 10 in the days of the dying breed.

p.s. I think Gavin Moze was a goal keeper. The outfield Moze's were Kevin, Brendan, Darragh & Roger. Kevin & Brendan were both skilled ex nat'l youth players, Darragh was a good hard man.........and Roger was an average SSFL wing back.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 12:35:15 PM by kicker »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2007, 12:38:36 PM »
boy he could ah be 7'1 and 389 pounds and eh would ah be the big white boy on the bench with the bess touch

Més que un club.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2007, 01:03:20 PM »
Good points- never seen Sean play but gather that your sentiment is a common one. Good thing for him is that he's young enough to learn and ultimately become a more complete player, and could probably step up to be a traditional dominant no. 10 in the days of the dying breed.

p.s. I think Gavin Moze was a goal keeper. The outfield Moze's were Kevin, Brendan, Darragh & Roger. Kevin & Brendan were both skilled ex nat'l youth players, Darragh was a good hard man.........and Roger was an average SSFL wing back.

Yuh right.  Is Brendan ah was referrin to.  :beermug:

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2007, 01:27:47 PM »
boy he could ah be 7'1 and 389 pounds and eh would ah be the big white boy on the bench with the bess touch

:rotfl:

so so cynical...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2007, 02:50:11 PM »
Yeah Palos when I saw Sean Moze came to mind immediately. I also said I hope d same fate doh meet him. As for the race issue we talkin bout football and a business. How much ah them fellas from d west who kickin ball could tell they parents they want to b the next Latas.  It eh happening
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2007, 02:58:05 PM »
Yeah Palos when I saw Sean Moze came to mind immediately. I also said I hope d same fate doh meet him. As for the race issue we talkin bout football and a business. How much ah them fellas from d west who kickin ball could tell they parents they want to b the next Latas.  It eh happening

Yuh know it had ah time that might be real true.....whereby in the past the thought process was "boy it ha no money and no future in football doh waste yuh time wit dat"

But I feel the combination of ppl actually getting pro contracts and/or post secondary scholarships kinda changin that mindset
Plus havin Birchall on de team help break dat stigma lil bit

Keep in mind I suddenly become ah expert on this subject because ah just finish dye mih hair blond and I stay at ah holiday inn express las night
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 03:07:12 PM by Dutty »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2007, 03:04:49 PM »

Yuh know it had ah time that kight be real true.....whereby in the past the thought process was "boy it ha no money and no future in football doh waste yuh time wit dat"

But I feel the combination of ppl actually getting pro contracts and/or post secondary scholarships kinda changin that mindset
Plus havin Birchall on de team help break dat stigma lil bit

Keep in mind I suddenly become ah expert on this subject because ah just finish dye mih hair blond and I stay at ah holiday inn express las night

ooohhhhh laaaaawwwwddddd  !....... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

AH LOVE IT!!!!!.....AH LOVE IT!!!!....AH LOVE IT!!!....    [/b]

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2007, 03:43:51 PM »
Good Evening,
                        I have not seen this young man play, so my opinion of him is limited. To be honest, his assessment of his experience in the tournament is a breath of fresh air. What I think he trying to say in a diplomatic way is that we not ready for the international stage and we really need to go back to school when it comes to youth football.

Look, these guys are just 17. Our players seem to develop late. How we speed up this process is left to the people in charge of football and parents to an extent. If it is important for our guys to be as skillful, fast and strong as Ghana, Germany and Colombia, then let us spend the resources time and effort to do that. Have a USSF type setup like Bradenton Florida. IF we think that is too much resources on football then let's all agree to be 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th best.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2007, 10:39:11 PM »

If anybody can tell me or show me what has improved in our football since the appointment (of Wim) please feel free to share

T&T is all about the quick fix- in all arenas including politics. Wim has been in charge for just about a year- and not even a full year of consistent football. What did you expect?- that Wim would be put in charge, and all of a sudden the footballing landscape in T&T would be revamped. Wim is just one man- and he's only a coach.  What did you expect? That the same stingy corporate sector that wouldn't give sufficiently to sponsorship and infrastructural development of football in T&T to all of a sudden open up their pockets because Wim is in charge? And if they don't is that Wim's fault? What did you expect? That Wim would build a football academy with his bare hands, and hire the world's top coaches and world's most shrewd businessmen to run it? and pay these men out of his own pockets? Did you expect that Wim would singelhandedly build and fund a football foundation so we no longer need to rely on JW personal funds for financing of initiatives? Did you expect our SSFL to suddenly be competitive globally? How? Because Wim would be the head coach of each SSFL team? Did you expect that as soon as Wim became in charge that every footballer in T&T would all of a sudden be technically sound? And that all the bad habits that big hard back men have gained over their years would suddenly disappear? You expect that all the incompetent coaches in the PFL would suddenly become great, and that the PFL stands would be packed, and the players would be skilled and globally exposed, and playing at the pace & quality required in int'l football and the league would be funded, well advertised & marketed, and attracting the region's best talent? - all in one year....Is that what you expected one year into Wim's tenure...

Do you have a clue as to what it would take for REAL & SUSTAINABLE improvements in T&T football? Or you just want to go in the stadium and all of a sudden see Trinidad playing a "nice brand" ? Have you ever thought it through and really pondered how much power Wim has in effecting change in our football? ...Much less in a year? Wim is our nat'l team coach and since his appointment he has not even had the chance to work with the nation's full talent pool through no fault of his own.

In your mind, what SPECIFICALLY do you think that Wim needs to, that he has not done? And was the reason that it wasn't done his fault? And do you honestly think he's working in an environment that allows him to realize his full potential as a coach/ catalyst for improvements in T&T football. I'm really interested to hear.

p.s. Let me clue you in- the oh so worshipped Beenie didn't change T&T football either- he prepared a team for a tournament- He had the full support of the powers that be, and he had full access to our talent pool- he did a great job, but nothing changed in our football...and if you think Wim didn't play a very significant part in that, you're a joker.

I'm not saying that Wim is great, but when I hear statements like yours, the first thing that comes to mind is- clueless...

I guess the New York mentality is to belittle how Trinidadians think, just by that stupid, arrogant remark I know you for what you are.
You rant and rant nonsensically and still have not answered my question.
Let me repeat for your high and mighty mentality .
What improvement in Trinidad and Tobago football has the Wimp made since his appointment ?
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline syd

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2007, 05:57:29 AM »
I am a regular reader on this forum but try my best to refrain from posting because there is a lot of thing that is said and discussed that sometimes does not make a lot of sense. There is just to many coaches on this board, having said that in fairness to Shaun and the rest of the under 17 team I was fortunate enough to be invited to bring three youths from Canada to train with the team over the Christmas Holiday. I had a close up look of the team, and was very impressed with the group. Bar non Shaun is a very good good player his vision , his passing, to be honest I didn't really seem him do any set of tackling to disrupt the opposition. The guy dosen't need any unnecessary negative stick he worked as hard as anybody else in the camp, and he didn't say anything negative in his post tournament interview simply stated they were not ready. That guy already had his SAT numbers in his hand ready to go hence the reason for his scholar offer mind you I dont think it is needed wherehe recieved the offfer from, what I am saying he seems to be very level headed and knows what he is about.

In regards to the guys that I took down to the camp they were very young but very good, twins still 15 one central midfield the other anywhere across the back line and a striker just turn 16 if any one could tell me what the cut of date is for the under 15 is it 91 or 92? I will greatly appreciate it.
thanks.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2007, 05:57:46 AM »
I guess the New York mentality is to belittle how Trinidadians think, just by that stupid, arrogant remark I know you for what you are.
You rant and rant nonsensically and still have not answered my question.
Let me repeat for your high and mighty mentality .
What improvement in Trinidad and Tobago football has the Wimp made since his appointment ?

that question was answered. read between the lines.

you are under no obligation to disclose why you doh like Wim, but you really don't seem to make any sense in what you seem to expect of him. The are definitely others in your camp..so take that as just a matter of opinion. Anyway, you've lost the plot...I guess you are the master judgemnet of character based on one line..which ain't that far from the truth. In T&T, all too often we sacrifice long term planning for the quick fix. It's everywhere you look and that ain't a New York arrogant observation. U are simply blind if u don't know what I'm atlking about. Not saying all trinis, but thre are enough examples for it to be considered a blight on our nation's progress. Anyhow..I digress. Stick to football nah fishs....it real easy to get in a cyberfight...but next ting yuh know yuh watching a game and de same man yuh was cussing up bad on the web, is a cool soldier and is  :beermug: :beermug: Everybody here is a 'warrior'

Respek
And wuz de scee wit' Georgia. I know Trinis reach far, but yuh take de cake with dat one  :beermug:

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2007, 06:34:33 AM »

;D ;D

It really start as a kind of chain up for the Wim lovers and I guess it get out of hand.
It would have bordered on Trolling and I might of get de-forumised.

I really have a problem with the national coach and it not really personal.

Have Trini's here before me working with the UN as "Observers" .

Anywhere you go it trini and "trini mentality" to coin a recent quoted phrase.  ;D ;D
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2007, 07:31:50 AM »

FYI Mr Sensitive- I'm a Trinidadian too, so if you feel belittled by my post, then everyone including me should feel the same way. All I did was ask you what you expected of Wim- specifically. Not sure what in there would bruise the emotions....But in typical fashion you take it personal and offer nothing useful- which could only lead me to believe that you were just looking for talk....

You know me for who I am? That's a laugh.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2007, 07:55:38 AM »
I am a regular reader on this forum but try my best to refrain from posting because there is a lot of thing that is said and discussed that sometimes does not make a lot of sense. There is just to many coaches on this board, having said that in fairness to Shaun and the rest of the under 17 team I was fortunate enough to be invited to bring three youths from Canada to train with the team over the Christmas Holiday. I had a close up look of the team, and was very impressed with the group. Bar non Shaun is a very good good player his vision , his passing, to be honest I didn't really seem him do any set of tackling to disrupt the opposition. The guy dosen't need any unnecessary negative stick he worked as hard as anybody else in the camp, and he didn't say anything negative in his post tournament interview simply stated they were not ready. That guy already had his SAT numbers in his hand ready to go hence the reason for his scholar offer mind you I dont think it is needed wherehe recieved the offfer from, what I am saying he seems to be very level headed and knows what he is about.

In regards to the guys that I took down to the camp they were very young but very good, twins still 15 one central midfield the other anywhere across the back line and a striker just turn 16 if any one could tell me what the cut of date is for the under 15 is it 91 or 92? I will greatly appreciate it.
thanks.

Thanx for the feedback and input syd.  Will try to get the info for u.

Respeck

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2007, 08:23:04 AM »

thanks.

The cut off date would be 1992. Hope this helps
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2007, 08:36:21 AM »
Good Evening,
                        I have not seen this young man play, so my opinion of him is limited. To be honest, his assessment of his experience in the tournament is a breath of fresh air. What I think he trying to say in a diplomatic way is that we not ready for the international stage and we really need to go back to school when it comes to youth football.

Look, these guys are just 17. Our players seem to develop late. How we speed up this process is left to the people in charge of football and parents to an extent. If it is important for our guys to be as skillful, fast and strong as Ghana, Germany and Colombia, then let us spend the resources time and effort to do that. Have a USSF type setup like Bradenton Florida. IF we think that is too much resources on football then let's all agree to be 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th best.

Deeks I like what you are asking. T&T players do develop later it is a fact of many small football countries. Its the same with Denmark, Canada, even Holland (to a certain extent) etc. So what we have to keep in mind is that it is not necessary to look at results at U17, rather the quality of the players potential, how many players are making the grade at the highest level (professional), making them
candidates for the WC team.
So take this present u17, keep giving them international experience, add some players (who themselves developed late) and keep going from there. Then use all necessary contacts to get the better players into professional clubs and the rest into the better local Clubs & US Universities (if that is their choice). It is not quantum physics.
What also needs to be done is a reassessment of the present youth football structure. Either colleges do the work or clubs do the work, which ever one you choose they fall under the direction on the Technical Director.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
Re: U-17 midfielder says Korea a lifetime experience
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2007, 08:45:30 AM »
this boy shoulda start.....i know it easy to say shoulda and coulda after the fact but the yute could play has both feet  and a bit of vision

Do you really think it would have made a difference, them teams were well organised and outclassed in every game

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2007, 09:08:08 AM »

T&T is all about the quick fix- in all arenas including politics. Wim has been in charge for just about a year- and not even a full year of consistent football. What did you expect?- that Wim would be put in charge, and all of a sudden the footballing landscape in T&T would be revamped. Wim is just one man- and he's only a coach.  What did you expect? That the same stingy corporate sector that wouldn't give sufficiently to sponsorship and infrastructural development of football in T&T to all of a sudden open up their pockets because Wim is in charge? And if they don't is that Wim's fault? What did you expect? That Wim would build a football academy with his bare hands, and hire the world's top coaches and world's most shrewd businessmen to run it? and pay these men out of his own pockets? Did you expect that Wim would singelhandedly build and fund a football foundation so we no longer need to rely on JW personal funds for financing of initiatives? Did you expect our SSFL to suddenly be competitive globally? How? Because Wim would be the head coach of each SSFL team? Did you expect that as soon as Wim became in charge that every footballer in T&T would all of a sudden be technically sound? And that all the bad habits that big hard back men have gained over their years would suddenly disappear? You expect that all the incompetent coaches in the PFL would suddenly become great, and that the PFL stands would be packed, and the players would be skilled and globally exposed, and playing at the pace & quality required in int'l football and the league would be funded, well advertised & marketed, and attracting the region's best talent? - all in one year....Is that what you expected one year into Wim's tenure...

Thank you!!!!!

People like Fish only like to hear themselves talk. Claims like "I talked to well placed people" are all for self gratification. After all that he eh say nothing yet to answer the question.
TnT Patriot

1]; } ?>