April 19, 2024, 02:44:49 AM

Author Topic: Serie A Thread  (Read 47396 times)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Serie A 08-09
« Reply #210 on: June 01, 2009, 09:24:59 AM »
Wow!

Didn't realize Nedved hung up the boots today as well... damn... Football really turned a big corner this season with Maldini, Figo, Nedved & Tugay (possibly more) stepping down.  All massive icons in the game- competitive to their last day...

Nedved will go down as one of the best of the best...My understanding is that Karel Bruckner literally begged him to come out of retirement  last WC for their do or die qualifying match against Norway...the rest is history....terrible hair, tremendous talent...

aammmm...i know u was trying to make a point with guys retiring but please dont call Tugay in them men category....
he good..but not in them fellas league at all

Tugay is a legend breds.  Footballing icon in Eastern Europe....Been a marshall in the game since the 80's, in the days when Galatasaray was a competitive unit in Europe...By your comments I'm guessing you're judging him by the fact that he didn't play at Man U, Barca, Madrid, Milan (or an "elite" club) and that the most you've seen of him is in the twilight of his career.  Because if you've actually seen him play at his best yuh would wash yuh mouth.....If yuh want yuh could read up on him and see what highly regarded footballing peers have to say about him....Granted he's not nearly as celebrated as some of the others...and even if not as good by your estimation, his retirement is still very noteworthy.

Yeah, Kicker, but he hasn't "won" anything so clearly your points hold no merit.  ;)

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 01, 2009, 10:30:38 AM »
Wow!

Didn't realize Nedved hung up the boots today as well... damn... Football really turned a big corner this season with Maldini, Figo, Nedved & Tugay (possibly more) stepping down.  All massive icons in the game- competitive to their last day...

Yuh know yuh gettin old when all yuh football heroes retire or drop out de limelight. :)
I doh know if I biased but I find the quality of the current top players is not as good as Figo/Zidane/Ronaldo/Rivaldo/Nedved/Maldini

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 01, 2009, 11:12:40 AM »
Wow!

Yuh know yuh gettin old when all yuh football heroes retire or drop out de limelight. :)
I doh know if I biased but I find the quality of the current top players is not as good as Figo/Zidane/Ronaldo/Rivaldo/Nedved/Maldini

ent!

actually yuh know yuh getting old when yuh favorite players' offspring playing club ball. Like how Ewing son playing college ball... I feel I might get a mid-life crisis on the day that Christian Maldini throw on ah AC Milan jersey. :-\

personally, i wondering if is nostalgia as well but back in those times they were about 5 players capable of taking a game by the scruff of the neck and dominating. Rivaldo, Figo, Ronaldo, Zidane, Effenberg and maybe Nedved.. When them men turn up to play it just didnt make sense.

Now is only really Messi and Kaka i would class in that category. Ronaldo yet to show me he could have the same kinda impact in a big game that a Rivaldo used to have. Could be better tactics in football nowadays too.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 01, 2009, 11:47:33 AM »
Wow!

ent!

actually yuh know yuh getting old when yuh favorite players' offspring playing club ball. Like how Ewing son playing college ball... I feel I might get a mid-life crisis on the day that Christian Maldini throw on ah AC Milan jersey. :-\

personally, i wondering if is nostalgia as well but back in those times they were about 5 players capable of taking a game by the scruff of the neck and dominating. Rivaldo, Figo, Ronaldo, Zidane, Effenberg and maybe Nedved.. When them men turn up to play it just didnt make sense.

Now is only really Messi and Kaka i would class in that category. Ronaldo yet to show me he could have the same kinda impact in a big game that a Rivaldo used to have. Could be better tactics in football nowadays too.

I think it's mostly nostalgia. Of all the names you call there, is only Ronaldo was on the radar when he was Messi and C.Ronaldo age. Not saying the latter two more talented or will become better players than the killers yuh call dey, but yuh have to give the youths a chance and see what they do over their whole careers when they hit their 30s. By that time, their 'generation' may also include a host of players you eh even hear about yet, or who still developing, like Pato. But is not all nostalgia. No matter how many come through from the current/future crop, players like Ronaldo and Zidane doh come by every 'generation'.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Serie A 2011/2012 Thread
« Reply #214 on: August 18, 2011, 05:09:56 PM »

This year’s Serie A, promises to be an interesting and entertaining season , as clubs have now regained their momentum after years of difficulty, after Calciopoli which rocked Italian football for years. AC Milan, ended Inter’s dominance of the Italian league by winning their 18th League Championship, ahead of Inter Milan and have recently won the Coppa Italia, which puts them as firm favorites for this year’s Serie A. Teams like Juventus and Roma, have been busy in the transfer window ahead of the new season, and have bought some excellent players. This promises to be a fascinating Serie A.

AC Milan

After their Championship-winning season, AC Milan, have reinforced their squad with two excellent defensive additions in Taye Taiwo and Phillipe Mexes, who were both bought from Olympique Marseille and AS Roma, respectively, on a free transfer. Taye Taiwo, reinforces the left back role, which has long been a problem for AC Milan as they have suffered without a quality left back, for a number of seasons ever since Calciopoli, so Taiwo is a great signing for the club. Phillipe Mexes is another quality addition to Milan’s squad as he provides an excellent option at centre back, alongside both the excellent Thiago Silva and the legendary Alessandro Nesta, as well as the reliable Mario Yepes.

Milan have done well in keeping their star player, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who scored in the Super Cup win over Inter Milan. Ibrahimovic, had a major role in helping Milan win the title, with his goals and assists, giving the extra edge Milan needed to win the title. Not only did AC Milan do well to keep Ibra, but also Kevin-Prince Boateng, who’s dynamic and physical approach, fruitful in AC Milan’s successful season.
AC Milan have done well this summer and in winning the Super Cup ahead of Inter, they must be considered as strong favourite to lift the title next season.

Challengers: Inter Milan, Juventus, AS Roma, Napoli, and Lazio

Inter Milan

First, let’s start with Inter Milan, who recently lost the Coppa Italia to rivals, AC Milan. The club have been going through all summer, with the Wesley Sneijder transfer saga and whether or not, he’ll leave for Manchester United. Inter Milan, reinforced their squad by signing talented Argentinian playmaker, Ricardo Alvarez, from Velez Sarsfield. Alvarez has shown promise and his ability, by scoring 3 goals in 5 matches in pre-season and it seems like he’s an excellent buy for the Nerazzuri. Inter, haven’t really splashed out on players, unlike in previous seasons, and have spent more time dealing with rumoured departures, especially regarding star player Wesley Sneijder.

I believe that they need to focus on reinforcing their defence, as most of their defenders are 30 or older, and could do well with young, quality defenders for the future. But their main focus, definitely should be on keeping and holding on to key players like Wesley Sneijder and Samuel Eto’o, who has also been linked with a move away and was arguably Inter’s best and most influential player last season.
Keeping them both will be key and important for Inter’s progress this season, as well as the players settling into new coach, Gian Piero Gasparini, new tactics and formation. If Inter can bring in a few more reinforcements, especially in defence, and adapt to Gasperini’s tactics as quickly as possible, then Inter will be strong challengers this season.

Juventus

Juventus, as usual, have spent quite heavily this summer, especially on making loan deals official, e.g. Fabio Quagliarella, Alessandro Matri, Simone Pepe, Marco Motta, etc., and are still trying to tie up a deal for Alberto Aquilani. Juventus, though, have done well in bringing in excellent players in the form of Chilean international midfielder, Arturo Vidal, Italian international midfielder, Andrea Pirlo, Mirko Vucinic and Swiss international full back, Stefan Lichtsteiner, all bought from both Bayer Leverkusen, AC Milan, AS Roma and Lazio. They’re two excellent additions to Juve’s squad and I’m sure they’ll be very successful with Juventus.

Vidal is one of the most consistent, versatile and talented midfielders or holding midfielders around. Andrea Pirlo is a player who suffered with fitness and injury problems last season, but still has a lot to offer and if he stays fit, will be an inspired signing. Mirko Vucinic is a talented player, who can also play on the wing; he’s skilful and also good on the air and has a strong character. Question marks remain over his consistency, but I still believe that he’s a good signing for Juventus.

While Lichtstenier is a hardworking full-back, who’s reliable and consistent as well and gives his all for the team. Another good addition is Reto Ziegler, who is a full-back arriving from relegated Sampdoria and like Lichtsteiner, is hard-working, reliable, and consistent and gives his all for the team. Despite these excellent additions especially as it will benefit Juve’s defensive side of the game, a bit more needs to be done to make the team strong challengers for the title. They still need an attack minded playmaker, Alberto Aquilani is their main target in that position, but with Juve unwilling to pay up for his services, they need to look for other options.

There are encouraging reports that Juventus are on the verge of signing Hamburg’s left winger, Eljero Elia, who would be a great addition to Juventus’s squad as they’ll now have two explosive wingers to rely on (Elia and Milos Krasic). Juventus are also starting the new season with a new, young coach in Antonio Conte and with the excellent signings the club has brought in so far, things are looking positive for next season.

Roma

Roma are a club under new ownership and with a new look this season. They have a new young coach in Barcelona legend, Luis Enrique and have made some shrewd, young buys this season in Erik Lamela and Bojan Krkic, who both arrive from River Plate and Barcelona respectively. They both have the talent and ability to be great signings for the club.

Their best signing, however, has to be Maarten Stekelenburg, who’s a proven, world-class keeper and a definite upgrade over Cristiano Doni  and Julio Sergio (who both have left to Liverpool and Lecce, respectively). Despite this excellent signing, I believe that Roma must buy reinforcements for their defence, especially after the loss of Phillipe Mexes to Roma and the poor form of both Juan and Nicolas Burdisso. They’ve signed a new full back in Jose Angel, from Espanyol, who is
Roma need to also focus on reinforcing the right full-back position, which is being held by the ageing Marco Cassetti, who was woeful last season.

The loss of star player, Mirko Vucinic, might be a blow to their title aspirations, but if Lamela and Bojan settle quickly, then the loss of Vucinic will not affect the team.
Roma can still play a role and challenge for the title, but they need to settle to their new coach’s methods and tactics, as well as bringing in some new, quality players. If they do that before the transfer window closes, then they’ll definitely challenge for the title.

Napoli

Napoli were the surprise of last season, going all the way and ending up in third place behind champions AC Milan and Inter. They have an impressive three-way partnership in Edison Cavani, who was one of the sensations of last season scoring 26 goals in 35 Serie A appearances, Ezequiel Lavezzi who was one of the biggest assist-makers last season with 14 and of course, Marek Hamsik, who’s one of the best young midfielders in all of Europe. They also have two of the most-hardworking and underrated players in Serie A, in full back/winger Christian Maggio and central midfielder, Walter Gargano.

Napoli have improved this summer with the acquisition of Gokhan Inler from Udinese, who’s their biggest acquisition so far and will definitely improve the side with his tenacity, excellent passing, tackling and as well as his good right foot. We also must not forget, their powerful Colombian full-back, Juan Zuniga, whom I highly rate.

Napoli have also brought in Miguel Britos from Bologna and Marcos Santana from Fiorentina, to add depth to an already excellent squad. In my opinion, though, the defence needs to be reinforced. Their captain, Paulo Cannavaro, isn’t the best of defenders and has looked shaky at times with Napoli. Hugo Campagnaro is a good defender, but not a defender that can help win a team trophies, and the same applies to Salvatore Aronica.
If they improve their defence and maybe even bringing in a quality goalkeeper, I expect them to make a very serious challenge for the title.

Lazio

Lazio started last season by storm and topped the table for several weeks, before they began to stutter and lose crucial points and ended in fifth last season, after a strong challenge for a Champions League place with Udinese. The club has lost two key players in Uruguayan goalkeeper, Fernando Muslera, to Galatasaray and full-back, Stefan Lichtsteiner, to Juventus. Despite that, Lazio have signed Federico Marchetti, as a replacement for Muslera from Cagliari, Aboulay Konko, as a replacement for Lichtsteiner, from Genoa, Lorik Cana, a tough and reliable holding midfielder from Galatasaray and two strikers, Djibril Cisse and Miroslav Klose, from Panathinaikos and Bayern Munich respectively, who if they can settle in to their new surroundings, can be very successful signings and can provide the club with plenty of goals this season.

Lazio, in my opinion, have done all right this summer, they might have lost two key players but they brought some reinforcements and good additions to improve the squad. I believe they can try to improve their central defence and buy someone with a bit more quality. They have acquired Marius Stankevicius from Sampdoria, but he’s more of a squad player and not a player that can help a team seriously challenge for the title.

I have high hopes for their talented defender, Modibo Diakite, to continue to improve as he huge potential to become a top player for the club. Lazio can challenge for the title, especially if their new signings settle in quickly and if they can bring in a quality defender and keep star players like Mauro Zarate, Cristian Ledesma, Hernanes, etc.

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2011/08/serie-a-20112012-scudetto-preview/
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 05:11:47 PM by mukumsplau »

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Serie A 2011/2012 Thread
« Reply #215 on: August 18, 2011, 05:25:48 PM »
Italian Supercup claimed by AC Milan on the 6th August defeating Inter 2 - 1 at the Bird's Nest.

Trofeo TIM played out today. A triangular tournament between AC, Inter & Juventus. Inter won the tourney.

1st 45: Juve 1 - 1 Inter (Inter wins 6-7 on penalties); 2nd 45: Juve  2 - 1 AC Milan; 3rd 45: AC Milan 0 - 1 Inter

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-VQTHk6cRz4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-VQTHk6cRz4</a>

Juventus have improved with our new system (4-2-4; 4-3-3) and new mentality, hunger and fitness being drilled into them by Antonio Conte. Not to mention a few of the new signings are lifting the side..Lichsteiner, Pirlo, Vidal, Vucinic especially. Still in need of a starting Left Winger and Centre-back (Aex, Lugano, Coates mentioned) and to dispose of alot of dead weight.

Forza Juve!!!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 06:08:38 PM by mukumsplau »

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 21, 2011, 12:39:08 PM »
Trofeo Berlusconi : AC Milan vs Juventus @ the San Siro

Formations:

AC Milan
Abbiati, Abate, Nesta, Bonera, Taiwo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Seedorf, Emanuelson, Kevin Prince Boateng, Cassano.

JUVENTUS
Buffon, Lichtateiner, Bonucci, Chiellini, De Ceglie, Marchisio, Pirlo, Krasic, Matri, Vucinic, Vidal.

milan.com

http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/79845/1/watch-ac-milan-vs-juventus.html
http://atdhenet.tv/38837/watch-ac-milan-vs-juventus

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 21, 2011, 01:52:11 PM »
Seedorf is still such a great player.  It's very hard to get the ball from him and he does not make bad passes.  Prince and Seedorf with 2 great goals so far.
This small side in black and white not up to it.

Right after I post that Juve start to rain all kinda shots and crosses into the Milan box and score 1 to boot.
2nd half has been Juve's.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 02:38:50 PM by Peong »

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 08, 2011, 09:20:54 AM »
gorm boy i hadda keep pullin dis thread out from d archives..

anyway...

could be the start of something new and the first step on a long road in the revitalising italian football..

today is the inauguration of mih side new football stadium...dont know the name now it will probably be unveiled later during the ceremony. capacity 41,000..unconfirmed that it can be expanded to 55k if necessary..

we spent 120mil and the stadio will earn us about 32-35mil each year, and WHEN we make it back to the champions league itll of course pull in more money..

will post pictures when i get a lil more more patience later

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 09, 2011, 04:21:43 AM »

« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 09:25:21 AM by mukumsplau »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 09, 2011, 06:42:42 AM »
Nice touch by yuh club, honoring Notts County  :beermug:

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 10, 2011, 06:41:43 AM »
Milan eh look good at all, but dam Cassano is a baller. Movement, technique in tight space and vision to kill.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 10, 2011, 08:45:30 AM »
So who wore black and white stripes on the day?

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 10, 2011, 08:52:55 AM »
Milan eh look good at all, but dam Cassano is a baller. Movement, technique in tight space and vision to kill.

Milan not defending in the middle of the field.  They only defending when the ball gets into their defensive 3rd.  They also missed the deep lying orchestrator which has always been part of their game.  No Seedorf last night plus he getting over the hill, and Pirlo gone - not sure who is gonna step into that role.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 10, 2011, 08:55:18 AM »
So who wore black and white stripes on the day?

Juve... Notts wore a blue on blue, sky blue kit with powder blue stripes.

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #225 on: September 11, 2011, 06:21:02 AM »
 :sleepy: wake up 6:30 to watch Juve open d stadium in Serie A against Parma this morning...we win 4-1 so its definitely been worth it. 4 different scorers with men like Vidal scoring on debut. Happy we could open the stadium so emphatically, men was givin me talk about the Notts County game but this is what counts. Also great to see the stadium full and I hope it stays so for the season, too long it upsettin me to see Italy most supported team with so many empty seats. Glad we take the lead in Italy in terms of new stadium, will truly help us.
On the field it will do Conte well having this result because journalists would call for his head after one bad game. Juve squad deep this year, and with no European football he have a task to pick a team every week. I have only one worry after watching this game, Pirlo has been far and away the best player today. I'm sorry but he is not the guy I want the team depending on, I want him like Giggs on Man Utd where we use him for big games. Don't want us have to rely on those legs for a long season. To my fellow Juve supporters, we can't think about title yet but on this display we looking good for a CL return so  :beermug:
It's only kinky the 1st time

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 11, 2011, 06:53:22 AM »
excellent performance...pirlo is absolute class...milan must be cursing themselves for letting him go and bringing in aquilani who is such a pussy. glad to have lichsteiner in defence as i used to envy lazio all these years for having him...great way to open the stadium competitively...arturo vidal..whats more can be said of this player? he can play support striker/attacking midfield/centre mid/defensive mid/left back/centre back...i absolutely love this player...i hope we keep up our performances week in week out...no europe in d middle of d week is a blessing in disguise..get into CL nex year and buy more solid players and we inna gear...ah love mih juve!!!

downsides..giacherrini invisible but probably bummy...de ceglie i already doh like him and make it worse grosso might start next game..

and we also have elia, quagliarella and estigarribia to come een so once everyone on form things lookin good..conte will have a headache to select players...

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 11, 2011, 08:30:52 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/KuKKQoqz9oI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/KuKKQoqz9oI</a>

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 11, 2011, 10:10:52 AM »
I knew from the time I heard we sold Pirlo that it would be a regretful decision.
Pirlo is pure class, vision even in the dark, dead ball specialist and creative from deep or further forward. Fa#k
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

giggsy11

« Reply #229 on: September 11, 2011, 02:36:24 PM »
Palermo well wukin Inter over! 4-2. Goal number 4 Inter's keeper aint even make an attempt!

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 11, 2011, 02:43:37 PM »
Really good game of football palermo holds on 4-3. The free kick by Miccoli was the highlight to me

Offline TRUwarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 11, 2011, 05:03:19 PM »
Pirlo issa bawse

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #232 on: September 11, 2011, 07:39:00 PM »
I knew from the time I heard we sold Pirlo that it would be a regretful decision.
Pirlo is pure class, vision even in the dark, dead ball specialist and creative from deep or further forward. Fa#k
Pirlo issa bawse

Pirlo was at his absolute best today. I'm just not gonna get too excited by it. Season now start, when the wear and tear start to hit he not gonna be able to maintain that level. That's why I said earlier I hope Conte uses him like Giggs, I don't want to see him starting every game. Gotta be smart with a guy like that (same for Del Piero), not being in Europe helps as mukumsplau said though.
Beside Europe, the stadium gonna help too in a big way. Was a bess vibe I see in the stands this morning, hope they maintain that. Fellaz like Matri look hungry this morning, I don't like Pepe but he real play too.

Really good game of football palermo holds on 4-3. The free kick by Miccoli was the highlight to me

Watch this game as well. I not worried about Inter, they will take time to adjust to that new system. It was weird seeing Forlan not play centrally but he did well suprisingly. The passing move for the Hernandez goal was bess too...not only d freekick. Palermo look good still despite selling Pastore.
It's only kinky the 1st time

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 16, 2011, 07:57:24 PM »
interesting weekend of serie a football...last weekend provided 35 goals in the round...this week sees some really nice and exciting matchups...inter take on roma in a battle of two sides that have been unimpressive ..two underfire coaches..how shall they fare? then its the big one napoli v ac milan in that cauldron called the san paolo stadium.expect a capacity crown for that one..

expect alot of goals in this round as well

forza serie a!!!

Saturday
16:00 GMT   Cagliari    v    Novara           Stadio San Elia
18:45 GMT   Internazionale    v    AS Roma   Stadio Giuseppe Meazza

Sunday
10:30 GMT   Atalanta    v    Palermo           Atleti Azzurri d'Italia
13:00 GMT   Bologna    v    Lecce   Stadio        Renato Della`Ara
13:00 GMT   Catania    v    Cesena           Stadio Angelo Massimino
13:00 GMT   Lazio    v    Genoa                   Stadio Olimpico
13:00 GMT   Parma    v    Chievo Verona   Stadio Ennio Tardini
13:00 GMT   Siena    v    Juventus                   Artemio Franchi
13:00 GMT   Udinese    v    Fiorentina           Stadio Friuli
18:45 GMT   Napoli    v    AC Milan                   Stadio San Paolo

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 16, 2011, 08:03:44 PM »
New wiretap transforms Calciopoli'

Luciano Moggi claims his lawyers have “uncovered a wiretap that transforms the whole Calciopoli trial. It was specifically to get Juventus out of the way.”
The disgraced former Juventus director general was the main figure in the 2006 scandal that saw the club demoted to Serie B and stripped of two Scudetti.

He is now going through the civil courts over the same allegations and his legal team dug up numerous wiretapped phone calls that were originally ignored by the sporting justice system.

“On Thursday night we uncovered a wiretap that transforms the whole Calciopoli trial,” Moggi told 'Radio Manŕ Manŕ.

“I have only now learned to understand football, after all the wiretap transcripts I read. There are things that were as important as they were invisible, which I had been unable to grasp.

“The Calciopoli trial was already compromised, but after reading these latest wiretaps, everything has become clear.”

Moggi is called to testify in the Naples civil trial on September 27 and promises huge revelations.

“That day you will see the truth is the complete opposite of what you have been told up until now. That trial was dreamed up specifically to get Juventus out of the way and push others into the spotlight.”

Moggi’s lawyers have already dug up some revolutionary wiretaps from the original 2006 investigation that were either ignored by prosecutors or in some cases not even transcribed.

These included recordings of then-Inter President Giacinto Facchetti speaking to the refereeing designator.

The conversations were considered to violate the article on sporting fraud and the Disciplinary Commission recommended the 2006 Scudetto be stripped from Inter, but the FIGC could not take action because the statute of limitations had already expired.

Juventus are taking the matter to court and UEFA, urging the FIGC to take the title away from Inter and give it back to them along with the 2004-05 edition.

Football-Italia.net

--------------------

Antonio Conte's 10 commandments to return to glory:

1) THE MENTALITY '- At any time during the game Juve must impose their game. Against Parma minute 86 (4-0) Conte still urging to pressure on opponents and claimed to get a fifth goal by respect for the public and also to send a message to his players."you can always do better".

2) The SELF-ESTEEM -Winning helps you win, so you have to do it as often as possible. Juve must regain confidence in itself and strike fear in opponents .

3) THE GROUP - The selfish has no place in the group. The coaches and players go, Juventus remains. So only Juve counts. The personal satisfaction must come through the group. When you score a goal or when you win, you party all together. When you lose smiles are not allowed. It uses the 'we', not "I".

4) The OLDERS - Del Piero and Buffon are an example

5) WORK - Do not mess around in training, Football is passion, For Conte Work is above all In training, do not mess around, the fun comes when you apply the ideas of good play. The training is carried out in a manic, no breath, the maximum concentration must be from the first to the last minute.

6) TACTICS - Everyone knows what to do. Imagination is a good thing, but only in the last 15 20 meters. Before it's all organized, almost mechanized. From the left wing, right-back, each player knows what to do in any situation, being held or not held. You can not improvise,

7) THE GENIUS - Only Pirlo can break from the pack. Andrea Pirlo is so superior vision and technique wise to represent and add value for 4 2 4 Conte. Some thought that Pirlo would struggle to tune in to the technician: the opposite has happened, there was immediate understanding

8.) HUNGER - Conte has specifically wanted players with the greatest motivation. Apart from their technical values ​​:Vucinic, Lichtsteiner, Elia, Giaccherini, Estigarribia, Pacienza, and even for some elements already with this is the moment of truth: either win now and get big or you do not have another chance.

9) The STADUIM: - must become a living hell. The look of the staduim was enough to understand that it would be a great advantage. Conte has quickly caught the importance of the new stadium and forwarded to the team

10) BALANCE - Eye on the the weight of the players. Those who are overweight, even slightly, does not play. The rule applies to everyone and no one doubts that it is enforced.

La Gazetta

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 16, 2011, 08:07:31 PM »
Been seeing quite a bit of Lazio, between this early season stretch of games and Europa League... on present form Cisse appears to be the signing of the year in Serie A.  Ole man still bringing it boy, talk about transforming a club.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 19, 2011, 03:39:00 PM »

napoli are one of the great traditional sides of serie a...was very excited when they came back up and the play some very very good football...here they are again staking a claim with a demolition of milan at a rampacked san paolo..edinson cavani...long time i have run out of words to describe this matador...he is a prolific beast...aint too long b4 someone tries for him...only on 2 mil euros till 2016...other clubs can easily triple that...el matador cavani..

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/QoDE9dr8PpI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/QoDE9dr8PpI</a>

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Serie A 2011
« Reply #237 on: September 20, 2011, 04:36:49 PM »
Dam Inter seeing hell!!! They just lost again to Novara. Who??? Exactly! Could not happen to a better team  :rotfl:  :cheers:
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Serie A 2011
« Reply #238 on: September 20, 2011, 04:42:24 PM »
well done Sneijder ! great career choice

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Serie A 2011
« Reply #239 on: September 20, 2011, 04:51:32 PM »
like luciano moggi said, inter needs a next calciopoli to win a scudetto..well done agent gasperini...well done novara...good to know that juve is not the only Turin side that can put them to the sword..

1]; } ?>