April 25, 2024, 02:21:31 PM

Author Topic: Glenn told he's no loner needed  (Read 3019 times)

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Glenn told he's no loner needed
« on: August 17, 2005, 07:23:29 AM »
Yes fellas, dat was de headline i see in today's newsday.  Apparently it was a walter alibey exclusive.

It more or less states that Glenn received a fax from the TTFF informing him that his services were no longer needed by coach Beenhakker.

When contacted, the speedy striker admitted that the fax was received following the Gold Cup.  He said he was disappointed since he felt he has a lot to offer the team in the WCQs.  Glenn also added that when he got the letter, he was so annoyed that he crumpled it and threw it on the ground. 

When asked why he felt the coach dropped him he stated that he could not talk about that but "All i can say is that I do not fit into the coaches plans for the World Cup so i will concentrate on my football" Glenn said.

The letter also stated that Beenhakker will keep his eyes on him for a possible recall in the near future.

When contacted yesterday, Oliver Camps said that he knew nothing of the letter to glen but the coach was mandated to chose the players that he wanted.

The plot thickens...lol

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: Glenn told he's no loner needed
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 07:35:52 AM »
ah feeling that this may be not one so much about the ability or inability of the player, but one of attitude.

Look if you scoring and you believe that you have the ability as aplayer, it's difficult to sit on the bench or get limited playing time, yet another player playing that striker position missing opportunities, not scoring and yet the coach keeeps  him on  in the striker position!!!!

I eh know fuh sure but ah speculating taht soemthing like this went down. Who knows?

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 07:40:56 AM »
Something very fishy about that. I don't make sense and once again a lack of tact by the TTFF. Now later if Beenie needs to use him, the bridges are burned

Great going TTFF!!

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 07:44:36 AM »
First of all, the players used to cuss when they get drop and don't hear a word from the TTFF so I think it's a good thing that the TTFF informed Glen that he wouldn't be picked for the USA game.  A phonecall would be a bit more personal but a fax is good enough.

Second, from previous reports Beenie specifically mentioned Glen's name as one of the strikers he was considering but in the end he can only pick 4 and went with in-form Sealy instead. Glen will still get a look but he needs to produce for his club first like Sealy has done to get another chance.  Glen needs to really come good because we also have Hector Sam and Scotland in the mix.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2005, 07:47:30 AM »
the question must be asked arrow, did Hector Sam and Jason scotland receive faxes too?  Camps also mentioned that players are dropped for any one of the following reasons loss of form, injuries, or poor attitude!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2005, 07:52:34 AM »
definitely good to inform the player as arrow said.  maybe beenie or the manager should have called  and told him the decision and reason.

hard luck glenn-not your time-one way to make it happen get on the starting team at columbus and buss the net regularly and work on that 1st touch-man 1st touch like a elephant.
Jones, sealy doing their part so glenn have to cool it.  The coach love stern and yorke is the capt.

So no room or maybe glenn cuss out the coach pull a Tereel Owens,had a bad attitude.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2005, 08:08:30 AM »
I still find se story kinda fishy... I totally belioeve that he should be informed, rather than not see you name in the newspapers.. I know a fax machine ain't no big ting, but what glen doing with a fax??? I surprise the TTFF even know the fax number. Normally yuh does give out your home number or cell but a fax number...

Anyway keep your head up and don't despair, their is nothing a little hard work and a good attitude cyah resolve. See you in the T&T team soon...

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2005, 08:32:11 AM »
Based on this report..it stated that Beenhakker will keep his eyes on Glen for a possible recall in the near future.  So it might be the case that the fax is referring to his services are not needed for the US game and possibly the Guatemala game based on the current form of Jones and Sealy but he(Glen) is still in contention for a place in later matches.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2005, 08:38:00 AM »
One line
It more or less states that Glenn received a fax from the TTFF informing him that his services were no longer needed by coach Beenhakker

A next line
The letter also stated that Beenhakker will keep his eyes on him for a possible recall in the near future

I need a word with walter alibey
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2005, 08:50:38 AM »
One line
It more or less states that Glenn received a fax from the TTFF informing him that his services were no longer needed by coach Beenhakker

A next line
The letter also stated that Beenhakker will keep his eyes on him for a possible recall in the near future

I need a word with walter alibey

I cant tell if he was dropped for this game for from the team completely?
If it was for the next game(s) is that normal procedure to inform a player he has not been selected or only to contact those who have been selected.
If he has infact been dropped from the team for th rest of this campaigne then something deeper must have transpired.

i need answers!!

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2005, 09:41:58 AM »
De man gt de pink slip.. well in his case.. a white slip with streaks of ink(fax)

PERSSURE!!!>  I feel it runs deeper.!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline troy piloy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2005, 09:55:40 AM »
Some how i have to take this with a pinch of salt ???, because NEWSDAY does sensationalize stories some times. I think he "fax" he got was saying that he was not selected for this game and not the whole campaign.
Why would Beenie man state he had to choose between Scott and Glenn as the 4th striker in the squad ???

Don't worry you keep working hard & improving at your club, you will get your call
Senior Advisor to AWATT's Intelligence Unit

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2005, 10:05:09 AM »
Yeah before this thing turn into a sensational story, one has to have some facts. At a time like this when we have limited player resources of the calibre of Glen, it would seem ignoramus that the TTFF would simply state to a player that he is no longer part of the team.

I would surmise that if that was the case, there had to be mitigating and detrimental reasoning to get to that decision. However if it was just for this game, them that is another matter. We need to be mindful and respectful of the efforts, time, commitment and service that some of these players are giving  for TNT.
Take heed of philosophical constructs as we deal with daily matters.

Practical Wisdom: Knowing the right thing to do in a particular circumstance through understanding the circumstance rightly, knowing what matters, and effective means-end reasoning to bring about what matters.

Theoretical Wisdom: Knowledge of things that don't change. In ethics this is about what is really right and wrong, what is living well and living badly.

Moral Virtue: A state of character in which we are disposed to feel things in accordance with the mean.

Mean: To feel things in accordance with the mean is to feel them in the right way, to the right person, at the right time, for the right reason.

Eudaimonia: Happiness, or flourishing, or living well.

Weak-Willed: A person is weak-willed if they don't do what they think they should do.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2005, 10:06:52 AM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2005, 10:19:25 AM »
See ah tell allyuh we need a body like this......so that players don't get hard feelings and feel used

We need an organisation like this

Purpose is to
1. Help our internationals know that the nation is thinking of them and wishing them success. 
2. Serve as the middle ground between the players and the administrations, i.e. TTFA, coaching staff etc...
3. Increase the nos. of players willing to represent the nation in internationals.
4. Increase national pride

How......
Basic Hospitality and organisation.......
1.  Find out every international players birthday and never forget to send a gift and a call from the nation.  Send a coconut for them to buss and drink or some Julie mango for them to lick-up.
2.  When they doing well and scoring call them and tell them that as a nation you proud and which them success.
3.  When things not going so well call them still and say something.
4.  When they coming home offer them a drop home.

This shouldn't take more than 2 people on the payroll......
and at most $100,000 TT...........
Ah mean, how much internationals we have outside?  100?  Tallman?

This organisation should be the one making the first contact when the nation is interested in a player.  Upon player interest to play, coaches and Admin (TTFA) should get involved.

Then they should take the modle and duplicate it for college based players. 
This should be run by the government because when our players do well T&T gets marketed not TTFA....

Even if a player is not picked he wouldn't feel abandoned by the nation. 
E.g. We treat Latas real bad and now the man just overs that stress.

We need to start cherishing our players and not just abusing them.  It is real dotishness to think that God give a man all that football skills so that you and I could say that we qualify for the world cup.  What about his needs.  A basic life principle: If you want your vision to succeed help someone with theirs'. 
If we treated your players like this tell me who eh coming to play when you call them

Feel free to refine and redefine.  Wha allyuh think?

In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2005, 10:28:15 AM »
The newsday is notorious for printing stories before the facts are clear. Sounds to me like the man probably get a fax saying that he not needed for the game, for the most...not for the whole campaign. And Beenie probably tell the others like Sam and Scotland too, tha's probably why Portvale say Sam will be playing later on cause everybody  probably get a generic letter saying "your services are not currently needed but you will be kept in mind " or something so.

From the rumour mill now:  my brethren claim Cornell is his best friend. I spoke to him at the Windies Strike Squad game and ask him what going on on with Cornell? he cuss the coach or something? He tell me he ask Cornell the same thing and Glenn say nah is nothing so, he doh know why he eh get pick. But he never mention nothing about receiving any fax...

I could ratify the man know cornell and in regular contact with him because he always getting texts about how much 'ho he brush whenever he score (or wheneva for that matter coz D Crew have some real groupies...even in Stern and Ancil era you was hearing some nasty stories with them men.) But even though the man real close to Glenn that is still no guarantee that Cornell will betray dressing room code and talk about if anything went on with Beenieman so allyuh could take this info with a pinch of salt as well.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2005, 11:05:09 AM »
At least he was informed officially that he would not be considered for this game.

Also if you look at it from a coaches point of view his ommission is justified.

Kenwyne is in form, Sealy is in form and DESERVES his call up. Dwight is our big player and well the only person who doe deserve a place there on form is Stern..............but we know stern not getting displaced so is a hard luck for cornell.

Lets hope he starts scoring and we may see him in time for Guatemala.

I ent see what the fuss about, besides Newsday is a few sentences shy of a Tabloid newspaper. It ranking slightly above Punch and Bomb and on Par with the Mirror.

Doe study this........and Andre, Print the article nah man, cut and paste or type out a few MORE paragraphs. Do this nah because what you have is a setta men working up theyself on a lil piece of data and speculating about a non issue.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2005, 11:51:13 AM »
If he was only not selected for this game, that aint no big deal, everybody cyah get pick every game (except Stern and Cyd it seems), if however he was dropped thats different cause its not that deep that we could be dismissing men entriely, unless its for behavior detrimental to the team or program. Lets hope not.

As for dropping hints about men off field extra carricular activities, I for one think that is dangerous as one never knows who is reading these post. For all we know Cornell might have a gyal and her brother is a fourmite.

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2005, 01:29:52 PM »
That whole thing sounding fishy. You know how much times people take things out of context.

Wait and see........ a completely new story coming out in a few days
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2005, 01:34:06 PM »
Yeah no scene with the personal info, we'll all keep it in mind for the future...but like i said is all rumours and talk so ppl shouldn't take it as law.

Just like Newsday reports....I agree with Cowen, u will see something more coming out to contradict that report in the next couple of days probably.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

1]; } ?>