April 28, 2024, 01:22:29 PM

Author Topic: Carrington says Coaches and Trainers need to step up  (Read 3153 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Carrington says Coaches and Trainers need to step up
« on: September 01, 2007, 05:15:08 AM »
Source: Trinidad Guardian

National Under 15 head coach Reynold Carrington is hoping for a better alliance involving all stakeholders responsible for the development of footballers at the youth level in Trinidad and Tobago.

Speaking after T&T defeated Guyana 5-0 to secure the bronze medals in the Caribbean Football Union Under 15 Youth Cup Tournament at the Marvin Lee Stadium on Thursday, the former national team captain described his first coaching tenure with a national team as a valuable learning experience.

“I welcomed the experience as it opened up a different aspect of coaching at this level for me. We did well against the CFU teams, but again going up against El Salvador we saw that we have much work to do before we play aganst those kinds of teams...” Carrington said.

T&T won five of its six matches in this year’s tournament, scoring 27 goals and conceding five goals against the likes of Aruba, Bahamas, Guyana, Bermuda, US Virgin Islands and El Salvador to which it lost its lone encounter in the semi-finals.

Carrington said: “When we play against El salvador, the pace was quicker, they were also stronger and faster to the ball. We have a lot of work to do in all aspects, physically and tactically as well. This is where in our development we need to take more responsibility as coaches and trainers to do what is necessary to get the players up to that level of readiness.”

Same ole Same ole.....at EVERY LEVEL of our football.  We play too slowly, we're not strong enough to match our opponents, they seem to want the ball more and tactically we're naive in relation to them.  Is not now this happenin.  Hopefully one of these days, these "revelations" will be heeded with action.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline kaiser

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Carrington says Coaches and Trainers need to step up
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 06:01:28 AM »
carrington days as t&t coach numbered

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 05:17:23 PM »
Same script different play
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 05:33:32 PM »
I totally agree with Carrington,what he said here is exactly what every Coach that participate in tournaments with foreign teams come back and say,the thing is what are we doing about it,nothing changes and we will be going to more tournaments to same way.I thought i read some time ago where they have some Dutch plan being implimented,any thing on how that going?

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 08:25:55 AM »
Everyone knows this except the TTFF....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 08:45:26 AM »
I totally agree with Carrington,what he said here is exactly what every Coach that participate in tournaments with foreign teams come back and say,the thing is what are we doing about it,nothing changes and we will be going to more tournaments to same way.I thought i read some time ago where they have some Dutch plan being implimented,any thing on how that going?

Coops as you and I know it is the same thing all over yet the foolish ones quick to call for the removal of the coach etc etc... and some on here self named "coach" seems to have all the answers..Let's take the two, TTFF adminstration and this "coach" and have them come up with a solution. After all what do we truly know?

What ya think?

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2007, 09:41:36 AM »

Coops we will argue this till blood rush to we head & we get headache. Coaches only improve by coaching in the most competitive environments (just like players) The solution is to make the youth football as competitive as possible, week in week out. This way players test themselves week in week out and coaches the same.

Since people calling for solutions "how about this" for free  ;D

As a pilot project  make youth football (at two age groups) Regional . That is bring back North vs South, East vs West etc.

Now select two squads from North, two from East (if possible), two from South etc etc. Tobago have one team & Central one team. Making it a 10 team league.

The potentially best coaches run these Regional Teams.
Give them a pre-season of 4-6 weeks.
Play the games every Saturday. This way coaches have time to train, prepare for opposition etc.
Run the league home and away.
Evaluate the results (based on quality of football, quality of coaching etc)
At the end of the season select two teams from the best on view. Select two coaches. Give the coaches a camp for 10 days to pepare.
Promote and play a home & away game, maybe before a major game the Pro League

maybe they tried this already, but at least if they have not it may develop into something.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2007, 09:48:23 AM »
Coops we will argue this till blood rush to we head & we get headache. Coaches only improve by coaching in the most competitive environments (just like players) The solution is to make the youth football as competitive as possible, week in week out. This way players test themselves week in week out and coaches the same.

Since people calling for solutions "how about this" for free ;D

As a pilot project make youth football (at two age groups) Regional . That is bring back North vs South, East vs West etc.

Now select two squads from North, two from East (if possible), two from South etc etc. Tobago have one team & Central one team. Making it a 10 team league.

Play the games every Saturday. This way coaches have time to train, prepare for opposition etc.
At the end of the season select two teams from the best on view. Select two coaches. Give the coaches a camp for 10 days to pepare.

maybe they tried this already, but at least if they have not it may develop into something.

But wait, I taught we currently have a pro league and youth league with 99% local coaches for all this ? .... :D to much community football league is not so good.....

And we also have the super league..... we to small as a country and cannot bite more than we can chew....

Pool all we focus and resources into the super league, SSFL, pro and youth league.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 05:02:32 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2007, 09:51:17 AM »

Coops as you and I know it is the same thing all over yet the foolish ones quick to call for the removal of the coach etc etc... and some on here self named "coach" seems to have all the answers..Let's take the two, TTFF adminstration and this "coach" and have them come up with a solution. After all what do we truly know?

What ya think?
        My thoughts are is only when you have the responsibility,in the drivers seat,played the game at a high level like Carrington,coached at that level and experience it yourself,can you have a better understanding of what needs to be done,all ideas are good but is what will work for us is the problem.I don't think removing Coaches has ever solved our problems,instead of taking our Coaches and sending them abroad to work with foreign clubs like our players do we drop them like hot potatoes.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2007, 10:05:28 AM »

As a pilot project  make youth football (at two age groups) Regional . That is bring back North vs South, East vs West etc.

Only see one problem Observer...the other football clubs, from Pro to Super, won't get the feeder system they desperately require to survive, (not considering migration and foeign schols), and many of these youths anxious to become a "pro" to get ah lil something, not realizing they have a greater potential to achieve more.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2007, 10:07:44 AM »

:applause: :applause: :applause:They really say Soccer minds think alike,when i look at our Football these are always things that run through my mind,it's one of the best ideas for our Youth Football,in this way the whole country is involved at the same time,every player/Coach have an opportunity to showcase themselves,this is an idea that can work if implimented,i like this.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2007, 11:12:06 AM »

:applause: :applause: :applause:They really say Soccer minds think alike,when i look at our Football these are always things that run through my mind,it's one of the best ideas for our Youth Football,in this way the whole country is involved at the same time,every player/Coach have an opportunity to showcase themselves,this is an idea that can work if implimented,i like this.
But what about external/international exposure? Yuh could only get so good by playing against yuhself?
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2007, 11:50:17 AM »
I understand what Sam's concerns are, but right now it is diluted. Too many teams, too many players spread out = not enough true  competition.

The International games are very important, but that comes after total screening. The concerns right now is how to create competition within T&T.

Yes the Clubs are equally important. So maybe this can be done in the off season. or even run it like a Tournament with two groups of five. I don't have all the answers & i am only encouraging discussion.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

1]; } ?>