April 26, 2024, 06:38:18 AM

Author Topic: Whitley to head Connection.  (Read 12241 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Whitley, Connection happy
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2007, 07:12:48 AM »
Whitley, Connection happy
By Ian Prescott (Trinidad Express)

"Obviously, I still consider Aurtis Whitley one of the better midfielders in Trinidad and Tobago. We have lost some of our players and I believe that he can set up and score goals for our team.

"I believe we can rekindle the passion for the game which he says was lacking under Terry Fenwick."

Those are the words of David John Williams, whose team, W Connection, signed Whitley on Tuesday, after the footballer was sacked earlier in the week by CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh.

Whitley, 30, had played for Jabloteh for 11 years since joining the club from Superstar Rangers.

"A lot of people are saying that Aurtis Whitley is a troubled player," John Williams told the Express, "but I prefer to judge people on their performance.

"They said that Arnold Dwarika was a troubled player and we never had any trouble with him at W Connection.

"They said that Kerwin Jemmott was trouble and we had no problem with him. They said the same of Stokely Mason, and we had no problem with him."

Whitley may see action with his new team this weekend. Connection take on Police on Saturday from 4 p.m., at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva.

"He has been training with the club for two days. Whether he plays or not is the coach's decision.

"Obviously, I don't pick the team, but I still think he has enough quality to play some part in our next encounter."

Whitley, who played for Trinidad and Tobago at the World Cup Finals in Germany last year, said he is very comfortable at W Connection.

"It's only my second day with the team but so far everything is going well.

"Everyone knows me. It's a little bit disappointing (to leave Jabloteh), but sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

"I think moving away from Jabloteh is better for me because if me and the coach (Terry Fenwick) don't get along, it's best that I go somewhere else."

Whitley's most memorable moment during T&T's World Cup qualifying campaign came when he cut in from the left and struck a low, right- footer which rebounded off the foot of the Mexican goal, handing Stern John an equaliser.

John later scored again to give T&T a crucial 2-1 victory over Mexico in their final CONCACAF qualifier.

With the move to W Connection, Whitley has hopes of reviving his international career.

"I don't think it went the way I wanted it to go, but I still have a little time, and hopefully things will work out here, and I will be back in the national team."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
Re: Whitley to head Connection.
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2007, 08:18:18 AM »
Midnight I assure u my friend book full and it eh makin room for u but is Berris who feel I eh have nutten to do but maco Whitley 

Is not me feel yuh 'eh have nutten to do' I just going by wha you say ''The man liming since he come of d plane since Germany.' ...Now for you to make dah statement is either be just bumping yuh gum or yuh was macoing actually following de man around since he come of d plane....which one?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 09:09:32 AM by berris »
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline john_public

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2007, 03:53:51 PM »
i am an otis fan, but the man look for this sure de coach had a part to play, but de man was hardly trainin, and this was not only a coach doin, they with so many youths onthe team havein otis with his new mentality wud do more bad tha good,

i thruly hope that he is thru to his word and put his all into it again,

all de best otis u`ll always have de heart of jah fans  :beermug:

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2007, 04:39:51 PM »
one set ah dis an dat bout otis an hardest, yes they have issues but football managment have issues too,on the reverse angle, why we not seeing local white trini's on we national team??? they have guy's with talent just as any other trini, but when they reach the age around 16  -  17-  18 where they have to make a decision football as a livelyhood or go off to med school etc.. their folks  tell them don't bother with that football thing,look how the administration handle business,jack ect,,those who put up with the BS know better and sometimes don't really care what takes place....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2007, 05:10:00 PM »
Exactly.  ON the BLOCK, Why would local "whites" want to play pro football when we on this forum bemoaning the standard of TT football. Why would the local white TT parent want their kid to go thru all the rubbish Jack does put them guys thru. They have options. They let their kids play ball in primary and high school,  and after high school, they send them to a US university on a football schol. If any of them "white"  kids are that good, believe you me,  a pro club will snap them up just as Dwight, Latas, Nakhid, etc. It would be nice for local "whites", Indians and Chinese to be on the TT team. But they have to go all the way and rough it and mix it up  like the Afro-Trini.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2007, 07:11:22 PM »
If b4 Germany yuh eh see ah man in all d limin spots and post Germany d man in all d liming spots yuh eh have to b macoing d man in yuh face
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>