February 24, 2024, 02:32:58 AM

Author Topic: Attention Ronnie  (Read 4970 times)

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Attention Ronnie
« on: September 24, 2007, 06:36:00 AM »
Ronaldinho taken to task over late nights

AFP
September 23, 2007

BARCELONA (AFP) - Ronaldinho's love of the good life was the target of criticism by the media here Sunday after he missed Saturday's win over Sevilla.

"Attention Ronnie" was the headline in the La Vanguardia, with the catalan daily recalling the fates of the late George Best and Paul Gascoigne who were unable to resist "the easy life" and a drink.

The paper revealed on Friday that the Brazil striker, below par since the start of the season, had been seen in a night club until the early hours two days before Barcelona's mediocre goalless draw with Osasuna.

"It's regrettable that a great player loses himself because of his personal life," the daily commented.

Ronaldinho's extra curricular activities are causing concern at Barcelona, with club president Joan Laporta saying they need to help him, and manager Frank Rijkaard calling on him to "react".

The 2005 Footballer of the Year blamed a problem with his right leg for not playing on Saturday in a game in which the young Argentine prodigy Lionel Messi starred with two goals.

"They play better without Ronaldinho," sports daily Marca claimed on its frontpage, adding that unless he changed his behaviour he'd be heading for the exit.

The 27-year-old arrived at the Camp Nou in 2003, helping the club to two Spanish titles and the 2006 Champions League crown.

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Attention Ronnie
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 07:07:58 AM »
People are amazed by you when everything is going great, but then their true feelings of hate, envy and jealousy come out fully the moment your production appears to be dropping off.  Athletes are humans too and  definitely need time to enjoy themselves without being harassed and criticized.  The media is largely responsible for starting this hate and spreading all this negativity.  Many fans and the media don't love you, they are merely amused by you.  As long as more athletes realize this at the beginning of their career they will be alright psychologically.   Is this a real article? Its quite annoying.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 07:13:24 AM »
doh 4get d man get sub after 60 mins in ah champion's leAGUE  game dread
ronnie? sub? very rarely mentioned in d same sentence b4

with the depth of the squad it isnt unthinkable 4 them to show him the door. who go be the ones waiting to pick him up........chelsea?
partying and having fun is 1 thing . 2days b4 ah game ah bit iffy

but after all he pre season talk ah have 2 say he look 4 watever he get
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 07:54:04 AM »
De media and public are by and large hypocrites.

Not only do they demand that athletes perform extraordinary feats on the field of play to keep them entertained, they must do so while maintaining a pious lifestyle that would make a tibetan monk balk.  Then they use the fact that these athletes earn outrageous amounts of money as justification for their perspective.

Ronaldinho might be transgressing on the extra curricular activities.  Or it might be a case of Gopaul luck not bein Seepaul luck.  Think Raul would ever get this sort of criticism from the Madrista media & faithul?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 08:23:23 AM »
Keep in mind that the last quite is from Marca..a well known pro Madrid paper. In Spain, it is normal for Marca to take pot shots at Barca. However, the first quotes are from a Catalan paper. Maybe Ronaldinho does enjoy the good life too much. None of us should judge Ronaldinho, but instead of blindly defending him, we should realize that it is possible that mayvbe he is being indisciplined. At the end of the day he chooses to be a professional athlete and so he has responsibilities. So if he partying too hard, he will get pull up. It's not jealousy and hate..is real love. Or else they really wouldn't care. Oleguer could be drinking on the bench, they couldn't care less. Look how many stars Barca has...yet they still want to see a full fit Ronaldinho destroy for 90 minutes.

And palos..Raul get real pong from every paper in Spain. They almost hound him out of Madrid and the National team when his form had seemed to be gone for good. Ronaldinho isn't any more a victim than any athlete in the spotlight. One day they put you on a pedestal the next you on the bottom rung..but ironically, they only do that for the players they give a dam about. They'd rather be writing about him running through sides week in week out and bussin de net...all of them..except Marca of course  ;D

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 08:29:02 AM »
So they not allowed to go out two nights b4 the game?
I doh see anyting wrong with that.
They way they gettin on I thought he was out the night before a game.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 08:30:30 AM »
maybe is something with the culture of barca.

look at fetelover who pass thru there:
- romario
- stoichov
- maradona (supposedly dais where he learn to ride the white horse)
- kluivert

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2007, 10:48:27 AM »
In general the press in Spain eh too bad if yuh buss ah small fete. But when they see it starting to have an effect on your game dey does really come down hard. I remember a while back Romario get some heat but the journal went at pains to mention that Romario was not drinking (apparently he was not a drinker). Look at Adriano they kept his habits out the papers for a while when everyone knew he had a drinking problem and like he whores. But his game was really slipping fast and he himself had to come clean. Wor is Ronnie really partying hard and has been since before the WC
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2007, 10:51:34 AM »
you are allowed out two days before a game but not till 3- 4 in the morning. Here you see will dem out the night of a game or the night after but rarely 1-3 days before a game. If you must lime go by a bredren where the papers not going to see you ..... do  a Ronaldo !
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2007, 11:01:17 AM »
 24.09.2007 13:29
Ronaldinho continues treatment

www.fcbarcelona.cat

Ronaldinho was at the Nou Camp this morning to continue with his treatment for the calf strain that ruled him out on Saturday. The rest of the squad will train this evening.

Ronaldinho missed the game against Seville with calf trouble, but he was at the ground this morning to receive treatment and the club’s medical services reported: “we’ll see over the next few days if the progress he’s making means he’ll be available for the upcoming games”.

Evening training

Ahead of Wednesday evening’s game against Zaragoza, the rest of the first team squad are due at the stadium for training this evening at 18.30. Tomorrow’s training will be behind closed doors as Rijkaard prepares his squad for the midweek game.

ah find is too much football dread was euro qualifiers to wk end game to champion league midweek then wk end game now another mid wk game they tryin to kill ppl

Youré also had words of encouragement for Ronaldinho who turned up at the Nou Camp on Saturday night to support the team, despite missing the Seville game: “we saw him when the game was over. He had a little niggle in his calf, but I think he’ll be okay for our next game. I’ve been surprised by some of the comments made about him – he’s a great player and I think all of this will pass over soon
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 11:17:27 AM by freakazoid »
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2007, 11:24:37 AM »
Keep in mind that the last quite is from Marca..a well known pro Madrid paper. In Spain, it is normal for Marca to take pot shots at Barca. However, the first quotes are from a Catalan paper. Maybe Ronaldinho does enjoy the good life too much. None of us should judge Ronaldinho, but instead of blindly defending him, we should realize that it is possible that mayvbe he is being indisciplined. At the end of the day he chooses to be a professional athlete and so he has responsibilities. So if he partying too hard, he will get pull up. It's not jealousy and hate..is real love. Or else they really wouldn't care. Oleguer could be drinking on the bench, they couldn't care less. Look how many stars Barca has...yet they still want to see a full fit Ronaldinho destroy for 90 minutes.

And palos..Raul get real pong from every paper in Spain. They almost hound him out of Madrid and the National team when his form had seemed to be gone for good. Ronaldinho isn't any more a victim than any athlete in the spotlight. One day they put you on a pedestal the next you on the bottom rung..but ironically, they only do that for the players they give a dam about. They'd rather be writing about him running through sides week in week out and bussin de net...all of them..except Marca of course  ;D

Bear in mind they say the man was "seen" in the club eh.  Dunno what that really have to do with anything, but even if man knee hurting them they could go siddung and lime normal in VIP.  Nobody say de man was running arung de club with he shirt off wining on dem Spanish ting and dem.  Reminds me of the recent criticism on here dat Sancho ketch...when man was saying Sancho out ah work and instead ah hustling ah contract he out feteing...LOL

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2007, 06:31:05 PM »
Yeah, this media hype is real rubbish.  The reasons for the man missing a game or getting sub is most likely due to his injury and not because of liming two whole nights before a game.  The man has been outstanding for several years but he is still human.  He can get injured and he could even have a sub par performance once in a while.  Disseminating that propaganda and trying to shred up the man's professional character is not a display of love.  If allyuh feel that unwarranted negative media hype is an expression of love for a player then I feel bad for you, but you are entitled to your opinion.  :beermug:

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2007, 09:42:58 PM »
Ah just see on Univision (Spanish channel) Dinho ran past ah few men and score 2 goals  :o. Boi, boi, like dey get him vex. So teams in real trouble, de man like he decide tuh show dem what time it is. De damn highlights, ah ketch it late, so ah didn't see what team or de date ah de game. De team was in white, but dis channel doh really show old highlights just so, so I'm assuming dat is today or yesterday he destroyed dat team  :-\. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 09:45:26 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2007, 06:12:26 AM »
Yeah, this media hype is real rubbish.  The reasons for the man missing a game or getting sub is most likely due to his injury and not because of liming two whole nights before a game.  The man has been outstanding for several years but he is still human.  He can get injured and he could even have a sub par performance once in a while.  Disseminating that propaganda and trying to shred up the man's professional character is not a display of love.  If allyuh feel that unwarranted negative media hype is an expression of love for a player then I feel bad for you, but you are entitled to your opinion.  :beermug:

You misinterpret my comments. All I am saying is that the Spanish press has always sung glowing praises of Ronaldinho..especially in Barcelona. In Barcelona you could say they overdo it a bit and the man is often treated like a demi-god. So when I see the media backlash all I am sayin is that they only do that for players they rate. If Ronnie was a mediocre player he could go and part every night.

I made it clear that I don't think anyone should judge Ronaldinho based on that blurb. I find the man still playing at a vey high level and the season real young..I find people should leave the man let him try and get back to his best. But I also know a little about the love hate relationship between the press and the stars they worship. From Becks to Ronaldinho..same ting. Is a swinging pendulum. Sometime the papers are full of sh**, sometimes the player has lost his way. As a Ronnie fan, all I was saying is a hope he has not lost his way. I tried to put a positive spin on it saying that if Ronnie wasn't hugely popular, he would not even get a mention. Who knows what really going on..not me. But to blindly say Ronaldinho eh do nothing wrong, or that the newspapers claims are baseless is to pretend to know things nobody here knows anything about.

I could tell you what I suspect. There has always been talk the Dinho like to party too much..but while he was the king of Barca, the press gave him a bligh. the last thing they wanted was to hound the champ out of town. Barca was thirsty for success and Ronnie was the key. Now I feel the tide shifting. There is a sentiment that Barca doh really need Ronaldinho anymore. Not as much anyway. Many fans starting to pin their hopes on Messi. The press no longer feels it has to tip-toe around 'Dinho's off the field activities and the rumors starting to grow. Is that baseless...very very likely. Is it possible..unfortunately...yes
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 06:28:38 AM by Filho »

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2007, 06:22:05 AM »

Bear in mind they say the man was "seen" in the club eh.  Dunno what that really have to do with anything, but even if man knee hurting them they could go siddung and lime normal in VIP.  Nobody say de man was running arung de club with he shirt off wining on dem Spanish ting and dem.  Reminds me of the recent criticism on here dat Sancho ketch...when man was saying Sancho out ah work and instead ah hustling ah contract he out feteing...LOL

good talk. the example they gave was kind of relatively weak. not the worst thing a baller could get up to, but we all know what Ronaldinho doees get up to in a club breds  :devil: :devil: :beermug: :beermug:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=A73ZWkcZR1g

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2007, 07:13:59 AM »

good talk. the example they gave was kind of relatively weak. not the worst thing a baller could get up to, but we all know what Ronaldinho doees get up to in a club breds  :devil: :devil: :beermug: :beermug:

Nice video man.... ;D. Wonder if there were any other players close by.....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2007, 07:23:16 AM »
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=466596&cc=5901

However, Barca full-back Zambrotta took the side of his team-mate, saying: 'I don't see it as bad to go out 48 hours before a game. If it is to drink and get drunk then it is not okay, but if it is just to have a small drink then there is nothing wrong with that.

'What is important is that on the pitch you always give 100%.'

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2007, 07:23:49 AM »
thing is change quick in football.

2 weeks ago joe camel was dissecting USa and mexico like lab rats.

today de papers have him on the way to jewski fc.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2007, 07:37:29 AM »
I get the impression that most professional athletes party alot- not sure what the fuss is about. They have alot of money, and relatively alot of free time. Many pro athletes don't come from money either so excess is sort of a celebration of success. They are also in great shape, so they often have the resilience to bounce back from a hard night out, without the average person even realizing it. A good partner of mine who lived in Manchester said that seeing the players (especially the young single ones) out at bars was a common thing (he said he never saw Beckham out though...)...and no one really makes a fuss. The only time the media cares is when a habit of partying coincides with a dip in form- and that is what happened to Ronaldinho. The reason for his "dip in form" could have nothing to do with him going out...(do you really think Ronaldinho just started partying?)... but if the statements about LaPorta & Rijkaard being concerned are true- then it may not be all hype......

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2007, 11:02:49 AM »

lol...watch Ronaldinho bussin ah wine on blondie, de man look like he might be dancing tuh some Baron  :D

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2007, 11:05:48 AM »
I get the impression that most professional athletes party alot- not sure what the fuss is about. They have alot of money, and relatively alot of free time. Many pro athletes don't come from money either so excess is sort of a celebration of success. They are also in great shape, so they often have the resilience to bounce back from a hard night out, without the average person even realizing it. A good partner of mine who lived in Manchester said that seeing the players (especially the young single ones) out at bars was a common thing (he said he never saw Beckham out though...)...and no one really makes a fuss. The only time the media cares is when a habit of partying coincides with a dip in form- and that is what happened to Ronaldinho. The reason for his "dip in form" could have nothing to do with him going out...(do you really think Ronaldinho just started partying?)... but if the statements about LaPorta & Rijkaard being concerned are true- then it may not be all hype......

True talk dey...even me who cyah kick mih way out ah plastic bag, back in de day man was up in de club 4 o'clock in de morning yet at 9 I at mih desk normal normal.  Lemme try dat now and yuh'll see, lol

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2007, 04:00:39 PM »

Més que un club.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2007, 04:05:18 PM »
He goan miss the game against Zaragoza as well.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2007, 04:22:43 PM »
Talk of divorce hung heavy in the Spanish air Tuesday with Ronaldinho's forecast split from Barcelona filling the back pages.

Fuelled by reports from London that Chelsea were preparing to table a 70 million euro bid for the out-of-sorts Brazil striker newspapers here predicted separation would come sooner rather than later.

Spanish media claim Barcelona are fed up with the 2005 Footballer of the Year's poor form while the player himself has grown tired of the repeated attacks on his private life.

He has kept a distinctly low profile since being accused of late night binges before games five days ago with the official line being that he is recovering from a muscle problem which kept him out of Barca's game against Sevilla last Saturday.

Absent from training on Monday he is certain to miss Barcelona's match against Real Zaragoza on Wednesday.

Barca president Joan Laporta declared on Monday they needed "to help (Ronaldinho) to regain his best form so that he doesn't feel isolated".

Laporta insisted that he had not yet "received any firm offers" for the star forward, whether from AC Milan or Chelsea.

Barca coach Frank Rijkaard said the criticism of the player was unjustified and ruled out transferring him.

"It's not fair - people forget the incredible value (he brings to the team)," Rijkaard told reporters.

"It's thanks to him that Barca are where they are," the Dutchman added.

Saying that he wanted the player to get fit, Rijkaard added: "We are all human. He is too. And when he feels fit again he will be back to the player we all know. He is a very important player for us."

Nonetheless, such praise contrasted with the "ultimatum" reportedly issued to Ronaldinho by his Catalan employees.

According to sports daily Marca he was told: "If you don't change you'll find yourself on the street."

Marca on Tuesday declared "there was no doubt" that the club would sell one of the jewels in its crown at the end of the season or during the winter transfer window.

The 27-year-old forward's brother and agent, Roberto de Assis, commenting on the growing rift on Monday, told The Sun newspaper: "I'm sure that a campaign exists against Ronaldinho.

"He is doing everything he can in order to return to his very best and soon he will see the fruits of his hard work. He will be at a high level again soon.

"I have read many absurd stories about his nightlife and I do not want to comment on them. Ronaldinho still has four years on his contract at Barcelona and he is calm."

Despite being jeered by fans in the Nou Camp, criticised by former Barca star Johann Cruyff, and sidelined by Rijkaard, Ronaldinho can still count on the support of his teammates.

Lionel Messi dedicated his two-goal haul against Sevilla to him on Saturday while Italian defender Gianluca Zambrotta insisted there was nothing wrong with having a drink 48 hours before kick-off as Ronaldinho is supposed to have done recently.

Ronaldinho joined Barcelona in 2003 and his silky skills have helped them to two league titles and the Champions League in 2006

Més que un club.

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2007, 06:03:30 PM »
Training test for Ronaldinho

Sandra Sarmiento / Roger Bogunyà

The Brazilian took to the Camp Nou turf this afternoon to evaluate how his leg injury is standing up.

fzue1218.jpgRonaldinho appeared on the Camp Nou pitch in the company of his fitness coach at 6.00 and exercised for 30 minutes. The short session was designed to put the player through his paces and test what progress has been made as the player tries to get match fit as soon as possible.

Different exercises

fzue1136.jpgRonaldinho missed the weekend fixture against Sevilla, and will not be making the midweek trip to Zaragoza either. His individual session concentrated on coordination movements and running at different speeds, with a particular focus on the way his body is supported.

The Brazilian also did some work with the ball, although this was kept to the minimum and was never too strenuous for fear of provoking further damage.

Fans show their support
It was a huge thrill for the tourists enjoying the Camp Nou Tour to get the chance to see one of the finest players in the world in the flesh. Huge crowds gathered to watch the Brazilian train, and chanted his name in demonstration of their support. The Barça star, ready as ever to acknowledge the Barça faithful, responded with his now famous surfers gesture.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2007, 12:42:57 PM »

I feel that blond hair thing get sort out that night

Disgruntled, wey eh no friends and thing eh, but ah big man, is ah big man, nice avatar dey sah, ah rate date one  :o. Andre, yuh geeting some competition here boi, Disgruntled step it up. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 03:50:41 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2007, 12:45:40 PM »

Disgruntled, wey eh no friends and thing eh, but big man, is ah big man, nice avatar dey sah, ah rate date one  :o. Andre boi, yuh geeting some competition here boi, Disgruntled step it up. HIGHLY BLESSED.

yeah, thanks
I have some others rest down they to buss out in ah timing

Més que un club.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2007, 01:23:24 PM »
Barcelona produced their best performance of the season to unravel Real Zaragoza with four first half goals.

Argentine winger Lionel Messi found the net after just five minutes but Zaragoza's Alberto Zapater equalised four minutes later.

However, the 2006 European champions quickly got back into their stride and Messi took barely a minute before he sent a cross from Deco into the back of the net to give Barca the lead again.

Andres Iniesta and Rafa Marquez added more goals before the break before the Catalan club stepped off the gas in the second half.

Thierry Henry once again disappointed and - with the crowd chanting 'Ronaldinho, Ronaldinho' and clamouring for the return of the Brazilian - squandered several chances late in the game despite the best efforts of his team mates to set him up with a gilt-edged goal scoring chance.

Més que un club.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2007, 04:04:29 PM »

Disgruntled, wey eh no friends and thing eh, but big man, is ah big man, nice avatar dey sah, ah rate date one  :o. Andre boi, yuh geeting some competition here boi, Disgruntled step it up. HIGHLY BLESSED.

yeah, thanks
I have some others rest down they to buss out in ah timing

Yeah meh breddah, bring dem out man. As yuh probably know by now, ah like ah lil kid when it come tuh avatars, ah just love tuh check dem out. Some ah meh favorites and leaders here wid avatars are Andre, Sam, Sando and of course de one yuh have dey join de bunch now. There are some avatars dat ah could see it one hundred times, and ah will smile and think it funny all de time. Yuh see Sam, Sando and de one yuh have up dey, tuh me dey are life time avatars, dey cud stay dey fuh as long as you want. Some times ah does want tuh be creative 2 eh, but as ah player, ah love meh Latapy, so for now is only Latapy replacing Latapy  :beermug:. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

1]; } ?>