February 24, 2024, 04:47:37 AM

Author Topic: Better playing surfaces  (Read 8971 times)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Better playing surfaces
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2007, 11:21:44 AM »
Aye Breds Coops cool,no hard feelings,we are all Trinis i guess and is one of the ways we that live away from home can keep connected,share ideas,make friends etc etc i just can't understand the fightdown but this will be my last post on this topic,it's something good that we have lets improve the standard,if we want T&T Football to improve it have to start here.

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2007, 11:40:19 AM »
Ok I ask touches about his playing days, I think thatís a legit question you think if  a coach has never kick a ball in his life could go and coach a big team no never happen its easy to say this player coulder and shoulder do this on the playing field when yah sitting in your living room watching the game, my points is plenty men on this site does watch the EPL. And Arsenal see the game playing simple one two pass and think its easy, that type off game take skills, good passing  and control. The reason for me questioning  de man was I find that the standards he holds the team with is high and thatís his standards (touches) he sent me a personal message and he clear de air on his playing days me myself Iím a recreational player but understands the game of football enough to know that the standard of play for our national team is not as high as some mite think donít get me wrong I love my team and no matter who we playing I expect us to win but some time we have to be realistic with our evaluations.
Thatís one issue the other is bake n shark I donít know if your male or female but you do act like a female always trying to pick fights even if its not yours I donít know you and you donít know me so lets just leave it like that all Iím trying to do is come up with good topics to help or program because you never know whoís viewing the forum looking for good ideas we all should be work to one goal   and that is the betterment off our football back home and last but no lease we all canít agree on everything thatís life but we shouldnít blast people because you just want to make yourself feel better.     
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2007, 12:06:34 PM »
uh oh...
Should I get some popcorn?
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2007, 12:40:04 PM »
oh oh I gone too boi coops  ;D la8ez

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2007, 03:22:55 PM »
Is the topic still on playing surfaces or coaches?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2007, 03:47:05 PM »
Ok I ask touches about his playing days, I think thatís a legit question you think if† a coach has never kick a ball in his life could go and coach a big team no never happen its easy to say this player coulder and shoulder do this on the playing field when yah sitting in your living room watching the game, my points is plenty men on this site does watch the EPL. And Arsenal see the game playing simple one two pass and think its easy, that type off game take skills, good passing† and control. The reason for me questioning† de man was I find that the standards he holds the team with is high and thatís his standards (touches) he sent me a personal message and he clear de air on his playing days me myself Iím a recreational player but understands the game of football enough to know that the standard of play for our national team is not as high as some mite think donít get me wrong I love my team and no matter who we playing I expect us to win but some time we have to be realistic with our evaluations.
Thatís one issue the other is bake n shark I donít know if your male or female but you do act like a female always trying to pick fights even if its not yours I donít know you and you donít know me so lets just leave it like that all Iím trying to do is come up with good topics to help or program because you never know whoís viewing the forum looking for good ideas we all should be work to one goal† †and that is the betterment off our football back home and last but no lease we all canít agree on everything thatís life but we shouldnít blast people because you just want to make yourself feel better.† † †

Wow...all ah dat? lol.† For those of you running for cover and running for popcorn or what not...not even necessary because this really to schupid to respond to with any kind of back and forth.†

I referenced you asking Touches if he ever play ball to illustrate a point that Quagmire was making...that the ole talk, the "mouth murdering" as you put it, been going on long before the 'new members' show up.† I dunno why you felt it necessary to justify your comments towards Touches, since I asked for none, and no one was taking you to task for it.† Exhibit A about you being touchy.

Next, you feel it necessary to question my manhood for reasons known only to yourself.† As you put it I "like to pick fights" even when not my own.† All I do on here is to come chat and respond to posts accordingly.† I am assertive when I make my points because a solid 90% of the times I'm confident of what I'm saying and when challenged I can support my stance with reason and fact.† Some take this as me feeling like I "know it all", or feel "my opinion is de only one that counts" and now I "picking fights"....you'd swear this forum was filled with a bunch of insecure teenage girls, cough too hard in their direction and they start with the histrionics.† If you make your comments on a public forum then know that you are subjecting them to scrutiny...some will agree with you, some† won't.† No need to take most of what's said on here personal, that's the response of a fragile mind in my book...but whatever rocks your world hero.

I came in, crack my li'l joke...let yuh know was nutten personal and proceeded to try and keep yuh thread on track...put down mih books fuh ah second to take ah breather and come to read you telling me I does act like ah female.† I can only assume that you are eminently qualified to describe the behavior when you see it.† Funny too that the very thing Coop's complaining about is the thing you're doing now.† The very thing that runs counter to what you yourself criticise at the end of your post...personal attacks.† I'm still trying to understand what it is about my post to you that you feel the need to take it there?† Me ent complaining, because I will dish as good as I take, but I'm curious still.† Admittedly I'm assuming here, but maybe you didn't appreciate the tenor of my comments relative Coops, but if that's the case then how really is that any concern of yours, if that's the case?† You'd have to know more about why I said what I said.† Of course you don't care about that...you have yuh axe to grind (join de line it getting long) against Bake n Shark so yuh decide to pelt chop.

I realize from long before I started posting that there is a certain clique mentality here among many and that's cool.† I have no problems being cool with peeps but me eh really pressed about making friends and being part of no crew, so if that means that I stand in isolation on my positions then so be it...like me, doh like me, same difference really.† As I've stated, I'll be around as long as the moderators see fit, and when the day comes that my presence is no longer compatible with the delicate sensibilities on display here then we'll just part company none the worse for it.† If my comments continue to rub you or anyone else the wrong way then hard luck...cyah help allyuh there, just try and skip over my post as much as allyuh can and that way keep allyuh feelings intact.

:beermug:
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 03:53:01 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2007, 04:06:07 PM »
Like Clockwork...

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2007, 06:38:25 PM »
Is the topic still on playing surfaces or coaches?
The feilds down there have to much picker ,u know the one when touch it it close up . Cutting up your calf and foot ,and doh fall on yours hands eh jeeze .

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2007, 07:19:29 PM »
with new technology the playing surface is almost floorless

Have to admit....ah love dah one.. ;D ;D

Say wha all yuh want oui, I only now read this thread and cyar get past Palos response. Wha make it even worse is, Bally went back and modify he post from 'floorless' to 'flourless' :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Wham Bally yuh trying tuh kill ppl hear or wha† :rotfl: :rotfl:l†† :rotfl:
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2007, 07:25:51 PM »
Quagmire, that picant bush is called teemawee. I know some forwards use to like to take the ball down by the teemawee patch and dare them defenders to slide tackle them.

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2007, 10:40:37 PM »
Quagmire, that picant bush is called teemawee. I know some forwards use to like to take the ball down by the teemawee patch and dare them defenders to slide tackle them.
I torte de ting name is Tee Marreeee.  Somebody stop meh if ah wrong please...cause ah never saw de word in de dictionary no where.  but it have some on de grass here in baltimore too.  Some big nice ones

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2007, 11:05:09 PM »

Next, you feel it necessary to question my manhood for reasons known only to yourself.  As you put it I "like to pick fights" even when not my own.  All I do on here is to come chat and respond to posts accordingly.  I am assertive when I make my points because a solid 90% of the times I'm confident of what I'm saying and when challenged I can support my stance with reason and fact.  Some take this as me feeling like I "know it all", or feel "my opinion is de only one that counts" and now I "picking fights"....you'd swear this forum was filled with a bunch of insecure teenage girls, cough too hard in their direction and they start with the histrionics.  If you make your comments on a public forum then know that you are subjecting them to scrutiny...some will agree with you, some  won't.  No need to take most of what's said on here personal, that's the response of a fragile mind in my book...but whatever rocks your world hero.

I came in, crack my li'l joke...let yuh know was nutten personal and proceeded to try and keep yuh thread on track...put down mih books fuh ah second to take ah breather and come to read you telling me I does act like ah female.  I can only assume that you are eminently qualified to describe the behavior when you see it.  Funny too that the very thing Coop's complaining about is the thing you're doing now.  The very thing that runs counter to what you yourself criticise at the end of your post...personal attacks.  I'm still trying to understand what it is about my post to you that you feel the need to take it there?  Me ent complaining, because I will dish as good as I take, but I'm curious still.  Admittedly I'm assuming here, but maybe you didn't appreciate the tenor of my comments relative Coops, but if that's the case then how really is that any concern of yours, if that's the case?  You'd have to know more about why I said what I said.  Of course you don't care about that...you have yuh axe to grind (join de line it getting long) against Bake n Shark so yuh decide to pelt chop.

I realize from long before I started posting that there is a certain clique mentality here among many and that's cool.  I have no problems being cool with peeps but me eh really pressed about making friends and being part of no crew, so if that means that I stand in isolation on my positions then so be it...like me, doh like me, same difference really.  As I've stated, I'll be around as long as the moderators see fit, and when the day comes that my presence is no longer compatible with the delicate sensibilities on display here then we'll just part company none the worse for it.  If my comments continue to rub you or anyone else the wrong way then hard luck...cyah help allyuh there, just try and skip over my post as much as allyuh can and that way keep allyuh feelings intact.

bake and shark..

no one has an issue with the fact that you are confident.. nor the fact that yuh strongly believe in yuh opinion.. matter of fact, if yuh arrogant and proud of it, nobody ent really care bout dat neither..  what does really bother people is the fact that you seem so proud to be an asshole... it scary...

it would be all good if you make your point and support it with evidence.. and then participate in a fruitful exchange of ideas and opinions that would lend to intelligent discussion like you try to make people believe you do.. disagreement is great, we get different perspectives..  but thats not what happens is it??  what happens is you color your responses with a setta unnecessary insults, distasteful expletives and personal attacks to try to force your position home; especially when faced with a contradictory opinion with some meat in it.. then we have 3 pages of useless back-and-forth hogwash that really ent adding nothing positive to the board..

you might equate a poster taking issue with that to be fragile, sensitive or weak or however you want to term it.. but it ent about that nuh.. 

it just hard for a man who coming to talk a lil issue and participate in a positive discussion to descend into the childish, immature catfight that most threads featuring yourself inevitably end up getting to.. all in all that ent really doin nothing for nobody, and any poster in his right mind would probably just ignore that and move along or not bother to post altogether..

it sad though.. cause you seem like a fellah with some sense, and with a correct and more mature mentality i think you could be a real asset to this board.. but as it stands, all you really are is a borderline troll with an unproductive agenda..

predictable as you are, you'll probably respond to this post with some expletives, a few insults, or maybe something about head and ass, then adopt yuh siege mentality.. but until you could find ah way to stick yuh head thru the monitor and tell me something straight to meh face, is water off a duck back...

so in de meantime here what to do.. go take a long look in de mirror, see urself for all u are and what u about, make a big wheel and come again...

and lewwe keep de vibes positive..

:beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2007, 11:28:43 PM »
I torte de ting name is Tee Marreeee.† Somebody stop meh if ah wrong please...cause ah never saw de word in de dictionary no where.† but it have some on de grass here in baltimore too.† Some big nice ones

From what I've been able to determine the word is timarie, French-Trinidadian patois: Ti-Marie, from the French Petite Marie, "Little Mary". Some french-creole immigrant must have thought its tiny leaves, closing when touched, looked like praying hands....adapted from something Anthony Milne (of the Express) wrote.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2007, 11:33:06 PM »

bake and shark..

no one has an issue with the fact that you are confident.. nor the fact that yuh strongly believe in yuh opinion.. matter of fact, if yuh arrogant and proud of it, nobody ent really care bout dat neither..† what does really bother people is the fact that you seem so proud to be an asshole... it scary...

it would be all good if you make your point and support it with evidence.. and then participate in a fruitful exchange of ideas and opinions that would lend to intelligent discussion like you try to make people believe you do.. disagreement is great, we get different perspectives..† but thats not what happens is it??† what happens is you color your responses with a setta unnecessary insults, distasteful expletives and personal attacks to try to force your position home; especially when faced with a contradictory opinion with some meat in it.. then we have 3 pages of useless back-and-forth hogwash that really ent adding nothing positive to the board..

you might equate a poster taking issue with that to be fragile, sensitive or weak or however you want to term it.. but it ent about that nuh..†

it just hard for a man who coming to talk a lil issue and participate in a positive discussion to descend into the childish, immature catfight that most threads featuring yourself inevitably end up getting to.. all in all that ent really doin nothing for nobody, and any poster in his right mind would probably just ignore that and move along or not bother to post altogether..

it sad though.. cause you seem like a fellah with some sense, and with a correct and more mature mentality i think you could be a real asset to this board.. but as it stands, all you really are is a borderline troll with an unproductive agenda..

predictable as you are, you'll probably respond to this post with some expletives, a few insults, or maybe something about head and ass, then adopt yuh siege mentality.. but until you could find ah way to stick yuh head thru the monitor and tell me something straight to meh face, is water off a duck back...

so in de meantime here what to do.. go take a long look in de mirror, see urself for all u are and what u about, make a big wheel and come again...

Nonsense.

Moving on...
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 11:39:43 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2007, 12:30:20 AM »
Flikin clockwork..but not popcorn worthy.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2007, 01:24:22 AM »
Flikin clockwork..but not popcorn worthy.
ok, i goin back to sleep den ;D
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 01:28:30 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2007, 05:52:43 AM »
Come on fellas, this ain't a hold hand counselling session.

There is a feature called the Personal Message (PM) that is more suited to long dissertations about expressing, managing & resolving personality differences.

What was this thread about again?
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2007, 06:33:34 PM »
Come on fellas, this ain't a hold hand counselling session.

There is a feature called the Personal Message (PM) that is more suited to long dissertations about expressing, managing & resolving personality differences.

What was this thread about again?
Mustbe about how the ,what suppose to be a feild of dreams for players,is really filled with thorns in trinbago football .
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 09:06:40 PM by Quagmire »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2007, 07:57:02 PM »
Getting back to the topic of better playing surfaces. The Washington Post had an article today about high school and county playing fields. More and more schools in the metro area are going to turf field. The coaches say they prefer natural grass, but do not have the budget to upkeep. The next best thing for them is field turf. The costs vary. If there is a playing field with parking,  lights and concession already the cost is about 400,000.00. If they starting from scratch the cost is about 800,000.00 to a million.

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2007, 08:07:04 PM »

Next, you feel it necessary to question my manhood for reasons known only to yourself.† As you put it I "like to pick fights" even when not my own.† All I do on here is to come chat and respond to posts accordingly.† I am assertive when I make my points because a solid 90% of the times I'm confident of what I'm saying and when challenged I can support my stance with reason and fact.† Some take this as me feeling like I "know it all", or feel "my opinion is de only one that counts" and now I "picking fights"....you'd swear this forum was filled with a bunch of insecure teenage girls, cough too hard in their direction and they start with the histrionics.† If you make your comments on a public forum then know that you are subjecting them to scrutiny...some will agree with you, some† won't.† No need to take most of what's said on here personal, that's the response of a fragile mind in my book...but whatever rocks your world hero.

I came in, crack my li'l joke...let yuh know was nutten personal and proceeded to try and keep yuh thread on track...put down mih books fuh ah second to take ah breather and come to read you telling me I does act like ah female.† I can only assume that you are eminently qualified to describe the behavior when you see it.† Funny too that the very thing Coop's complaining about is the thing you're doing now.† The very thing that runs counter to what you yourself criticise at the end of your post...personal attacks.† I'm still trying to understand what it is about my post to you that you feel the need to take it there?† Me ent complaining, because I will dish as good as I take, but I'm curious still.† Admittedly I'm assuming here, but maybe you didn't appreciate the tenor of my comments relative Coops, but if that's the case then how really is that any concern of yours, if that's the case?† You'd have to know more about why I said what I said.† Of course you don't care about that...you have yuh axe to grind (join de line it getting long) against Bake n Shark so yuh decide to pelt chop.

I realize from long before I started posting that there is a certain clique mentality here among many and that's cool.† I have no problems being cool with peeps but me eh really pressed about making friends and being part of no crew, so if that means that I stand in isolation on my positions then so be it...like me, doh like me, same difference really.† As I've stated, I'll be around as long as the moderators see fit, and when the day comes that my presence is no longer compatible with the delicate sensibilities on display here then we'll just part company none the worse for it.† If my comments continue to rub you or anyone else the wrong way then hard luck...cyah help allyuh there, just try and skip over my post as much as allyuh can and that way keep allyuh feelings intact.

bake and shark..

no one has an issue with the fact that you are confident.. nor the fact that yuh strongly believe in yuh opinion.. matter of fact, if yuh arrogant and proud of it, nobody ent really care bout dat neither..† what does really bother people is the fact that you seem so proud to be an asshole... it scary...

it would be all good if you make your point and support it with evidence.. and then participate in a fruitful exchange of ideas and opinions that would lend to intelligent discussion like you try to make people believe you do.. disagreement is great, we get different perspectives..† but thats not what happens is it??† what happens is you color your responses with a setta unnecessary insults, distasteful expletives and personal attacks to try to force your position home; especially when faced with a contradictory opinion with some meat in it.. then we have 3 pages of useless back-and-forth hogwash that really ent adding nothing positive to the board..

you might equate a poster taking issue with that to be fragile, sensitive or weak or however you want to term it.. but it ent about that nuh..†

Buh A A ..Bake n Shark yuh eh tell we yuh fadda does post on de site to ..licks ..:rotfl: :rotfl:
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

1]; } ?>