April 28, 2024, 11:52:22 PM

Author Topic: Birchall: I'm loving it at Saints.  (Read 3427 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Birchall: I'm loving it at Saints.
« on: September 06, 2007, 07:19:00 AM »
Birchall: I'm loving it at Saints.
Daily Express.

St Mirren new boy Chris Birchall has admitted this weekend’s international clash between Scotland and Lithuania couldn’t have come at a worse time – because he’s desperate to taste some more SPL action.
The 23-year-old midfielder was handed a baptism of fire when he made his debut for the Buddies as a second half substitute in the 5-1 thrashing at the hands of Celtic.
Birchall has already been impressed by the standard of Scottish football and can’t wait to make his first start for Saints.
But he’ll be left kicking his heels this weekend as the European Championships qualifying match at Hampden means there are no SPL games.
Birchall, who played for Trinidad and Tobago at last year’s World Cup Finals in Germany, said: “It’s frustrating that the international fixtures have come along this weekend.
“While a lot of players will enjoy having a break, I haven’t played much first team football since the season started.
“I just want to play for St Mirren again as soon as possible and I’m already looking forward to our next game against Dundee United a week on Sunday.”
Birchall has joined Saints on a loan-deal from English side Coventry City and is convinced football is in good shape north of the border.
He said: “The perception of the game up here that people in England have is all wrong. I think it’s a far better product than many folk down south give it credit for.
“It’s a very entertaining game north of the border and I’m glad to have made the move here.
“I just can’t wait to fight my way into the starting line up and, hopefully, that’ll come soon.”
Birchall has confessed that he found his whirlwind move from the Ricoh Arena to Paisley daunting, but an hour-long chat with Buddies boss Gus MacPherson over the telephone convinced him he was doing the right thing by moving north.
He explained: “The gaffer was really welcoming – as were the rest of the lads.
“I can already see what a close-knit family club St Mirren are. I can’t fault anything and, so far, I’m loving it here.”
Related News

Saints get player on-loan.
By: saintmirren.premiumtv.co.uk

Coventry City's Chris Birchall has agreed to go on-loan to St Mirren until this coming January, at the least. Twenty-three old Birchall is an attacking midfielder who has been capped 26 times for the Trinidad & Tobago national side. He played the first five years of his senior career with Port Vale before moving to Coventry City in 2006. Chris has been assigned the squad number 46.

Birchall set for SPL move.
By: ccfc.premiumtv.co.uk

City midfielder Chris Birchall is set to make a transfer deadline-day loan switch to Scottish Premier League outfit St Mirren. The Trinidad & Tobago international, 23, has struggled to hold down a regular place in the Sky Blues side this season and is expected to link-up with the Buddies until January 1.
Birchall joined City on the eve of the 2006/07 season in a £300,000 deal from Port Vale and made 18 starts and 12 substitute appearances during his debut campaign.
But he has featured in just one game so far this season, coming on as a second-half substitute in a Carling Cup first round tie against Notts County. Should the deal be completed today, he will go straight into the St Mirren squad for Sunday's mouthwatering clash against Celtic at Parkhead.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 01:35:50 PM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Birchall: I'm loving it at Saints.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 07:21:46 AM »
Bet yuh it eh have no Club Zen out dey doh... 8)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 07:22:57 AM »
“I just want to play for St Mirren again as soon as possible and I’m already looking forward to our next game against Dundee United a week on Sunday.”

Birchall has joined Saints on a loan-deal from English side Coventry City and is convinced football is in good shape north of the border.

He said: “The perception of the game up here that people in England have is all wrong. I think it’s a far better product than many folk down south give it credit for.

“It’s a very entertaining game north of the border and I’m glad to have made the move here.

“I just can’t wait to fight my way into the starting line up and, hopefully, that’ll come soon.”

seems Birchall has taken an advanced class in interview question answering.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 07:24:19 AM »

seems Birchall has taken an advanced class in interview question answering.
Latapy 101 maybe? ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 08:38:13 AM »
“It’s frustrating that the international fixtures have come along this weekend.

Especially when you FA can't line up any friendlies during the FIFA window and has you on a blacklist.

1]; } ?>