April 29, 2024, 08:00:23 PM

Author Topic: Jabloteh Head Coach!!  (Read 5086 times)

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Jabloteh Head Coach!!
« on: September 04, 2007, 10:47:54 AM »
I would like to get some feedback on something I have observed since visiting this site.  Jabloeath Head Coach has been coaching at the professional level for while in Trinidad & Tobago and is arguably one of the most successful coaches at that level.  He has provides an extraordinary number of players to our national team, which suggest whatever development process they have in place is working.  In addition he has created opportunites for a respectable numbers of players to try-out and or play in Europe, which one can argue helps our national team ultimately.  That is a brief overview of my understanding of what Terry is doing in Trinidad, if I am wrong please correct me.  But the main question here is this, everytime the coaches name comes up, there is a negative response to him, can anyone specifically say why the mention of his name attracts such negative feedback?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 02:01:07 PM by Flex »

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
Re: Jabloeth Head Coach!!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 10:58:59 AM »
I think Terry is the most professional coach in T&T. He dose not allowed to be bullied by the TTFF and their lack of communication and professionalism. He also have a team with 99% local players, he has been successful in parts, I think he has only won one league title or maybe two. On my part I do not see a problem with him.

He have also exported many of our players abroad and have good contacts in Europe. And he is currently using a young team in the pro league so imagine next season how good they will become. While players like Whitley, Ian Gray and Cyd to name a few not sure to start.

W Connection on the other hand is just about the money.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 11:11:41 AM »
Thats a "BIG F#CKING QUESTION" Dimbars...i tried to bring it up a few times....some people here wll be ashamed to give you the answer....go on forum...

because when W Connection and Stweart Charles and John Williams does it , its always a different thing...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 11:21:21 AM »
First thing First

Jabloteh Buys the best local players in Trinidad
It is not like Terry is taking unknow men training them and making them great.

He has done a good job of taking his squad and making them competitive every year to challenge for a top spot in the league.
Which is what he is being paid to do.

However I would say based on their squad and the quality of the league he has no choice to be in the Top 3 every year.

When Jabloteh and W connection start competing at the concacaf club championship against the Mexican and MLS teams then we can say they are improving.

Right about now they have nothing to compare to because the lower level teams in the PFL are not consistiently improving every year to use as a gage

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 11:25:12 AM »
Thanks for the responses so far ... but I would like for people to make specific about what has he done to make him such a decisive figure in Trinidad? 

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 11:36:41 AM »

First thing First

He has done a good job of taking his squad and making them competitive every year to challenge for a top spot in the league.

However I would say based on their squad and the quality of the league he has no choice to be in the Top 3 every year.

When Jabloteh and W connection start competing at the concacaf club championship against the Mexican and MLS teams then we can say they are improving.

Right about now they have nothing to compare to because the lower level teams in the PFL are not consistiently improving every year to use as a gage
         Well said KND2,Ron Laforest and all those past Coaches that Jabloteh had used to be just as successfull as Fenwick,i think a Coach with the cream of the crop players that he has should be doing better.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2007, 11:50:04 AM »
Fenwick is a proven coaching failure everywhere else but Jabloteh and that cannot be ignored if you are talking about giving the National coaching job.

At Jabloteh he is a big fish in a  small pond, on every other level he has failed.

Maybe if we could see him taking Jabloteh and beating non PFL opposition, say in the Champions Cup tournament you might say that he coudl raise th elevel of our players, because that is what a national coach has to do if he is to compete in Concacaf.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2007, 11:50:51 AM »
one of the things that gonna stick to him throughout his career in TT in my opinion is gonna be the game vs W Connection when he threw the elbow at Goulart i think it was....he shouldnt be coachin again after that....the fine was jokey

he a seirous coach ..but an asshole at the same time

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2007, 01:02:06 PM »
The question is what has he done to deserve this constant attack and name calling?  There is no hidden agenda here, and so afr no one is addressing that.  Other than the elbow incident what else?  People committ murder and is allowed to live in society free of this abuse.  I would like to understnd so that maybe I can dislike him to ... I am not saying that I like him, bust I am looking for evidence.

Coops, I understand your response, but it still does not address the core issue.  I am noy trying to have a conversation about Trini coaches versus foreign/English coaches.  HELP

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2007, 01:22:47 PM »
First thing First

KND, sometimes you surprise me with the amount of shit you talk...

Jabloteh didnot buy the best players in T&T or at least not all the time. Current players like Elton John, Whitley, Peltier, Hyland, Francois, Guerra, Murray, Williams, Noel, Glen, Primus, Daniel, Ian Gray, Joseph, Marcano etc etc, all came up through the ranks of Jabloteh youth system and was not purchase from other clubs.

The only current players Jabloteh purchase this season is Antiguan Peter Byers and T&T's Cleon John, how the hell you saying they buy the best players in T&T ?

They also have youths like Stephen Knox, Terryl Elwin, Glenroy Samuel, Jerrel Britto, Micah Lewis, Daniel Joseph and Sheldon Bateau, let me guess they bought these players from other clubs, right ? sooner or later they will be on the Jabloteh senior team. If the other clubs dont want to invest in the youths dont blame Jabloteh for that...

Sean Powers, Josh Johnson, Devon Bristol, Lee Haynes, Anthony Thompson, Michael Celestine, Kerry Baptiste, Devon Mitchell, Hector Sam and Jerol Forbes also came from Jabloteh system..

They groom young players to be the best...... thats the difference....

KND, can you name the best players in T&T that Jabloteh bought ?

I see nothing wrong with Fenwick, but I hope he really have T&T at heart and at times lighten up when it comes to country.....

Is Wesley Webb still on Jabloteh staff ?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 08:13:14 AM by Flex »

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2007, 01:55:02 PM »
Diambars let me be honest here, is jealousy to a big extent.

Locals dont like him because he is a foreigner taking up a space that one of "we own" coulda get.

2) He coaching a big side and is paid well....He driving X5, who else driving that.

3) He does try to campaign for the National team wuk in a smart man way, but at the same time he does frig up the TTFF...interviews,tv commentry etc.

4) He have links that other local coaches dont have abroad...thus the contract opportunities.

5) He and the TTFF ent no friend...so once you not down with Jack and he boys you in for a rough time.

6) The elbow he hit the W-connection player was not professional atall and completely unwarranted. If yuh had no beef with him, that action alone could cause you to not like him.

But I ent see the problem with Terry.. I wasnt aware people ent like him...maybe the ttff doesnt but the public by and large ent have he to study.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jabloteh Head Coach!!
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2007, 03:00:22 PM »
As much as we luv TNT the fact that he coach CL Financial mean he cyah get a wuk no whwere else. The man is a thug as see with d elbow
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2007, 03:49:53 PM »
As much as we luv TNT the fact that he coach CL Financial mean he cyah get a wuk no whwere else. The man is a thug as see with d elbow

No one would agree with the elbow ... but answers such this make us like we do not have any substance as a people.  The question is what has he done, besides the elbow incident of course??

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2007, 03:59:45 PM »
To me he comes across as arrogant at times in the way he speaks to the press..

While it is great he has a lot of contacts out there and he tries to get deals for our players....TO ME it seems on most occassions he does not have the player's best interest at heart but his own agendas....

In addition, while we all understand the way the TTFF does acts sometimes is unprofessional to say the least, we still want what is best for our players and youths, so by keeping them away from attending national training sessions and tournaments will not only NOT stand well with the TTFF but me and some other folks on the board....
Warrior For Life !!

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2007, 04:03:43 PM »
Diambars let me be honest here, is jealousy to a big extent.

Locals dont like him because he is a foreigner taking up a space that one of "we own" coulda get.
I am not of the same opinion but you entitled to yours!!

2) He coaching a big side and is paid well....He driving X5, who else driving that.
Come on???..ar people that shallow !!

Warrior For Life !!

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2007, 04:33:55 PM »
Diambars, what negative feedback yuh talking about? The only thing I could remember on this site is bacchanal about the elbow incident long time ago (people doh even mention that again), and some people does cuss because Jabloteh players not on the National team right now, believing is Fenwick to blame fuh that too.

Some men does say he trying to get ah national wuk by slyly effing up the national coach, but all the local coaches does get paint wid dah same brush when dey talk.

Other than that, it eh have no setta fightdown. Exactly what is your opinion, and what are YOU trying to get men to say?
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2007, 05:01:40 PM »
Diambars, what negative feedback yuh talking about? The only thing I could remember on this site is bacchanal about the elbow incident long time ago (people doh even mention that again), and some people does cuss because Jabloteh players not on the National team right now, believing is Fenwick to blame fuh that too.

Some men does say he trying to get ah national wuk by slyly effing up the national coach, but all the local coaches does get paint wid dah same brush when dey talk.

Other than that, it eh have no setta fightdown. Exactly what is your opinion, and what are YOU trying to get men to say?

Maybe reading is not your strong point, but there are many comments like the one in the post below ... are there seems to be no reason for it.  My opinion does not matter at the moment, but their seems to be no reason for villifying him, and I am just trying to substantiate it, I have never seen any given but constant villification when he seems to be doing good work.

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=29787.0

« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 05:29:13 PM by Diambars »

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2007, 05:56:03 PM »
Jabloteh didnot buy the best players in T&T or at least not all the time. Current players like Elton John, Whitley, Peltier, Hyland, Francois, Guerra, Murray, Williams, Noel, Glen, Primus, Daniel, Ian Gray, Joseph, Marcano etc etc, all came up through the ranks of Jabloteh youth system and was not purchase from other clubs.

I was not going to comment but Nigel Daniel, williams, and at least 7 other young players were recruited from that national U 20 team with marvin lee.... Cornell came from Futgof... marcano from W-connection... ternt noel started the pro league with police.... and primus played from u17 to pro with Caledonia, actually he too was part of that U20 team with marvin lee; and that has been Terry's agenda ever since...... not that it is bad but they do go around and get the best young talent, and this begins from U-15 and U-17

Sean Powers, Josh Johnson, Devon Bristol, Lee Haynes, Anthony Thompson, Michael Celestine, Kerry Baptiste, Devon Mitchell, Hector Sam and Jerol Forbes also came from Jabloteh system..

Josh Johnson, Kerry Baptiste came from that same team with Marvin Lee, the only original Jabloteh player on that team was Micheal Lee Celestine... Powers was originally Joe Public...from Gustine... Anthony Thompson Caledonia at the U15 and 17 Lee Haynes and Jerrol Forbes live in south Haynes right behind petrotrin, and they both played with civic center jets

I mean they do what alot of "big" clubs does... get them young but they do go to all the clubs and schools and try to get the best young talent.

Is Wesley Webb still on Jabloteh staff ?
Yes he is their manager
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 05:58:30 PM by black chinee »

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2007, 08:24:14 PM »

Maybe reading is not your strong point, but there are many comments like the one in the post below ... are there seems to be no reason for it.  My opinion does not matter at the moment, but their seems to be no reason for villifying him, and I am just trying to substantiate it, I have never seen any given but constant villification when he seems to be doing good work.

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=29787.0

Maybe reading is not your strong point,
Just so!? Fellas touchy boy.

Steups....men talking like that because men feel Fenwick balls up the Peltier issue along with the TTFF, and trying to make himself look good. Dais just de latest. I still eh see wha' you talking about. Wappen you is family or wha'?
Two islands are better than one.

Offline fatman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2007, 09:31:23 PM »
Any one who is intimately involved with local football will have their doubts about this man .

Firstly his behaviour on the bench leaves a lot to be desired,. there are many negative aspects of our football culture ,but verbally abusing officials at every opportunity is not one of them, Mr Fenwick does this at every opportunity. 

Initially he partnered with a suspicious English man by the name of Miller who claimed to have been involved in Sport management in the UK, it was later exposed that he was an imposter  This alone threw a cloak of suspicion over Fenwick

Fenwick as a visitor to this country has been agressive and has never fully corporated with national football coaches or teams; the key to being accepted some where is to understand the people and their community he has failed to do this.

If I was a local coach I  too would be angry he is making  such a hefty salary, as I know CLICO WILL NOT BE SO GENEROUS TO  ANY LOCAL no matter how good they are. The question must also be asked how come no other foreign coach has brought out such negative emotion in us, perhaps Fenwick deserves his reputation.

Fact is several Jabloteh players and officials have had problems with him, maybe it is cultural or possibly his personality is abrasive your choice. Maurinho is not widely liked yet very successful likewise Ferguson, so who the hell is Terry Fenwick.

Trinidad and Tobago has a reputation for attracting mediocre foreign coaches from Europe or South America, men who would not be employed by a minor league team in their country.yet we  give them  financial support and encourage ment that should be given to our top locals. It is a remnant of a slave society and colonialism. I actually find it liberating that so many people can see a spade for what it is a spade. 
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 09:39:22 PM by fatman »

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2007, 12:22:55 AM »

Fenwick is ah boss coach compared to the other foriegn imposters.

Allyuh jus doh like agressiveness.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2007, 02:21:05 AM »
Any one who is intimately involved with local football will have their doubts about this man .

Firstly his behaviour on the bench leaves a lot to be desired,. there are many negative aspects of our football culture ,but verbally abusing officials at every opportunity is not one of them, Mr Fenwick does this at every opportunity. 

Initially he partnered with a suspicious English man by the name of Miller who claimed to have been involved in Sport management in the UK, it was later exposed that he was an imposter  This alone threw a cloak of suspicion over Fenwick

Fenwick as a visitor to this country has been aggressive and has never fully corporated with national football coaches or teams; the key to being accepted some where is to understand the people and their community he has failed to do this.

If I was a local coach I  too would be angry he is making  such a hefty salary, as I know CLICO WILL NOT BE SO GENEROUS TO  ANY LOCAL no matter how good they are. The question must also be asked how come no other foreign coach has brought out such negative emotion in us, perhaps Fenwick deserves his reputation.

Fact is several Jabloteh players and officials have had problems with him, maybe it is cultural or possibly his personality is abrasive your choice. Maurinho is not widely liked yet very successful likewise Ferguson, so who the hell is Terry Fenwick.

Trinidad and Tobago has a reputation for attracting mediocre foreign coaches from Europe or South America, men who would not be employed by a minor league team in their country.yet we  give them  financial support and encourage ment that should be given to our top locals. It is a remnant of a slave society and colonialism. I actually find it liberating that so many people can see a spade for what it is a spade. 
What the PFL/TTFF has to do is bring out a comprehensive set of Policies and Procedures dealing with ALL aspects of the Local game where by everyone from Executives all the way down to players have guidelines to follow and if anyone deviates from these then they should be brought to task about their behaviour.
very simple really
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 02:23:33 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2007, 05:48:17 AM »
black chinee, still, them players isn't the best in T&T in anycase.... Trent Noel never played for Police while in the Pro League, Jabloteh bought him before that. Powers was orignally from Jabloteh too. My point, Jabloteh buy most of them players from small clubs and develop them into better players. For example Glen maynot have been the player he is  now if he had stayed with Futgof and same with many others. Many players like Forbes who is from south came through the Jabloteh youth system while they where still in school...

My point I am trying to get to KND is, excatly who is the best players in T&T Jabloteh buying ? as I remember they only bought 2, maybe 3 players in the past 3 years, the core of the current team was with Jabloteh youth system a while now.....

Wesley Webb is from south and should try and get more south players to sign with Jabloteh. As they have a decent youth system. He should look out for his south people especially the ones who lived deep south that does not get the opporunity to show what they're really worth.

I will like to see Fenwick coach aganist better teams as it seems W Connection always gets the better of him and his team. Ricky Hill did great in the concacaf cup but slip up in the end aganist Chicago Fire. Remember Northampton send Fenwick packing months after signing with them while they were still a 3rd division team in England. I remember he signed Rahim while there. They complained about his defensive style and poor tactics. Lets see Jabloteh in the concacaf champion cup next year.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 08:14:21 AM by Flex »

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2007, 10:29:54 AM »
My dislike of Fenwick has nothing to do with his coaching ability (though he is a failure in the UK) its just that, as the British say....He is a "dodgy geezer". The man is a watered down version of Jackula, bacchanal does follow him all over. He was manager of Portsmouth when Venables took over the club...because of a number of dubious activities, Venables ended up being banned from ever again being a director of a UK company and in part lead to him losing the England job. Fenwick, rightly or wrongly, was associated with the suspect activities at pompey and this rep has followed him ever since, there were always whispers about suspect activity whever he managed in the UK. It did'nt help his cause in T&T when he was associated with Mr Millar. The guy is also basically acting as an agent for his and other players....this is considered as a conflict of interest in most major leagues, if Alex Ferguson was doing what Fenwick does there would be a major investigation. Look how England frowns on Managers getting bungs. He will say he is'nt an agent but if yuh peddaling players around UK clubs that is one of the main jobs of an agent. I'm sorry but I find it hard to believe he is acting purely in the best interests of his players, soley thinking about their welfare and improving their career prospects. He must be benefitting in some way and therefore it is in his interests to keep flogging players anyway he can. Though happy for the oppertunites Fenwick is getting for T&T talent, I don't see why he should get credit fuh cashing in. If you ever heard some of his interviews in the UK during the WC about T&T football, the guy had a very dismissive view of every aspect of the game in the country. That is hardly the opinion of someone genuinely interested in improving T&T ball. As some people have said before, considering the advantages he has over the local coaches; Jabloteh's financial clout and his managerial and playing experience....we should expect him to be a successful coach at the PFL level, not congratulate him! He deserves props if he genuinely improves his players ablity and Jabloteh's performance above Caribbean club level, but in my opinion, he has not done better than any local coaches in these areas.

In my opinion...he using us so why not use him, there need not be congratulations or gratitude. Would local coaches act any different if in the same situation?....ah not bothered speculating as I would treat them exactly the same.

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2007, 10:41:59 AM »
black chinee, still, them players isn't the best in T&T in anycase.... Trent Noel never played for Police while in the Pro League, Jabloteh bought him before that. Powers was orignally from Jabloteh too. My point, Jabloteh buy most of them players from small clubs and develop them into better players. For example Glen maynot have been the player he is  now if he had stayed with Futgof and same with many others. Many players like Forbes who is from south came through the Jabloteh youth system while they where still in school...

My point I am trying to get to KND is, excatly who is the best players in T&T Jabloteh buying ? as I remember they only bought 2, maybe 3 players in the past 3 years, the core of the current team was with Jabloteh youth system a while now.....

Wesley Webb is from south and should try and get more south players to sign with Jabloteh. As they have a decent youth system. He should look out for his south people especially the ones who lived deep south that does not get the opporunity to show what they're really worth.

I will like to see Fenwick coach aganist better teams as it seems W Connection always gets the better of him and his team. Ricky Hill did great in the concacaf cup but slip up in the end aganist Chicago Fire. Remember Northampton send Fenwick packing months after signing with them while they were still a 3rd division team in England. I remember he signed Rahim while there. They complained about his defensive style and poor tactics. Lets see Jabloteh in the concacaf champion cup next year.

Now do not get me wrong... Arsenal and man U goes and get gret young talent also...but Jabloteh cause they have the money and can, will go to national U 15 and U 17 teams and get the best talent around.....

PS and Trent Noel did play the 1st season of the PFL with Police b4 they left the PFL and are now back in the TT Pro League.... But I am not gonna argue dat point.

The guy can get the best out of his team no lie, just wanted to set some of the facts straight.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2007, 11:58:42 AM »

Now do not get me wrong... Arsenal and man U goes and get gret young talent also...but Jabloteh cause they have the money and can, will go to national U 15 and U 17 teams and get the best talent around.....

PS and Trent Noel did play the 1st season of the PFL with Police b4 they left the PFL and are now back in the TT Pro League.... But I am not gonna argue dat point.

The guy can get the best out of his team no lie, just wanted to set some of the facts straight.
         Why are South players bypassing WConnection and going to Jabloteh when WConnection has just as good a program and offers the same things that Jabloteh offers,somebody have to be doing some big time scouting/recruiting..
         I'm from San Juan i actually started Jabloteh in the back of the San Juan Secondary and i can tell you they have always been good at and produced good players at the Youth level,where you think guys like Dwarika,Chinapoo,Roderick Gibbs,Bertran Obrian,Hector Sam etc etc it have a long list,that was before Fenwick ever got here,look how long ago Chinapoo played for the Cosmos,T&T players always got contracts way back in Lincoln and them days and we didn't have foreign Coaches,we are just naturally talented is for Coaches to know what to do with us,we need the exposure. 

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2007, 12:45:54 PM »
Thank u Coops. Give dem a history lesson as for my lack of substance loud steuspsssssssss estremely loud steupsssssssssss
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>