June 05, 2024, 02:09:29 PM

Author Topic: Kenwyne signs for SAFC, Stern joins Saints.  (Read 25038 times)

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwyne signs for SAFC, Stern joins Saints.
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2007, 10:17:55 PM »

Congrats to K. Jones!   I hope that the Sunderland fans are not expecting a miracle worker, and they give the young man a chance before saying this and that.    What is a realistic target for Jones this season?  I think that if he scores more than 7 goals then one can say that he had a successful season.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwyne signs for SAFC, Stern joins Saints
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2007, 10:42:48 PM »
Is this deal subject to him (and Stern) receiving a new work permit? If not, how come?

No guesses please, only answer if u know!   ;D :beermug:
Their status with the TnT national team hasn't changed...they why should their work permit status?  As long as they each played in 75% of the national team's games the past two seasons they should be fine...which is the case.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2007, 10:45:05 PM »

Congrats to K. Jones!   I hope that the Sunderland fans are not expecting a miracle worker, and they give the young man a chance before saying this and that.    What is a realistic target for Jones this season?  I think that if he scores more than 7 goals then one can say that he had a successful season.

fuhget de Sunderland naysayers...any professional athlete worth his salt know better than to listen to what fans are saying.  Congrats to Jones...hopes he makes the most of the move now.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2007, 11:16:20 PM »
Big up KJ. Carlos yuh house big enough 4 KJ,he wife and he 3 pickney?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2007, 04:51:00 AM »
Is this deal subject to him (and Stern) receiving a new work permit? If not, how come?

No guesses please, only answer if u know!   ;D :beermug:
Their status with the TnT national team hasn't changed...they why should their work permit status?  As long as they each played in 75% of the national team's games the past two seasons they should be fine...which is the case.
Actually, according to my calculations they have only played 50-60% of the Soca Warrior's official games since August 05, thanks to the blacklist.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2007, 04:54:24 AM »
Actually, according to my calculations they have only played 50-60% of the Soca Warrior's official games since August 05, thanks to the Jacklist.
sorry Midknight, but I have to correct your post there.
It is just plain and simple "Little Boy" behaviour from the "Special Advisor" and nothing else.
Tie Tongue Football tieF
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 06:39:24 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2007, 04:58:13 AM »
I think Stern in the UK long enough to no longer require a work permit, i could be wrong. Not sure about Kenwyne.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2007, 05:20:22 AM »
They better beat ManU this weekend or else he go look like ah mistake.   :)
[/b]

Ah mistake to lose to ManU?  All yuhh crazy yes!  So if Chelsea lose to Manu, that means Drogba is a mistake for them?  Wha kind a logic allyuh does produce?
That ent have nothing to do with logic. Is natural human behavior to think like that...if he plays and they loose...then get into the peoples minds with your logic. :angel: :devil:  And Drogba ain't no KJ...so cut it out right now that. ;)
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2007, 05:21:21 AM »
Once you have played professional ball, consistantly (i.e. no breaks between work permits), for five years, you can apply for "Leave to Remain" i.e. Resident stauts, and therefore don't need a work permit.

Kenwyne has only been in the UK since 2004.
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2007, 06:14:45 AM »
Actually, according to my calculations they have only played 50-60% of the Soca Warrior's official games since August 05, thanks to the Jacklist.
sorry Midknight, but I have to correct your post there.
It is just plain and simple "Little Boy" behaviour from the "Special Advisor" and nothing else.
Tie Tongue Football Tief

MU..HA..HA..   

Memo to WestCoast:

Re: future reference to a ole tief

Sorry, WestCoast, but I had to correct your post here: Take dat "Capital T" in "Tief" and transfer it to de "F" instead so it could look like dis nuh "Tie Tongue Football tieF" and hereby taking the "literary license"of keeping with the acronym "TTFF. Sincerely, your CEO, COO, Union Chief and yada, yada, yada,

"Mr. Chow!"

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2007, 06:28:33 AM »
Once you have played professional ball, consistantly (i.e. no breaks between work permits), for five years, you can apply for "Leave to Remain" i.e. Resident stauts, and therefore don't need a work permit.

So would kenwin have a bit of a problem getting on board with all the crap going onn wid the impass and lack of CAPS epecially since he didn't play any international ball in almost a year. after all, look at the trouble yakubo went through for a permit and he was already in the prem. and another thing, what about that registration that was holding up spann, could kenwin see the same hell, or could we get a glimps of him on sataurday against manU. 
               positive.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 08:14:45 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2007, 06:40:25 AM »
yeow,
big Cheese of
MU...HA...HA
eh eh how you reach day :devil:

anyway  ::) look at my post again ;D
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 06:41:56 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2007, 06:56:54 AM »

You can't be serious....They spent 6mil for him.

Minimum 12 but hoping for 15-20.
TnT Patriot

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2007, 07:38:26 AM »
Now we talking
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline krsrd

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2007, 08:05:37 AM »

I'd like to see 10 - 12 from him minimum if he stays fit all season, but i'm more concerned about KJ and Chopra gelling and working well together, if they can learn to play well together quickly I think we will give alot of teams alot of problems

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #75 on: August 30, 2007, 08:23:30 AM »

7-9

Offline kingdavid

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 30, 2007, 08:35:32 AM »
http://www.safc.com/home/?page_id=13061

he will play saturday hopefully

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 30, 2007, 08:36:56 AM »
I just returned from sunderland......hu-uummm ah mean SMB, i read where kenwin had a practice session today. the word on the board  is he looked awful in practice. he scored a hatrick, but missed 5 one on ones, scored on a one on one, a header ,and a rebound.  word is that choppra showed an excelent outing, he played on the right wing and KJ played up front in a 4(D) 5(m) 1(CF) formation. yorke was on the menu once again since keene has shown much blind faith in him according to them. would be interesting to see how things pan out this weekend. ah hope kenwin prove them wrong. ah still like the italian fans much better though.           positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 30, 2007, 08:44:36 AM »
Did he get the clearance that he needs to to play on satuarday like work permit and registration. i hope so, don't need no mo static, lets rock and ROLL!!!!!!

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 30, 2007, 09:15:17 AM »
why do you like the Italian fans better ?
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 30, 2007, 09:40:59 AM »
why do you like the Italian fans better ?
YES! but i can't speak for every one of them just what i was exposed to, they seemed to be more evolved and appreciative. it's not written in stone though, so don't hold me to it, JMHO.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 30, 2007, 09:50:00 AM »
kenwyne hatrick carlos two and yorkie 1 chopra 2

sunderland 8 - 2 manu

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 30, 2007, 09:51:12 AM »
kenwyne hatrick carlos two and yorkie 1 chopra 2
sunderland 8 - 2 manu
I coming by you for some ah dat :devil:

KJ 1 - 0 ManBoo  ;)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 09:55:34 AM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 30, 2007, 09:59:07 AM »
ok cool

they probably are but when things go bad there they really go bad like breaking players car windows, throwing rocks at players houses and things like that. Then in the San Siro they have this lovely habit of filling cups up with urine and throwing it on the away fans on the lower stands.

Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline fyl2u

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 30, 2007, 05:23:22 PM »
Thanks Midknight.
Seven strikers.

Them men on SMB is real kicks yes

Quote from: steady boy
Originally Posted by Wheatley Hill East Durham View Post
That Stoke defender may well get rid of that clumsy Nosworthy so that may well be money well spent just for the sake of Nyron on the bench.

This Jones I am not really convinced, I believe we have sufficient Championship class/experience already up front.

What's the problem with looking at players abroad?
You either need a shag or a wank.

IAN HARTE PLAYED ABROAD UNLESS LEVANTE IS NEAR f**kING SEAHAM!!!!!!!

best you just forget them SMB men...

dey does hate on any and everybody...

look dey ponging nosworthy, but they just vote him player of de season only a couple months ago..

steups

:( sorry to hear you say that... not everyone on the SMB's like that, but for some reason all the resident idiots have started posting rubbish recently.

"Wheatley Hill East Durham" won't be happy unless we're winning every game 6-0 and I'm sure he'll still complain that some players weren't pulling their weight.  I got into a huge argument with him yesterday about the way he's been talking about one of our recent signings, Greg Halford.

The fact is, WHED's not much more than a kid, and although he attends EVERY match, home and away, he is a bit clueless.  Unfortunately he has a gang of kids that follow his every word.

I promise you, there's plenty of us on there that are positive, realistic, patient and, well, frankly, not idiots :)

Offline fyl2u

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 30, 2007, 05:25:53 PM »

Hey! Redtrinigirl!  Not seen you round the SMB much recently! How's things?

Offline fyl2u

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 30, 2007, 05:28:15 PM »

:rotfl:

There are some fans that have been crying out for a striker that will get 20 goals for us this season, but last year only Drogba manaed it in the entire division!  While I would be over the moon (thrilled) if he did, I'm not going to be slagging him off if he only gets 7 or 8 goals.

Offline fyl2u

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 30, 2007, 05:30:32 PM »
I just returned from sunderland......hu-uummm ah mean SMB, i read where kenwin had a practice session today. the word on the board  is he looked awful in practice. he scored a hatrick, but missed 5 one on ones, scored on a one on one, a header ,and a rebound.  word is that choppra showed an excelent outing, he played on the right wing and KJ played up front in a 4(D) 5(m) 1(CF) formation. yorke was on the menu once again since keene has shown much blind faith in him according to them. would be interesting to see how things pan out this weekend. ah hope kenwin prove them wrong. ah still like the italian fans much better though.           positive.

:rotfl: that sounds like some of our resident idiots on the SMB!

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 30, 2007, 07:29:25 PM »
The best thing for KJ right now is to score early,which will get everyone on his side

If it take awhile I think it may hamper his play

The great thing about this move is that Dwight will make sure he stays focus

Go KJ Go KJ Go

Show them you full of skillls

Just do your best we are all proud of you

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 30, 2007, 07:31:56 PM »
KJ is now under the microscope. He better score.

1]; } ?>