April 16, 2024, 04:09:51 AM

Author Topic: Jemmott sent packing by Superstar Rangers.  (Read 23257 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jemmott sent packing by Superstar Rangers
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2007, 01:56:10 PM »
I not siding with nobody but if you could terminate the contract of one and fine the other one when they all played I mean which one is the greater of two evils....whas the real scene here?

The following quotes were the reasons given for the different punishments:

It wasn’t their first indiscretion this season and that’s why we saw it unwise too carry on any further relationship with those fired,” said Piper.

“We have only decided to fine Arnold and Devon fifty percent of their salaries this month and keep them listed with us because until now they have been modeled players throughout their careers with us. We believe that it was fair to give them another chance,” explained the Rangers manager.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2007, 01:59:04 PM »
I not siding with nobody but if you could terminate the contract of one and fine the other one when they all played I mean which one is the greater of two evils....whas the real scene here?
Yuh miss de part about 'modeled players' or what?  If you habitually showing yuh ass and my pants happen to fall down on mih one time, why should I pay the same penalty as you?  Even the law has stepped up penalties for repeat offenders.

Agree with Tallman too...I doh even know why Dwarika name does come up in these talks about wasted potential, de man gave a solid professional and international account of himself.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2007, 02:05:45 PM »
What a bunch of idiots.
Ah hope the joy dey get from de tournament was worth it.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2007, 02:59:28 PM »
Yuh miss de part about 'modeled players' or what?  If you habitually showing yuh ass and my pants happen to fall down on mih one time, why should I pay the same penalty as you?  Even the law has stepped up penalties for repeat offenders.

Agree with Tallman too...I doh even know why Dwarika name does come up in these talks about wasted potential, de man gave a solid professional and international account of himself.

his names comes up because many believe that for all that he has accomplished much much more was expected, and much much more could have been achieved.

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2007, 03:10:10 PM »
Boi this man get more chances dan anybody in de history of football yesss....steupsssssssssss :busshead: :busshead: :busshead: when he go learn boi, he will always be known as the player wid potential...... and dat is all, but i am afraid it has all passed him by now

Offline john_public

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2007, 03:48:21 PM »
de man might end  up with AIA, oh crab

this man happy with he life so why most ah we makin a big thing,

Village star, some ppl just meant to be that,

all de bess bro, hope u sober up and play hard cause marvin makin he name known again and once de ttfa decide to try him u know is later for u

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2007, 06:23:55 PM »

his names comes up because many believe that for all that he has accomplished much much more was expected, and much much more could have been achieved.
I figure as much and could understand it to a certain degree...but to say that he never fulfilled OUR expectations of him, and say he "is one of the most disappointing" TnT players is two different things.  Woulda been nice to see him do more professionally, for all his talents, but still...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2007, 07:03:25 PM »

Is kinda like Carl Hooper in cricket.  Hooper has very decent stats but given all the talent he has, people does call he shithong because they felt he should have done so much more.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2007, 07:07:00 PM »

Is kinda like Carl Hooper in cricket. Hooper has very decent stats but given all the talent he has, people does call he shithong because they felt he should have done so much more.
:o doh say that ,apples and oranges pally .Hooper even doh he was ah shit hound  ;D , made something odf himself .
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 07:08:41 PM by Quagmire »

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2007, 07:29:15 PM »

Is kinda like Carl Hooper in cricket. Hooper has very decent stats but given all the talent he has, people does call he shithong because they felt he should have done so much more.
:o doh say that ,apples and oranges pally .Hooper even doh he was ah shit hound  ;D , made something odf himself .
who is apples and oranges for you ?
Dwarika and Hooper or Hardest and Hooper ? cos ah think you miss part of the conversation...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2007, 07:35:43 PM »
Extremely loud Steups
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2007, 07:40:03 PM »

:o doh say that ,apples and oranges pally .Hooper even doh he was ah shit hound ;D , made something odf himself .
who is apples and oranges for you ?
Dwarika and Hooper or Hardest and Hooper ? cos ah think you miss part of the conversation...
Well I tought we talking hardest ,but really take your pick . Carl reached the pinnacle ;of World Cricket ,them boy eint do nothing close ,Carl Hooper is pure Class .

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jemmott sent packing by Superstar Rangers.
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2007, 03:10:43 PM »
Well T.I :thinking:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2007, 11:07:34 PM »
I take it these guys get $$$ for these tournaments. Is it possible players are engaging in these outside ventures because the compensation they recieve from their teams can't cut it? Does anyone know how widespread this is?

Players get paid yes.  But to be honest, I think is more a ball ho ting dan anyting else.

Latas for example would play a game in Arima in de mornin, when dat match done, go and play a game in Petit Valley in de afternoon, and den head to town to play a nex game in de night.  And I eh talkin premier league ting....is Village and Minor League football.  De Petit Vallley league was 7 a side, no offside, big field, and a goalie.

Is community based football and de players love it because of de vibes.  It truly is playing football for the sheer love of the game.  Yes, dey used to get pay....but many used to play for beers.

Of course, if you have a professional contract that prevents you from participating in such activity, you have to be disciplined enough to do that.  The professional clubs are quite right in their contractual demands.  Imagine paying someone to ply their services for your club and they go and get injured playing for someone else?

Hardest knew the risk he was taking.  And according to the report, is not the first time he transgress with this club.  He will land somewhere else because of his talent but it may end up being a case of the same ole same ole.  Pity.

Like was in dat or what pardner?

In the early 90's I used to play with a minor league team 2 times a week, UWI league once a week and fete match every Sunday.
Had a boss footballer Mathew Roberts was Superstar Rangers Captain used to play on the same minor league team, the UWI league, the John John league, Sunday morning football in the Savahnna and every fete match that was available. He get call for national training and ;D ;D complain that work (NFM) was the reason why he could not go training !!
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2007, 02:09:07 AM »
He get call for national training and ;D ;D complain that work (NFM) was the reason why he could not go training !!
the life of a fete match footballer "sweet too bad" to be on ah national team :devil:
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 04:14:06 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2007, 05:21:29 AM »
Well T.I :thinking:

Eh heh....TI.....weeeeeellllll......ah cyar wait to hear dis one..... ::)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2007, 10:54:11 AM »
It look like TI and all give up he eh come up with some spin yet
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline fatman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2007, 04:10:14 PM »
lets assume Hardest career is now over (which it is not), would he then be #1 on the list of wasted potential, or does Dwarika still hold that title?
Yuh cyar compare de two. Dwarika actually had a very good international career (69 caps and 27 goals), plus he won T&T Footballer of de Year 3 times, PFL Golden Boot, Caribbean Footballer of de Year, Gold Cup All-Star team etc.

Tallman while I understand where you coming from. I still think Dwarika has not fulfilled his potential due to discipline problems. Rene simoes once said dwarika should be playing for flamengo, the highest praise by a Brazilian. He has achieved but he has not fulfilled his potential he had a premiership career and a world cup in his hands, but did not want it badly enough.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 06:00:05 PM by Tallman »

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2007, 12:03:44 AM »

Dwarika still playing for Joe Public....not sure what his work ethic like these days but I don't see wh he can't work his way back onto the national team IF HE WANTED IT bad enough.  Wouldn't be easy but he eh that old nah and he has the ability.
I see him in the Round 3 Day 2 Action..00:35..hit a man a beat on the side line then send a long crossfield pass to another player who went on to score.
Some nice goals afterward.  I think even jemmot was involved in a Rangers goal afterward.  Ah well.

These Pro League highlights continue to impress me. Some nice finishing amongst the odd bad defending....I notice is always the team with plenty yellow in dey uniform doing mess in the back.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2007, 01:54:08 AM »

After Latapy, to me Dwarika is the best playmaker we have of this era.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2007, 07:01:50 AM »
Yes people disappointed for Jemmot but you must leave people alone and let them enjoy theyself and be happy.

People just vex because

a) They wish they had that kinda skill for theyself

b) Wish they had Jemmot opportunities

c) Want him play good for TT so "we" by extension could feel good

d) Want him do well so they could say that is my partner

e) and most importantly...we want to keep another youth on the straight and narrow and not be a burden on society.

Well guess what

He is a big man, has been given opportunity and has been talked to by Latapy, he team members, national coaches, foreign coaches, local coaches, the boys on the block and most importantly by TI.

Do not feel no how or judge hardest because none of us have walked in his shoes.

You cyar help nobody if they dont help themselves.

If the man is happy enjoying life then let us leave him alone.

Honestly when things are forced upon you, after a while you resent it and I am sure Hardest must be just fed up of people all his life telling him this is his only option and he have to do this and do that.

Let the man free up. Let the man ketch heself and let us move on.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2007, 07:09:09 AM »
lets assume Hardest career is now over (which it is not), would he then be #1 on the list of wasted potential, or does Dwarika still hold that title?
Yuh cyar compare de two. Dwarika actually had a very good international career (69 caps and 27 goals), plus he won T&T Footballer of de Year 3 times, PFL Golden Boot, Caribbean Footballer of de Year, Gold Cup All-Star team etc.

not to mention a house as winner of footballer of the year !!

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2007, 07:17:57 AM »

for me that title goes to Hutson Charles who also worked to win back the ball for the stars to shine. Go look at our first goal against the USA in the '74 campaign ..he scored some as well. He was a very good passer and had good vision.
dwarika for me was and is a destroyer. He upsets the equilibrium of the opponents. That was and is his main weapon...just let loose Dwarika and that is what he does naturally....setting up plays is a secondary asset as far as i see it.
..but getting back to hardest....... why are we so surprised ??? the surprise would have been if he seized this opportunity ! de man missed a world cup ...if he could not have been serious for dat why would he be now ?

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2007, 12:09:40 PM »

for me that title goes to Hutson Charles who also worked to win back the ball for the stars to shine. Go look at our first goal against the USA in the '74 campaign ..he scored some as well. He was a very good passer and had good vision.
dwarika for me was and is a destroyer. He upsets the equilibrium of the opponents. That was and is his main weapon...just let loose Dwarika and that is what he does naturally....setting up plays is a secondary asset as far as i see it.
..but getting back to hardest....... why are we so surprised ??? the surprise would have been if he seized this opportunity ! de man missed a world cup ...if he could not have been serious for dat why would he be now ?

Hutson eh dat old...mus' be the 90 campaign you talkin' bout....but yeah Hutson was the glue.

Good point about Hardest...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2007, 12:12:17 PM »
The real surprise is that TI eh post yet.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2007, 06:04:03 PM »
any footage of this passa passa football available??

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2007, 06:28:12 PM »
The real surprise is that TI eh post yet.

I was just thinking the same thing......TI, we waiting on the inside scoop
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2007, 06:34:48 PM »
what else yah want de man when and play small goal get injured then got fired
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2007, 09:53:28 AM »
Now that he free to go on trials I hope we hear a lot more about that.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2007, 10:02:45 AM »
small ting..... owners/managers in tt does block players bc they let greed get 2 dem when they see a talented individual, really and truly hardest was suppose to leave trinidad 5 months or more ago but he get block from trials by fACKERY, he had an agent come to him for trials in france, belgium, holland and sweden, FACKERY BLOCK DE AGENT oui, saying he waiting for an english contract that never came after the gold cup, bc FACKERY WANT more money, not studying the players situation and the opportunities that presented itself, FACKERY want to be fenwick and handle hardest contracts when ouside agents wanted to take hardest out long time for bigger money but FACKERY GREEDY AND HARDEN... allyuh want tuh hear de truth, hear it live nah... the teams that wanted hardest was no joke teams, not to mention two mls teams in the US, FACKERY wouldnt allow the agent to take hardest on trials while he was with rangers, he block that bc he himself wanted to send hardest on trials but of course the only trial that ever happen was thru fenwick was hungary, which wasnt a big name team like what hardest was offered perviously....

so when ah hear man saying this and man saying that, at de end of the day man have tuh eat a food, small ting he play and win some coin in a lil tournament, so what.... now that hardest release he can actually go on trials with intl teams without gettin block like what happen for the last how long...

God is de BOSS.....

so dah is it?!!!... FACKERY and man have tuh eat is all yuh have tuh say? So basically yuh saying Hardest eh wrong for having a contract with a professional team in Trinidad and Tobago and den going and take a sweat in ah small goal competition? Further yet....after getting pullup by management about past indiscretions....yuh doh have a problem with it? However, yuh tink he could still get a contract outside by some decent side even doh he get fackin drop from his Tnt professional side for playing in an unauthorised league tournament.....yuh still tink is small ting RIGHT!....if is still small ting den you eh no fren ahtall.

1]; } ?>