April 23, 2024, 07:43:48 PM

Author Topic: Leroy DeLeon's son in de game  (Read 13159 times)

Offline lovingthislife

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Leroy DeLeon's son in de game
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2011, 09:18:56 AM »
Oh yes, I almost forgot to say.  I was talking to Nick last night, and his first choice is the U.S. National Team.  He could play for anyone really, and as soon as he puts the finishing touches on his footwork, and his mind.  No one on a futobol/soccer field will be able to beat him.  He could easily be that face that gets the U.S. involved and interested in soccer.  He is skilled, quick, thinks quick, physical, loves the game, and he is good looken.  He is not just quick, he faster with the ball then most men trying to run without the ball.  Everyone loves him.  So you will get to watch him on the world stage, no worries.

He did tell me, however, that T & T is a great secondary choice just because of his father and the history of it.

Offline lovingthislife

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2011, 09:25:42 AM »
My good partner was one of the coaches at UNLV till 2010. I'll ask him about DeLeon since he prolly had a role in recruiting him.

what is your partners name

Chad Brown
ya, I know some of his coaches and I do not believe he is close to chad any more.  If you wanna talk to someone about him you probably wanna talk to Mario.
     I think the first person to check if you want to get info on Deley is the man himself,i was home recently and before i left i got his number from Steve David because i wanted to touch base with him,some how i did not because he is a busy man with the assignment he has in Point,i was fortunate to have played against him at one time or another so we know each other.
I know calling my uncle would be best, but just like you said.  Im in AZ nad he is not.  Jus try getting him to pay attention to you if you live in AZ.  He is busy working on the nation youth sports program.  and who knows if he ever kept anything around of his footage, and pics.  he never showed us any growing up.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2011, 10:11:15 AM »
Oh yes, I almost forgot to say.  I was talking to Nick last night, and his first choice is the U.S. National Team.  He could play for anyone really, and as soon as he puts the finishing touches on his footwork, and his mind.  No one on a futobol/soccer field will be able to beat him.  He could easily be that face that gets the U.S. involved and interested in soccer.  He is skilled, quick, thinks quick, physical, loves the game, and he is good looken.  He is not just quick, he faster with the ball then most men trying to run without the ball.  Everyone loves him.  So you will get to watch him on the world stage, no worries.

He did tell me, however, that T & T is a great secondary choice just because of his father and the history of it.

Well if he wants to play for USA before T&T, thats fine, we dont need any uncommitted players like Aaron Maund who used us to play on the USA team. Tell Nick good luck and I hope if he doesn't make USA team our federation dont waste time persuing him. We are not second fiddle even though our federation sucks.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2011, 10:30:10 AM »

Well if he wants to play for USA before T&T, thats fine, we dont need any uncommitted players like Aaron Maund who used us to play on the USA team. Tell Nick good luck and I hope if he doesn't make USA team our federation dont waste time persuing him. We are not second fiddle even though our federation sucks.

I never liked sloppy seconds either.   :devil:

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2011, 10:36:08 AM »
looks like he could show some of our players a thing or two about intensity.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2011, 11:13:00 AM »

Wow but he   never made a US team at youth level!! ... so its the under 23 and national team . well best of luck to him....
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 11:25:59 AM by Trini _2014 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2011, 11:21:30 AM »
Lovingthislife,i might be wrong so i'm hoping you can help me here.Does Deley have a son that used to be with our national Youth team some years ago,to me like he had a son that was in the national setup when i was back home coaching,i can't remember his name could you confirm this for me?i don't know how or where he ended up. 

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2011, 11:33:32 AM »
My good partner was one of the coaches at UNLV till 2010. I'll ask him about DeLeon since he prolly had a role in recruiting him.
Chad Brown
ya, I know some of his coaches and I do not believe he is close to chad any more.  If you wanna talk to someone about him you probably wanna talk to Mario.
I spoke to my friend and he knows him pretty well from UNLV and now the Big East since he coaches at WVU. Both the former head coach of UNLV and Chad left for Louisville and WVU respectively and the head coach took DeLeon with him. He had alot of positive things to say about him and even stated that DeLeon should play in the MLS and coming to think of it, I remember him now from watching last year's NCAA final against Akron.

Offline lovingthislife

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2011, 01:34:36 PM »
Lovingthislife,i might be wrong so i'm hoping you can help me here.Does Deley have a son that used to be with our national Youth team some years ago,to me like he had a son that was in the national setup when i was back home coaching,i can't remember his name could you confirm this for me?i don't know how or where he ended up. 
I know his sister jessica played for the T & T national team and she is not one step behind Nick.  And I will figure out if Uncle had any others play.

Offline lovingthislife

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2011, 01:36:10 PM »
Chad Brown
I spoke to my friend and he knows him pretty well from UNLV and now the Big East since he coaches at WVU. Both the former head coach of UNLV and Chad left for Louisville and WVU respectively and the head coach took DeLeon with him. He had alot of positive things to say about him and even stated that DeLeon should play in the MLS and coming to think of it, I remember him now from watching last year's NCAA final against Akron.

yup, last year was his coming out party, and next year he will play, have fun, and be better than ever.

Offline lovingthislife

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2011, 01:43:51 PM »
Well Sam, and all the rest of you.  Your right!  You should not want anyone that does not WANT to play for T & T.  And anyone that plays for your national team should be in love with the ball, the game and the country.  they should have such focus and intensity that it would be impossible for them to suck.  Find some people like that, and your federatoin will be fantastic.

By the way Nick is still young.  He is not always sure what he wants.  So this year will be big for him, and fun for soccer.  So for the love of soccer, keep your love for DeLeon.  You never know what possitive things will come to you, trini, and soccer as a whole.  Lets vote for the love of soccer, and desire for competition.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2011, 01:44:04 PM »
I know his sister jessica played for the T & T national team and she is not one step behind Nick.  And I will figure out if Uncle had any others play.
      To me he had a son born in T&T,come on family these things should be on your fingertips.

Offline lovingthislife

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2011, 01:46:54 PM »
looks like he could show some of our players a thing or two about intensity.
love it!  You and I can be on the side of loving soccer, and hoping that whatever he brings, and wherever he plays he brings and inspires love for this sport, and love of life.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2011, 01:48:49 PM »
Chad Brown

yup, last year was his coming out party, and next year he will play, have fun, and be better than ever.
Good!!! I wish him all the best.....somebody tell Angus or whoever to keep an eye on this lad this season :beermug:

Offline lovingthislife

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2011, 01:55:38 PM »
      To me he had a son born in T&T,come on family these things should be on your fingertips.
I know he had 4 other children beside my two cousins.  I just found out about that a short time ago.  So I would not know about them.  Im looking forward to meeting these other parts of my family though.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2011, 01:56:31 PM »
Do yuh thing Nick!  Whatever you decide I hope it works out for you!!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2011, 02:10:29 PM »
The reason i'm asking these questions is because i'm trying to get a sense of who he might want to play for,the thing is his father played for T&T and has he has a brother and sister that played also,it's the reason he may want to play for T&T,also it's more complicated to get on a US national team than T&T if you all get my reasoning. 

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2011, 03:15:57 PM »
The reason i'm asking these questions is because i'm trying to get a sense of who he might want to play for,the thing is his father played for T&T and has he has a brother and sister that played also,it's the reason he may want to play for T&T,also it's more complicated to get on a US national team than T&T if you all get my reasoning. 

Got your drift!!

I believe if our federation gets its act together then all these talented players of T&T parentage in quality leagues around the world will want to play for us as a 1st choice rather than a 2nd especially if their parents also played for T&T in the past.

The sooner Camps walks and we can clean house & revamp the TTFF with new management blood who are willing to run the federation with transparency and accountability for the betterment of T&T football is the better off we will be with a wide choice of quality players to chose from for our national teams!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 03:17:55 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline lovingthislife

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2011, 11:33:27 PM »
I feel ya my friend.  Like I said, he loves Trini, and loves his dad to no end.  So what he wants and how it will work is yet to be seen. I finally talked to Dilly today, and I did not get a chance to ask all the questions of him I wanted cause he just arrived at practice.  So no answers on the other child, but y'all keep worken it out.  Dilly is putting in the time with the kids, and that is were it starts.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2011, 07:11:59 AM »
Check out DeLeon's goal

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/SLFbq6-qniU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/SLFbq6-qniU</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tl0iG4M8O6o" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Tl0iG4M8O6o</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/P-2yzAvleOU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/P-2yzAvleOU</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline lovingthislife

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2011, 04:57:47 PM »
In that O-1 loss Nick was player of the game anyway.  He is so fast, and so smart.  That game was on ESPNU, and replays sometimes.  He has another game on ESPNU this next tues 7pm easteren US time.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2011, 07:54:50 PM »
I like the kid ... and he got game I feel he could make a def impact on the u23 team ... but if he chooses us yuh cyah blame the guy he grew up there  hes an american .. so good luck either way!

Offline lovingthislife

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2011, 12:00:29 PM »
Any one want to see some of the new video footage?  When dudes face him down, they sometimes got nothing to do except fall over!  I am telling you that he continues to improve into the prodogy that his father was!  Only this young man listens to life directions!

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2011, 12:09:24 PM »
I hear Angus Eve may call him up for T&T's Under 23 team soon, I hope he accepts.

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2011, 12:38:57 PM »
It would be great if Nick could play for Trinidad and Tobago! Other countries encourage that kind of legacy where there is talent! I believe Gally used Anton in the Strike Squad as far as he could take him in recognition of his father . The exposure was good for him! It would be great to have Nick play with a national team to see how he fits in! But Alas this cut up group not on that head!

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2011, 12:41:13 PM »
Sando that would be great if that is Eve's thinking! I may have to eat my words!

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2011, 03:05:14 PM »
I hear Angus Eve may call him up for T&T's Under 23 team soon, I hope he accepts.

Eve should be blowing up this youthman twitter,email, cell phone,facebook,bbm,facetime etc....
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline lovingthislife

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2011, 10:47:45 PM »
here is a couple more videos guys.  Check it and tell me what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gtkb6p8ZOs&feature=share&fb_source=message

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gtkb6p8ZOs&feature=share&fb_source=message
in this clip you get to see his attack

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2011, 12:54:08 PM »
This Kid is pretty good... love that run at your opponents style.

1]; } ?>