April 24, 2024, 09:56:17 AM

Author Topic: can a trini buy a football club?  (Read 3662 times)

Offline arif

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
can a trini buy a football club?
« on: September 08, 2007, 11:41:51 AM »
what trini could buy a football club in the uk? and which club would you like the to buy

Offline Tha G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Anytime is trini time, cyah wait to buss ah lime
    • View Profile
Re: can a trini buy a football club?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 12:12:47 PM »
I think, maybe Brian Lara and yorke together with some bigshot scamps might have ah chance, and still might only be able to get ah sman to mid grade club

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 12:20:56 PM »
I think, maybe Brian Lara and yorke together with some bigshot scamps might have ah chance, and still might only be able to get ah sman to mid grade club

It have some seriously rich Trinbagonians.  Lara & Yorke dem makin chump change compared to dem peeps.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Tha G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Anytime is trini time, cyah wait to buss ah lime
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 12:32:58 PM »
true but how much of them real rich men go really want to buy a club? Look at how much rich people in de USA, and how much of those MLS clubs owned by an individual? mot many, actually most mls clubs owned by companys. so, I think, my opinion, Lara and yorke, and some of they rich friends for the financial backing, have the best chance, if intrested to own a profesional football club in UK.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 12:37:20 PM »
true but how much of them real rich men go really want to buy a club? Look at how much rich people in de USA, and how much of those MLS clubs owned by an individual? mot many, actually most mls clubs owned by companys. so, I think, my opinion, Lara and yorke, and some of they rich friends for the financial backing, have the best chance, if intrested to own a profesional football club in UK.

Yuh right.....more than likely whoever want to buy would be a sports fan, and particularly a football fan, at heart.

But like any other business.....yuh want to make money.  Not sure what the ROI on a football club would be compared to other industries.  Of course, some men so rich it go jes be a hobby and ego ting.  De ROI is a secondary factor.  Ah suspeck a man like Abramovic is somebody so.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 01:20:29 PM »
Duprey should buy Sunderland

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 01:38:27 PM »
Like allyuh forget Jack Warner. I sure he could buy Chelsea with all that money he make on T&T football, sponsors, UNC and all the bribe money from FIFA. I sure that Switzerland account pfat by now.

With Jack and FIFA money backing him, anything's possible.

Duprey have money to. He suck all from BWIA. I remember he wanted to make Jabloteh an MLS team and was blanked 2 years back. He wanted to be based in Miami.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 01:40:36 PM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2007, 01:45:27 PM »
yeah i think duprey could afford a team maybe championship i eh sure bout premier league.
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2007, 02:26:15 PM »
what about dat fella Arthur Lok Jack?
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2007, 02:47:21 PM »
Can't use MLS as a gauge...MLS itself restricts club ownership and only just began to liberalize ownership by individuals.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2007, 02:49:53 PM »
Yuh right.....more than likely whoever want to buy would be a sports fan, and particularly a football fan, at heart.

But like any other business.....yuh want to make money.  Not sure what the ROI on a football club would be compared to other industries.  Of course, some men so rich it go jes be a hobby and ego ting.  De ROI is a secondary factor.  Ah suspeck a man like Abramovic is somebody so.
Hobby my foot...dem men see ownership in the Premiership, pure and simple...see the American ownership in ManU (by Glazer) and Villa (by Lerner).  Abramovich I suspect is a true fan who came upon loads of play money.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2007, 02:58:11 PM »
u know at first ah see trini buy then club......i thought this was the golf section ;D

but ah see the football....most i can say is i not seeing d oil money so somebodie or bodies have to be seeing it
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2007, 07:40:55 PM »
anthony sabga,he could buy one and launder real $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline ballpiyong

• Full Warrior
  • Winning is not everything it is the only thing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2007, 11:30:52 AM »
Does'nt Duprey's CL Financial own part of Glasgow Ranger's Football Club?? It's true research that fact!!!!

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2007, 03:49:28 PM »
what about dat fella Arthur Lok Jack?

You are very right West Coast..lBy my estimation he is :thinking: worth US 3 billion
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 03:56:22 PM by rotatopoti3 »
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2007, 04:02:31 PM »
If a Trini rich man can buy an EPL team, then he could afford to buy the TT proleague and assist TT football.

1]; } ?>