April 27, 2024, 11:34:20 AM

Author Topic: U17 - Spain v Ghana  (Read 4338 times)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
U17 - Spain v Ghana
« on: September 05, 2007, 06:04:34 AM »
Anybody out there watching dis game now??

Ah only getting Matchcast, which is just not de same...... :(
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
Re: U17 - Spain v Ghana
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 06:10:11 AM »
Yeah watching it now. Good game. Seems like Ghana has met an excellent defensive team, with fast players. Still, Ghana has the majority of the possession, mostly in spanish territory, and Spain is playing a bunker up and counter attack game, and thats how the game is being played. 1-1FT and they now into extra time.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 06:26:35 AM »
spain leading 2-1
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline SabreWolves

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 06:35:13 AM »
FT   Spain 2 Ghana 1  (120 min)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 06:38:48 AM »
FT   Spain 2 Ghana 1  (120 min)

:'( :'(

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 06:42:14 AM »
Spain played a great tactical game. Their players are big and strong too. Ghana had most of the possession by far, but could not crack the penalty area. This game they were always too out numbered in the box, and at the back in general. In fact even though the game was played mostly in the Spanish half, Spain looked more dangerous on the counter attack when they could get on e going. Good game. Maybe Ghana had more shots on goal I doh know, they did not seem to have many clean looks despite all that possession.

Game done 2-1 Spain.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 07:04:08 AM »
Spain played a great tactical game. Their players are big and strong too. Ghana had most of the possession by far, but could not crack the penalty area. This game they were always too out numbered in the box, and at the back in general. In fact even though the game was played mostly in the Spanish half, Spain looked more dangerous on the counter attack when they could get on e going. Good game. Maybe Ghana had more shots on goal I doh know, they did not seem to have many clean looks despite all that possession.

Game done 2-1 Spain.

.......I guess Spain knew that if they tried to play an open free-flowing game that Ghana would have eaten their lunch and take tomorrow's lunch money, too.  Is a hard luck for Ghana but from the commentator's comments, Ghana displayed alot of class after the game and Spain main player missin' de final..........at least we know Spain coming second!  ;D

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 07:35:24 AM »
Spain main player Bojan went from Hero to Zero in about 5 mins.  Talk about bittersweet.

.......I guess Spain knew that if they tried to play an open free-flowing game that Ghana would have eaten their lunch and take tomorrow's lunch money, too. Is a hard luck for Ghana but from the commentator's comments, Ghana displayed alot of class after the game and Spain main player missin' de final..........at least we know Spain coming second! ;D

yeah cuz Nigeria taking it   :beermug:  :beermug:......ah was kinda worried dat de two African teams would meet in de final cuz although ah backing Nigeria, ah like Ghana too so now ah eh have no conflict whatsoever......GO NIGERIA!!!....

Please, please, please cut Germany arse......
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2007, 07:46:14 AM »
Spain main player Bojan went from Hero to Zero in about 5 mins.  Talk about bittersweet.

.......I guess Spain knew that if they tried to play an open free-flowing game that Ghana would have eaten their lunch and take tomorrow's lunch money, too. Is a hard luck for Ghana but from the commentator's comments, Ghana displayed alot of class after the game and Spain main player missin' de final..........at least we know Spain coming second! ;D

yeah cuz Nigeria taking it   :beermug:  :beermug:......ah was kinda worried dat de two African teams would meet in de final cuz although ah backing Nigeria, ah like Ghana too so now ah eh have no conflict whatsoever......GO NIGERIA!!!....

Man, I still vex.  I woulda rather see two African teams in de final and be happy with whoever win anyway.  When dem African teams play against each other dey doh hold back at all and yuh doh see no setta diving and ting.  Is just pure all-out attacking, free-flowing football.  Spain will lock up themselves into a defensive formation/mode and hope for the best on Sunday.  Nigeria-Germany will be a WICKED game tomorrow!! As long as Nigeria doh lapse against them like Ghana did last week, is worries for Germany!!  :beermug:

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2007, 07:56:20 AM »
Man, I still vex. I woulda rather see two African teams in de final and be happy with whoever win anyway. When dem African teams play against each other dey doh hold back at all and yuh doh see no setta diving and ting. Is just pure all-out attacking, free-flowing football. Spain will lock up themselves into a defensive formation/mode and hope for the best on Sunday. Nigeria-Germany will be a WICKED game tomorrow!! As long as Nigeria doh lapse against them like Ghana did last week, is worries for Germany!! :beermug:

hhhhhhmmmmm.......yuh have ah point dey....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2007, 08:43:16 AM »

Game done 2-1 Spain.

Interesting. My interpretation's of Anton's comments before we played  Ghana was that the game would look like this. What the hell happened? Lack of execution or were we incapable of executing the counter?

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2007, 09:12:28 AM »

Game done 2-1 Spain.

Interesting. My interpretation's of Anton's comments before we played  Ghana was that the game would look like this. What the hell happened? Lack of execution or were we incapable of executing the counter?

We were incapable of keeping 4 goals out of our net.....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2007, 09:49:43 AM »

Game done 2-1 Spain.

when there is such a wide gap in skill level, among other things, it really doesn't matter what tactics you use, eventually the inferior team (T&T, in this case) will succumb to superior teams like Ghana, Germany and Columbia.  Not a knock on our players, just the truth.  When we can elevate our game to a more competitive level, than maybe we can hope to eke out more favourable results against them kinda teams......besides, our group was arguably the toughest group n the tournament and there's only so much we could have really expected of our young players.  :beermug:

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2007, 11:35:55 AM »

lol ... good luck

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2007, 03:41:33 PM »
Yeah watching it now. Good game. Seems like Ghana has met an excellent defensive team, with fast players. Still, Ghana has the majority of the possession, mostly in spanish territory, and Spain is playing a bunker up and counter attack game, and thats how the game is being played. 1-1FT and they now into extra time.

.....After finally getting a chance to watch the game, it only confirms what I thought all along.  Ghana were the better team today, more aggressive, willing to gamble, eager to win and they paid dearly for their mistakes.  Football really ain't what it used to be save but a few teams (like the African teams) that play the game to score goals and not defend, defend, defend.....and counter, counter, counter.  European countries are the masters of tactics and technique, but the willingness to improvise on the fly, dribble and attack using creativity and skill along with the amazing ability to do it so fluidly are really best found on the football fields of Africa and South America (Brazil).  Spain's tactics won this game for them moreso than any other aspect of teir game and it really is a shame to not be able to see Ghana in the Final.  They really are a wonderful team of young players to watch.  Their goal was a master class in finishing and execution and a basic technique in thinking that our young T&T players (including the ones perusing this forum) would do well to emulate.   Some might argue that their goalscorer already should have been previously sent off and rendered them at a numerical disadvantage, but, oh well.  These are the breaks.  I don't see any of the other big teams stepping up and acknowledging when they get their breaks.  Hard luck to Ghana, good luck tomorrow to Nigeria!     

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2007, 03:45:01 PM »
They really are a wonderful team of young players to watch. 

"YOUNG"? Hmmmmmmmmm..... :-\ :-\
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2007, 03:54:59 PM »

Aye, watch dat!! Plenty ah dem other players on dem other teams lookin' old, too.  Leave my Africans alone!!  ;D

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2007, 03:57:32 PM »
Ghana fall asleep on that winning free kick. The man peel out and was wide open to pick his spot.

The rain affect Ghana team speed, they surprise spain at the opening, but then the game settle down and spain was playing counter. Is not like they had a choice.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2007, 04:03:01 PM »
Ghana fall asleep on that winning free kick. The man peel out and was wide open to pick his spot.

The rain affect Ghana team speed, they surprise spain at the opening, but then the game settle down and spain was playing counter. Is not like they had a choice.

Yeah, Bitter, but here is where the "tactics" come in: Spain run a "pick" on the man that was markin' him and he was being held/obstructed by another spanish player......the ref didn't see it.  The man that was markin' the man that set the "pick" didn't read that play and stayed marking his man.  I agree, it shouldn'ta happen like dat, but them "young" fellas got confused.   

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2007, 05:22:29 AM »

Aye, watch dat!! Plenty ah dem other players on dem other teams lookin' old, too.  Leave my Africans alone!!  ;D

:rotfl:  All joke aside though, Palos, ah watchin' de re-broadcast of the Nigeria-argentina game dis mawnin' and even I hadda admit de Nigerian 'keeper had meh rel scratchin' meh head!!  Dah man is Under-17, boy?!?! Under-19?!?! Under-23, even?!?!  De only ting he look "Under" is de damned crossbar!

1]; } ?>