April 25, 2024, 03:35:50 AM

Author Topic: Watch this space!!  (Read 18123 times)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Watch this space!!
« on: September 14, 2007, 01:38:06 PM »
Just to prewarn everybody that there will be several items concerning FPATT and also the blacklisted players in the local (and hopefully global) press over the next week.

We are hoping that the first article of interest will be in local papers over the weekend.

You will probably see these before I do, so please post any articles here!

Oh, and by the way, they will be very, very, hot items!!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Watch this space!!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 01:54:23 PM »
Can we expect a website from FPATT anytime soon?

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 02:08:06 PM »
Hopefully it will be good news for T&T football. God willing the players and FPATT will  soon see the fruits of their sacrifice and hard work.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 02:09:49 PM »

Mate, its under construction, but we've had a few delays. Once its launched, it will still be a work in progress, so don't expect anything too flashy yet!!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 02:33:28 PM »

Mate, its under construction, but we've had a few delays. Once its launched, it will still be a work in progress, so don't expect anything too flashy yet!!
That's okay...one step at a time, just good to have that internet presence all the same.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 03:43:17 PM »

If anything the website could just have a compilation of past articles and press releases.  Should be easy to do with minimal maintenance no?

At least you will be guaranteed info is available anywhere regardless of which media houses take it up   :beermug:

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2007, 04:37:57 PM »
Great News.....Keep up all the hard work.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 07:03:51 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2007, 04:40:52 PM »
Thanx FPATT... Looking forward to some good news... :praying:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2007, 05:19:07 PM »
Cant wait to read it
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2007, 05:24:47 PM »
like I told you Mr. Harrison you have my full support. Anything I can do to spread the word?

Once the website goes live make sure to add Google Ads to increase traffic to the website

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2007, 06:58:44 PM »
We keepin' we fingers cross!  ;)  :beermug:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2007, 07:03:01 PM »
Me eh expecting good news is JW we dealong with. I just want d world to know that he is ah tie tounge tief. It will take d world embarassing JW and pressure from he partners in FIFA to get this nonesense to end. He partners in FIFA being the key mean it go be a long time b4 dis is settle.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2007, 07:05:58 PM »
Me eh expecting good news is JW we dealong with. I just want d world to know that he is ah tie tounge tief. It will take d world embarassing JW and pressure from he partners in FIFA to get this nonesense to end. He partners in FIFA being the key mean it go be a long time b4 dis is settle.

Hold strain, Weary, if certain tings fall in place fuh FPATT, jw go get he lix.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2007, 07:12:55 PM »
Is a good ting is strain and not meh breath ah would a dead long time
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2007, 10:09:29 PM »
BOBOL
T&TFF got more than $173m

Lasana Liburd
Trinidad Express
Saturday, September 15th 2007

Flashback: Soca Warriors captain Dwight Yorke, centre, dribbles his way past England players during their group match at the 2006 Fifa World Cup in Germany.
[/i]

The aggrieved Trinidad and Tobago 2006 World Cup football players received a boost to their bonus battle with the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) yesterday, when they were informed that their former employers received in excess of TT$173 million for their part in the prestigious tournament in Germany.

The financial disclosure was made by the Trinidad and Tobago government after a request by the players' England-based legal representatives, Bates, Wells and Brathwaite London LLP Solicitors, on August 22, 2007, in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act.

The details provided to the London-based legal team, according to a fax from Ministry of Sports and Youth Affairs legal adviser Brent Williams, were extracted from "Cabinet documents and other Governmental and Non-Governmental donors to the TTFF".

In addition to the $173,690,113.50 received by the T&TFF from the public and private sectors, the government also gave the "Soca Warriors" and national technical staff a $32 million bonus. The figure also excludes gate receipts from World Cup qualifying and friendly matches and broadcast rights, including television revenue from games against Iceland, Peru, Wales, Slovenia and the Czech Republic.

It is in stark contrast to the declared income of $18,255,952-nearly $156 million less-which T&TFF general secretary Richard Groden presented to the players last October.

The T&TFF also claimed expenses of $17,973,749, which left just $282,203 in revenue. The players were told their pre-World Cup deal entitled them to half that figure or $141,102-a split of $5,644.08 per player with an equal share for injured player Silvio Spann and the Football Players Association of Trinidad and Tobago (FPATT).

After the players rejected this figure, the T&TFF "revised" their calculations and came up with a net profit of $950,403.49, which, they claimed, waived investment in the South Africa 2010 campaign.

The players were offered half of this figure or $475,201.75, which equated to $19,008.07 per player. The second T&TFF offer was also refused by the Warriors.

The T&TFF statement of income and expenditure was audited by Kenny Rampersad and Company, a long standing partner of the local football body. Kenny Rampersad was once authorised to represent Simpaul Travel while the company was owned by FIFA vice-president Jack Warner and his family.

Warner, who is a special adviser to the T&TFF, brokered the controversial pre-World Cup deal with the Warriors and repeatedly criticised the players for refusing to accept the T&TFF's unaudited statement.

But the players' lead counsel, Englishman Michael Townley, believes that the new financial details, faxed by Williams, are a massive plus to their case.

"We have never been able to work out exactly what the income was (from the World Cup) and we now have figures so that we can actually work out the players' entitlement," Townley told the Express. "It is a huge gap that (FIFA vice-president Jack Warner) will have to explain.

"It also helps our case because the T&TFF incurred various costs around the way which we didn't accept but, even if we did, now we find out that the costs were covered along the way by the government."

Oliver Camps, the T&TFF president, could not explain the vast difference between the two financial statements. He was driving when contacted by the Express and, he explained, could not concentrate on figures at the time.

He did not feel he could help if the Express contacted him later either.

"I would prefer if you call (T&TFF general secretary) Richard Groden, who should have all that information," said Camps, who has led the local body for over a decade.

Groden was not at the T&TFF headquarters when the Express called and the staff were not certain when he would return.

The revised World Cup revenue sheet, if accepted as fact, means that the 16 World Cup players who challenged their masters could be due at least $6,947,604.54 each for their participation in Germany. This figure should rise based on television revenue and gate receipts.

The T&TFF blacklisted the players after they threatened legal action last October and refused to allow them to represent their country. The banned Warriors include Sunderland striker Kenwyne Jones, Southampton striker and record national scorer Stern John, Gillingham goalkeeper Kelvin Jack, new Vibe CT 105 W Connection midfielder Aurtis Whitley and the CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh duo of attacker Cornell Glen and full back Cyd Gray.

Townley travels to Trinidad next week for a court hearing on Friday, September 21, regarding the bonus dispute. The T&TFF are recommending that the matter be referred to arbitration but the players will resist.

"(The T&TFF) want the case to go to arbitration rather than court although, on October 24, 2006, we asked if there was an arbitration process and they never answered. We go to court and they then say there is an arbitration process and want to strike it out of civil court," Townley said.

The London lawyer is not against using "a robust, independent arbitration body like CAS (Switzerland-based Court of Arbitration for Sport) but is wary of any arbitration machinery recommended by the T&TFF.

"We are not going to stop (our court action) just because they don't like it, said Townley.

"I feel very confident that we will succeed next Friday and the case will not be taken out of the civil court.

"The players have been saying for months that they are owed a significant amount of money and that there needs to be transparency in the process. I think the disclosure from the government agency vindicates this and also is a further blow to the credibility of the T&TFF."

« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 10:19:56 PM by dcs »

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2007, 10:09:59 PM »
I guessing this might end up with its own thread but I posting it here cuz FPATT say watch dis space   :devil:

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2007, 10:31:16 PM »
Nah u do the rite ting ,he coulda break the story if he wanted .They should jail  ,jack and he boys ass for money laundering or sumting fraud sumting

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2007, 10:32:26 PM »
"The aggrieved Trinidad and Tobago 2006 World Cup football players received a boost to their bonus battle with the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) yesterday, when they were informed that their former employers received in excess of TT$173 million for their part in the prestigious tournament in Germany."
and day give de players $2.03 each.

SERIOUSLY, how can Sepp Blatter and Jackula sleep at night......just disgusting..........and then there are people here who SUPPORT Jackula even with ALL that has been presented showing how much of a tie tongue ole tief he is.
They just cant seem to wrap their mind around the FACT how well TnT would do if that money would be invested back into TnT football..... :-\
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 10:40:50 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2007, 10:38:45 PM »
That 173 mill is just local ,or that include Adiass and ebay monies too

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2007, 10:42:13 PM »
Nah u do the rite ting ,he coulda break the story if he wanted .They should jail  ,jack and he boys ass for money laundering or sumting fraud sumting
I wonder why the government cant charge the people in TTFF with fraud.

i feel this total ent even dealing with that money.
""Cabinet documents and other Governmental and Non-Governmental donors to the TTFF"."
on second reading it seems to include that money.

dis fella, Michael Townley, might get the same reception that Warner gave Mr. Andrew Jennings.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 11:06:25 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2007, 10:53:58 PM »
"Oliver Camps, the T&TFF president, could not explain the vast difference between the two financial statements. He was driving when contacted by the Express and, he explained, could not concentrate on figures at the time.

He did not feel he could help if the Express contacted him later either.

"I would prefer if you call (T&TFF general secretary) Richard Groden, who should have all that information," said Camps, who has led the local body for over a decade.

Groden was not at the T&TFF headquarters when the Express called and the staff were not certain when he would return.
"

Ssssssssssstttttttttttttttttttteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupppppppppppsssssssssssssss

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2007, 10:56:50 PM »
" I think the disclosure from the government agency vindicates this and also is a further blow to the credibility of the T&TFF."

That is the understatment of the year!!!
The TTFF has had enough opportunity to come clean, this is no time to request arbitration, that boat done sail a long time ago.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 11:03:58 PM by takenoprisoners »

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2007, 10:58:55 PM »
Nah u do the rite ting ,he coulda break the story if he wanted .They should jail  ,jack and he boys ass for money laundering or sumting fraud sumting

Fraud ,embezzlement misrepresenting public funds ,is bobol there to owha .Freedom of information is ah good start doh Cheers Minister

i feel this total ent even dealing with that money.
I  feel so ,the way  Minister Williams word it ,is just the money that pass tru there system ,Jack eint go let he private deals go tru them .
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 11:05:24 PM by Quagmire »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2007, 11:03:44 PM »

TTFF is a private entity...whatever they do with their money is not an issue for the Government.  Would be differently if they misappropriated public funds...or the funds of investors.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2007, 11:07:46 PM »

TTFF is a private entity...whatever they do with their money is not an issue for the Government.  Would be differently if they misappropriated public funds...or the funds of investors.

Ok but didnt the Government give money to them and if so could they not investigate.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2007, 11:19:24 PM »

Ok but didnt the Government give money to them and if so could they not investigate.

As I understand it the gov't donation did not come with any legal bearings on the specifics of how it was to be spent. A kinda "free" money thing, like donating to a charity that claims to give $$ to orphanages. If no specific claim is made as in "we'll give $100 to 2 orphanages", then if they give $.01 and spend $99.99 on salaries then they can legally claim to have fullfilled their mandate. I am not in law, so others could tell me if I'm off on that one.

AKA in N. America as corporate welfare
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 11:22:41 PM by ZANDOLIE »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2007, 11:42:11 PM »

As I understand it the gov't donation did not come with any legal bearings on the specifics of how it was to be spent. A kinda "free" money thing, like donating to a charity that claims to give $$ to orphanages. If no specific claim is made as in "we'll give $100 to 2 orphanages", then if they give $.01 and spend $99.99 on salaries then they can legally claim to have fullfilled their mandate. I am not in law, so others could tell me if I'm off on that one.

Close...except the government money wasn't a donation per se, but a 'goodwill gesture' if you will.  The government was just buying some political capital by piggybacking on the outpouring of pride and nationalism that followed the Germany campaign.  They didn't want to lose face to one of their biggest political opponents (Jack and the UNC) so they was trying to be in thing by giving away public money.  Unless there was some type of stipulation as to how the funds were supposed to be spent then the recipient (TTFF) is free to spend...or not spend, as they see fit.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 11:44:45 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2007, 12:20:32 AM »

As much as this $$ should have been disclosed to the players I not so sure it counts toward income in calculating their cut.  From what I remember it was 50% of sponsorship $$.  Don't think government $$ counts as such.  What they could say is that it covered some of the expense items they were deducting for.

Can't help but think all these details should have been clearly worked out before hand and put on paper. This verbal agreement nonsense is a pain.  How long until football get back on track cleaning up this mess. 

STEUPSE

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2007, 12:57:35 AM »

Close...except the government money wasn't a donation per se, but a 'goodwill gesture' if you will.  The government was just buying some political capital by piggybacking on the outpouring of pride and nationalism that followed the Germany campaign.  They didn't want to lose face to one of their biggest political opponents (Jack and the UNC) so they was trying to be in thing by giving away public money.  Unless there was some type of stipulation as to how the funds were supposed to be spent then the recipient (TTFF) is free to spend...or not spend, as they see fit.

I used that analogy b/c this situation reminded me of the fire an' brimstone Southern preacher who encouraged people to send him money so he could donate it to an orphanage in Haiti. He even showed video footage of himself visiting the orphanage. You know de scene; poor black children with distended bellies, far away look in their eyes, cobo rushin dem, yadda yadda . De man was huggin dem up, blessin dem; he bawlin big tears an all kina ting, beggin people to sen $$$. The priest in charge of the orphanage say how the preacher is de sword of God, how he save X amount of children life etc, etc. Well 60 minutes or somebody do a expose on him. Yuh know mih boy was sending  only $20-$30/month to de damn orphanage and pocketin MILLIONS! They even talk to the priest. The priest tell them he had to smile and let the man gallery because $20month better than nutten.

The poeple that donated this money, much of whom were elderly African-American widows looking to do some good in the world, were not legally entitled to a single penny in compensation. Robert Tilton was his name.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 01:03:11 AM by ZANDOLIE »

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2007, 01:01:20 AM »
FPATT be carefull that whilst you are looking to fix the injustice dealt to the players at the same time you guys not doing serious damage to Trinidad and Tobago credibility as a nation.
This big press or media coverage you guys looking for might be all well and good to enlighten the world about the going ons in TTFF and Jack Warner's dynasty but that doh win court cases.
What is the objective?
To make sure the players get what they were promised?
Or is it also in the plan to bring down TTFF and Jack Warner?
Whilst we all would like to have the latter done, remember TT is a small community by global standards and a lot of hard working innocent people will also be affected.
If the target of getting Jack out of our football is acheived an immediate cash flow problem will kick in and the Government will not be able to fill the gap not because they don't want to but because of how Government works.
A lot of people from managers to cleaners will in end up in CEPEP.
Plenty of the ongoing football programs going to come to a halt , because coachs and other staff not going to be paid etc.
I might be going over the top with a doomsday scenario but people better be seriously planning an alternative to what exists if the football is to continue to rise and not fall off.

Whilst all this going on in the glare of the world media descriptions like banana republic and corrupt ridden society bound to surface, that does nothing to the already badly beaten self esteem of nationals at home and abroad even if the description might be true.

I suggest that FPATT makes sure that the media releases are even handed and not sensationalist so that it could be understood that this whole mess is because of a handfull of greedy people and not an entire organisation and by extension nation.
Ah want de woman on de bass

1]; } ?>