April 28, 2024, 02:49:02 AM

Author Topic: TOMMY JOSEPH SON KILLED  (Read 7401 times)

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
TOMMY JOSEPH SON KILLED
« on: September 04, 2007, 09:08:32 AM »

Tuesday, September 4th 2007

With his trademark grin absent from his face, a weary-looking Tommy Joseph sat in a car outside the Forensic Science Centre in St James yesterday, awaiting an autopsy on his 25-year-old son, Neketo, who was murdered on Sunday night.

Mustering whatever vocal strength he had, Joseph, a comedian/entertainer and also TT Post employee, told the Express, "I am feeling torn apart."

His sentiments were echoed by his wife, Julie, who said, "We want the perpetrators to be brought to justice, but we all know how the justice system is."

Neketo Joseph, a theatre attendant employed in St Clair, was shot dead during a robbery attempt on the Eastern Main Road, D'abadie, around 10.30 p.m., homicide officers said yesterday.

Joseph (N), a father of an eleven-month-old son, had only moments before left his mechanic when he started experiencing car problems in the vicinity of the La Flourissant housing development. He got out the car to check on the engine and was approached by two men who announced a hold-up.

The younger Joseph was shot once in the waist by the bandits, who then snatched his $10,000 gold chain from around his neck. The bandits then ran off. Joseph died on the spot.

A call was made to the police by several residents who heard the gunshot and officers arrived shortly after.

Relatives of Joseph said his girlfriend was having a "hard time tying to cope with his death".

"His mother, Angela Marcelle, who lives in the United States, is expected to arrive in Trinidad today," a relative said.

"We are trying to be strong and stay that way for Tommy's other son," Julie Joseph said.

Joseph's killing was one of three murders which occurred on Sunday night and are now being investigated by Homicide Eastern Bureau officers.

In an unrelated incident, Homicide officers are seeking the public's assistance in identifying the body of a man found on the stairway of an apartment at Dorata Street, Laventille.

The man, who has been described as being of African descent, five feet eleven, with a low haircut and clean shaven, was found by officers of the North Eastern Division Task Force around 10.45 p.m.

In the final incident on Sunday, self-employed Maraval businessman Simeon deNobriega was found dead by relatives around 5.54 p.m. at his Haleland Park, Maraval home. An autopsy performed on his body yesterday revealed he died from blunt force trauma to the head.

DeNobriega, 34, was found by his father lying in a pool of blood in a bedroom. Police said yesterday they are yet to establish a motive for the killing.

In another matter, an autopsy performed on the body of foreign-used car businessman Ronald Samlal meanwhile revealed he died from shock and haemorrhaging consistent with a gunshot wound.

Samlal, 42, of Eastern Main Road, San Juan, left his home on August 30 to transact business in Chaguanas, but failed to return home and relatives later received a call demanding money for his safe release.

These killings have now pushed the murder toll to 224 for the year thus far, 36 less than last years figure in the corresponding period.

Comments: Tommy Joseph's son killed 

At least the PNM has gotten the murder rate down.   Posted: 2007-09-04 04:18:00 AM 
 This is extremely sad, and I empathise with the Joseph family. That said, people 
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Dr. Rat

• Licks Pass!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TOMMY JOSEPH SON KILLED
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 09:37:37 AM »
So sad.
PNM in yuh mudda-in-law

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
Comedian Tommy Joseph's Son Killed
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 10:27:25 AM »
 Courtesey islandevents.com
Local comedian Tommy Joseph’s 25-year-old son, Neketo, was murdered on Sunday night.

Neketo Joseph, a theatre attendant employed in St Clair, was shot dead during a robbery attempt on the Eastern Main Road, D'abadie, around 10.30 p.m., homicide officers said yesterday.

The young Joseph, a father of an eleven-month-old son, had only moments before left his mechanic when he started experiencing car problems in the vicinity of the La Flourissant housing development. He got out the car to check on the engine and was approached by two men who announced a hold-up.

The younger Joseph was shot once in the waist by the bandits, who then snatched his $10,000 gold chain from around his neck. The bandits then ran off. Joseph died on the spot.

A call was made to the police by several residents who heard the gunshot and officers arrived shortly after.
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 11:31:36 AM »
Very sad to hear this news about Tommy Joseph's son.

Also sod to read this...

In the final incident on Sunday, self-employed Maraval businessman Simeon deNobriega was found dead by relatives around 5.54 p.m. at his Haleland Park, Maraval home. An autopsy performed on his body yesterday revealed he died from blunt force trauma to the head.

DeNobriega, 34, was found by his father lying in a pool of blood in a bedroom. Police said yesterday they are yet to establish a motive for the killing.

I know two Simon De Nobriga's who should be around 34 right now.

One went Saints with me and the other went Fatima, before ending up at Sixth Form Gov't, one year behind me.

To think that everyday, young people that you jknow are being killed is very disheartening.

is only in my 80's I should be checking the Obits for names that i recognize.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 11:46:49 AM »

Also sod to read this...

One went Saints with me and the other went Fatima, before ending up at Sixth Form Gov't, one year behind me.

To think that everyday, young people that you jknow are being killed is very disheartening.

JDB is he related to the De Nobrigas from Valsayn ?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 11:15:50 PM »

Also sod to read this...

de first time dat hit me was when Clint Huggins get kill by Dole Chadee and dem 10 yrs ago.  Dat was ah man I went primary school with and to read of his murder all I could see was de 11-year old schoolboy I last saw back in '82 when we part ways fuh secondary school.

Offline Crissy D

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 08:21:16 AM »
Condolences to everyone who lost a family member on Sunday night.... Its one of the most hurtful experiences any person could have.
If yuh have it..........flaunt it!

1]; } ?>