April 19, 2024, 05:32:14 PM

Author Topic: Is T&T...  (Read 3357 times)

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Is T&T...
« on: August 29, 2007, 02:41:11 PM »
capable of fielding a baseball team? i'm starting to see all these other countries who know nothing about baseball starting teams and entering big tournaments. now i know those who are reading this know some or nothing about baseball and are probably thinking im a crazy person talking crazy talk but i love playing this sport and i think trinidad could field a decent team. since trinidad plays cricket i think T&T could have some prospects with a strong arm,  fielding,  and batting. i'd love to see (or play for) trinidad in the world baseball classic. what do you fellas think about baseball in trinidad?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 02:42:48 PM by Trini Madness »
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Is T&T...
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 02:50:05 PM »
I want to see Jackula collect ah couple fastballs to he ribs

Culturally, I doh think trinbagonians will adapt because the hooligans will jeer and call it glorified rounders

However it would be interesting to see ah exibition match beetween the Caripichima Orioles and the Carenage Blue Jays
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 03:51:57 PM »
Port-of-Spain Corbeaux!!!!!

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 04:55:29 PM »
capable of fielding a baseball team? i'm starting to see all these other countries who know nothing about baseball starting teams and entering big tournaments. now i know those who are reading this know some or nothing about baseball and are probably thinking im a crazy person talking crazy talk but i love playing this sport and i think trinidad could field a decent team. since trinidad plays cricket i think T&T could have some prospects with a strong arm,  fielding,  and batting. i'd love to see (or play for) trinidad in the world baseball classic. what do you fellas think about baseball in trinidad?

I think I remember the Toronto Blue Jays having a short-lived scouting project in the 90s in T&T if not in the entire English-speaking Caribbean (the Spanish and Dutch speaking islands already being converted).  They said Phil Simmons coulda been a major league star.

I got the impression that a lot of those countries are fielding teams built around Americans with the appropriate heritage e.g. Mike Piazza was the star of the Italian team in Athens.  Peter Angelos (greek-american owner of the orioles) bankrolled an entire greek team of minor leaguers.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 11:36:25 PM »
i fuh one gettin caught up in MLB and i must say it exciting too bad.i wouldn mind seein ah trini outfit.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 04:39:52 PM »
Port-of-Spain Corbeaux!!!!!

Dey Coconut Hunters
OR
La Brea Rock Stars

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 07:00:07 PM »
i've always wondered how trinidad doesnt have a baseball team and being located just miles away from another country who happens to play baseball. i really feel trinidad can produce some good players.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2007, 11:28:16 PM »
It is glorify baseball. When Lara broke d record in 94 it was wondered if he would make it in d MLB
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2007, 02:08:33 AM »
The calysonian Protector used to run a little league back in the 90's they had a mound and ting in the savanha behind the horse cemetary, I don't know if it still running though.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2007, 11:33:38 AM »
If de Jamaicans could have a bob-sled team and enter de olympics....I doh see why not!!
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2007, 12:00:38 PM »
Another sport for we to get licks in  ::)

1]; } ?>