April 27, 2024, 01:43:40 AM

Author Topic: [U-17] Germany v Nigeria  (Read 7956 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: [U-17] Germany v Nigeria
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2007, 10:27:23 AM »
[So wait nah all yuh trying to tell me dat in all dese years FIFA eh have no way of verifiying de players' age??......so why dey allowing dem in de tournament(s) den?

But den again if FIFA could have a man like Jackula in dey ranks........

:busshead:

Yuh see dah icon above?  Yuh bang de fleckin hammer on de head right dey!
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2007, 10:36:01 AM »
how men talking bout all kinda teams except brazil steupssssssssss ah man have one name...u dont know if its his last name or 1st, how man expect them men age to be accurate.

brazil have been found guilty with this age thing b4..so dont focus on 1 set ah teams

lets be real does any other nation in the world has such a fierce competition for team spots hmmmmmmmm, one can only imagine what ppl will stoop to doing to get onto a youth team
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2007, 10:49:22 AM »
how men talking bout all kinda teams except brazil steupssssssssss ah man have one name...u dont know if its his last name or 1st, how man expect them men age to be accurate.

brazil have been found guilty with this age thing b4..so dont focus on 1 set ah teams

lets be real does any other nation in the world has such a fierce competition for team spots hmmmmmmmm, one can only imagine what ppl will stoop to doing to get onto a youth team

People already talk about Brazil on another thread being caught at both U17 and U20.

Here is a funny one. At the u17 in Finland FIFA decide to test a bracelet on every player that supposedly detected bone density. Yuh know not one African Nation (Nigera, Cameroon or Sierra Leon) got out of the first round. Cameroon eh even win one game  ??? When you ever hear about an Africa nation not getting out the first round.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2007, 11:06:02 AM »
At dis level, a U 23 team supposed to beat a U 17 team everytime.  Surprisin de U 17 gave dem such a tough time... 8)
i tink dais wha Mango sayin here :devil:

WestCoast boy, I was actually being facetious.  Whenever an African team win a game, somebody always bringin' up de "age" ting and I find it to be a bit hypocritical and unfair.  I agree that some of them do look beyond their years but I does be seein' men on all dem teams in all dem age-specific tournaments dat well look overage but nobody doh say nutting about dem.  Why is it that only the Africans must have aspersions cast their way and inferences made at them?  Give the fellas their due credit and when and if they are found to be cheating the system, then we should talk.

But Mango Chow they were caught before and more recently were caught again at the U17 in T&T. I think the player caught was Smith. After the youth tournament in NewZealand Barca bought the best player from Ghana, but did not sign him because after the medical the bone scan showed him to be 5 years older than his passport age which was 16. There is a lot of talk in the football community in Korea about overage in this tournament mainly Nigeria, Tajikstan & North Korea. People even questioning the papers of Alex Nimo, Liberian youth playing for the USA

I know they got caught before yuh know, Observer, but what I am saying is (and I appreciate, Palos that they have been "more times" than others) but other teams have been caught, too......and some of them SAME other teams that have been caught before (as well as ones that weren't) does have STILL some old-looking, hard face men on dey squads.......I think ALL dem teams does cheat and fifa need to change this random-testing they does do and test ALL THE PLAYERS!! Is not just de Africans dat have "been caught" before......

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2007, 01:46:23 PM »

:rotfl:
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2007, 03:16:53 PM »
Having lived and taught in Africa, I can say without a doubt that they have no real records of anything. The day you walk in the office is the date that they put on the register. Plus when they actually file it would be the official date (which could be two years from when you first walk een. Sometimes people don't come into the capital for years, when they do come they do all their business.
They had youths in high school both male and female that older than me.

I would guess is the same in Central America especially for youth born during and just after the civil wars of the 80's and early 90's.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2007, 03:37:07 PM »
Having lived and taught in Africa, I can say without a doubt that they have no real records of anything. The day you walk in the office is the date that they put on the register. Plus when they actually file it would be the official date (which could be two years from when you first walk een. Sometimes people don't come into the capital for years, when they do come they do all their business.

I would guess is the same in Central America especially for youth born during and just after the civil wars of the 80's and early 90's.

I was waiting to hear this.....fifa is well aware of this kind of thing, yet they choose to only "randomly" test these teams/players at the actual world tournaments for their ages.  Why aren't these players checked at the Association level or even the confederation level?.........if it good enough for fifa, it good enough for me......

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2007, 08:41:54 AM »
Nigeria win 3-0 on PK
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2007, 09:07:31 AM »
Nigeria win 3-0 on PK

Once Spain had missed their first penalty I knew they were done!  Nice game, Spain played the same defensive, counterattacking style as they did against Ghana but in spite of their excellent technical skills, Nigeria still were the better team.  Them Africans have a completely different style of playing the way they control the ball and the kinds of passes they make.  Them boys is no joke!  Ghana was real unlucky against Germany again today, but their is something to be said if you play a team twice in a tournament and beat them twice, too.  If Ghana didn't play such a dispirited first half, though, they would have easily won this game. 

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2007, 11:04:32 AM »

That is absolutely amazing...you lived and taught in every country in Africa??? wow
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 11:08:45 AM by Filho »

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2007, 11:07:39 AM »
At dis level, a U 23 team supposed to beat a U 17 team everytime.  Surprisin de U 17 gave dem such a tough time... 8)

WestCoast boy, I was actually being facetious.  Whenever an African team win a game, somebody always bringin' up de "age" ting and I find it to be a bit hypocritical and unfair.  I agree that some of them do look beyond their years but I does be seein' men on all dem teams in all dem age-specific tournaments dat well look overage but nobody doh say nutting about dem.  Why is it that only the Africans must have aspersions cast their way and inferences made at them?  Give the fellas their due credit and when and if they are found to be cheating the system, then we should talk.

But Mango Chow they were caught before and more recently were caught again at the U17 in T&T. I think the player caught was Smith. After the youth tournament in NewZealand Barca bought the best player from Ghana, but did not sign him because after the medical the bone scan showed him to be 5 years older than his passport age which was 16. There is a lot of talk in the football community in Korea about overage in this tournament mainly Nigeria, Tajikstan & North Korea. People even questioning the papers of Alex Nimo, Liberian youth playing for the USA

When an African nation gets caught...all of Africa (aka 'they') don't get caught. That's like saying Trinis cheat with hteir papers if some Bajans and Jamaicans get caught  >:(

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2007, 11:09:50 AM »

People already talk about Brazil on another thread being caught at both U17 and U20.

Here is a funny one. At the u17 in Finland FIFA decide to test a bracelet on every player that supposedly detected bone density. Yuh know not one African Nation (Nigera, Cameroon or Sierra Leon) got out of the first round. Cameroon eh even win one game  ??? When you ever hear about an Africa nation not getting out the first round.

So if they don't have official papers..how'd they get correct Under 17 teams that time around?

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2007, 12:24:31 PM »

When an African nation gets caught...all of Africa (aka 'they') don't get caught. That's like saying Trinis cheat with hteir papers if some Bajans and Jamaicans get caught  >:(

Fhilo I was answering Mango chow in reference to Nigeria, that is why I used "they" and you dam well know that  ;D   They "Nigeria" have been caught on three occasions (being baned once for it), Mexico, Costa Rica, Brazil, Ghana (have all been caught) More recently kenya were caught and banned. Now did I cover everyone by name  ;)  Now may be USA turn because there is no way Nimo in U17, if he is dat youth had a hard life  ;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2007, 01:13:19 PM »
Germany beat Ghana 2:1 for 3rd mimicking their senior team last year.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2007, 01:37:57 PM »
Nigeria and yuh players what ever age dey is congrats. Germany congrats for yuh 3rd place
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2007, 02:52:27 PM »

Fhilo I was answering Mango chow in reference to Nigeria, that is why I used "they" and you dam well know that  ;D   They "Nigeria" have been caught on three occasions (being baned once for it), Mexico, Costa Rica, Brazil, Ghana (have all been caught) More recently kenya were caught and banned. Now did I cover everyone by name  ;)  Now may be USA turn because there is no way Nimo in U17, if he is dat youth had a hard life  ;D

Fellas, there is a sad but likely fact of life in football that many more nations cheat in footbal than the ones that are caught.  I am glad that ANC2 was able to enlighten us on his own experiences in Africa to help some of us put things in perspective: Alot of what is wrong with Africa today is a direct result of centuries of abuse, raping, pilaging and of the ENTIRE CONTINENT, mostly at the hands of the europeans, and as a result, football is going to suffer it's trickled down effect, too.  Other countries may have been guilty of "football crimes" for both similar and dissimilar reasons, but me eh business.  For me, if some (or all) African countries, due to poor record-keeping practices, or trying to get ahead, or for some other related reason, occaisionally field some overaged players......I can live with that, whether they get ketch or not.  Sepp Blatter and all his fifa executives are watching the same games we are all watching, they are seeing the same hard-face and hard leg "little boys" that we are marvelling at and they set the rules and make the policies.  If fifa have a standard test that they use to determine players' ages in these age-specific tournaments and they choose to administer that test in the manner that THEY see fit and occaisionally, an African team might benefit from it......well, I can live with that, too.   

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2007, 04:22:20 PM »

Alright soldier...I saw Chow's post above and he spoke about Africans..no specific reference to a particular country. Didn't realize you were responding to a different post. respek  :beermug:

1]; } ?>