March 28, 2024, 02:16:46 PM

Author Topic: Stern joins Southampton FC.  (Read 8880 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Stern joins Southampton FC.
« on: August 29, 2007, 06:49:25 PM »
Stern John joins Southampton FC.
By: James Morley (Southampton FC).

Saints have traded one Trinidad and Tobago striker for another with Kenwyne Jones joining Sunderland in a move. Jones compatriot and proven goal-scorer Stern John also makes the move to St. Mary's and he's of course no stranger to red and white stripes.
The powerful centre forward was an ever-present for his country in last summer's World Cup and is the all time leading goal-scorer for the Caribbean nation.
Following a successful spell in Major League Soccer with Columbus Crew he made a switch to Nottingham Forest in the 1999/2000 season. Since then he has gained a wealth of experience at a number of English clubs, including Birmingham City, Derby County and Coventry.
John has already netted in the Premier League this season, scoring a last minute equalizer against fellow new boys, Birmingham. He also played against Saints last season for Coventry before making the move to Sunderland in January.
The Black Cats have already been splashing the cash over the summer in a bid to sure up their new found top-flight status. Most notable amongst them has been the capture of Hearts keeper Craig Gordon and the transfer of Cardiff City Michael Chopra.
Sunderland manager Roy Keane has also earmarked Saints want-away frontman, Kenwyne Jones as the man to keep the Mackems dreams alive.
Jones surprised many Saints fans by not only handing in a written transfer  request, but also refusing to play in last Saturday's home game against Stoke. That decision signalled the end of his Saints career.
With just two days to go before the transfer window slams shut, Saints boss George Burley has moved fast to complete the deal. He firmly believes that Saints have done an extremely good bit of business.
I was sorry to see Kenwyne go, but the player made it clear that he didn't want to stay here, and Sunderland came in with a very good offer.
Stern John is an excellent player and a great addition to the squad. His acquisition softens the blow of Kenwyne departure. He's very experienced both as an international and at Championship level and will add to our already potent forward line.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 08:10:50 PM by Flex »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
Re: Stern joins Southampton FC
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 07:06:23 PM »
I would not be suprised if Southampton is promoted next season.#14 is a dangerous striker when he have something to prove,just ask the TnT public after they write him off early in de hex.De man literally put TnT on his shoulders and take we to Germany.This season he sweat for bout 20mins and score,yet still Keane choose to let him go.Dais de business and SJ know that better than anyone, so now he will move on and prove de doubters wrong.... something he has done his entire career.
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 07:29:46 PM »
I would not be suprised if Southampton is promoted next season.#14 is a dangerous striker when he have something to prove,just ask the TnT public after they write him off early in de hex.De man literally put TnT on his shoulders and take we to Germany.This season he sweat for bout 20mins and score,yet still Keane choose to let him go.Dais de business and SJ know that better than anyone, so now he will move on and prove de doubters wrong.... something he has done his entire career.
Keep goin Bravo
Bus the net man
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 07:36:29 PM »
Good for Stern, let him play at a level that suits him best. He'll be happy there.
Hart for president

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 07:50:34 PM »
Good for Stern, let him play at a level that suits him best. He'll be happy there.

I eh lying nah ..you is ah glutton for punishment.I eh know why de fack some ah all yuh grenadians eh support all country and leave we to f@ck alone.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 08:02:25 PM by Tallman »
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007, 08:12:19 PM »

Berris no disrespect but sterns performance during the qualifying stages was great,but so was every other player,without them stern would'nt have done his thing,so please refrain from using terms like literally put TnT on his shoulders,stern ent god okay........... 
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 08:16:08 PM by saga pinto »

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2007, 08:28:56 PM »

Berris no disrespect but sterns during the qualifying stages was great,but so was every other player,without them stern would'nt have done his thing,so please refrain from using terms like literally put TnT on his shoulders,stern ent god okay........... 

With all due respek you farse and outta place to tell me to 'please refrain from using terms like literally put TnT on his shoulders'.. Why shud I ? And  I really doh mean it with any disrespect to you, but that is my opinion.When SJ miss goals is his fault alone, right ? but when he score goals is ah team effort.I eh trying to be unreasonable but the same way man does be quick to dis #14 for not scoring IMO he shud be giving his due when he performs extreamly well and in de hex without his goals we wud never be in Germany and that is a fact. Is funny how only his fans can see it this way,while his doubters/haters continue to write him off.
So Mr Pinto I will always have that opinion and unfortunately for you it will be written in history the same way. :beermug:
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Father Abraham

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Stern joins Southampton FC.
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2007, 08:44:18 PM »
stern gone through, he too lazy for a striker, he used to work hard but no more. i just speaking the truth. if he had something remaining keeno would have kept him, even cole at 35 makes more sense. lets see what he will do in the championship but honestly i do not expect too much. i am not hating, just telling it as it is.

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2007, 08:47:13 PM »
stern gone through, he too lazy for a striker, he used to work hard but no more. i just speaking the truth. if he had something remaining keeno would have kept him, even cole at 35 makes more sense. lets see what he will do in the championship but honestly i do not expect too much. i am not hating, just telling it as it is.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: .....pure comedy  :rotfl: :rotfl:
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2007, 09:02:35 PM »
False, untrue, dishonest, and loaded with the intent to aggravate, that's what your statement represents.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Father Abraham

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2007, 09:09:26 PM »
time will tell, just my opinion

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2007, 10:10:42 PM »

This is a good move for Stern.  He will get playing time and he will score some goals.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2007, 10:47:43 PM »
I ent go lie...I ah little disappointed fuh Stern, but say what pardna, put that chip square on yuh shoulders and go out and score some goals.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2007, 10:54:05 PM »

De man literally put TnT on his shoulders and take we to Germany.

Why when we was playing England he eh put we on he back and give we the 3 points? If one was to go on your logic he does only put TnT on he shoulders when he ready. What about all the other qualifiers and tournaments we play and lost because he missing at point blank range?

Diarrhea of the mouth constipation of the mind.

Good for Stern, let him play at a level that suits him best.

If that were the case he would be playing in Memorial Park with some youth from Belmont cause they good enough to get ah spot in the savannah.

Més que un club.

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2007, 11:10:03 PM »

Why when we was playing England he eh put we on he back and give we the 3 points? If one was to go on your logic he does only put TnT on he shoulders when he ready. What about all the other qualifiers and tournaments we play and lost because he missing at point blank range?

If that were the case he would be playing in Memorial Park with some youth from Belmont cause they good enough to get ah spot in the savannah.

If ah din know better ah wudda reply to what yuh say, but you, me, Stern and 'onezee',yuh remember she,we know this is just ah disgruntled child reaching out to he fadda #14.Doh leh meh go back and find de letter Stern write to this board explaining who onezee is and how yuh was born.Doh force meh hand nah ah begging yuh.
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2007, 12:58:54 AM »

If ah din know better ah wudda reply to what yuh say, but you, me, Stern and 'onezee',yuh remember she,we know this is just ah disgruntled child reaching out to he fadda #14.Doh leh meh go back and find de letter Stern write to this board explaining who onezee is and how yuh was born.Doh force meh hand nah ah begging yuh.

boy allyuh like old fame business.  Same question Roy Keane asking??? what has he done for me lately.  Stern John has become most renowned for being a striker who does throw way de sitters and score all de hard ones. Unfortunately de sitters does come more often than de hard ones. With all dat conviction people have why allyuh doh tell him to run a little more. Why dat is against he principles? or better yet is really strategy??? No what is more accurate is that Stern John with all his accolades is past his prime and de sooner some people realise dat is de sooner other strikers wearing red white and black could get to dawn de field. Stern couldn't score if he was not on de field and our other forwards dont get dat chance. Instead we will play forwards as central defenders just so we could still run de same setup with this holding forward ting..  tsk tsk tsk...  Time for we football to move forward.. yes forward as in 2 strikers running at de goal and let de midfield get back to puttin in their work to bring de ball forward. We cant even play a man like Hardest and Stern on de same field because Stern will try to hold up de defence splitting pass. No! those your supposed to run on to and score. Stern dont do dat no more and if by chance he try de Stern turn, any descent team with some video will know exactly what to do.  1 word... predictable.

Who doh like it can suck salt and eat chilly bibby.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2007, 02:04:13 AM »

boy allyuh like old fame business. Same question Roy Keane asking??? what has he done for me lately. Stern John has become most renowned for being a striker who does throw way de sitters and score all de hard ones. Unfortunately de sitters does come more often than de hard ones. With all dat conviction people have why allyuh doh tell him to run a little more. Why dat is against he principles? or better yet is really strategy??? No what is more accurate is that Stern John with all his accolades is past his prime and de sooner some people realise dat is de sooner other strikers wearing red white and black could get to dawn de field. Stern couldn't score if he was not on de field and our other forwards dont get dat chance. Instead we will play forwards as central defenders just so we could still run de same setup with this holding forward ting.. tsk tsk tsk... Time for we football to move forward.. yes forward as in 2 strikers running at de goal and let de midfield get back to puttin in their work to bring de ball forward. We cant even play a man like Hardest and Stern on de same field because Stern will try to hold up de defence splitting pass. No! those your supposed to run on to and score. Stern dont do dat no more and if by chance he try de Stern turn, any descent team with some video will know exactly what to do. 1 word... predictable.

68 goals in 99 apearances what more yuh want. if you ever played competitive ball then you would know how hard  it is to run for 90 minuites and perform at the top of yuh game . another thing , the best strikers in the world miss out on sitters, from henry, ronaldo ,kaka , bent, trezeget, man like zeco missing the ulimate sitter a penalty in the most important game of his life the WC final with the cup on the line. and about him slowing up the game by holding up the ball trying to split the defence, that is the epitomy of italian style football, and they have a much better and effective brand than the EPL, and the proof is what they have to show for the last year's accomplishments, a WC title and champions of europe AC millan. so faster don't nessasarily mean better.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 05:16:24 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2007, 02:35:28 AM »

Garbage!!!!! had it not been for stern we would'nt even had the opportunity to play england in the WC let alone make comparisons. stern was our main contributer in that campagn, and i honestly feel if he was old enough in 1989 we would've been there to. no disrespect to the rest of our players, but latas, yorke , lewis , faustin, philbert jones, marcell, none of them took us there, they all let us down and made we women cry on international TV, no fault of their own of course, but stern did, and he made our nation smile instead of cry, and men get drunk and partied for months and gyul get string up and feel sweet. so if yuh want someone to dog ,i sugest yuh start wid the  men who made our nation cry in 89.              ingratitude is worst than witch craft.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 04:41:32 AM by just cool »

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2007, 03:03:24 AM »
I still want to know how he literally put TnT on his shoulders ?

he pick de whole two island up ..............wow !

sorry sorry I just getting kicks but people does real misuse the word literally.

Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2007, 03:10:03 AM »
Garbage!!!!! had it not been for stern we would'nt even had the opportunity to play england in the WC let alone make comparisons. stern was our main contributer in that campagn, and i honestly feel if he was old enough in 1989 we would've been there to. no disrespect to the rest of our players, but latas, yorke , lewis , faustin, philbert jones, marcell, none of them took us there, they all let us down and made we women cry on international TV, no fault of their own, but stern did, and he made our nation smile instead of cry, and men get drunk and partied for months and gyul get string up and feel sweet. so if yuh want someone to dog ,i sugest yuh start wid the  men who made our nation cry in 89.              ingratitude is worst than witch craft
may I be so bold as to disagree with this post Just Cool
I believe that the "Special Advisor" and his Over Selling of the stadium made a much greater contribution to the failure of the 1989 campaign than any one of the players on the field or the Coaching staff as has been claimed by that same "Special Advisor".
Maybe one can also say that "Not realising the facts may be just as bad as ingratitude."
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 03:13:20 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2007, 03:11:43 AM »
and de four hour bus ride to the stadium on the day of the match .............great planning that
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2007, 03:25:43 AM »
Garbage!!!!! had it not been for stern we would'nt even had the opportunity to play england in the WC let alone make comparisons. stern was our main contributer in that campagn, and i honestly feel if he was old enough in 1989 we would've been there to. no disrespect to the rest of our players, but latas, yorke , lewis , faustin, philbert jones, marcell, none of them took us there, they all let us down and made we women cry on international TV, no fault of their own, but stern did, and he made our nation smile instead of cry, and men get drunk and partied for months and gyul get string up and feel sweet. so if yuh want someone to dog ,i sugest yuh start wid the  men who made our nation cry in 89.              ingratitude is worst than witch craft
may I be so bold as to disagree with this post Just Cool
I believe that the "Special Advisor" and his Over Selling of the stadium made a much greater contribution to the failure of the 1989 campaign than any one of the players on the field or the Coaching staff as has been claimed by that same "Special Advisor".
Maybe one can also say that "Not realising the facts may be just as bad as ingratitude."
No doubt, but my point is, if they had a goal scorer like stern then our chance would've increased with the possibility of quallifying even sooner, we probably wouldn't even need the last game to qualify. JMO.        positive.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2007, 04:20:40 AM »
When SJ miss goals is his fault alone, right ? but when he score goals is ah team effort.I eh trying to be unreasonable but the same way man does be quick to dis #14 for not scoring IMO he shud be giving his due when he performs extreamly well and in de hex without his goals we wud never be in Germany and that is a fact. Is funny how only his fans can see it this way,while his doubters/haters continue to write him off.

well said
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2007, 04:55:33 AM »
Allyuh jokey yes, it real simple to me. When our children are debating the topic, not us,  most of them wouldn't have seen him play, they wouldn't know his work eithic, or his attitude or anything like that. They will look at the stats, ultimately a striker will always be remembered for the goals he/she have scored more. Therefore, 68 goals in 99 games is a quality return at any level. Throw on top of that goals that secured a World Cup place. We could argue back and forth till thy kingdom come. Bottom line, there are no statistics for missed chances.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2007, 04:59:06 AM »

boy allyuh like old fame business. Same question Roy Keane asking??? what has he done for me lately. Stern John has become most renowned for being a striker who does throw way de sitters and score all de hard ones. Unfortunately de sitters does come more often than de hard ones. With all dat conviction people have why allyuh doh tell him to run a little more. Why dat is against he principles? or better yet is really strategy??? No what is more accurate is that Stern John with all his accolades is past his prime and de sooner some people realise dat is de sooner other strikers wearing red white and black could get to dawn de field. Stern couldn't score if he was not on de field and our other forwards dont get dat chance. Instead we will play forwards as central defenders just so we could still run de same setup with this holding forward ting.. tsk tsk tsk... Time for we football to move forward.. yes forward as in 2 strikers running at de goal and let de midfield get back to puttin in their work to bring de ball forward. We cant even play a man like Hardest and Stern on de same field because Stern will try to hold up de defence splitting pass. No! those your supposed to run on to and score. Stern dont do dat no more and if by chance he try de Stern turn, any descent team with some video will know exactly what to do. 1 word... predictable.

68 goals in 99 apearances what more yuh want. if you ever played competitive ball then you would know how hard  it is to run for 90 minuites and perform at the top of yuh game . another thing , the best strikers in the world miss out on sitters, from henry, ronaldo ,kaka , bent, trezeget, man like zeco missing the ulimate sitter a penalty in the most important game of his life the WC. and about him slowing up the game by holding up the ball trying to split the defence, that is the epitomy of italian style football, and they have a much better and effective brand than the EPL, and the proof is what they have to show for the last year's accomplishments, a WC title and champions of europe AC millan. so faster don't nessasarily mean better.
Though you provided evidence to support your point you must have misunderstood my point. (1) 68 in 99 is old news. Unfortunately, except for where stats and accolades are concerned, your as good as your last sale and lately Stern not sellin nuttin (2) Its not about de sitter(singular) dat stern throw away its about de sitters (plural) dat Stern of late continue to throw away (3) While de Italians might use the "hold up " setup as their strategy it seems like is only Stern on dis Team dat understand said strategy therby leaving everyone else unsure as to if to run, feed or wait to receive. Now I have a question for you. Is this hold-up de ball ting trademark of Stern John?? doh answer too fast.. Think back to when Stern john was scoring a bunch of dem 68 in 99 goals. If allyuh was willing to say dat de man changed within his game to suit either his clubs or his laziness then I might lay off he back but allyuh tryin to pass this off like if dis is de way de man play all de time.  And as for playing competitive ball how you know what level of ball I played? Was dat an assumption? Well I played with de same Eldo dat Stern start out with when they were Champions. with players like Mouse, Troy Roberts, Cali, Koplan to name a few and represented at de u-16 level with men like Granville Millington(Kai), Sterling, Lejea, Gullop, I went Corneal coaching school with heads like Shane, Bruce, Aliong, Nevay, Mumbly,Keston & Clinton Lambert... so dont play yuhself like if you automatically know a man ball history from postin on a forum.l

P.S. Doh bounce yuh head and call Latas and Dwight name in yuh foolishness. Latas is an antique and still winning SPL player of de month and Yorke is still on de Team dat just sell Stern John.  Ah say sell, ah mean gey way. How does 68 in 99 stand up next to 3rd leading scorer in EPL behind Shearer and Cole. Maybe Roy Keane is a lesser coach or baller than you...
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2007, 05:04:25 AM »
Allyuh jokey yes, it real simple to me. When our children are debating the topic, not us,  most of them wouldn't have seen him play, they wouldn't know his work eithic, or his attitude or anything like that. They will look at the stats, ultimately a striker will always be remembered for the goals he/she have scored more. Therefore, 68 goals in 99 games is a quality return at any level. Throw on top of that goals that secured a World Cup place. We could argue back and forth till thy kingdom come. Bottom line, there are no statistics for missed chances.

De mere fact dat you would talk about his work ethic and attitude means dat it would or should come into question.  Good ting Google videos aint going no where so my children could praise de 68 in 99 but also know what to do better to avoid being bumped by so many clubs in their latter balling years.  Long live Stern!!! now give de other forwards a chance. because Stern aint no Latapy and will not be playing at as high a level at his age. So doh watch no face.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2007, 05:46:05 AM »

De mere fact dat you would talk about his work ethic and attitude means dat it would or should come into question.  Good ting Google videos aint going no where so my children could praise de 68 in 99 but also know what to do better to avoid being bumped by so many clubs in their latter balling years.  Long live Stern!!! now give de other forwards a chance. because Stern aint no Latapy and will not be playing at as high a level at his age. So doh watch no face.

Only if Disgruntled decide to compile and upload a video of misses  ;D
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2007, 05:59:23 AM »

Only if Disgruntled decide to compile and upload a video of misses  ;D

problem is though with a name like disgruntled, people go feel he biased.. ;) ;)
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2007, 06:05:54 AM »

68 goals in 99 apearances what more yuh want. if you ever played competitive ball then you would know how hard it is to run for 90 minuites and perform at the top of yuh game . another thing , the best strikers in the world miss out on sitters, from henry, ronaldo ,kaka , bent, trezeget, man like zeco missing the ulimate sitter a penalty in the most important game of his life the WC. and about him slowing up the game by holding up the ball trying to split the defence, that is the epitomy of italian style football, and they have a much better and effective brand than the EPL, and the proof is what they have to show for the last year's accomplishments, a WC title and champions of europe AC millan. so faster don't nessasarily mean better.
Though you provided evidence to support your point you must have misunderstood my point. (1) 68 in 99 is old news. Unfortunately, except for where stats and accolades are concerned, your as good as your last sale and lately Stern not sellin nuttin (2) Its not about de sitter(singular) dat stern throw away its about de sitters (plural) dat Stern of late continue to throw away (3) While de Italians might use the "hold up " setup as their strategy it seems like is only Stern on dis Team dat understand said strategy therby leaving everyone else unsure as to if to run, feed or wait to receive. Now I have a question for you. Is this hold-up de ball ting trademark of Stern John?? doh answer too fast.. Think back to when Stern john was scoring a bunch of dem 68 in 99 goals. If allyuh was willing to say dat de man changed within his game to suit either his clubs or his laziness then I might lay off he back but allyuh tryin to pass this off like if dis is de way de man play all de time. And as for playing competitive ball how you know what level of ball I played? Was dat an assumption? Well I played with de same Eldo dat Stern start out with when they were Champions. with players like Mouse, Troy Roberts, Cali, Koplan to name a few and represented at de u-16 level with men like Granville Millington(Kai), Sterling, Lejea, Gullop, I went Corneal coaching school with heads like Shane, Bruce, Aliong, Nevay, Mumbly,Keston & Clinton Lambert... so dont play yuhself like if you automatically know a man ball history from postin on a forum.l

P.S. Doh bounce yuh head and call Latas and Dwight name in yuh foolishness. Latas is an antique and still winning SPL player of de month and Yorke is still on de Team dat just sell Stern John. Ah say sell, ah mean gey way. How does 68 in 99 stand up next to 3rd leading scorer in EPL behind Shearer and Cole. Maybe Roy Keane is a lesser coach or baller than you...
Take it easy cow boy, doh start pulling out yuh guns just yet BC yuh might shoot an inocent man in me. yuh grossely misunderstood some of my post, when i said I F YOU EVER PLAYED COMPETATIVE BALL THEN YOU WOULD KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO RUN FOR A FULL 90 AND BE EFFECTIVE, does not imply that you didn't,  but more so implies that you did, so you should know better than to talk like that about a player. I automatically assume that everyone on this board played some kind of competitive ball in their lives, maybe not professional , but some kind of league whether bush or other wise, and to besides, i am not so arrogant and simple my bredder to assume that i know of your accomplishments, like you said i don't know you, and i would not pretend to either. as far as bounceing my head is concerned, those are very strong words to use towards someone you bearly know, i would not use such a phrase to you unless you attact my character firstly. any way my friend the same way you talked about a player i admire, which you don't feel that strongly about, i guess i could do the same without you taking it personal or acting out of character. It's a forum dread, ah place where bredders and sisters come to relieve some stress and relax from the cares of the world and shoot the breeze, knowing we could agree to disagree without getting personal and using abussive language towards each other no matter how heated the discussion may get.                      positive.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 04:54:36 AM by just cool »

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2007, 06:21:42 AM »

68 goals in 99 apearances what more yuh want. if you ever played competitive ball then you would know how hard it is to run for 90 minuites and perform at the top of yuh game . another thing , the best strikers in the world miss out on sitters, from henry, ronaldo ,kaka , bent, trezeget, man like zeco missing the ulimate sitter a penalty in the most important game of his life the WC. and about him slowing up the game by holding up the ball trying to split the defence, that is the epitomy of italian style football, and they have a much better and effective brand than the EPL, and the proof is what they have to show for the last year's accomplishments, a WC title and champions of europe AC millan. so faster don't nessasarily mean better.
Though you provided evidence to support your point you must have misunderstood my point. (1) 68 in 99 is old news. Unfortunately, except for where stats and accolades are concerned, your as good as your last sale and lately Stern not sellin nuttin (2) Its not about de sitter(singular) dat stern throw away its about de sitters (plural) dat Stern of late continue to throw away (3) While de Italians might use the "hold up " setup as their strategy it seems like is only Stern on dis Team dat understand said strategy therby leaving everyone else unsure as to if to run, feed or wait to receive. Now I have a question for you. Is this hold-up de ball ting trademark of Stern John?? doh answer too fast.. Think back to when Stern john was scoring a bunch of dem 68 in 99 goals. If allyuh was willing to say dat de man changed within his game to suit either his clubs or his laziness then I might lay off he back but allyuh tryin to pass this off like if dis is de way de man play all de time. And as for playing competitive ball how you know what level of ball I played? Was dat an assumption? Well I played with de same Eldo dat Stern start out with when they were Champions. with players like Mouse, Troy Roberts, Cali, Koplan to name a few and represented at de u-16 level with men like Granville Millington(Kai), Sterling, Lejea, Gullop, I went Corneal coaching school with heads like Shane, Bruce, Aliong, Nevay, Mumbly,Keston & Clinton Lambert... so dont play yuhself like if you automatically know a man ball history from postin on a forum.l

P.S. Doh bounce yuh head and call Latas and Dwight name in yuh foolishness. Latas is an antique and still winning SPL player of de month and Yorke is still on de Team dat just sell Stern John. Ah say sell, ah mean gey way. How does 68 in 99 stand up next to 3rd leading scorer in EPL behind Shearer and Cole. Maybe Roy Keane is a lesser coach or baller than you...
Take it easy cow boy, doh start pulling out yuh guns just yet BC yuh might shoot an inocent man in me. yuh grossely misunderstood some of my post, when i said I F YOU EVER PLAYED COMPETATIVE BALL THEN YOU WOULD KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO RUN FOR A FULL 90 AND BE EFFECTIVE, does not imply that you didn't,  but more so implies that you did, so you should know better than to talk like that about a player. I automatically assume that everyone on this board played some kind of competitive ball in their lives, maybe not professional , but some kind of league whether bush or other wise, and to besides, i am not so arrogant and simple my bredder to assume that i know of your accomplishments, like you said i don't know you, and i would not pretend to either. as far as bounceing my head is concerned, those are very strong words to use towards someone you bearly know, i would not use such a phrase to you unless you attact my character firstly. any way my friend the same way you talked about a player i admire, which you don't feel that strongly about, i guess i could do the same without you taking it personal or acting out of character. It's a forum dread, ah place where bredders and sisters come to relieve some stress and relax from the cares of the world and shoot the breeze, knowing we could agree to disagree without getting personal and using abussive language towards each other no matter how heated the discussion gets.                      positive.

if "bounce yuh head" seem strong to you... my apologies.  We was talking about Yorke and Latas not de $50.00 I owe you.. so I did not see it as abusive but my bad, no malice intended.

Love in de House.
Warren N. Boucaud

1]; } ?>