March 29, 2024, 01:34:22 AM

Author Topic: U-17 midfielder says Korea a lifetime experience.  (Read 9724 times)

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: De Silva grateful for U-17 experience
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2007, 09:17:27 AM »

If anybody can tell me or show me what has improved in our football since the appointment (of Wim) please feel free to share

That's a very very very naive and sadly typical outlook/mentality in T&T-

T&T is all about the quick fix- in all arenas including politics. Wim has been in charge for just about a year- and not even a full year of consistent football. What did you expect?- that Wim would be put in charge, and all of a sudden the footballing landscape in T&T would be revamped. Wim is just one man- and he's only a coach.  What did you expect? That the same stingy corporate sector that wouldn't give sufficiently to sponsorship and infrastructural development of football in T&T to all of a sudden open up their pockets because Wim is in charge? And if they don't is that Wim's fault? What did you expect? That Wim would build a football academy with his bare hands, and hire the world's top coaches and world's most shrewd businessmen to run it? and pay these men out of his own pockets? Did you expect that Wim would singelhandedly build and fund a football foundation so we no longer need to rely on JW personal funds for financing of initiatives? Did you expect our SSFL to suddenly be competitive globally? How? Because Wim would be the head coach of each SSFL team? Did you expect that as soon as Wim became in charge that every footballer in T&T would all of a sudden be technically sound? And that all the bad habits that big hard back men have gained over their years would suddenly disappear? You expect that all the incompetent coaches in the PFL would suddenly become great, and that the PFL stands would be packed, and the players would be skilled and globally exposed, and playing at the pace & quality required in int'l football and the league would be funded, well advertised & marketed, and attracting the region's best talent? - all in one year....Is that what you expected one year into Wim's tenure...

Do you have a clue as to what it would take for REAL & SUSTAINABLE improvements in T&T football? Or you just want to go in the stadium and all of a sudden see Trinidad playing a "nice brand" ? Have you ever thought it through and really pondered how much power Wim has in effecting change in our football? ...Much less in a year? Wim is our nat'l team coach and since his appointment he has not even had the chance to work with the nation's full talent pool through no fault of his own.

In your mind, what SPECIFICALLY do you think that Wim needs to, that he has not done? And was the reason that it wasn't done his fault? And do you honestly think he's working in an environment that allows him to realize his full potential as a coach/ catalyst for improvements in T&T football. I'm really interested to hear.

p.s. Let me clue you in- the oh so worshipped Beenie didn't change T&T football either- he prepared a team for a tournament- He had the full support of the powers that be, and he had full access to our talent pool- he did a great job, but nothing changed in our football...and if you think Wim didn't play a very significant part in that, you're a joker.

I'm not saying that Wim is great, but when I hear statements like yours, the first thing that comes to mind is- clueless...

I guess the New York mentality is to belittle how Trinidadians think, just by that stupid, arrogant remark I know you for what you are.
You rant and rant nonsensically and still have not answered my question.
Let me repeat for your high and mighty mentality .
What improvement in Trinidad and Tobago football has the Wimp made since his appointment ?
Breds you have it back to front.....you are the one who hasn't answered the questions asked of you!
TnT Patriot

Offline syd

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: U-17 midfielder says Korea a lifetime experience.
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2007, 09:30:30 AM »
I am a regular reader on this forum but try my best to refrain from posting because there is a lot of thing that is said and discussed that sometimes does not make a lot of sense. There is just to many coaches on this board, having said that in fairness to Shaun and the rest of the under 17 team I was fortunate enough to be invited to bring three youths from Canada to train with the team over the Christmas Holiday. I had a close up look of the team, and was very impressed with the group. Bar non Shaun is a very good good player his vision , his passing, to be honest I didn't really seem him do any set of tackling to disrupt the opposition. The guy dosen't need any unnecessary negative stick he worked as hard as anybody else in the camp, and he didn't say anything negative in his post tournament interview simply stated they were not ready. That guy already had his SAT numbers in his hand ready to go hence the reason for his scholar offer mind you I dont think it is needed wherehe recieved the offfer from, what I am saying he seems to be very level headed and knows what he is about.

In regards to the guys that I took down to the camp they were very young but very good, twins still 15 one central midfield the other anywhere across the back line and a striker just turn 16 if any one could tell me what the cut of date is for the under 15 is it 91 or 92? I will greatly appreciate it.
thanks.

The cut off date would be 1992. Hope this helps

I am not to sure about that, because I know of kids who are born late in 91 playing in the under 15 division in the states.
I am putting the feeder out trying to make contact with Reynold Carrington he should be able to answer my question.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 09:56:57 AM by palos »

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2007, 09:33:18 AM »
Breds you have it back to front.....you are the one who hasn't answered the questions asked of you!
maybe he punch drunk from Kicker post # 25
dat was blows
even Claude Noel mighta stagger oui
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 09:55:28 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2007, 09:43:06 AM »
dat was blows
even Claude Noel woulda stagger oui

Nah!!  Claude Noel woulda jes' get he lip buss!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2007, 09:44:00 AM »
dat was blows
even Claude Noel mighta stagger oui

Nah!!  Claude Noel woulda jes' get he lip buss!
den say
"dais IT?" ;D
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 10:21:37 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2007, 09:54:27 AM »
I am a regular reader on this forum but try my best to refrain from posting because there is a lot of thing that is said and discussed that sometimes does not make a lot of sense. There is just to many coaches on this board, having said that in fairness to Shaun and the rest of the under 17 team I was fortunate enough to be invited to bring three youths from Canada to train with the team over the Christmas Holiday. I had a close up look of the team, and was very impressed with the group. Bar non Shaun is a very good good player his vision , his passing, to be honest I didn't really seem him do any set of tackling to disrupt the opposition. The guy dosen't need any unnecessary negative stick he worked as hard as anybody else in the camp, and he didn't say anything negative in his post tournament interview simply stated they were not ready. That guy already had his SAT numbers in his hand ready to go hence the reason for his scholar offer mind you I dont think it is needed wherehe recieved the offfer from, what I am saying he seems to be very level headed and knows what he is about.

In regards to the guys that I took down to the camp they were very young but very good, twins still 15 one central midfield the other anywhere across the back line and a striker just turn 16 if any one could tell me what the cut of date is for the under 15 is it 91 or 92? I will greatly appreciate it.
thanks.

The cut off date would be 1992. Hope this helps

I am not to sure about that, because I know of kids who are born late in 91 playing in the under 15 division in the states.
I am putting the feeder out trying to make contact with Reynold Carrington he should be able to answer my question.

Syd the cut of date is January 1st 1992. Meaning any player born on January 1st 1992 or later is eligible. The present U17's in Korea are January 1st. 1990's
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2007, 09:58:15 AM »
Syd the cut of date is January 1st 1992. Meaning any player born on January 1st 1992 or later is eligible. The present U17's in Korea are January 1st. 1990's

There u have it Syd.  Can't get much more official than that.  No joke.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2007, 10:15:47 AM »
Why I agree that money and football now go like a hand in a glove but is still a risk and I cyah see Sean family takin that risk.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2007, 10:38:26 AM »
Why I agree that money and football now go like a hand in a glove but is still a risk and I cyah see Sean family takin that risk.

Yuh sure...the school he choose seem to be a football choice and correct me if I wrong but he skipping A-levels?

Offline syd

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2007, 11:46:16 AM »
Thanks guys

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2007, 11:28:16 PM »
Skipping  A  Levels eh no big deal. Peeps realizing that A Levels is if u want to go UWI. Otherwise it have nuff options.

It may be a football school but his academics is very much his family focus I am sure
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>