April 19, 2024, 09:49:22 PM

Author Topic: 2007-08 Andre Samuel league is here, sign up early!! ah love it!!  (Read 85465 times)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: 2007-08 Andre Samuel league is here, sign up early!! ah love it!!
« Reply #450 on: May 11, 2008, 10:59:50 AM »
wtf?

magic dread...

they give brown 3 bonus and ferdinand 2 bonus points..

on top of that, somehow they decide lampard get the assist on the sheva goal and give him some bonus too..

and they give lita de full bonus... 

There is a God!!!

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: May 11, 2008, 11:44:05 AM »
Dat -6 from dunne real kill me boy, here was i thinking that they would put in a strong showing against middleborough to show the Thai that Sven is the man for the job..........steups

Congrats to everyone in the league and thanks for participating.

Congrats are in order for JDB on a fine season.......

Ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #452 on: May 11, 2008, 12:10:19 PM »
Waiting for the final tally but it looks like Lescott goal or Hughes clean sheet was the difference between winning and losing.

The Antiguan run out of steam in the end.

I see Cowen come and pass Andre on the very last day but Andre do well. Hanging around the top ten for the whole season is not easy. Real Madness do good too.

2cents and Omar come run the second half of the season but fall short.

Hard luck to Touches, Feliziano, Berris, Firebrand and Ricky I know allyuh looking forward to next year.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: May 11, 2008, 09:22:23 PM »
The 'Special One' celebrates Sporting Pelau's impressive 2nd place finish in the Andre Samuel League

Offline TRINIMITCH

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Photobucket
« Reply #454 on: May 11, 2008, 10:14:19 PM »
To finish 29th in my first season is great for me, was not sure what to expect from it but i must say thanks to omarldinho for introducing me to the Andre Samuel League and if I may borrow a quote from Andre "Ah Love It" lol. Can't wait for next season for this season has taught me many thing which i intend to put into effect for next season and hopefully finish in the Top 10.

Congrats to JDB for taking the title, hard luck dey Omar you fall short like Chelsea in the title race better luck next season.
PROUD TO BE MALICK

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: May 12, 2008, 08:37:36 AM »
Congrats to JDB. Excellent contest and truly the best this year It was a really tough season and the number of guys crossing 2000 was realy impresseive.

Touches ....better luck next season. Need to invest some more in the off season.  ;D

To the top 5 managers. Briliant display of managerial prowess. Truly the cream of the crop.  :angel:

Special mention to Andre for hanging in there til the very end ...but like he always says ... jub jub does melt in the heat. To much heat at the top for tht one...............ah love it  :devil:

Until next season.....

:beermug:

PS...ah taking it all next season
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: May 12, 2008, 09:51:32 AM »
While you know i'm not one that likes to toot my own horn, i have to highlight the piece of managerial brilliance that brought me within 4 points of the title in the final gameweek.

There are 1.7million people in the entire league, yet when I brought in Leroy Lita the night before the window closed, only 342 other players in the league went for him. And I ditched Santa Cruz to do that when just about everyone was bringing him in.

Also, I was the only one who had the balls to gamble the captaincy on Lampard.. i am a special one!

JDB is pressure. That man team value hitting 110.0.  Allyuh eh understand de kinda monster allyuh dealing with. When I realize that man mark my available funds (and probably all the other contenders) at the beginning of the final gameweek, then took a note of how much I spent to deduce who I bought, I realize is a next level kinda fellah we dealing with. I feel he done pick he side for the first gameweek in August already lol.

The Antiguan.. What happen in crunch time dread? As soon as the chasing pack charge him the man make some kinda panicky transfers, transferring men out then bringing them back in next week.. Culminating in forgetting to make transfers on final day. pressure does buss pipe.

2Cents.. 74 transfers in the season mean yuh real work to finish so high and ah have to give yuh props dread.. your side had a whole different complexion to the norm and yuh still press hard.  that move you make for Al Habsi a few weeks ago was real boss.

Andre Samuel.. Consistent over the season. But 35 transfers in a whole season? Wha kinda pantyman ting is dat in truth? Yuh trying to put we to sleep or what?

Cowen and Freakazoid Express A.. Allyuh men come from nowhere to cop the last 2 european places.. great stuff..

Anyway fellas.. League was exciting this year and I was happy to dish out hefty helpings of pelau to the 145 other players besides JDB.

Ah laying down de gauntlet now. Next year, I will not make the same early season mistakes and I feel I will take it by a stretch. And ah want de cup too!

Allyuh better bring it or yuh know is more gloating in allyuh skin.. :bringiton:

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: May 12, 2008, 11:42:45 AM »
I know d Antiguan, d man is a Man U die hard and when d season start to look lil shakey down to the end d man tell me dat he forget bout fantasy league yes. He still boil down like sunday oil down and he hadda get some talk for dat.

When Man U start to pop down near d end of the season d man was going stark crazy yes, i hadda tell him to seriously relax before he get a stroke.....

I will encourage him to register on the forum cause he like to run he mouth like everybody else.

He win two league and come third in this one but he say he will take it next season.

Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: May 12, 2008, 01:45:36 PM »
well i have to big up freakazoid xpress. from not even being on the 1st page to coming 6th :applause: :applause: :applause:

1st season in d league and a 6th spot finish i think thats damn good, 1st and last time pelau boy beating mi

and ah win d big league eh incase allyuh didnt know  ;D ;D ;D

congrats 2 jdb, very consistent gameweeks, good performance by mi Antigua  cousin  but he fade like arsenal on d home stretch

omar u is ah cry baby but ah have to give u yuh props u nearly sneek the title u move likke d phantom there
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 01:56:27 PM by freakazoid »
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: May 12, 2008, 04:02:52 PM »
363         JH Rangers     Justin Henry     51     2309

this man is actually the highest ranked tnt playa
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: May 12, 2008, 04:10:20 PM »
363         JH Rangers     Justin Henry     51     2309

this man is actually the highest ranked tnt playa

It have some trini men who feel dey is yankee and have dey country as USA... look good... right in we league too...

So that man might not be the highest rank trini...

anyhow ah mus say now dat de league done... dat despite his boastfulness and braggodocio... ah was secretly backin omardinhlo... he come from nowhere with a bunch of we who was languishing low low for bout half de season.. and like a cycling pack we rush up front and when we bun... the pelau take off...

I go big up triniairman too because he eh run out of gas like me and do well in de end... ah was 6th up to 6/7 weeks ago then i eh make a sub for like a month straight...  and that was it... but i still proud of my 23rd...

I hear it have a third page oui...  ;D
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #461 on: May 12, 2008, 07:55:05 PM »
What a great season it has been (Man Utd win the title and we have a 50% shot at the CL).

In the world of fantasy, a good season for myself as well...but before I continue let me say congrats to Tu Mama and the manager JDB. A very consistent season and you rightfully deserve the title.

Sporting Pelau...ah love the push at the end...some brilliant moves...but some inconsistency over the season make me believe the right man win. I must say though...ah love men who does make gambles cuz in this fantasy thaz the men could make the biggest moves in a short space of time.

KIG Ballers...real ppl hate...and I myself not on the conservative...but to lead for so long...I salute.

To the rest of the top 10...a big shout to all...it's a big achievement over the course of a season. Mr Samuel sir, well done...it's been great. Go back and read the posts in the forum...top 10 is a must. AC Gunners in 11th a side I c near trini top 5 for the last years as well. Last but not least  FC Juma...the cup champion!!! We did it...go PCD!!! A Selecao No Mercy...2nd place PCD, 2nd place cup...push me all the way...entertain all the way, these guys have no clue.

As for myself...must say thanks to the men who recognise 2cents from awhile back, as being different and such, same way I approach real football and life as well (men must be saying ah taking this too serious...lol). Omarldinho...d transfers...lol....74 in all...all ah could say is last season after about 4 straight years of being the same way ah try to be conservative and come 4th in my league PCD after always being in top 2. So this yr i return to the old ways and well the results show this is the way for me...even though is not the way for everybody. Not making any excuse but you guys get away...1st 6 weeks I didnt cross 47 points...from then on i never get lower than 48. I take credit for having men like Petrov from week 1 and aim to find the new stars for next season...but I give credit to men who buy Kenwyne Jones in the earlies cuz I watch it as men being patriotic to a fault but he did well.

I leave by saying on August 10th last season I posted in the league that I would finish top 10...and to make it stronger for next season...I WILL ONCE AGAIN BE IN THE TOP 5...so 4 spots up for grabs...bless!
It's only kinky the 1st time

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: May 13, 2008, 01:34:28 PM »
Coming Soon........The Andre Samuel League Awards and Honors List

ah love it!!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: May 13, 2008, 01:40:43 PM »
Andre tough luck breds...

I vex Omar ent win it cause I like how he play the game.

Honestly the man handle it...dais how this game supposed to be played. One more game week and he woulda take the title.

I go try again next yr. I will even take a page from your book and move pantyish from time to time.

In a few months...

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: May 13, 2008, 02:43:33 PM »
Congrats JDB! Yuh mash dem up dis year!

Big up to men in de top five as well. Ah cyar say I eh miss de air up there....but 15th eh too far below.

2cents yuh come rel good dis year breds...top 5 in de ASFL and Champion in de PCD. Well done!

Fire Nation FC will be back next season...bigger...stronger...hotter!

Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: May 13, 2008, 06:46:42 PM »
Well whatever happen, this hadda win the award for Andre Samuel League "Quote of the Year"   :rotfl: :rotfl:

Andre that radar you have is the same one we government using to ketch drug runners in de gulf or wha?? dat eh pickin up blips at all..   :rotfl:

i eh go lie shitty wes brown save meh skin dis week.. dat ref from de man u game mess up everything, CR7 was going and purge heself if it wasn't for that mascherano red card and men would get ketch sleeping..

now i have JDB firmly in my sights, lock and load..

JDB, ah comin!

Keep coming bro.

Yuh riding a wave right now but it can't last till the end.

This week was disappointing but at least I cut the lead by 1 point.

Slow and steady progress to the end is the goal.

I cyar remember de last time ah laugh so!..............lololololol

One pt? lol. Yuh dam right, slow and steady as she goes!

ah love it!!

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #466 on: May 14, 2008, 04:57:54 AM »
Congrats Juma  :beermug: and the other 40 people who beat me  ;D

Omar we gunning for you next year for sure  ;)
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: May 14, 2008, 09:38:23 AM »
well done JDB
i had no internet for the last 6 weeks so dropped to 40th, but say what i still beat feliz and berris  :rotfl:
i was 16th when i left and 3rd last year so i holding the best average the last 2 years  ;D

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: May 14, 2008, 08:43:11 PM »
check yuhself ricky

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: May 14, 2008, 09:13:27 PM »
check yuhself ricky

yuh right boy, i checked and see you was 9th this year and i think 2nd last year....

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: May 14, 2008, 10:10:10 PM »
check yuhself ricky

hmmmm boy marcus..

ah realize it have some men fighting de game hard under lows..

coming in and peeping the talk in the thread, quietly taking yuh full plate of pelau and sitting down eating in de back room. Then studying up and ponging de keyboard hard making yuh transfers..

allyuh must pass in now and then and say a lil word man. Lewwe know if yuh alive and how yuh find de food eating.

Yuh name spanish or what?

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: May 16, 2008, 07:45:18 PM »
fellas I going tru withdrawal symptoms

it ent d same....checkin in every fri night. Opening about 4 web pages to gather info. One page for transfers and another one to makko man side.

I missing the game.

oh well a few months to go

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: May 16, 2008, 08:12:52 PM »
fellas I going tru withdrawal symptoms

it ent d same....checkin in every fri night. Opening about 4 web pages to gather info. One page for transfers and another one to makko man side.

I missing the game.

oh well a few months to go

allyuh doh laugh eh..

but i actually check meh side tonight..   :'(

anyway.. it have euro league coming up albeit its not the same.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: May 17, 2008, 07:41:43 AM »
The Andre Samuel League 2008 Honour List

CHAMPION - JDB, Tu Mama

SECOND - Omar, Sporting Pelau FC

THIRD - Kasim Geroge (de antiguan), King Ballers

HONOURABLE MENTION - Manuvelona (2 cents), Maniacs (Cowen), Freakazoid exp (ayaj george), Soca Warriors (andre samuel), real madness (VM), Flamengo (marcus) and FC Juma - Rest of Top 10.  These players all placed in the top 20 in Trinidad and Tobago.

BIGGEST MOVER - This has to go to Omar, one of the bravest moves i ever see was the Gallas Captain move.  Omar came from nowhere and reach up with the big boys after a poor start.

BIGGEST POP DOWN - $#0++@ (or shotta for short) - he was in the top 15-20 in the first half of the season giving everybody talk and then ended up in 69th place....lol.

BIGGEST MOVER/POP DOWN - This award is for the person who did a combination of both awards. This award goes to Touches.  He has a poor start and was on the second page, made some moves and reach in the top 10-15 and then pop down to 39th.  Jub-Jub does melt in de heat, lol.

BIGGEST DISAPOINTMENT - Mr Berris!! After a big season in 2007 in the ASL, i expected big things from this player, but he disappointed greatly.

MOST CONSISTENT - Soca Warriors (andre samuel  ;D) and Tu Mama (JDB).  Ah know some ah allyuh does call meh side a panty man side, but myself and Juma are the two players who stayed near the top for the majority of the season.

BIGGEST MOUTHMAN - Omar........geez and ages, it ent have ah man ah wanted tuh beat more with all he talk.  He expose ah man side on the page, he calling out men, and playing Mourinho by explaining what he do every week.....lol............ah love it!!

LEAST TRANSFERS - FC Gold Street.  This player only made 17 transfers for the whole season and still finished in a commendable 12th place.

MOST TRASNFERS - AC Cerlanji (Cern Hector.....a relation to Cheyanne or Gary??).  This player had a whopping 98 transfers and finished in 58th place.

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED AND FEEL FREE TO ADD/SUGGEST ANY MORE CATEGORIES/AWARD WINNERS THAT U THINK SHOULD BE THERE.

THANKS FOR MAKING THIS LEAGUE THE 274th BEST LEAGUE OUT OF OVER 113,000 IN THE WORLD!!

ps: keep the trophy nice and clean JDB, i coming for it next year!!

ah love it!!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 07:44:14 AM by andre samuel »

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: May 17, 2008, 11:05:38 AM »
The Andre Samuel League 2008 Honour List

CHAMPION - JDB, Tu Mama

SECOND - Omar, Sporting Pelau FC

THIRD - Kasim Geroge (de antiguan), King Ballers

HONOURABLE MENTION - Manuvelona (2 cents), Maniacs (Cowen), Freakazoid exp (ayaj george), Soca Warriors (andre samuel), real madness (VM), Flamengo (marcus) and FC Juma - Rest of Top 10.  These players all placed in the top 20 in Trinidad and Tobago.

BIGGEST MOVER - This has to go to Omar, one of the bravest moves i ever see was the Gallas Captain move.  Omar came from nowhere and reach up with the big boys after a poor start.

BIGGEST POP DOWN - $#0++@ (or shotta for short) - he was in the top 15-20 in the first half of the season giving everybody talk and then ended up in 69th place....lol.

BIGGEST MOVER/POP DOWN - This award is for the person who did a combination of both awards. This award goes to Touches.  He has a poor start and was on the second page, made some moves and reach in the top 10-15 and then pop down to 39th.  Jub-Jub does melt in de heat, lol.

BIGGEST DISAPOINTMENT - Mr Berris!! After a big season in 2007 in the ASL, i expected big things from this player, but he disappointed greatly.

MOST CONSISTENT - Soca Warriors (andre samuel  ;D) and Tu Mama (JDB).  Ah know some ah allyuh does call meh side a panty man side, but myself and Juma are the two players who stayed near the top for the majority of the season.

BIGGEST MOUTHMAN - Omar........geez and ages, it ent have ah man ah wanted tuh beat more with all he talk.  He expose ah man side on the page, he calling out men, and playing Mourinho by explaining what he do every week.....lol............ah love it!!

LEAST TRANSFERS - FC Gold Street.  This player only made 17 transfers for the whole season and still finished in a commendable 12th place.

MOST TRASNFERS - AC Cerlanji (Cern Hector.....a relation to Cheyanne or Gary??).  This player had a whopping 98 transfers and finished in 58th place.

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED AND FEEL FREE TO ADD/SUGGEST ANY MORE CATEGORIES/AWARD WINNERS THAT U THINK SHOULD BE THERE.

THANKS FOR MAKING THIS LEAGUE THE 274th BEST LEAGUE OUT OF OVER 113,000 IN THE WORLD!!

ps: keep the trophy nice and clean JDB, i coming for it next year!!

ah love it!!

Andre,

Wah u tink about a super league next year in addition to the regular andre samuel league. Dis is d proposal

Top 50 men from d A.S. league from dis year

One team per man. Key is to get d league near the top leagues in the world.

Relegation for d bottom 10 teams and invites to the top 10 teams who come good in d regular A.S league

Wah allyuh say?
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: May 17, 2008, 11:38:35 AM »
Andre

This league was #115 at a point in time.

I like G idea..have a Andre Samuel Super league or keep the league competitive.

Because it have REAL men in this league put in a side just because, some get licks in the first month and overs dey side, some have 2 or more side, others just jump on the bandwagon late, some men just dont take orn.

Point is certain men does take this thing serious and we should be rewarded. Also some men put in their dues is how much seasons we playing this and the bbc league under the flex forumites.

It will keep the competition high and the race tight.

Take the top 50 like G say and relegate and promote men. Also I like the FA cup game too...that was borse.

Who vex they ent make it lorse

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: May 17, 2008, 12:31:36 PM »
Ah like G idea, sounding like if we could make ah play for the top 20 league in the world.

Also, there is someting i could put in place to ensure that there arent any late comers next season.  It is true we had about 150 players in the league this year but we really dont want the quality to dip too much.

I have to option to lock up the league from any new registrants and i think that for next season, i will lock up the league at week 3 to avoid any stragglers from pullling down the league value!!

ah feel next year we going and take dis ting to ah next level. 

AH LOVE IT!!

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: May 17, 2008, 04:50:42 PM »
Boss idea g! SocaWarriors.net Super League (SSL). No disrespect to u Andre, but we have the ASL, the Warrior Nation Fantasy Cup, so why not give SW.net ah bligh too. What all yuh think?
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: May 17, 2008, 05:10:30 PM »
Good idea g..

Ah mean if we want to be all technical, the Champions League places should only be the reserve of JDB, myself, the Antiguan and 2cents and not a whole other 46 players who belong in the Intertoto.   :devil:  8)

But I like the relegation and promotion idea. This would encourage all the serious players to fight for something other than another dose of pelau.

Also, if allyuh want to make it really competitive, we could do the Super League as a pool, where everyone puts in a $20 into the season pot.  The pot is split into two parts to be distributed to the leader at gameweek 19 and gameweek 38. Ah guarantee yuh that will make the league right up there with the one of the top leagues in the whole game!!

Next year go be harder for me as I go be juggling some serious commitments, but ah seeing ah opportunity to fight for de treble next year.

Look out for the end of season interview with the Special One speaking about this season's accomplishments

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: July 09, 2008, 01:46:35 PM »
YEAH Forumites....

the Ting start back.

I now 1/2 way register meh side...I hadda choose Kit colours over.

Andre start up the league and give we the code nah man.

Also I suggest we do the "Champions League" or Super league suggestion to keep the big guns competitive.

1]; } ?>