April 20, 2024, 02:58:00 AM

Who would make the best combination up-front vs GUA.

Stern John & Nigel Pierre
4 (12.9%)
Kenwyne Jones & Stern John
12 (38.7%)
Stern John & Hector Sam
7 (22.6%)
Stern John & Dwight Yorke
2 (6.5%)
Kenwyne Jones & Dwight Yorke
4 (12.9%)
Kenwyne Jones & Hector Sam
1 (3.2%)
Kenwyne Jones & Nigel Pierre
1 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: TRI vs GUA game thread here !!  (Read 10583 times)

TRI vs GUA game thread here !!
« on: March 25, 2005, 06:26:14 AM »
Fellaz, if you are going to give updates on the game tomorrow, please use this thread "only" so the message board wouldn't look too scrappy.

Thanx....  ;)

Saturday's WCQ games:

North, Central American and Caribbean Zone:
20:00  Guatemala  -  Trinidad and Tobago
18:00  Costa Rica  -  Panama

African Zone:
19:15  Tunisia  -  Malawi
19:30  Morocco  -  Guinea
15:00  Zambia  -  Congo
19:00  Nigeria  -  Gabon
18:00  Burkina Faso  -  Cape Verde Islands
15:45  South Africa  -  Uganda
16:00  Kenya  -  Botswana
16:30  Senegal  -  Liberia

European Zone:
20:00  Turkey  -  Albania
20:00  Romania  -  Netherlands
20:00  Denmark  -  Kazakhstan
19:50  Israel  -  Ireland Republic
20:15  Belgium  -  Bosnia-Herzegovina
20:45  Italy  -  Scotland
20:30  Georgia  -  Greece
21:00  France  -  Switzerland
17:30  Bulgaria  -  Sweden
18:00  Armenia  -  Andorra
15:00  Wales  -  Austria
15:00  England  -  Northern Ireland
17:00  Czech Republic  -  Finland
17:00  Liechtenstein  -  Russia
18:00  Croatia  -  Iceland
18:00  Estonia  -  Slovakia
18:00  Poland  -  Azerbaijan

South American Zone:
22:00  Chile  -  Uruguay
16:00  Bolivia  -  Argentina
19:00  Venezuela  -  Colombia

Sunday's WCQ games:

African Zone:
19:00  Algeria  -  Rwanda
20:00  Egypt  -  Libya
15:00  Zimbabwe  -  Angola
18:00  Mali  -  Togo
16:00  Cote d'Ivoire  -  Benin
15:30  Cameroon  -  Sudan
15:30  Congo DR  -  Ghana

North, Central American and Caribbean Zone:
12:07  Mexico  -  USA

South American Zone:
16:00  Ecuador  -  Paraguay
16:00  Brazil  -  Peru

CONCACAF STANDINGS.

Trinidad & Tobago Team:

Goalkeepers:
Shaka Hislop (Portsmouth), Clayton Ince (Crewe Alexandra).

Defenders:
David Atiba Charles (W Connection), Anton Pierre (Defence Force), Keyeno Thomas (San Juan Jabloteh), Brent Sancho (Dundee), Dennis Lawrence (Wrexham), Marlon Rojas (Real Salt Lake), Nigel Henry (Charleston Battery).

Midfielders:
Silvio Spann (Yokohama FC), Angus Eve (San Juan Jabloteh), Dwight Yorke (Birmingham City), Leslie Fitzpatrick (Alanta Silverbacks), Kenwyne Jones (Stoke City), Carlos Edwards (Wrexham).

Forwards:
Stern John (Coventry City), Nigel Pierre (San Juan Jabloteh), Hector Sam (Wrexham).

Guatemala Team From:

Goalkeepers:
Miguel Klee (Coban), Paulo Motta (Municipal), Ricardo Trigueño (Suchitepequez).

Defenders:
Angel Sanabria (Coban), Nelson Morales (Coban), Denis Chen (Coban), Gustavo Cabrera (Comunicaciones), Nestor Martinez (Comunicaciones), Carlos Quiñonez (Comunicaciones), Pablo Melgar (Municipal).

Midfielders:
Mynor Davila (Aurora), Fredy Thompson (Comunicaciones), Gonzalo Romero (Municipal), Carlos Figueroa (Municipal), Carlos Castillo (Xelaju), Guillermo Ramirez (LA Galaxy).

Forwards:
Dwight Pezzarossi (Comunicaciones), Hernan Sandoval (Comunicaciones) Juan Carlos Plata (Municipal), Carlos Ruiz (LA Galaxy).

Live Updates.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2005, 11:17:48 AM by Flex »

but flex
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2005, 07:18:49 AM »
it might be better to use the old board, u could see updates faster, here u might have to click in all the time...just my thought.

Or go to the damn chat forum??

HOW can we listen to this game on the Net ?? .... Any info?

« Last Edit: March 25, 2005, 07:47:05 AM by Flex »

Re: TRI vs GUA game thread here !!
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2005, 07:30:11 AM »
Or go to the damn chat forum??

The Chat Room is also a great option.... which ever allyuh cool with.

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2005, 07:59:59 AM »
Sounds good Flex. And de chat Room is a good deal to..

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2005, 09:24:37 AM »
Flex,

Take out Stern in that poll...........he need a good bench in he arse. All that shit he playing for Coventry and T+T.

Put Kenwyn and Sam up front. Speed and Size not them setta Slow and Slower combo.

Offline santacruz

• This year is the Dutch year!
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2005, 10:11:13 AM »
which radio station bringing the game live on the net?i suspect 105fm,please confirm.Thanks.
Fatima old boy graduate in '95 from Form 5, '97 from Form 6, lived in Santa Cruz.

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2005, 10:29:48 AM »
I say use the old board for game updates. The chat room too.

Offline TriniFootballFan

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2005, 10:39:36 AM »
Eve or Sam should start up front with Stern. Need a nippy fwd up there. We need an iron man like Jones in midfield. He linked well with Yorke for the last 20 of the US game.

Flex,

Take out Stern in that poll...........he need a good bench in he arse. All that shit he playing for Coventry and T+T.

Put Kenwyn and Sam up front. Speed and Size not them setta Slow and Slower combo.

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2005, 12:15:40 PM »

Flex, thanks for the orderly presentation of the info ....  Good job.

Fellaz, live results is usually available from
http://www.livescore.com

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2005, 12:43:38 PM »
Eve or Sam should start up front with Stern. Need a nippy fwd up there. We need an iron man like Jones in midfield. He linked well with Yorke for the last 20 of the US game.

Agreed.  I would have prefered Sealy to start but I guess Costa Rica was too far from Guatemala for him to fly there and join the squad.  I find Jones is too inexperienced as a striker at this level.  look how easy the US contained him and forced him offside so many times.  Can you remember him having any good chances on goal?  He looked much better in Edwards place on the right in the 2nd half.  I say go back to that formation again and Edwards could bench for now.  If we need goals in the 2nd half Jones could joint the attack and Edwards can come on then.

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2005, 01:08:43 PM »
which radio station bringing the game live on the net?i suspect 105fm,please confirm.Thanks.

I visited the TTFF office yesterday and bad news, there will be NO live coverage of the game in T&T on TV OR radio!!! I will post more on this later, after work.

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2005, 01:54:39 PM »
As FF say.....we JOKEY.

And yet people does be sayin we somehow DESERVE to go World Cup yet here we are in WC Qualifying and cyah get radio or TV coverage.

I change meh stance.  We have EXACTLY the right coach, technical staff and administration we deserve because we JOKEY!  Leff Bertille right dey....all a dem is de rightest people fuh de wuk.

Maxg also have a point....no matter BSC technical shortcomings...and they are plentiful....at least he willin to be in de HOT SEAT.  Respeck due fuh dat because plenty a dem who does be bumpin dey gum doh have de BALLS to be in dah seat.

I only feel sorry for the players....they are the one's who DESERVE better.

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2005, 03:14:23 PM »
I find Jones is too inexperienced as a striker at this level.  look how easy the US contained him and forced him offside so many times.

I hear people say Jones was getting call offside plenty in the US game but to me it was Stern who was offside alll the time.
They don't look alike but then again it was the Oval with piss poor seating and I couldn't see as good in the 2nd half.

I think Stern was/is the offside king for that match.  Who see it properly on TV?

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2005, 03:18:12 PM »
I find Jones is too inexperienced as a striker at this level.  look how easy the US contained him and forced him offside so many times.

I hear people say Jones was getting call offside plenty in the US game but to me it was Stern who was offside alll the time.
They don't look alike but then again it was the Oval with piss poor seating and I couldn't see as good in the 2nd half.

I think Stern was/is the offside king for that match.  Who see it properly on TV?

I was in the oval and I fine it was Stern offside right through

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2005, 03:43:09 PM »

I visited the TTFF office yesterday and bad news, there will be NO live coverage of the game in T&T on TV OR radio!!! I will post more on this later, after work.

what a damn joke huh? this is incredible in this day and age. who is the marketing/promo man for ttff doing?what a joke, and then some men on this site going to say how it costs too much to broadcast. how many other countries would die to broadcast a radio signal of the game if their country was playing

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2005, 04:25:45 PM »

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2005, 09:54:40 PM »
nice pics

Guatemalan Radio Station
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2005, 10:01:45 PM »

Fellas,

If yuh know any spanish start clicking on these links and try and find the game.

All we need to hear is GOALLLLLLAAAAASSOOOO, followed by a Trini player name and deafening silence.

Once we hear that then things good!

I think the game coming direct on this station La RED Deportiva

http://www.lared.com.gt/lared/default.asp

As it have poll of the result and news, plus I listened to the 4 goal cutarse we get last rounds on this station.

If that ent work check out the Alyuh check out the rest. We must find the game here.

http://www.tvradioworld.com/region1/gtm/Radio_TV_On_Internet.asp

http://www.surfmusic.de/guatem.htm

http://www.multilingualbooks.com/online-radio-spanish.html

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2005, 03:50:39 AM »
Boss wok Touches.....

What time we meeting up in de chat room...

Allyuh bring some beers, I go walk de oman and them...

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2005, 07:05:18 AM »
I real confused by those times. Are they different time zones for each federation.

Basically I need to know whet time the game is? Is it 3.00 pm or 8.00 pm?

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2005, 10:03:25 AM »
Sam walkin wit he hand in de chat room fellas.  Watch allyuh self... ;D ;D

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2005, 01:12:20 PM »
lets go for a win warriors

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2005, 01:17:27 PM »
Agreed.  I would have prefered Sealy to start but I guess Costa Rica was too far from Guatemala for him to fly there and join the squad.

by arrow

Dey eh dat far apart otherwise Guatemala would be in de South American zone, ent?

Re: Trinidad link for the game
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2005, 02:06:58 PM »
When I was home for Ash Wed, the papers had an ad from 105 showing their schedule for the year, they ADVERTISE THAT THEY WOULD BE BRINGING EVERY SINGLE WCQ GAME THIS YEAR, PLUS SOME FRIENDLIES.

I am sure 105 Tempo will have the game this evening.
Homeviewtnt, allyuh men, pay allyuh money!

Fellas,

If yuh know any spanish start clicking on these links and try and find the game.

All we need to hear is GOALLLLLLAAAAASSOOOO, followed by a Trini player name and deafening silence.

As it have poll of the result and news, plus I listened to the 4 goal cutarse we get last rounds on this station.

If that ent work check out the Alyuh check out the rest. We must find the game here.

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2005, 02:09:35 PM »
Yeah sorry Savannah I was actually being sarcastic with that comment.  They are practically neighbors so can't be more than an hour flight unless there is nothing direct.  I'm starting to think though maybe Sealy did link up with the T&T squad since the entire KC squad and reserves played last night and he wasn't there.

TULSA, Okla. - The Kansas City Wizardsef throttled expansion team Real Salt Lake 4-1 in their final exhibition match of the preseason in Tulsa, Oklahoma Friday night. Following a scoreless first half and allowing Salt Lake to take the lead early in the second half, the Wizards responded with four unanswered goals in an explosive display of offense in the second half. They would finish the match outshooting their opponent 17-6.
The match served as the final tune-up for the Wizards before they open the 2005 MLS regular season next weekend. The Wizards will host the Colorado Rapids at Arrowhead Stadium on Saturday, April 2nd at 7:00 p.m. CT.

The Wizards completely outplayed Salt Lake in the opening period, out-shooting them 10-1, including three great chances, but could not manage to break the scoreless tie. In the 24th minute, Jose Burciaga lined a left-footed freekick through the Real Sal Lake wall that forced goalkeeper D.J. Countess to make a reaction punch at the ball sending it quivering high in the air and allowing a Salt Lake defender time to position himself to clear the ball over the endline.

Five minutes later Davy Arnaud made a slashing run into the box losing his defender in the process, but rushed his shot and sent the ball pounding into the crossbar and back into play. In the dying minutes of the first half, Chris Klein would make a nice run to the top of the box on the right side. He paused for a second and then unleashed a wicked shot from 20 yards out that again forced Countess to make a desperate leaping stab at the ball and deflecting it high over the crossbar.

Kansas City continued their torrid pace in the second half, controlling the speed of play and pushing deep into the RSL defensive third. In the 54th minute Davy Arnaud, with his back to the goal, laid a soft pass out to the left flank that Jose Burciaga sprinted on to in full stride. He held off two defenders as he moved diagonally into the box before taking a low, hard shot from a tight angle just ten yards out. But Countess was able to get down in time and deflect the ball over the endline.

Salt Lake would shatter the Wizards momentum in the 56th minute when a rare charge into the Wizards end allowed midfielder Luke Kreamalmeyer to get off a low, curling ball into the box from the right side. Defender Rusty Pierce, positioned at the far post, got a head on the ball and sent a lofting shot across the mouth of the goal that was too high for Ohsoniyi's outstretched hands, and skimmed just under the crossbar, settled into the back of the goal.

After surrendering their upper hand on the match for a short spell, the Wizards would regain momentum and their work effort would pay off. In the 70th minute Chris Klein sent a cross into the box that deflected off the near post and settled at the feet of several RSL and Wizards players just yards from the goalline. Diego Gutierrez emerged from the pack to poke the ball over the endline to even the score at one goal apiece.

Klein would help give the Wizards the lead just two minutes later after sending a brilliant ball forward over the RSL back line. A Salt Lake defender managed to get a head on the ball before it came to ground, but Jewsbury was there on the left to scoop up the ball, take two touches and rifle a shot past D.J. Countess and into the far netting.

Jewsbury and Klein again combined for the Wizards third goal in the 84th minute, this time on a textbook, two-on-one breakaway. Jewsbury charged towards goal down the left side with Klein to his right and Matt Behncke, the lone defender, struggling to decide which player to cover. Behncke chose to attack the ball with no help in sight, allowing Jewsbury to unselfishly lay a ball to Klein inside the box rather than take a shot. With Countess cheating to his right anticipating Jewsbury's shot, Klein tapped an uncontested shot across the goalline for the score.

Kansas City scored once more before the close of the match on a header from Davy Arnaud. The play started with a freekick on the right edge of the box following a whistle on goalkeeper D.J. Countess who handled the ball outside the box. Diego Gutierrez sent a well-placed, left-footed freekick into the area that Arnaud easily got a head on and redirected inside the near post.

The Wizards finished out their final preseason match of the year with a 4-1 win. They outscored Real Salt Lake 17-6, including 10-1 on goal.

The Wizards will kickoff the 2005 MLS regular season on Saturday, April 2nd when they host the Colorado Rapids at Arrowhead Stadium, with kickoff at 7:00 p.m. CT. Tickets are available to the home opener through Ticketmaster by calling 816-931-3330 or online at www.ticketmaster.com.

The reigning Western Conference Champion Wizards begin a new era in 2005 as they move to and compete in the Eastern Conference for the first time. The Wizards join the Chicago Fire, Columbus Crew, D.C. United, the MetroStars and New England Revolution in Eastern Conference, while the two expansion teams, CD Chivas USA and Real Salt Lake, join the Western Conference.

Scoring Summary:
RSL- Rusty Pierce (Luke Kreamalmeyer) 56'
KC- Diego Gutierrez (Chris Klein) 70'
KC- Jack Jewsbury (Chris Klein) 72'
KC- Chris Klein (Jack Jewsbury) 84'
KC- Davy Arnaud (Diego Gutierrez) 89'

Kansas City Wizards Lineup (4-4-2):
Bo Oshoniyi-GK; Sasha Victorine, Jimmy Conrad, Nick Garcia, Jose Luis Burciaga Jr.; Chris Klein, Alex Zotinca, Diego Gutierrez, Jack Jewsbury (Brian Roberts- ; Davy Arnaud, Diego Walsh (Preki-63')

Real Salt Lake Lineup (4-4-2):
D.J. Countess-GK; Nelson Akwari, Matt Behncke, Eddie Pope (Jordan Cila-78'), Rusty Pierce; Brian Kamler (Leighton O'Brien- 61'), Luke Kreamalmeyer, Andy Williams, Chris Brown; Jason Kreis, Clint Mathis (Brian Dunseth-46')

WIZARDS RESERVES FALL TO UNIVERSITY OF TULSA 3-2 IN OPENER

The Kansas City Wizards reserves faced the University of Tulsa in the first game of Friday's doubleheader, and suffered a 3-2 setback. Despite playing with several guest players, the Wizards reserves had the Wizards coaching staff encouraged with the performance of several young players.

The Wizards reserves would get on the board early as Jake Bleyenberg stole the ball from a defender in the 3rd minute just inside the top of the box, then droving a shot past the goalkeeper from the left side to give the Wizards the early lead.

Tulsa would then gain the upper hand scoring three goals within a 19-minute span in the first half with forward Kyle Brown scoring twice and registering an assist on Tulsa's second goal.

Kansas City would pull within a goal early in the second half as forward Justin Detter challenged the Tulsa goalkeeper in a one-on-one outside the top of the box. The goalkeeper came off his line and Detter faked a shot sending the 'keeper cowering to the ground and Detter was able to easily sidestep him and softly place a shot across the goalline. Detter was impressive all evening as he played in his first competative match since undergoing two offseason surgeries on his adductor & abdominal muscles. He had been sidelined all preseason and had just been cleared to play by team doctors earlier in the week.

Another impressive player for the Wizards was forward Ryan Pore, playing in front of his alma mater for the first time since being drafted by the Wizards in the 2005 MLS SuperDraft. Pore was a standout forward for the Golden Hurricane and led the nation in scoring as a junior last year. He was the 16th overall pick by the Wizards in January's draft and looks add depth to the Wizards attack in 2005.

Scoring Summary:
KC- Jake Bleyenberg (Unassisted) 3'
UT- Kyle Brown (James Dabney) 10'
UT- Joseph Wear (Kyle Brown) 12'
UT- Kyle Brown (Eric Burkholder) 28'
KC- Justin Detter (Jake Bleyenberg) 55'

Kansas City Wizards Reserves Lineup (4-4-2):
William Hesmer-GK; Michael Haynes, Shavar Thomas (Dustin Branan-46'), Brian Bliss, Scott Kincaid; Josh Duffy, Doug Lascody, Khari Stephenson (Brian Roberts-46'), Jake Bleyenberg; Justin Detter, Ryan Pore

University of Tulsa Lineup (4-4-2):
Dominic Cervi-GK; Justin Moreland, Kevin White, Joseph Wear, James Dabney; Eric Burkholder, Matt Wiley, Lawson Vaughn, Matt Thomas; Kyle Brown, Todd Goddard (Substitutions not available)

Guatemala, Trinidad&Tobago face off
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2005, 02:14:07 PM »
By Fernando Ruiz / Special to MLSnet.com 

The chance for the Guatemala national team to claim their first points in the final round of CONCACAF qualifying for the 2006 FIFA World Cup will be led by a pair of Los Angeles Galaxy attackers, Carlos Ruiz and Guillermo Ramirez, as they play host to Trinidad & Tobago on Sunday.
Winning at home is more than a necessity for the Guatemalan side, who after a scoreless draw against Panama in the opening match of the round need the full three points to stay in contact with the leaders in the table, Mexico and the USA, who will face one another on Sunday at the Estadio Azteca.

"For us, we absolutely can't lose as the home team, a very difficult rival is ahead of us who has to recover from the loss they suffered at home in the first match," said Ruiz, who has recovered from a number of muscular ailments and will likely be a starter in the team Ramón Maradiaga sends out to face the "Soca Warriors".
"The result of the game is more important than a lot of people think, because by winning against Trinidad we can face the next game (against the United States in Birmingham, Ala.) with a lot of motivation and confidence that we'll be in one of the top positions after the first three dates of the hexagonal," Ramirez said, who will again lead the Guatemalan team out as captain.

In the match set for the Estadio Mateo Flores in the Guatemalan capital, recent Columbus Crew signing Mario Rodríguez will not be available because of yellow card accumulation. His place in the team will be taken by CSD Municipal midfielder Carlos Figueroa.

In addition to facing English Premier League talents such as Shaka Hislop and Dwight Yorke in the T&T squad, Ruiz and Ramirez will see MLS opponents across the way, such as Cornell Glen (FC Dallas), Marlon Rojas (Real Salt Lake) and Scott Sealy (Kansas City Wizards).

Fernando Ruiz is sports editor of Al Día newspaper in Guatemala.

Re: Guatemalan Radio Station
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2005, 05:36:21 PM »

Fellas,

Good Job touches!!! I'll check them out. THANX!!!

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2005, 06:53:32 PM »
I in the chat but nobody here,

I listenin on the spanish station as 105 playing calypso

Costa rica have panama one nil