April 24, 2024, 06:54:40 PM

Author Topic: Buddies go for Birchall  (Read 6193 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Trinidad connection key for Birchall
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2007, 08:49:32 PM »
The 23-year-old Coventry midfielder is the latest in a long line of Soca Warriors to ply their trade in Scotland with Falkirk's Russell Latapy and Marvin Andrews, now with Raith Rovers, the most notable. Former Dundee United and St Johnstone striker Jason Scotland, Collin Samuel, Brent Sancho and Kelvin Jack also enjoyed spells in Scotland.
Doh forget Arnold Dwarika, Tony Rougier, Craig Demmin, Jerren Nixon, Clayton Ince, Brent Rahim, Densill Theobald, Lyndon Andrews and Tony Warner
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Buddies go for Birchall
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2007, 09:26:09 PM »
dat journalist at the Evening Post should have contacted Tallman first...just a rookie
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Birchall relishing loan chance
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2007, 04:07:04 PM »
Birchall relishing loan chance
Coventry Telegraph

CHRIS Birchall is hoping to rejuvenate his career at St Mirren after moving north from Coventry.

The 23-year-old Trinidad and Tobago midfielder has been snapped up until January by Buddies boss Gus MacPherson.

Birchall joined the Sky Blues from Port Vale last August in a £325,000 deal.

But he failed to settle at the Ricoh Arena and was allowed to leave by boss Iain Dowie to get first-team football.

He said: "Iain pulled me in and said there was interest from St Mirren and I am not going to stop you going because the squad here is too big.

"I'm just grateful for the chance to come here, I want to enjoy my football again and play games.

"The gaffer (Gus MacPherson) came down and watched me a few times and it's nice that someone takes time and makes the effort to come and watch you.

"I'm privileged and hopefully I can perform to the best of my ability in the coming games.

"I want to fight my way into the team and, once I'm in, try to pass on some experience."
Buddies boss Gus MacPherson welcomed the player and thanked Dowie for sanctioning the deal.

He said: "We are delighted to get him and I've watched him a couple of times.

"He adds a bit of strength to the squad and also competition for places and that it what we are looking for.

"I'm also grateful to Iain for allowing it to happen."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Buddies go for Birchall
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2007, 04:32:48 PM »
hope it works out for him :beermug:
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

1]; } ?>