April 24, 2024, 02:00:59 PM

Author Topic: Joe Public will not compete in the Super League next year  (Read 3553 times)

Offline Victor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Joe Public will not compete in the Super League next year
« on: September 13, 2007, 09:07:20 PM »
Source: Trinidad Guardian

TWO-TIME champions Joe Public has taken a decision not to compete in the National Super Football League next season.

This was relayed by the club’s managing director Daryll Warner as he cited the reason being the Sport Company of T&T’s (Sportt) shallow decision not to offer financial assistance to the Macoya-based club.
At a meeting of the Super League’s Organising Committee on Tuesday, Joe Public was informed that it would not be among the clubs benefiting from a $50,000 fund to assist in its season campaign.

The Joe Public management was told that only seven of the ten clubs in the league would receive the funding of $50,000.

The other clubs also not benefiting from the fund include Defence Force and WASA, both government institutions.

Warner said when the club asked for an explanation as to why Joe Public would not receive the fund, a totally unacceptable reason was given.

“We were informed that we are self-sufficient and do not need the money,Warner stated.

“The insult and utter disregard meted out to Joe Public by the relevant authorities in this regard as well as certain persons associated with the Super league cannot go unnoticed and unaddressed.”

In a letter to All Sports Promotions, organisers of the league, and T&T Football Federation Warner further stated that after a meeting held with the management of the his club a decision was made to have the club disassociate itself from the Super League competition for next year.

“We regret not being able to participate in the competition but the club’s management is disappointed and feels insulted with the decision made by Sportt at the Super League meeting held on Tuesday S to have the club excluded from receiving funding.

In addition, the club’s management does not feel that we were properly supported or endorsed by the Super League office.

In closing we reiterate our disappointment and disgust at the decision made by the Sports Company management,” Warner concluded.

“Our collective energies shall now focus on reclaiming our Professional Football League title and completing the 2007 season of the Super League season,” he concluded.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Public will not compete in the Super League next year
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 09:24:45 PM »
I go cry!!!

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 09:34:53 PM »
Source: Trinidad Guardian

TWO-TIME champions Joe Public has taken a decision not to compete in the National Super Football League next season.

The other clubs also not benefiting from the fund include Defence Force and WASA, both government institutions.

Warner said when the club asked for an explanation as to why Joe Public would not receive the fund, a totally unacceptable reason was given.

The insult and utter disregard meted out to Joe Public by the relevant authorities in this regard as well as certain persons associated with the Super league cannot go unnoticed and unaddressed.”

Hmmmm.....is the Warner's stranglehold on football slowly coming loose? Or just politics. How dat medicine taste going dong yuh throat Daryll

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 09:38:33 PM »
These people ain't bet they greedy for real boy! They thief all the money from the federation and still want financial assistance. I am not talking about Joe Public but the people who owns Joe Public. They don't need the money, give it to the smaller clubs, they can use it to build their team.

Offline Victor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 10:08:16 PM »
Jack,

I know that you vex that the government took $50,000.00 out of your pocket. Does this mean that the U17 team will also not compete in the Super League next year?  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 10:28:38 PM »
Wasa and defence not getting money. I guess they will leave the league also.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 10:32:29 PM »
Jack,

I know that you vex that the government took $50,000.00 out of your pocket. Does this mean that the U17 team will also not compete in the Super League next year?  :rotfl: :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:     Warner allergic to the absence of money

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007, 10:39:06 PM »
Look ting. Ah jes graduate to Jr. Warror...thanks Jack ;D

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 11:51:07 PM »
Express version:

Joe Public pull out of Super League
Kern De Freitas kdefreitas@trinidadexpress.com

Friday, September 14th 2007

Joe Public FC management have decided to pull the Macoya-based club out of the bmobile National Super League after the current season.

In a press release, on Wednesday, managing director Daryll Warner said Joe Public would "discontinue its participation" because of the "Sport Company of Trinidad and Tobago's shallow decision not to offer financial assistance to the Macoya-based club".

The release explained that at Tuesday's Super League organising committee meeting, Joe Public were informed that they would be one of three clubs-the others being Defence Force and WASA FC-not benefitting from $50,000 worth of assistance to the League.

"...we were informed that we are self-sufficient and do not need the money," Warner, son of T&T Football Federation special adviser Jack Austin Warner, said. "The insult and utter disregard meted out to JPFC by the relevant authorities in this regard as well as certain persons associated with the Super League cannot go unnoticed and unaddressed."

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2007, 03:24:40 AM »
Jackula and Baby Jackula.....
stop SUCKING the life blood out of TnT Football, For God's Sake!!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 04:13:44 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2007, 06:20:04 AM »
Is it me or he sounding just like he father??? Ignorant, arrogant whatever we want to call it!!
Arimian to meh heart

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2007, 07:55:32 AM »
Is it me or he sounding just like he father??? Ignorant, arrogant whatever we want to call it!!

like father, like son.

i hope de heads of Super League stands it ground and not reverse there decision later on. About time poeple started standing up to warner them.
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2007, 12:27:56 PM »
Sometimes we have to think a little bit,when things like this happens it don't really affect Jack Warner or his son is players that get affected,especially those that make their living by it,these guys can do anything they have money,it's all business they are professionals,they doing what's best for them,remember when they dropped out the Pro League?Jack plays hard ball with our Football all the time and it's because no one has ever stood up to him,the thing is we want to play Football so he have us in the palm of his hands.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2007, 01:27:42 PM »
ah going out on a limb here, but I find, if the fund is for teams in the league, and Joe Public in the League you have to treat them as all other teams, and 'try' not to spite them cause of Jack.

Maybe the letter could have stated that because Joe Public is in better financial standing that the others teams, their portion would be substantially less than the rest.

even the highest paid employee go be vex if everyone get christmas bonus except him, even if he skiming profits  ;D

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2007, 01:59:10 PM »
If you going to share out money to the league, you have to share to all teams, not because a team have money means they must not get none.

Who ever giving ou the money bounce they head with that one.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2007, 02:24:18 PM »
i think all should have gotten .....but  still..........joe public i wouldnt miss u. me n  no accountant but i  believe staying in the super league and winning it will greatly enhance their bank acc.

ah feel they bluffing
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 02:40:16 PM by freakazoid »
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2007, 02:30:36 PM »
I see the point where everybody should get get money. But WASA and Defence Force did not get. They are proping up the financially weak teams. J. Public is not a weak institution.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2007, 04:54:27 PM »
' the DWUEN".....shit...ah trying to nickname de man and i cant spell the word...allyuh help meh  "DUEN"...DEUWN"...gosh man...de spirit of the small chile with the foot turn backwards nah....

ah want meh credit for the nickname eh...Daryan the Duen
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2007, 04:57:02 PM »
' the DWUEN".....shit...ah trying to nickname de man and i cant spell the word...allyuh help meh  "DUEN"...DEUWN"...gosh man...de spirit of the small chile with the foot turn backwards nah....

ah want meh credit for the nickname eh...Daryan the Duen
OK, follow closely:
D-O-U-E-N

Doh fuhget tuh leave out de dashes.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2007, 05:00:09 PM »
So how many players they have to release if they do actually pull out?

The SPORTT company should make their decision in consultation with all the clubs and the league.  If all the other clubs decide on something that way Joe Public wouldn't be able to complain.  Maybe they did consult but for this decision it doesn't look so.

JP will be in Super League next year I almost sure.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2007, 05:12:22 PM »
"Political discrimination"

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2007, 07:42:16 AM »
thanks tallman...Daryan the Douen
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2007, 07:50:28 AM »
The release explained that at Tuesday's Super League organising committee meeting, Joe Public were informed that they would be one of three clubs-the others being Defence Force and WASA FC-not benefitting from $50,000 worth of assistance to the League.

OK, this is for those who did not read the whole article as there are two other teams who are also not getting money. They did give a reason for their decision
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>