April 18, 2024, 08:36:30 PM

Author Topic: Women's World Cup 2007  (Read 36383 times)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Women's World Cup 2007
« Reply #90 on: September 26, 2007, 04:32:45 PM »
Predict a U.S.A- Germany final, just like the last one....

I haven't watched any WWC this year, but it sounds like it was a good tourney- also sounds like the usual suspects were most impressive a la U.S.A., Germany, Brazil, China, Norway,...

i feel Brazil go beat Usa tomorrow  :beermug:

Briana Scurry starting in goal tomorrow......but I still want Brazil to break this hold the usa have over them......

i hear some talk how scurry go keep in this game and if they make d final Hope Solo go return to goal, ah wonder what happen there

Yuh could read it here but I eh think too much of it.  I could understand why the coach feels he should start Scurry and I actually have wondered if she didn't still have enough left in her to unseat Solo from the number one spot.  I have not seen as much of Solo as I used to see of Scurry but I can honestly say that I have never seen her make a mistake like the one that Solo made the other day.  Not enough to evaluate them, but something to hold on to all the same: http://www.fifa.com/womenworldcup/news/newsid=605876.html#ryan+gambles+keeper+change

Even the best does have dey off day, Everytime i hear Hope Solo name i does think of Hans Solo form Star Wars lol

i hear some talk how scurry go keep in this game and if they make d final Hope Solo go return to goal, ah wonder what happen there
Dey probably giving she ah blow or she pick up ah knock.  She get ding up earlier on.

Kicker yeah man, the quality ah football is actually pretty decent.

Brazil for me tommorow

Oh yeah, I most definitely agree, that is why I "holding on" to it ecause I really cyah say that I've seen enough of her to say that Scurry is better than her. So far it's the only thing I can use to separate them, added to the the appearance that Scurry just sems more sure of herself by her body language.  I just partial to Scurry for all the obvious reasons in this case........But solo could get it though, even tho she face a lil on de hard side.........could use dat solo to wash dong a good Marabella roti!  ;D

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 26, 2007, 04:43:16 PM »
Mango i could think of a few other uses i could make of that Solo  :devil:  :angel:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 26, 2007, 05:31:46 PM »
Mango i could think of a few other uses i could make of that Solo  :devil:  :angel:

And yuh notice she like to drive wit she headlights orn eh...... ;D

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 27, 2007, 06:36:52 AM »
Aye guys who around alyu missing a good game,take a look Brazil up two goals already,Marta distroying them she going to haunt them.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 27, 2007, 06:46:16 AM »

I haven't watched any WWC this year, but it sounds like it was a good tourney- also sounds like the usual suspects were most impressive a la U.S.A., Germany, Brazil, China, Norway,...

Brazil lookin' tuh make me eat my words....2-0 up and U.S.A. just had a player red carded.....unfairly though- bad call by the ref.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 27, 2007, 06:47:19 AM »
Pressure!

The red card was ManU-esque
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 27, 2007, 06:49:17 AM »

Brazil lookin' tuh make me eat my words....2-0 up and U.S.A. just had a player red carded.....unfairly though- bad call by the ref.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 27, 2007, 06:51:44 AM »

kicker yuh hadda blend yuh words n drink it boss..america play one set ah tataa this wc..they were far from thier best.
right now brazil embarassing them dred all kinda samba around de americans

Yeah dread fuh real. Like ah say, I haven't watched any of the tournament, so I was just talking blindly and going off a hunch- seen Brazil outplay the U.S. and lose b4- but they seem to be getting it right this time around.

U.S. was unfortunate to lose a player though- really bad call by the ref on that red card.....Brazil is clearly the better team though- so far at least.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 27, 2007, 07:00:19 AM »
brazil brazil  :cheers: :wavetowel:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 27, 2007, 07:02:09 AM »
the Brazilian women have always been far more individually skilled than the Americans but they werehardly able to translate that into team success over the years.  They have come close, but we not playing horse shoes and hand grenades here.  The usa is not quite on the pinnacle of football as four or five years ago nad Brazil are (naturally) on the rise.  Germany will edge out Brazil on sunday......but I would be happy to eat those words fuh dem nice, SEXY Brazilian 'oman!!  :P

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 27, 2007, 07:12:00 AM »
While i enjoying this game thus far, I hate that Scurry will be the scapegoat for this if they lose.
Of course, we will hear about the bogus red card for the rest of our lives. But that is how it does go. Crouch pull Sancho hair, Ref tief USA vs Brazil, such is football.

Brazil on a mission though, the US haven't seemed as dominant as they normally are, despite the unbeaten streak. If they make it through to the end, I hope they leave something in the tank for Germany.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 27, 2007, 07:15:18 AM »
the Brazilian women have always been far more individually skilled than the Americans but they werehardly able to translate that into team success over the years.  They have come close, but we not playing horse shoes and hand grenades here.  The usa is not quite on the pinnacle of football as four or five years ago nad Brazil are (naturally) on the rise.  Germany will edge out Brazil on sunday......but I would be happy to eat those words fuh dem nice, SEXY Brazilian 'oman!!  :P
u mean the 4 sexy women on brazil team de rest ah dem women face crucial fella , hard labour they whole life

edit...USA GETTING AH OLE FASHION PARRY ..LOL...

I mean 23 Organic, (or hummuch ever the roster have on it) I used to work HiLo, boss.  I have real paperbag stock-up.  ;D

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 27, 2007, 07:15:59 AM »
3-0!!!! GOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL

Nice goal on the counter. Formiga to Christiane

Offline ballpiyong

• Full Warrior
  • Winning is not everything it is the only thing
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 27, 2007, 07:20:36 AM »
Cutarse for the states them girls like they want to cry!!!! HA HA HA

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 27, 2007, 07:22:20 AM »
dat refreee make 2 bad call back to back..lol
ah no call hands on brazil...
then ah corner that didnt happen
and now aamerica throw way ah sitter..lol
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 27, 2007, 07:22:36 AM »
Julie Foudy vex with the coach.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 27, 2007, 07:23:03 AM »
i never see the US women get beat so.

the samba queens making a statement.

i glad 4 dem.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 27, 2007, 07:24:11 AM »
While i enjoying this game thus far, I hate that Scurry will be the scapegoat for this if they lose.
Of course, we will hear about the bogus red card for the rest of our lives. But that is how it does go. Crouch pull Sancho hair, Ref tief USA vs Brazil, such is football.

Brazil on a mission though, the US haven't seemed as dominant as they normally are, despite the unbeaten streak. If they make it through to the end, I hope they leave something in the tank for Germany.

Bitter you are so right as it will be the other shoe to fall with this american media and how unfair they can be.  (the first one being the credit she never got for her role in this team all these years) Foudy already talkin' a pack ah ass and the fact of the matter is that NONE of these gaols had anything to do with usa's goalkeeping or even their defense too much.  That error on the own goal had nothing to do with the GK or her relationship/communication with her defenders, the defender did nonsense on her own.  The second goal is not Scurry's fault and once they had a player sent off, it would only be a matter of time before the game implodes on them against these talented Brazilian women.  Foudy is a imps, jp is a imps and if Tony Dicicco try to implicate Scurry in any way, I wouldn't be surprised.   He done talkin about how she not "in form"  I wonder if the other 'keeper was saving any of them goals.....

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 27, 2007, 07:25:31 AM »
Glad that this is the one game from the WWC that I have on DVR....

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 27, 2007, 07:26:26 AM »

Bitter you are so right as it will be the other shoe to fall with this american media and how unfair they can be.  (the first one being the credit she never got for her role in this team all these years) Foudy already talkin' a pack ah ass and the fact of the matter is that NONE of these gaols had anything to do with usa's goalkeeping or even their defense too much.  That error on the own goal had nothing to do with the GK or her relationship/communication with her defenders, the defender did nonsense on her own.  The second goal is not Scurry's fault and once they had a player sent off, it would only be a matter of time before the game implodes on them against these talented Brazilian women.  Foudy is a imps, jp is a imps and if Tony Dicicco try to implicate Scurry in any way, I wouldn't be surprised.   He done talkin about how she not "in form"  I wonder if the other 'keeper was saving any of them goals.....
they coudl say what they want...de fact the coach carry them on ah 50 game no loss streak. wah they want blood..lol  even when they wasnt playing good they would win..
dey coudl moan all they want brazil out play them allllll game..
dem eh show up to de WC
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 27, 2007, 07:31:53 AM »
Yeah, but like Mango Chow say, Scurry will be on the wrong end of the ole talk again. She never got the due credit for saving the penalty vs China, and now she will be the goat (along with the coach) for losing vs Brazil.

I not really into second-guessing the coach. If the coach make a change and it work, he brilliant, if it doh work, he is a fool.

The people in ESPN studios have been doing it all tournament with all teams, who should play where, what subs to make. They ridiculous with it.

I wish they would just call the damn game without all the opinions.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 27, 2007, 07:35:40 AM »
Yeah, but like Mango Chow say, Scurry will be on the wrong end of the ole talk again. She never got the due credit for saving the penalty vs China, and now she will be the goat (along with the coach) for losing vs Brazil.

I not really into second-guessing the coach. If the coach make a change and it work, he brilliant, if it doh work, he is a fool.

The people in ESPN studios have been doing it all tournament with all teams, who should play where, what subs to make. They ridiculous with it.

I wish they would just call the damn game without all the opinions.

lol hence i doh watch espn or mute it...... and besides de penalty she save agasnt china she was like 2 feet off she line...but yuh right she has done wonderfuil service for the usa..no mind de other golie play ah set ha shit initally...
ah sure some men g come in n say it was a consipracy..send she in hope she play shit n now blame she...lol

edit..martha sambaing..lol

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 27, 2007, 07:37:25 AM »
OH MY LORD......AH ROLLIE POLLIE ON DE LINE...AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 27, 2007, 07:38:59 AM »
Is showtime for Brazil now.

GOOOAAAAALLLLLLLLL

MARTA!!!!!!

LICKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 27, 2007, 07:39:21 AM »
WHAT AH FRIGGIN GOAL...OH MY LORD...GOAL AH DE TOURNEY...AHAHAH AH BELT FERZE....CUT....AND BULLET....AHAHAHAHAH
MARTA

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 27, 2007, 07:39:43 AM »
this game is the best

rollie pollie on de line :rotfl:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 27, 2007, 07:40:22 AM »
ive seen marta play live a couple times
serious skills she has

Offline ballpiyong

• Full Warrior
  • Winning is not everything it is the only thing
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 27, 2007, 07:40:45 AM »
The rest of the world has caught up with the US womens team. They enjoyed a reign at the top because women's football was relatively new and they were the best at the time but in recent years you have seen a rise of talent elsewhere!!. This brazil team is just an example and yet they are a young team, they can improve !!SCARY!! for the rest of the world... Waiting to see when good old T&T women can qualify like the Warriors!!!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 27, 2007, 07:41:19 AM »

Bitter you are so right as it will be the other shoe to fall with this american media and how unfair they can be.  (the first one being the credit she never got for her role in this team all these years) Foudy already talkin' a pack ah ass and the fact of the matter is that NONE of these gaols had anything to do with usa's goalkeeping or even their defense too much.  That error on the own goal had nothing to do with the GK or her relationship/communication with her defenders, the defender did nonsense on her own.  The second goal is not Scurry's fault and once they had a player sent off, it would only be a matter of time before the game implodes on them against these talented Brazilian women.  Foudy is a imps, jp is a imps and if Tony Dicicco try to implicate Scurry in any way, I wouldn't be surprised.   He done talkin about how she not "in form"  I wonder if the other 'keeper was saving any of them goals.....

Nah Chow, you and me is big Brazil fans....but we's big men too- Scurry shoulda saved the second goal. Tony DiCicco is primarily a goalkeeping coach- he knows Scurry very well, and he knows what he's talking about. Scurry was saving that second goal in her day 99 out of 100 times- this was just that one time.

And the red card was horrendous. As much as I glad to see Brazil win this game, as a lover of the game, it still hurt me to see such a terrible call and ah feel it for Boxx, because I put myself in her shoes and could accept how painful & unfair it was. I wouldn't blame the loss on the card, but any plans to mount a comeback in the second half were severely afffected by losing a player, and the U.S. is totally justified in citing that as one of the factors that played out against them. Agree that they should concede that they lost to a better team though- and in all fairness, even when the U.S. used to beat Brazil, I've heard Foudy & Mia Hamm make comments implying that when they play against Brazil they feel like they're a player down because Brazil moves the ball so well- they don't take them forgranted, and have alotta respect for Brazil.....In spite of the perceptions of American arrogance, Foudy and dem eh really put a foot wrong in their comments about this game.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 27, 2007, 07:42:33 AM »
the Brazilian women have always been far more individually skilled than the Americans but they werehardly able to translate that into team success over the years.  They have come close, but we not playing horse shoes and hand grenades here.  The usa is not quite on the pinnacle of football as four or five years ago nad Brazil are (naturally) on the rise.  Germany will edge out Brazil on sunday......but I would be happy to eat those words fuh dem nice, SEXY Brazilian 'oman!!  :P
u mean the 4 sexy women on brazil team de rest ah dem women face crucial fella , hard labour they whole life

edit...USA GETTING AH OLE FASHION PARRY ..LOL...

Daniela is about de only good looking Brazilian woman on dat pitch.

1]; } ?>