April 22, 2024, 09:51:49 AM

Author Topic: Who on Earth thought that this was a good name.......  (Read 2031 times)

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Who on Earth thought that this was a good name.......
« on: August 30, 2007, 11:13:49 PM »
TrekStor showcases i.Beat blaxx portable media player

Surely not as flashy as the gilded i.Beat organix seen at last year's CeBIT, TrekStor's i.Beat blaxx still looks mighty fine in its own right. Debuting at IFA, this diminutive player weighs in at just 26-grams and features a 1.3-inch 160 x 128 resolution display, MP3 / WMA / OGG / WAV / SMV file support, a built-in FM tuner, line-in port, a rechargeable Li-ion, and USB connectivity. The units arrive in both 2GB and 4GB flavors and come bundled with a set of Sennheiser headphones, and while the least capacious iteration will ring up at €119.99 ($162), you can double the storage space for just €30 ($41) more.

The i.beat.blaxx...coming soon to your local KKK Chapter.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Who on Earth thought that this was a good name.......
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 04:30:13 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 05:02:35 AM »
Surely not as flashy as the gilded i.Beat organix seen at last year's CeBIT,
The i.beat.blaxx...coming soon to your local KKK Chapter.
allya real like shit yes  ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 08:32:00 AM »
dat is ah joke right?  ???
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 08:48:28 AM »
Nope check this link:TrekStor showcases i.Beat blaxx portable media player

UPDATE: German based Trekstor has announced that they are changing the name of the Trekstor i.Beat blaxx to just the Trekstor blaxx as a result of of some unintended connotations of the product name. You can read the letter sent to Gizmodo from Trekstor regarding the issue.

The letter from Gizmondo:
Dear Trekstor

Your PR division sucks/may never have learnt how to read aloud. Given both of those possibilities are not mutually exclusive, we have a strong inclination to believe both statements are true. You are doing a great job at proving us right, all thanks to your new iBeat blaxx MP3 player. Do not get us wrong, the little fascist music playing device looks quite the accomplished gadget. We are confident it plays just as well as you promise, but we have a little problem with the name. We are guessing, (not being complete morons), that anything named "iBeat blaxx," is probably not going to go down well with anyone who is not an absolute jerk-off. What do we know? Still, if you see the light and would like to apologise to all those many, many individuals you have offended, please feel free to drop us a line at tips@gizmodo.com. Further, as your publicity department could apparently not organise a piss up in a brewery with due competence, perhaps our trusted readership could assist you in the naming process? If you would like to take us up on our offer, please see below for suggestions.

Kind Regards

Gizmodo

The reply from Trekstor:
Dear Gizmodo, TrekStor is shocked by the way our new MP3 player's name "TrekStor i.Beat blaxx" is perceived. Of course the word "Beat" is not meant as a verb, but refers to the beats of the music you are listening to. More than 4 years ago, TrekStor introduced the i.Beat MP3 player series that today consists of more than 25 different players - all named individually. "blaxx" was chosen, because the player is designed with an elegant black piano finish. As a reaction to the bad connotation of the name, TrekStor decided to rename the product "TrekStor blaxx" - effective immediately. We sincerely apologize to everybody whom we offended by the initial name of this product and want to emphasize that TrekStor condemns violence and any form of racism.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Best regards,

Gil Szmigiel
Vice President / CTO

Apparently the KKK is now threatening legal action claiming that they were mislead and that their hopes were unecessarily raised that a a product was finally marketed to white supremacists.

In a related story Ebony Magazine has cancelled their planned MP3 player the i.beat.honkies.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 09:17:53 AM by PantherX »

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 09:16:51 AM »
:rotfl: :rotfl:   nice sh*t up letter as well.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 09:27:43 AM »
oh lawd allya killing me here today :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2007, 10:36:05 AM »
dis remindin meh of de sofa story ah while back.

When we go learn boy?
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2007, 10:43:14 AM »
dis remindin meh of de sofa story ah while back.

When we go learn boy?
i remember that.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2007, 03:58:18 PM »
I find that real interesting that they change the name almost instantly after just one letter or protest

As fluent as the germans are, iis de men an dem second language...so I could see how someting like that could slide past plenty people
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

1]; } ?>