March 28, 2024, 08:07:15 AM

Author Topic: Whitley to head Connection.  (Read 12132 times)

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
Whitley to head Connection.
« on: September 12, 2007, 08:28:54 AM »
Whitley to don W Connection colors.
By: Randy Bando (ttproleague).

Axed San Juan Jabloteh prodigy Aurtis Whitley has signed on with cross country rivals W Connection on Tuesday confirmed club owner David John Williams. For the first time since joining the San Juan based club eleven years ago, the Trinidad and Tobago World Cup midfielder Aurtis Whitley is about to don a different club uniform and with no other but his former rivals W Connection after being axed last Friday. 
For the first time since joining the San Juan based club eleven years ago, the Trinidad and Tobago World Cup midfielder Aurtis Whitley is about to don a different club uniform and with no other but his former rivals W Connection after being axed last Friday. 
Williams told ‘ttproleague.com’ that he preferred not to disclose details of the contract but commented that Whitley is a great addition to his team.
“We feel that he is a great addition to our team for the rest of the season. We need players of his quality at the moment because we have lost a few players this season. We feel that he is still one of the greatest midfielders in this country and he still has a lot to offer.”
“He has great midfield skills and also a capability to score goals,” ended Williams.
Whitley was axed by Jabloteh four months before his contract expired because of being delinquent and a so called lack of passion which he admits to.
Whitley explained that he had an ongoing grouse with head coach Terry Fenwick which has prompted his lost of commitment to the club he had served for eleven years.
“He (Fenwick) always created problems with the senior players at Jabloteh and that was frustrating to play under. I was training and doing all what I had to do but when it came to matches I wouldn’t get selected and that was another frustrating matter,” explained the now W Connection midfielder.
“My passion to play for the club really went and I had to do what I did to get out.”
“They (Jabloteh) got eleven good years from me and I am really sorry it had to end the way it did. My heart was really at Jabloteh,” said Whitley emotionally.
Admitting that he would miss his former teammates, Whitley is now focused on returning to his glory days under new boss Stuart Charles Fevrier.
“All I wanted to be was comfortable. I know that now my standard will rise again because I want to make an impact with W Connection.”
Whitley had his first session under coach Stuart Charles Fevrier on Tuesday morning and explained that he enjoyed every bit of it.
“The W Connection players all welcomed me. It was really nice and I’m feeling really comfortable already,” said the now W Connection player.
Whitley has played his entire professional career in Trinidad. He enjoyed trials in England with Premiership club Portsmouth FC before the 2006 World Cup in Germany and in Vietnam in 2007.
At age 30 Whitley still has aspirations to playing abroad saying that he believes that he can create opportunities for himself to play professionally outside of Trinidad and Tobago while with W Connection.
Whitley a member of the blacklisted T&T internationals also said that he is always available to play for his country but hopes that the situation between the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation and his colleagues is resolved soon.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 08:52:21 AM by Flex »

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Whitley to head Connection
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 08:32:57 AM »
So isn't there a mechanism in the Pro League for a player to hand in a transfer request?
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 09:04:35 AM »
There is always at least two sides to every story. We finally now hearing the player's side.  Hopefully he is able to rekindle that passion he lost and validate Connection's faith in him, and not give up the fight. He rep the RBW and ran with the best. Lets hope Fevrier can bring out in him that same passion Beenie was able to. I really wish the best for this fella.

Peace
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 09:34:40 AM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Whitley to head Connection.
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 09:11:14 AM »
didn't whitley play in portugal at some point?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 09:24:19 AM »
 :whew: :chilling:

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 09:28:03 AM »
Formites only hear one side ah de story and pelt de man under de bus oui !! ah wonder how much man going back now and change or delete dey post wey dey bashing de man. Good luck Whitley all de best in yuh new club. 
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 09:34:05 AM »
didn't whitley play in portugal at some point?

He played in Setubal, Portugal for Vitoria FC in 1997. The information is in "TNT ROSTER" on the site homepage
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 09:36:22 AM by ZANDOLIE »

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 10:32:07 AM »
So his side of the story is he was uncomfortable and didn't get pick for games?

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2007, 10:33:03 AM »
Whitley, you have to earn your pick !!!!!!

The young players at Jabloteh is doing pretty good and getting better by the game and Whitley probably felt he was a main stay... he got carried away... Khaleem Hyland booted him out the Jabloteh start team...
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 10:34:41 AM by Sando »

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2007, 10:40:41 AM »
Formites only hear one side ah de story and pelt de man under de bus oui !! ah wonder how much man going back now and change or delete dey post wey dey bashing de man. Good luck Whitley all de best in yuh new club. 

It was said earlier that there are two sides to every story. I was always taught there are three..."Your side, my side and the truth". Just because Whitley has put in his two cents doesn't mean he is now in the right. As Tallman alluded, can't PFL players hand in Transfer requests if they ain't happy at a club? All this airing of dirty laundry in public is of little use. Who cares which party is right or wrong we will probably never know the true story. The main thing is, He was'nt happy and as a result, has moved on. I agree in wishing him the best of luck with his new club and hope he lives upto his word that his standard of play will improve at Connection.

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2007, 10:45:10 AM »

Whitley eh have to go in to more details but it is not as petty as you put it.

Read Properly ....

''Whitley explained that he had an ongoing grouse with head coach Terry Fenwick which has prompted his lost of commitment to the club he had served for eleven years.
He (Fenwick) always created problems with the senior players at Jabloteh and that was frustrating to play under. I was training and doing all what I had to do but when it came to matches I wouldn’t get selected and that was another frustrating matter,” explained the now W Connection midfielder.
My passion to play for the club really went and I had to do what I did to get out.”

« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 10:56:27 AM by berris »
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline ballpiyong

• Full Warrior
  • Winning is not everything it is the only thing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2007, 10:57:02 AM »

We still bashing him because that story is bullshit. You're telling me he is not comfortable because he aint getting pick. Maybe because you playing shit Whitley or the youngsters coming up take your spot and you cyah handle that so you lost commitment to the team and stop training STEEEUUPPSSSS!!!!. With that said yuh is ah trini so I still wishing you all the best Whitley!!!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2007, 10:59:16 AM »
At least he still playing.....thank the Lord....I was real mad wid him when ah read de story yesterday.....

I still looking out for him to do good in de future on de National Team....oh yeah...he on de Jacklist....ssstteeuuppss....F....U ...Jackula....

"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2007, 11:00:30 AM »
All yuh right doh believe Whitley side ah de story ..as usuall de experts know exactly what went on and decide he wrong ... :banginghead:   jokers pure jokers.
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2007, 11:15:17 AM »

From what he said all the other senior players have a problem with Fenwick...so how de cheese stand alone so?
Anyway...hope he does well at Connection. 

Real disturbing how many players are being released for disciplinary reasons and ending up at other clubs without transfer fees passing....is this some kinda underhand ploy players/clubs using to move?

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2007, 11:17:23 AM »

Whitley eh have to go in to more details but it is not as petty as you put it.

Read Properly ....

''Whitley explained that he had an ongoing grouse with head coach Terry Fenwick which has prompted his lost of commitment to the club he had served for eleven years.
He (Fenwick) always created problems with the senior players at Jabloteh and that was frustrating to play under. I was training and doing all what I had to do but when it came to matches I wouldn’t get selected and that was another frustrating matter,” explained the now W Connection midfielder.
My passion to play for the club really went and I had to do what I did to get out.”

It's clear that you beleive his side of the story, good for you, somehow I beleive he got swell headed with that money and seeing that he been at Jabloteh for so long, he thought he was an automatic starter. I wish him the best of luck at his new club.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2007, 11:35:06 AM »
Whitley to don W Connection colors.
By: Randy Bando (ttproleague).

For the first time since joining the San Juan based club eleven years ago, the Trinidad and Tobago World Cup midfielder Aurtis Whitley is about to don a different club uniform and with no other but his former rivals W Connection after being axed last Friday.
Williams told ‘ttproleague.com’ that he preferred not to disclose details of the contract but commented that Whitley is a great addition to his team.
“My passion to play for the club really went and I had to do what I did to get out.”

Connection movin like real cobeau, all now so they makin pooja for Peter Byers or Cornell to get ketch in something bad. I wonder how much "Connection" Whitley had with Fevrier before he "had to do what I did to get out"?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2007, 11:58:32 AM »
For those of who live in TNT and see d man liming more than playin we eh shock. Leh we see him rekindle he passion for WC. Then he side ah d story go be believe
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2007, 03:00:22 PM »
For those of who live in TNT and see d man liming more than playin we eh shock. Leh we see him rekindle he passion for WC. Then he side ah d story go be believe

:rotfl: ...this shud be in de joke section .I din know 'those of who live in TNT' wuk was to follow de man around 24/7 to maco see  what he is be doing.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 06:05:21 PM by berris »
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2007, 03:08:30 PM »
what is there to apologise for or delete. otis seaton admit that he guilty of all that he was accused of. basically what i get from this article is that he was getting bench and he found it unwarranted so he decide to display the behaviour which he admits to.

Good thing is to try and clear up his name he will play ball 4 connection now. ah win win as far as i can see

seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2007, 03:12:41 PM »

:rotfl: ...this shud be in de joke section .I din know 'those of who live in TNT' wuk was to follow de man around 24/7 to know what he is be doing.

berris is Whitley

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2007, 03:14:36 PM »

:rotfl: ...this shud be in de joke section .I din know 'those of who live in TNT' wuk was to follow de man around 24/7 to know what he is be doing.

berris is Whitley

Filho you does always hah to blow de whistle eh  ::)
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2007, 04:33:43 PM »
So isn't there a mechanism in the Pro League for a player to hand in a transfer request?
Yeah...it's called ''Sulk and be a Malcontent'', can be substituted by process called "Go Play in Fete Match".

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2007, 09:37:09 PM »
Connection only waiting fuh men tuh get de axe...tuh sign dem boi......lol..... dey in ah real bad shape...

anyhow, hope allyuh put dat kenywne money to good use

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2007, 12:14:04 AM »
No need to Maco when he and d stag always seen in Malick as Morvantman. Midnight and co does want to stay in France and play that they know what happening at home more than we who here 24/7 when we not on vacation. The man liming since he come of d plane since Germany.

Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2007, 02:54:39 AM »
No need to Maco when he and d stag always seen in Malick as Morvantman. Midnight and co does want to stay in France and play that they know what happening at home more than we who here 24/7 when we not on vacation. The man liming since he come of d plane since Germany.

How d mother ras my name get call in alyuh thread ? *steups*

Afterwards alyuh does wonder why men does get the impression alyuh just looking for friend...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2007, 09:14:07 AM »

How d mother ras my name get call in alyuh thread ? *steups*

Afterwards alyuh does wonder why men does get the impression alyuh just looking for friend...

:rotfl:  :rotfl: :rotfl:
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2007, 09:15:25 AM »

Ok Papa-rats-see
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2007, 10:17:27 PM »
Midnight I assure u my friend book full and it eh makin room for u but is Berris who feel I eh have nutten to do but maco Whitley 

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2007, 05:56:17 AM »

Why allyuh doh macco de wimp.  ??? ???
Ah want de woman on de bass

1]; } ?>