July 27, 2024, 09:38:50 AM

Author Topic: Connection: T&TFF offered help after fact.  (Read 2769 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Connection: T&TFF offered help after fact.
« on: September 09, 2007, 08:31:31 AM »
Connection: T&TFF offered help after fact.
By: Lasana Liburd (Express).
[/size]

Camps can't escape Jones transfer backlash.

Oliver Camps, the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) president, failed to escape allegations that he refused to help T&T's 2006 World Cup star Kenwyne Jones last month in his successful move from England Championship club Southampton to Premiership outfit, Sunderland.
The T&TFF issued a statement on Thursday which denied their alleged refusal to pen a recommendation letter that was deemed crucial to Jones' work permit application. Camps claimed he agreed to support the player's move but was told the letter was "no longer needed" by a "club representative".
However, Vibe CT 105 W Connection president David J Williams, who confirmed he was the club representative referred to by Camps, told the Sunday Express that Camps only offered help five days after Jones had already received a work permit, which facilitated his 6 million-pound (TT$75 million) move to Sunderland.
Camps' offer, according to Williams, came a full six days after he asked for a recommendation letter from the T&TFF on Jones' behalf and two days after the player's Sunderland debut against Manchester United, which was broadcast live on cable television last week Saturday.
"We requested him to do the letter on Tuesday August 28 and they only offered it after the fact (on September 3)," said Williams. "Camps said he spoke to his lawyers and they advised him not to do it at the time because the matter was sub judicial.
"I got a call saying that they would do the letter after the fact but I told him I didn't need it again."
Williams' assertion, which mirrored claims by Jones and Football Players Association of Trinidad and Tobago (FPATT) president Shaka Hislop, differed with a statement by Camps that was released on Thursday by T&TFF media officer Shaun Fuentes.
"At no time did we refuse to do the letter for the player," stated Camps. "When the club representative contacted me I told him that once it had to do with any of the players who are involved in a legal battle with the T&TFF that I would need to get advice from our legal advisers.
"We agreed to do the letter, but when I contacted the club, the representative didn't refuse the letter but said it was no longer needed.
"At no time would we try to prevent a player from making a move as it pertains to his club career," he added.
Camps statement, on Thursday, seemed to be at odds with his previous comment to the Express, four days earlier, when he claimed to have no knowledge of the Jones transfer. It was the same day, according to Williams, that the T&TFF boss called him to belatedly offer assistance.
"I really don't know what you are talking about," said Camps, when asked on September 3 whether he refused to assist Jones. "I don't know anything about that."
Jones, who failed to qualify for a work permit due to a lack of recent international appearances for the Soca Warriors, praised FPATT and his former World Cup colleague, Hislop, who wrote to the British Home Office and explained that the World Cup player was very valuable to his country's international future but had been blacklisted by the T&TFF over a bonus row.
W Connection are due a portion of Jones' transfer fee due to a sell-on clause in his initial contract with Southampton, although Williams declined to give financial details.
Last month, T&T Pro League club CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh accused the T&TFF of sabotaging a proposed move for the teenaged trio of Lester Peltier, Khaleem Hyland and Atullah Guerra to English Premier League club, Portsmouth, after T&TFF coaches Michael McComie and Wim Rijsbergen refused to pen a recommendation letter for Peltier.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 08:41:01 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
Re: Connection: T&TFF offered help after fact.
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 08:42:44 AM »
Same thing I was saying. They ent refuse to do it. They just drag they foot as slow as they could. Possibly to frustrate the move.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 08:47:33 AM »
I dont understand why we are stuck with this current worthless FF until they deceide they want to step down, arent there any FIFA bylaws in place for some sort of vote of no confidence...please!!!!

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 09:34:39 AM »

Seems like inefficiency.  How many days in advance is reasonable for such a request to be made?  Less than a week does not seem that long but in football during the transfer window things happen so fast a week won't cut it.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 11:19:15 AM »
I actually don't think there was any malice from the TTFF this rounds. Sounds like pure inefficiency. They agree 6 days after they got the request. And dat is after Camps check with his lawyers (aka JW). I am betting that in the TTFF, responding to something within the week is pretty damn fast.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 12:53:13 PM »
Extremely loud steups. Whether inefficiency or badmind extremely loud steups
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 07:32:51 AM »
Camps could shitting lie and he is a dunce jackass too and what surprise me the most was the fact that David John Williams actually came out and said something in public, most of the times he looked like he was afraid of the TTFF. Sooner or later if everyone start standing up to the TTFF we could see a change and I hope for the better...

Lets see, the TTFF blacklist 16 national players, an additional 5 refuse to return because of this, then blacklisted the Jabloteh players and maybe because of this statement by DJ Williams it may soon be W Connection players too. Up next United Petrotrin, Tobago United, Caledonia (if any Trinis still there), North East Stars and Defence Force.

We may see Jack Warner, Richard Gorden, Dexter Skeene, Alvin Corneal, Anton Corneal, Michael McComie, Oliver Camps and the remainder of the squad from Joe Public running out on the field to represent T&T soon if things dont change..

Lets see

Michael McComie
Sean Powers, Richard Gorden, Abassi McPherson, Anton Corneal
Arnold Dwarika, Dale Saunders, Lyndon Andrews, Roen Nelson
Jack Warner, Alvin Corneal

Subs from

Oliver Camps, Keyeno Thomas, Gary Glasgow, Devon Caseman, Silas Spann, Terrance McAllister, Wolry Wolfe and Derek King.

Coach

Joseph Blatter.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 07:41:21 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2007, 07:43:08 AM »
I actually don't think there was any malice from the TTFF this rounds. Sounds like pure inefficiency. They agree 6 days after they got the request. And dat is after Camps check with his lawyers (aka JW). I am betting that in the TTFF, responding to something within the week is pretty damn fast.

Yuh make a good point, but i think there was some malice to it. I find it hard to believe that Camps and the TTFF wud be ignorant of the fact that the transfer deadline is Aug 31st, and any delay in issuing the letter wud have been detrimental to his chances of getting the work permit. Just something i think make Camps' response a lil fishy
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2007, 10:15:30 AM »

Yuh make a good point, but i think there was some malice to it. I find it hard to believe that Camps and the TTFF wud be ignorant of the fact that the transfer deadline is Aug 31st, and any delay in issuing the letter wud have been detrimental to his chances of getting the work permit. Just something i think make Camps' response a lil fishy

Jackula + Scamps+Rodent = Malicious and Badmind.....

Just my 2c.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2007, 12:24:36 PM »
Doh be surprise that d only ting that 31/8 reminds Scamps bout is independence and d parade. I remember b4 d draw for Germany he talk some nonesense bouut we getting in d same group with mexico. The man is a dunce
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2007, 04:16:56 PM »

If you run an organisation that you know has a severely negetive  public profile, and you have the opportunity to do something positive, do you

a) ask your lawyer to have a look at the options when he gets a quiet moment

b) ask your lawyer to put together a carefully worded statement, but don't stop what you're doing

c) get your lawyer on the phone and tell him "Shaun Fuentes is emailing you a letter to the English FA supporting Kenwyne Jones work permit. I want  it checked, edited and on my desk in an hour. Fuentes, as soon as you email it to the English FA, get it out to all the papers for tomorrow editions"

I don't know how much notice Shaka got, but I do know that somewhere around that time he got released from Dallas, had meetings in Trinidad and moved house. And he has no lawyer, media officer, secretary or even a bleedin office.

I can't help but think that if there really was no malice or purposeful delay, then the TTFFs ability to write one letter in support of a player is marginally less effective than a room full of weasels with typewriters, 12 bottles of rum, 2 kilos of cocaine, 15 Venezuelan lap dancers and Ricky Martin.

Sorry, got a bit silly there. Obviously Ricky Martin should be in the TTFF.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2007, 04:36:15 PM »

If you run an organisation that you know has a severely negetive  public profile, and you have the opportunity to do something positive, do you
a) ask your lawyer to have a look at the options when he gets a quiet moment

b) ask your lawyer to put together a carefully worded statement, but don't stop what you're doing

c) get your lawyer on the phone and tell him "Shaun Fuentes is emailing you a letter to the English FA supporting Kenwyne Jones work permit. I want  it checked, edited and on my desk in an hour. Fuentes, as soon as you email it to the English FA, get it out to all the papers for tomorrow editions"

That would require coherent and logical thought...
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

1]; } ?>