March 29, 2024, 05:07:58 AM

Author Topic: Spurs v Arsenal  (Read 4114 times)

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Spurs v Arsenal
« on: September 15, 2007, 09:13:16 AM »
what a game folks, arsenal had spurs on the ropes squandering loads of chances

gareth bale shouldn't be playing for spurs, he's too dame good, his laser guided free kick beats the wall and almunia

however arsenl continue to squander chaces, you just knwo they gonan get something from this game

second half ends with a fabregas stunner bracketed by an adebayor header and a volley that robinson could olny flap a vain hand at but it was already passed him

spurs fans are walking out.

I LOVE MY ARSENAL!!!

not rubbing it in anyones face but to those who wrote off arsenals chances in summer...sound liek thierry who? those who said arsenal are a one man team for got about the other world tallents we posses

looooong season ahead, champs league games and arsenal face sevilla this wil be a tough away game.

this side is together, this side is solid this side is fighting for each other, this is the ARSENAL!

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Spurs v Arsenal
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 09:14:29 AM »
Adebayor (spelling) goal was nice.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2007, 09:55:44 AM »
Adebayor (spelling) goal was nice.

Nice is an understatement  ;D

I must admit Arsenal were lucky on occasions. Spurs real throw away in the second half. Not my problem though.  :P 

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 12:14:51 PM »
if all d chancescreated were scored by both teams Arsenal woulda still be on top about 8-6

Berbatov throw away, Bent two misses, the clichy clearance, and the ball keane get in the area and bale goal vs...Adebayor throw away(s), Diaby miss, Hleb miss, Denison miss, Fabregas goal, and adebayor 2 goals.

This was one of the best games I see for the season so far. Action like that.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007, 12:29:03 PM »
The score flattered Arsenal but they earned the points.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2007, 12:31:47 PM »
if all d chancescreated were scored by both teams Arsenal woulda still be on top about 8-6

Berbatov throw away, Bent two misses, the clichy clearance, and the ball keane get in the area and bale goal vs...Adebayor throw away(s), Diaby miss, Hleb miss, Denison miss, Fabregas goal, and adebayor 2 goals.

u cyah count Denilson miss since it was instrumental in the buildup to Adebayor 2nd goal. They were both in the same play so they cyah count as two cuz if one had score, the other chance would not have occured  ;)

Arsenal was the better team, but Tottenham misses were all glaring one on ones..in one case the keeper wasn't even in the goal. So they just stick out more. Arsenal had their share of glaring misses too and in the end I think the better, more enterprising team won.

But what is really the story with Arsenal central defense? Things so bad that Wenger has to play G Silva in the back? I know he's played there before but today his positioning was pretty bad...just didn't look comfortable oday

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2007, 01:08:54 PM »
Spurs need a bush bath.
Jol need to go first with Bent close behind.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2007, 01:32:53 PM »
fack ARSENAL  :devil:
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 02:51:05 PM by Die.Hard.Warrior »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2007, 02:38:59 PM »

u cyah count Denilson miss since it was instrumental in the buildup to Adebayor 2nd goal. They were both in the same play so they cyah count as two cuz if one had score, the other chance would not have occured  ;)

Arsenal was the better team, but Tottenham misses were all glaring one on ones..in one case the keeper wasn't even in the goal. So they just stick out more. Arsenal had their share of glaring misses too and in the end I think the better, more enterprising team won.

But what is really the story with Arsenal central defense? Things so bad that Wenger has to play G Silva in the back? I know he's played there before but today his positioning was pretty bad...just didn't look comfortable oday

yeah, gallas injured, senderos on a 1 game ban so gilberto have to deputise. he looked good there before but he was probably jet lagged today.  a good win though, i sense something special with this team.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2007, 12:52:09 PM »

flattered?

lol games aren't won on a almost scored!

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2007, 12:57:00 PM »

doh rush d brush allyuh going to get

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2007, 02:15:15 PM »

flattered?

lol games aren't won on a almost scored!

Arsenal of all teams know that all too well. The fact is if Arsenal had scored their chances in the early going, then Spurs would have lost belly for the fight. Spurs to their credit then created chances but failed to make their mark.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2007, 02:43:11 PM »

u cyah count Denilson miss since it was instrumental in the buildup to Adebayor 2nd goal. They were both in the same play so they cyah count as two cuz if one had score, the other chance would not have occured  ;)

yeah, gallas injured, senderos on a 1 game ban so gilberto have to deputise. he looked good there before but he was probably jet lagged today.  a good win though, i sense something special with this team.

Injuries and suspensions aside, I think its a possibility that Wenger is trying to convert Gilberto to a CB for the following reasons.

1. Arsenal is thin in the CB position and it will get worse when Toure goes to the African nations cup
2. Senderos hasnt been in good form and seems to be falling out of favour with Wenger. When he does get his chances he hasnt done himself too many favours (Arsenal were ready to sell him in the preseason).
3. At the end of last season Gilberto started in CB even on occasions where Senderos was fit.
4. Wenger signed Diarra when he already has G. Silva, Flamini, Denilson, Diaby. 
5. Wenger also has this optimal age policy for certain positions :-\ (thats an outside possibility)

Was surprised to see Djourou go out on loan to Birmingham given the lack of depth in Arsenal's Central Defense. Although Wenger probably just wants him to get more 1st team action/experience so that he will be a more seasoned player when he returns and might have to fill in for Toure, when Toure goes to the African Nations Cup.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 02:47:22 PM by dwn »

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2007, 04:08:58 PM »

any video highlights?
youtube is get them ting ban real quick

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2007, 05:30:36 PM »
Someting ah see on de weekend kinda shock meh.

Was watchin Man U game against Everton and late in de game, Man U make a sub.  I see de player on de sidelines and find he look familiar.  Nex ting I hear dey announce he.....Pique from Spain.

Well sah......ah had was to say WHOA yes.  Dat was de most outstandin defender from de recently concluded U 20 World Cup in Canada.  Dat fella is a mountain.  Wit he and Vidic.....Man U set at de CB position fuh a while.....if dey could hold onto dem.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2007, 06:13:49 PM »

Was watchin Man U game against Everton and late in de game, Man U make a sub.  I see de player on de sidelines and find he look familiar.  Nex ting I hear dey announce he.....Pique from Spain.

Well sah......ah had was to say WHOA yes.  Dat was de most outstandin defender from de recently concluded U 20 World Cup in Canada.  Dat fella is a mountain.  Wit he and Vidic.....Man U set at de CB position fuh a while.....if dey could hold onto dem.

Like yuh was watchin the U20 wid yuh volume off. All tournament they was talking about him signing for ManU  ;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2007, 06:44:38 PM »

Like yuh was watchin the U20 wid yuh volume off. All tournament they was talking about him signing for ManU  ;D

I see Spain LIVE bro.  No commentary.... 8)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2007, 06:51:35 PM »
Youtube Channel

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2007, 06:52:50 PM »
Pique with Man Utd a while now...i will get the exact info from "the small mag"..yuh think he woud know ???
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2007, 06:58:21 PM »
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2007, 07:03:32 PM »

doh rush d brush allyuh going to get

lol we go see  ::)

aye doh pretend yuh doh collec it on ah regular basis.

Arsenal vs Manchester utd alyuh arsenal wanks doh cry when alyuh get buss up eh  :devil:
Youtube Channel

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2007, 07:06:43 PM »
I really like how my side Arsenal running this year.  Them men playing with a purpose.  This eh no one man show no more.

Ammm by the way....  Henry even score yet for Barcelona?    :devil: 

1]; } ?>