April 24, 2024, 06:54:23 PM

Author Topic: Serie A Thread  (Read 47468 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Serie A 08-09
« Reply #180 on: April 20, 2009, 08:23:27 PM »
Tribalism. 

It's human & it's everywhere.  Some places just more publicized than others.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 20, 2009, 08:59:59 PM »
Tribalism. 

It's human & it's everywhere.  Some places just more publicized than others.

Not sure I'd ascribe "human" to this type of behaviour, suggests it's a natural characteristic of our species, if that were the case the antithesis of this namely ethnic differences (which is also celebrated and publicized in many places) could be considered "human".  In this case, I'd say the behaviour displayed by the fans is very much beneath that of a human being.  Best of luck to Balotelli
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline scarface

• Hero Warrior
  • ultra del vicchia signora
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 21, 2009, 05:03:17 AM »
this is the first time shit like this was ever reported from juve fans so allyuh stop talkin out allyuh rectums. Thuram was never subject to no abuse in turin. Lazio fans are the biggest culprits in italy.

BTW with all da talk about pullin team off field & tryin to make balotelli into a saint/martyr he forghet the slap on the wrist he got back in 06....for those of u who eh no/have short memories

Marc Zoro suffers another bout of racial abuse from Inter Milan fans
April 3rd, 2006 | By: Ade Lamidi

The racial abuse of black players continues and Italian based Ivorian, Marc Zoro endured another bout of it when his Italian team Messina played Inter Milan at the weekend.

Marc Zoro’s every touch was met with a chorus of monkey chants from a large section of Inter fans during a Serie A match at the San Siro.

This new incident comes just three weeks after Fifa outlined a new framework of sanctions for clubs with racist fans.

Under the new Fifa system, clubs found guilty of failing to prevent their supporters from abusing opposing players on racial grounds could be docked three points for a first offence, six for a second and even relegated in the case of repeated incidents.

Personally, I think these people are a disgrace to themselves, as their team (Inter Milan) also has coloured players.

It was not the first time Zoro has been targeted by Inter fans as he endured the same treatment when Messina played Inter Milan earlier in the season.

Offline scarface

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 21, 2009, 05:11:08 AM »
& ppl does talk about calciopoli dead when morrati still blatantly running just as b4 the trials? STEUPS!!!!!!!

Juventus hit with fan ban

Juventus have paid a heavy price for racist chants directed at Mario Balotelli during the Derby d'Italia.

Balotelli was jeered by large sections of the Stadio Olimpico crowd during Saturday evening's 1-1 draw.

However, a small number of fans took things further and hurled racial abuse at the Italy Under-21 international.

Sporting judge Gianpaolo Tosel has taken a hard line as Italy continues to try and tackle racism and has imposed a game behind closed doors for Juve.

The game in question will be the fixture with relegation strugglers Lecce on May 3.

While the decision will be applauded by many as a measure against racism in calcio, it may prove controversial.

Balotelli has reported racist abuse from several sets of fans this season but the clubs in question have only received fines.

all d time ppl gettin small fine but from the time he open he mouth is big sanction bla bla. D went to bed wit d devil for a few title just so he cud TRY to get out of daddy's shadow. patheteic! that is y he wil always be remebered as the man who had to buy his titles and he cud still lose them once the new court cases done. But the damage has already been done...we replaced moggi, giraudo, bettega and crapello....with sucko, cobili giggle, blank & ruineri. I not worried tho, juve go come back again & inter will rightfully take they place behind us in italy.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 21, 2009, 08:13:43 AM »
Dahs wha does sour me bout italian football. Worse yet Balotelli want to play for italy so bad. Steups.

Dise why I don't support Spain and Italy. I can understand why he plays with a chip on his shoulder, more people than not want and hope he fails. I hope he shoves it up their racist arses! Look forward to the day when the best footballer in Italy is a black Italian!

really? i think you're making things up. it seems like it's usually a vocal minority that does these things in the stadia. In any case, i'm not sure you have much basis for that part of your statement. European countries like Spain and Italy don't have the same modern history of immigration as countries like England, France and Holland. At least that's my impression.....not trying to pass it off as fact. So they are probably going through the growing pains that these countries faced earlier on in their histories. I agree that they don't seem nearly as progressive as countries like England, Holland, France and Portugal inside the stadia. From my limited experience, they are not all that different outside the stadia tho.

I don't think racist behavior in the stadia should be used as a direct mirror of racist behavior in society, although there is some positive correlation. For example, there is basically no racism in American sports stadia ...yet in my conversations with Europeans, they seem to think of themselves as less racist than the average American. At the same time, altho EPL stadia seem virtually devoid of racism, is the same true outside the EPL? (honest question for the English based).

We should also be a littel wary of allowing the amount press exposure to dictate what we think is reality. I read of far more black players in the EPL talking about racist abuse they receive off the field. Yet we don't hear too much of black players being abused off the field in Spain and Italy. But does that mean black players don't face similar levels of abuse in Spain and Italy. I don't know..but I kind of doubt it.

In  the end..I think some European nations are more progressive than others, both in the stadia and outside. But not by as much as some of us think (I'm sticking to western Europe..much of Eastern Europe is a different kettle of fish). The real problem I have is the way the FAs of Spain or Italy react to racism in stadia. It's pathetic..But I'd wager it was the same in the more apparently progressive nations..and things only started changing when the number of black nationals grew to a number that it was just too ridiculous to ignore the situation. Some countries just aren't there yet. But I really believe that one Balotelli can do more than 100 politicians. And the more Balotellis there are..the more pressure there will be too change. And the change will come. But slowly...there is no magic to it.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 08:15:17 AM by Filho »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 21, 2009, 08:36:20 AM »
White players need to take a more meaningful stand against this sorta thing....It will make a big difference

giggsy11

« Reply #186 on: April 21, 2009, 08:56:57 AM »
Dahs wha does sour me bout italian football. Worse yet Balotelli want to play for italy so bad. Steups.

Dise why I don't support Spain and Italy. I can understand why he plays with a chip on his shoulder, more people than not want and hope he fails. I hope he shoves it up their racist arses! Look forward to the day when the best footballer in Italy is a black Italian!

really? i think you're making things up. it seems like it's usually a vocal minority that does these things in the stadia. In any case, i'm not sure you have much basis for that part of your statement. European countries like Spain and Italy don't have the same modern history of immigration as countries like England, France and Holland. At least that's my impression.....not trying to pass it off as fact. So they are probably going through the growing pains that these countries faced earlier on in their histories. I agree that they don't seem nearly as progressive as countries like England, Holland, France and Portugal inside the stadia. From my limited experience, they are not all that different outside the stadia tho.

I don't think racist behavior in the stadia should be used as a direct mirror of racist behavior in society, although there is some positive correlation. For example, there is basically no racism in American sports stadia ...yet in my conversations with Europeans, they seem to think of themselves as less racist than the average American. At the same time, altho EPL stadia seem virtually devoid of racism, is the same true outside the EPL? (honest question for the English based).

We should also be a littel wary of allowing the amount press exposure to dictate what we think is reality. I read of far more black players in the EPL talking about racist abuse they receive off the field. Yet we don't hear too much of black players being abused off the field in Spain and Italy. But does that mean black players don't face similar levels of abuse in Spain and Italy. I don't know..but I kind of doubt it.

In  the end..I think some European nations are more progressive than others, both in the stadia and outside. But not by as much as some of us think (I'm sticking to western Europe..much of Eastern Europe is a different kettle of fish). The real problem I have is the way the FAs of Spain or Italy react to racism in stadia. It's pathetic..But I'd wager it was the same in the more apparently progressive nations..and things only started changing when the number of black nationals grew to a number that it was just too ridiculous to ignore the situation. Some countries just aren't there yet. But I really believe that one Balotelli can do more than 100 politicians. And the more Balotellis there are..the more pressure there will be too change. And the change will come. But slowly...there is no magic to it.

So sorry, for not stating IMO before that statement you highlighted! So you can be entitled to disagree with my opinion and my opinion only. So in my opinion more people than not want and hope he fails. The same way you are giving your opinion on why you disagree with my statement, at the end of the day that is all it is. And it is my personal choice is not to support Spain and Italy based on continued reports about how fans in stadia treat black footballers.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 21, 2009, 09:20:24 AM »

So sorry, for not stating IMO before that statement you highlighted! So you can be entitled to disagree with my opinion and my opinion only. So in my opinion more people than not want and hope he fails. The same way you are giving your opinion on why you disagree with my statement, at the end of the day that is all it is. And it is my personal choice is not to support Spain and Italy based on continued reports about how fans in stadia treat black footballers.

No scene. Why would you think I didn't realize that was your opinion? It's still OK to disagree with people's opinions without them taking it personally right?  And I'm really not trying to convince you of anything, or say you're wrong for your personal choice. I'm sharing my views on an interesting topic and you seem to have some kind of problem with that. I didn't take on a sarcastic, or insulting tone and didn't try to put you down. I emboldened the only part in my post that I could guess you took issue with, but Iwas just clarifying my position and honestly did not mean to infer you were trying to pass it off as fact. Hope that was the only issue. In the end, you see we come to the same place anyway..even if we express it differently.  ;D
Respect
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 09:24:06 AM by Filho »

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 21, 2009, 09:48:03 AM »
White players need to take a more meaningful stand against this sorta thing....It will make a big difference

Dahs de ting. People does say is a vocal minority...so why the majority stand by and let it happen? I could only remember one incident i heard of where a group were making racist noises or chants and fans surrounding them got them..identified them to the authorities and they got banned for life. Cant remember which team or which league doh. The point is....if something like that happening..and yuh allow it...you just as guilty.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

giggsy11

« Reply #189 on: April 21, 2009, 09:52:24 AM »

No scene. Why would you think I didn't realize that was your opinion? It's still OK to disagree with people's opinions without them taking it personally right?  And I'm really not trying to convince you of anything, or say you're wrong for your personal choice. I'm sharing my views on an interesting topic and you seem to have some kind of problem with that. I didn't take on a sarcastic, or insulting tone and didn't try to put you down. I emboldened the only part in my post that I could guess you took issue with, but Iwas just clarifying my position and honestly did not mean to infer you were trying to pass it off as fact. Hope that was the only issue. In the end, you see we come to the same place anyway..even if we express it differently.  ;D
Respect

No scene also, but you can't respond to what I wrote by stating 'I think you are making things up' and then wonder why I would have a problem with your approach. I have no problem with how you disagreeing with my opinion, you have done it before and I know it will happen again and I have no problem with you giving an opinion at all, if you notice I only addressed the part pertaining to what I said. Thanks for clarifying your position, its all good and I will remember to right IMO.  ;D  Respect.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 21, 2009, 10:13:54 AM »

Dahs de ting. People does say is a vocal minority...so why the majority stand by and let it happen? I could only remember one incident i heard of where a group were making racist noises or chants and fans surrounding them got them..identified them to the authorities and they got banned for life. Cant remember which team or which league doh. The point is....if something like that happening..and yuh allow it...you just as guilty.

Fully agree. It was in Germany recently that the rest of the stadium stood up against some neo-Nazi hooligans and got them kicked out of the stadium. Video still on youtube I think.

I think the thing about the majority is for the most part they probably just not that organized...Individuals who may have the gumption to do something in the stadia may not be certain that he/she will get back up..so everyone sits kind of silent. The Germany example showed mybe five or six offenders..It's a whole different ball game when it's one thousand raucous neo-nazis in the dance. Also, and you are right, a lot of the majority may not be vocally racist , but they are guilty in that they don't feel it affects them enough to risk harm. They don't care enough to do anything on a public level. But even in countries where racism is virtually eliminated in the stadia, like England..I'm not too sure the majority stood up in the stadia and took on the offenders in the past. The revolution in the terraces usually comes after the clubs and the FA do most of the work, putting in the right institutionalized deterrents to significantly reduce the number of idiots showing up to games. In the end, the average fan in the stands with his wife, and kids, friends etc..just want to be entertained and eh looking to take on a twisted, drunken group of thugs especially if there is no organized group that guarantees safety in numbers.

I agree with Kicker too...the golden boys of the league have to take drastic measures. The day Raul, or Xavi, or Casillas walk off a pitch in La Liga it will send shockwaves. Eto'o, and Henry can't have the same impact as the agrreived minority is always expected to 'overreact'.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 10:15:50 AM by Filho »

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 21, 2009, 10:15:00 AM »
No scene also, but you can't respond to what I wrote by stating 'I think you are making things up' and then wonder why I would have a problem with your approach. I have no problem with how you disagreeing with my opinion, you have done it before and I know it will happen again and I have no problem with you giving an opinion at all, if you notice I only addressed the part pertaining to what I said. Thanks for clarifying your position, its all good and I will remember to right IMO.  ;D  Respect.

point taken  :beermug:

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 21, 2009, 10:21:47 AM »

Fully agree. It was in Germany recently that the rest of the stadium stood up against some neo-Nazi hooligans and got them kicked out of the stadium. Video still on youtube I think.

I think the thing about the majority is for the most part they probably just not that organized...Individuals who may have the gumption to do something in the stadia may not be certain that he/she will get back up..so everyone sits kind of silent. The Germany example showed mybe five or six offenders..It's a whole different ball game when it's one thousand raucous neo-nazis in the dance. Also, and you are right, a lot of the majority may not be vocally racist , but they are guilty in that they don't feel it affects them enough to risk harm. They don't care enough to do anything on a public level. But even in countries where racism is virtually eliminated in the stadia, like England..I'm not too sure the majority stood up in the stadia and took on the offenders in the past. The revolution in the terraces usually comes after the clubs and the FA do most of the work, putting in the right institutionalized deterrents to significantly reduce the number of idiots showing up to games. In the end, the average fan in the stands with his wife, and kids, friends etc..just want to be entertained and eh looking to take on a twisted, drunken group of thugs especially if there is no organized group that guarantees safety in numbers.

I agree with Kicker too...the golden boys of the league have to take drastic measures. The day Raul, or Xavi, or Casillas walk off a pitch in La Liga it will send shockwaves. Eto'o, and Henry can't have the same impact as the agrreived minority is always expected to 'overreact'.

And that is it right there.......guaranteed the day one of those players walk off the field, big measures will be taken to stop it from ever happening again. It has to be a stand taken by ALL players, not just the ones targeted by the abuse.  :beermug:
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 18, 2009, 10:05:57 AM »
i feel like i jes win d scudetto dey wit dis news..ah sad eh..

Ranieri sacked by Juventus
By Soccernet staff
May 18, 2009
Comment
Email
Print
Claudio Ranieri has been sacked as manager of Juventus and will be replaced by Ciro Ferrara for at least the last two games of the season, the Italian club have confirmed.

GettyImages
The Italian was sacked before the end of the season.
The Blanconeri are a point above fourth-placed Fiorentina with two matches left in Serie A and are in danger of slipping out of an automatic Champions League berth after a run of seven league games without a win.

Ranieri's succeeded Didier Deschamps at the Turin club in 2007 but failed to end Inter Milan's dominance of Serie A and Sunday's 2-2 home draw with Atalanta proved to be the final straw for the board.

A statement from Juventus read: "Ciro Ferrara is the new Juventus coach. Juventus would like to communicate that they have sacked Claudio Ranieri.

"From today, the first team will be handed over, and guided by Ciro Ferrara. Juventus would like to thank Claudio Ranieri for the work he has done in these two years.

"We would like to wish new coach Ciro Ferrara well for immediate success."

Juventus finished third last season and made a decent start to this term, beating Real Madrid home and away in the Champions League, but they went out of Europe in the first knock-out phase and recent results in Serie A have been poor.

Ferrara, a legendary centre-back for Juve during his playing days, has been promoted to caretaker manager from his role with the youth team and will prepare the club for Sunday's trip to Siena.

The 42-year-old is also Italy assistant manager.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 18, 2009, 12:07:30 PM »
Figo calls time on playing career

Midfielder Luis Figo has announced he will retire at the end of the season having helped Inter Milan win their fourth successive Serie A title.

"I finish in the best possible way - I will no longer play at a high level," said the former Portugal midfielder.

The 36-year-old, world player of the year in 2001, made his name at Barcelona before moving to Real Madrid for a world-record fee of about £37m.

He helped Real to the Uefa Champions League title in 2002.

The move from the Catalan giants, who he enjoyed winning two Primera Liga titles with, to bitter rivals Real Madrid after Euro 2000 was controversial and angered many Barcelona fans.

On his return to the Nou Camp in October of that year he was jeered by the home support each time he touched the ball and one banner read "We hate you so because we loved you so".

He went on to two more league championships with Real and the Champions League before moving to Inter on a free transfer in 2005.

Figo had more success with the Italians, picking up three Serie A titles under Roberto Mancini before winning the current championship under the guidance of countryman Jose Mourinho.

Figo is Portugal's most-capped player with 127 appearances and scored 32 goals during that time.

My favourite player of all time, break meh heart when he went to Los Putos Blancos.

Més que un club.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: May 18, 2009, 01:14:17 PM »

Midfielder Luis Figo has announced he will retire at the end of the season having helped Inter Milan win their fourth successive Serie A title.

"I finish in the best possible way - I will no longer play at a high level," said the former Portugal midfielder.

The 36-year-old, world player of the year in 2001, made his name at Barcelona before moving to Real Madrid for a world-record fee of about £37m.

The move from the Catalan giants, who he enjoyed winning two Primera Liga titles with, to bitter rivals Real Madrid after Euro 2000 was controversial and angered many Barcelona fans.

On his return to the Nou Camp in October of that year he was jeered by the home support each time he touched the ball and one banner read "We hate you so because we loved you so".

He went on to two more league championships with Real and the Champions League before moving to Inter on a free transfer in 2005.

Figo had more success with the Italians, picking up three Serie A titles under Roberto Mancini before winning the current championship under the guidance of countryman Jose Mourinho.

Figo is Portugal's most-capped player with 127 appearances and scored 32 goals during that time.

My favourite player of all time, break meh heart when he went to Los Putos Blancos.

Yeah my 2nd favorite after el fenomeno... 

Easily the best player in the World for a short period. (2000/2001)

Sad to see him go- but he gave us some good memories...
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 01:16:25 PM by kicker »

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 20, 2009, 09:40:31 AM »

You thinking about rivaldo or what?
Arguably, not easily the best player in 2000-2001
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 20, 2009, 09:46:43 AM »

You thinking about rivaldo or what?
Arguably, not easily the best player in 2000-2001

FIFA World Player of the year for 2001- Luis Figo.  Second was Becks, third was Raul...

* He came second to Zidane in 2000.

So maybe the period is not exact but there was a brief moment that he was the best...somewhat unanimously.  The record will always show that.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 09:59:46 AM by kicker »

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 20, 2009, 10:58:13 AM »
allyuh men like to pull out stats eh.
Thank god for Google and wikipedia
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 29, 2009, 08:22:32 AM »
Eight new faces in Italy squads

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/9621026/Eight-new-faces-in-Italy-squads

ROME (AP) - Eight newcomers and the return of midfielder Gennaro Gattuso featured in two Italy squads named by coach Marcello Lippi on Thursday.

One squad was for the friendly with Northern Ireland in Pisa on June 6, and the other for the Confederations Cup in South Africa.

Lippi announced 13 of the 23 players for the Confederations Cup with the other 10 set to be named next Thursday.

World champion Italy plays New Zealand in a friendly in South Africa on June 10 ahead of its opening Confederations match against the United States in Pretoria on June 15.

Lippi promised 'miracles' in his squad and delivered.

The biggest surprise was 18 year-old Inter Milan leftback Davide Santon, who made his first team debut only in January and was a regular member of the side that won the Serie A. :applause: :applause:

Strikers Sergio Pellissier, who racked 13 goals to help save his team from relegation, and Giuseppe Mascara also were rewarded for impressive seasons.

"It is a dream, a fantastic dream," Pellissier said. "It is just what I wanted to cap a magnificent season. It is a victory for me and all my teammates, for everyone at Chievo."

Mascara's callup followed a season in which his dozen goals helped Catania to a highly respectable 15th place in the league table.

Cagliari's Federico Marchetti, Lecce defender Andrea Esposito, Palermo's Mattia Cassani, Catania's Marco Biagianti and Siena's Daniele Galloppa were the other new faces.

Gattuso, who has been out since knee ligament surgery in December, returned to AC Milan this month and was likely to play against Northern Ireland then travel to South Africa only if he comes through without problems.

Roster vs. Northern Ireland:

Goalkeepers: Morgan De Sanctis (Galatasaray), Federico Marchetti (Cagliari).

Defenders: Mattia Cassani (Palermo), Andrea Dossena (Liverpool), Alessandro Gamberini (Fiorentina), Fabio Grosso (Lyon), Andrea Esposito (Lecce), Nicola Legrottaglie (Juventus), Davide Santon (Inter Milan).

Midfielders: Marco Biagianti (Catania), Matteo Brighi (AS Roma), Gaetano D'Agostino (Udinese), Daniele Galloppa (Siena), Gennaro Gattuso (AC Milan), Riccardo Montolivo (Fiorentina), Angelo Palombo (Sampdoria), Pasquale Foggia (Lazio).

Forwards: Giuseppe Mascara (Catania), Giampaolo Pazzini (Sampdoria), Sergio Pellissier (Chievo Verona), Giuseppe Rossi (Villareal).

Roster for The Confederations Cup:

Goalkeepers: Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus), Marco Amelia (Palermo).

Defenders: Fabio Cannavaro (Real Madrid), Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus), Gianluca Zambrotta (AC Milan).

Midfielders: Mauro Camoranesi (Juventus), Daniele De Rossi (AS Roma), Simone Pepe (Udinese), Andrea Pirlo (AC Milan).

Forwards: Alberto Gilardino (Fiorentina), Vincenzo Iaquinta (Juventus), Fabio Quagliarella (Udinese), Luca Toni (Bayern Munich).

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 31, 2009, 11:58:00 AM »
Goodbye to a legend.

Luís Filipe Madeira Caeiro Figo :salute: :salute:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/OpejWaFI9Bk&amp;hl" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/OpejWaFI9Bk&amp;hl</a>

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 31, 2009, 12:42:30 PM »
Goodbye to a legend.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/OpejWaFI9Bk&amp;hl" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/OpejWaFI9Bk&amp;hl</a>

Sad to see him go...

My second favorite player of all time (close 2nd to R9).

legend!!

Some massive names stepping out of the game this season boy...
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 12:44:30 PM by kicker »

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 31, 2009, 12:47:17 PM »
Goodbye to a legend.

This shyte was hard to watch!......one of the most excting games of the season, though.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline scarface

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 31, 2009, 03:24:34 PM »
if that was emotional what u go say for neddy  :'(
man roll back the year for this game & when he came off was one of the saddest thing i had to whitness as a juve fan

HIS FINAL EXIT at 86' on 31/05/09 juve-lazio, stadio olimpico, turin
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5xhZDCRDFL8&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/5xhZDCRDFL8&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

AFTER THE MATCH
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/TX13d-21YPE&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/TX13d-21YPE&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/JRf8_9BqGCs&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/JRf8_9BqGCs&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

if is all da emotions and ting for neddy, i eh no what we go de the day DP eventually has to go nah

GRANDE PAVEL, LA FURIA CECA...GRAZIE
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 03:42:31 PM by scarface »

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 31, 2009, 05:56:39 PM »
ah get emotional wit dis one...neddy ah go rel rel rell miss yuh...Legend!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 31, 2009, 07:05:06 PM »
i watch the 1st half of the Juve game. Every time Nedved touched the ball, the crowd real make noise. every touch. dat was 50% for being a general and 50% for not leaving when the club went down. I see Cannavaro returning to Juve. Man have some serious minerals. Need to see the crowd reaction in his first game back. Nedved..the man who make Juve fans not miss Zidane

Offline TriniItalian

• Sr. Warrior
  • Never Wait to Procrastinate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 31, 2009, 07:55:32 PM »
Ibracadabra start the season with wicked inprovs and end it with an inprov (and 25 goals) man waz clearly the best goal scorer this season, even when then man was off the flecking pig skin it was madness who could forget that flicking flipping spinkick back heel through ball to stankovic down the line....
A.W.A.T.T. INFORMANT

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 31, 2009, 10:24:51 PM »
Wow!

Didn't realize Nedved hung up the boots today as well... damn... Football really turned a big corner this season with Maldini, Figo, Nedved & Tugay (possibly more) stepping down.  All massive icons in the game- competitive to their last day...

Nedved will go down as one of the best of the best...My understanding is that Karel Bruckner literally begged him to come out of retirement  last WC for their do or die qualifying match against Norway...the rest is history....terrible hair, tremendous talent...

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 31, 2009, 10:32:48 PM »
Wow!

Didn't realize Nedved hung up the boots today as well... damn... Football really turned a big corner this season with Maldini, Figo, Nedved & Tugay (possibly more) stepping down.  All massive icons in the game- competitive to their last day...

Nedved will go down as one of the best of the best...My understanding is that Karel Bruckner literally begged him to come out of retirement  last WC for their do or die qualifying match against Norway...the rest is history....terrible hair, tremendous talent...

aammmm...i know u was trying to make a point with guys retiring but please dont call Tugay in them men category....
he good..but not in them fellas league at all

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 01, 2009, 08:23:39 AM »
Wow!

aammmm...i know u was trying to make a point with guys retiring but please dont call Tugay in them men category....
he good..but not in them fellas league at all

Tugay is a legend breds.  Footballing icon in Eastern Europe....Been a marshall in the game since the 80's, in the days when Galatasaray was a competitive unit in Europe...By your comments I'm guessing you're judging him by the fact that he didn't play at Man U, Barca, Madrid, Milan (or an "elite" club) and that the most you've seen of him is in the twilight of his career.  Because if you've actually seen him play at his best yuh would wash yuh mouth.....If yuh want yuh could read up on him and see what highly regarded footballing peers have to say about him....Granted he's not nearly as celebrated as some of the others...and even if not as good by your estimation, his retirement is still very noteworthy.

1]; } ?>