April 26, 2024, 02:07:49 PM

Author Topic: 2010 Warriors coaching staff : Lack of friendlies etc  (Read 6874 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
2010 Warriors coaching staff : Lack of friendlies etc
« on: September 17, 2007, 12:39:56 AM »
 All's quiet on the TTFF front? While other countries are basking in the limelight of friendly competitions, what are we doing? Yes  same old same old.......NOTHING.. 'false positives' of alleged friendlies that never realize; and the beat goes on.....

Even Canada pulled of a friendly with a very interesting  team line up...... more team members of probably West Indian heritage... My feelings is Stephen Hart  could probably bring out the best of these players.....but then again like  the fate which Stehpen Ames suffered,  he did not get anointed as head coach...it was given to a 'born Canadian"......

Which leads to some future speculation ......imagine our coaching  and organizational line up  for 2010:

Head coach: Stephen Hart

Assistants: Russel Latapy & Dwight Yorke

Tech: Shaka

Head of TTFF : L. Phillips

Assistant : D.Skeene

Ok all you  soccer pundits, start listing the team for 2010: Here are the core; who else would you add?

Strikers: J. Scotland; K. Jones; D. Roberts

Midfielders: C.Edwards.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Warriors coaching staff : Lack of friendlies etc
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 09:09:46 AM »
I spoke about this a few weeks ago when the USA was playing Brazil in a friendly and an expert on here said that game was not important,NFL would get all the attention etc etc, i asked the same question what T&T doing, but it seems to me we does be more concerned with what everybody else doing but ourselves that's why we never ready,i like your effort in putting together a Coaching staff but what would happen to the Dutchman and his assistants.   

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 02:38:54 PM »
All's quiet on the TTFF front? While other countries are basking in the limelight of friendly competitions, what are we doing? Yes same old same old.......NOTHING.. 'false positives' of alleged friendlies that never realize; and the beat goes on.....

Even Canada pulled of a friendly with a very interesting team line up...... more team members of probably West Indian heritage... My feelings is Stephen Hart could probably bring out the best of these players.....but then again like the fate which Stehpen Ames suffered, he did not get anointed as head coach...it was given to a 'born Canadian"......

Which leads to some future speculation ......imagine our coaching and organizational line up for 2010:

Head coach: Stephen Hart

Assistants: Russel Latapy & Dwight Yorke

Tech: Shaka

Head of TTFF : L. Phillips

Assistant : D.Skeene

Ok all you soccer pundits, start listing the team for 2010: Here are the core; who else would you add?

Strikers: J. Scotland; K. Jones; D. Roberts

Midfielders: C.Edwards.

Interesting choice for head coach.. why Mr Hart?

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 07:40:10 PM »
I think it is time we recognize those from our own yard who  have acquired experience, expertise and knowledge. There is a context of understanding our situation , our cultural approach to the game and an understanding of the conditions which we strive to produce excellence.

It is interesting to watch some central American team with home grown coaches achieving success. I not dismissing the Dutch coaches but I would like to see what our former players could contribute to our program.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 07:46:06 PM »
It's almost like the TTFF doesn't realize how the US has become such a regional powerhouse in the first place. It's playing friendlies against top-quality international opposition on a consistent basis. Hasn't anyone within the TTFF bureacracy realized this? This is becoming quite frustrating.

And then we wonder why our U-17 team goes to a Youth World Cup and get comprehensively beaten in all of its three games. Really, there needs to be a change in the pattern here.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007, 08:47:32 PM »
Play with what team the Jacklist fellas old according to JW and me eh sure if dem fellas return dey bag so they mightn't get pick
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2007, 09:43:31 PM »
Play with what team the Jacklist fellas old according to JW and me eh sure if dem fellas return dey bag so they mightn't get pick
        The whole thing is we can't sit and wait for the issue between TTFF and the Players to settle to start doing something because we don't know if or when it going to end,for now it seems like Football at the Senior level has come to a halt,i think if both party's decide for the benefit or detriment of the game in the country they going to stand firm until there is an outcome we are not likely to see a T&T senior team play in a long time,i think this thing will get worse before it gets better.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2007, 04:11:56 AM »
I still dont understand why Mr Warner could not tell the TTFF to carry on as normal with the Football program and schedule some friendlies.
Is it because he is such a vindictive human being?
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2007, 06:02:14 AM »
I don't think the court case is stopping the backlisted players being selected. The TTFF decided to blacklist them and if they cared about T&T football they would scrap the blacklist and stop acting out of spite.

Lets remember that TTFF have broken their bonus agreement agreement with the players, refuse to go to arbitration, allegedly produced false accounts, blacklisted them for asking for what they were offered and delayed payments to the Gold Cup squad.

If the $173m plus figure is correct, TTFF must have enough money in the pot to BUY the Brazilian team, so paying them a huge wedge to play a friendly shouldn't be an issue. Don't forget, at least $25m is supposed to be set aside for 2010 preparation. TTFF could send teams all over the world.

I think there are two problems. I don't think other nations are too bothered playing a second string T&T and secondly, whatever gave you the impression that TTFF Ltd had any interest in football?

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2007, 06:57:33 AM »

How come de Wimp not complaining  ??? ???

He stop reading the forum to get coaching tips or wha ??
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2007, 07:30:00 AM »
Fellas, think about it. Allyuh really feel any top-quality international side want to play a 2nd/3rd string T&T side?? That is a complete waste of time for them. As long as the Jacklist in effect we gonna have a hard time getting any friendlies, cuz plain and simple, our present team just not cutting it on the international stage. End of story
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2007, 07:32:41 AM »
If the $173m plus figure is correct, TTFF must have enough money in the pot to BUY the Brazilian team, so paying them a huge wedge to play a friendly shouldn't be an issue. Don't forget, at least $25m is supposed to be set aside for 2010 preparation. TTFF could send teams all over the world.
I think there are two problems. I don't think other nations are too bothered playing a second string T&T and secondly, whatever gave you the impression that TTFF Ltd had any interest in football?
SO then, vindictiveness is the correst answer
Mr Warner you are an Idiot.

aye, Fishs, how long Galley went without getting paid?
I know he was treated unfairly by the Tie Tongue Football tieF.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 07:37:44 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2007, 08:02:01 AM »

He will answer that on his own.
I just find as national coach the man should be saying to TTFF get allyuh act together , give me the players and the games because times a wasting.
And if they say no then he should tell allright I quit it have other teams that will hire mih .... or do they ?

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2007, 08:07:38 AM »
No they is not ,this is his big break .Daiz why he always asking back for his stars ,but hes just waiting it out .Amsure he could get a job in holland doh ,one with an actual check at the end of the week .

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2007, 09:14:08 AM »
Fellas, think about it. Allyuh really feel any top-quality international side want to play a 2nd/3rd string T&T side?? That is a complete waste of time for them. As long as the Jacklist in effect we gonna have a hard time getting any friendlies, cuz plain and simple, our present team just not cutting it on the international stage. End of story
       You all talking like top quality teams accustom coming to T&T,when was the last time a top quality team come to T&T?1st/2nd/3rd string side it's the same thing,we have to start doing something, the players we have need the exposure.
       Jack showing everybody who is the boss,he have always had his way,as long as he is not involved the game is at a standstill in the country.I'm just trying to make sense out of nonsense,i'm not saying who wrong or right here but the players have the Federation in Court over an issue,how is it possible for them to play for that same Federation at this point in time,tickets to fly them in for the games,they have to get paid,Hotel etc etc sometimes we have to see the Federation side also,this thing is more complicated than we think,you can set up games and these guys not sure to turn up,it might be better to restart when all this is over.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2007, 02:25:15 PM »

I just find as national coach the man should be saying to TTFF get allyuh act together , give me the players and the games because times a wasting.
And if they say no then he should tell allright I quit it have other teams that will hire mih .... or do they ?

And how you know wim not telling the TTFF to get the act together ............ ent he said he is trying to help reslove the conflict............... oh i see fishes  you want him to quit so a certain man who yuh praying  fuh night and day could get the wuk.......
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2007, 02:49:23 PM »
       You all talking like top quality teams accustom coming to T&T,when was the last time a top quality team come to T&T?1st/2nd/3rd string side it's the same thing,we have to start doing something, the players we have need the exposure.
       Jack showing everybody who is the boss,he have always had his way,as long as he is not involved the game is at a standstill in the country.I'm just trying to make sense out of nonsense,i'm not saying who wrong or right here but the players have the Federation in Court over an issue,how is it possible for them to play for that same Federation at this point in time,tickets to fly them in for the games,they have to get paid,Hotel etc etc sometimes we have to see the Federation side also,this thing is more complicated than we think,you can set up games and these guys not sure to turn up,it might be better to restart when all this is over.

Who say anything about a top quality side coming to T&T?......to play a good side they doh have to come here, we cud play it somewhere in europe, like when we played austria and Iceland on that side. My comment solely meant being able to organise a good friendly, and that does not necessarily mean that the opposing team has to come here. Teams play friendlies in other countries all the time. Another example, Brazil vs Portugal in Wembley not too long ago

The issue is only that we probably cannot attract any half-decent opposition right now

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2007, 02:54:23 PM »

Who say anything about a top quality side coming to T&T?......to play a good side they doh have to come here, we cud play it somewhere in europe, like when we played austria and Iceland on that side. My comment solely meant being able to organise a good friendly, and that does not necessarily mean that the opposing team has to come here. Teams play friendlies in other countries all the time. Another example, Brazil vs Portugal in Wembley not too long ago

The issue is only that we probably cannot attract any half-decent opposition right now

Doh get tie up.  Teams always lookin fuh games.  Many even willin to pay fuh yuh to come dey and host yuh.  De only reason why we doh get games is because teams (RIGHTLY) refuse to pay de astronomic "appearance fee" (aka Jack tax) dat TTFF does demand.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2007, 02:58:29 PM »

Doh get tie up.  Teams always lookin fuh games.  Many even willin to pay fuh yuh to come dey and host yuh.  De only reason why we doh get games is because teams (RIGHTLY) refuse to pay de astronomic "appearance fee" (aka Jack tax) dat TTFF does demand.

well u probably right, but like u said, i'm sure they dont want to pay any exorbitant appearance fee to face a 2nd string (at best) T&T side. My reasoning may have been misguided, but the blacklist i'm sure is still the main reason behind the lack of friendlies

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2007, 03:25:51 PM »

Coops, you have to remember who is holding who to ransom. If TTFF really want to move on, all they have to do is keep their side of the deal and pay the players.

When the players saw they were being cheated and offered pocket change they stood their ground. So TTFF tried to bully them by creating a blacklist. To my knowledge, this is the first time a country has blacklisted its players for NO LEGITIMATE REASON.

As in any industrial dispute, which this is, employees carry on working while the situation is being solved by the bosses and the employees union/lawyers/workers committee etc. There is no reason why this can't happen here. The players careers are being damaged. They want to play. TTFF are just being vindictive.

If you really want to see TTFFs side of things, it looks like this:

Scamps : "Shit, the players didn't fall for the pocketchange scam"
Jackula :  "Blacklist the buggers until they fall into line"
Rodent : "Damn, they got some hot lawyer and he's got the figures we gave the govt"
Simple Travel " Heres your 3 one way tickets to Angola, with extra baggage allowance for your suitcases full of money"

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2007, 06:57:53 PM »
Trinikev/Palos nice discussion,i understand you all stance on this issue,i think we have added a little more to what each other saying,i'm together with your views here. 

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2007, 07:35:57 PM »
so Palos, how does our fee compare to the fee that other countries charge?

If you really want to see TTFFs side of things, it looks like this:

Scamps : "Shit, the players didn't fall for the pocketchange scam"
Jackula :  "Blacklist the buggers until they fall into line"
Rodent : "Damn, they got some hot lawyer and he's got the figures we gave the govt"
Simple Travel " Heres your 3 one way tickets to Angola Switzerland, so we could lime wid my GOOD pardna Sepp,, with extra baggage allowance for your suitcases full of money"
oh Lawd, KSM, ya killin meh here :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
dat money already gorn outta TnT ;)
say 'Good Bye" people.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 08:13:32 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2007, 08:33:13 PM »
I spoke about this a few weeks ago when the USA was playing Brazil in a friendly and an expert on here said that game was not important,NFL would get all the attention etc etc, i asked the same question what T&T doing, but it seems to me we does be more concerned with what everybody else doing but ourselves that's why we never ready,i like your effort in putting together a Coaching staff but what would happen to the Dutchman and his assistants.   

Yuh see how some ah allyuh does move like some real bitches here... you and me supposed to be cool and here I just happen to check in on de thread to find you throwing word behind my back. lol

Since yuh want to play schupid and not use common sense, leh mih break it down fuh yuh:  I never said the game wasn't important, what I DID say was that I questioned the sense in scheduling the match to compete against opening weekend of the NFL season.  I also spoke about my doubts about the turnout in the stadium and the type of TV audience the game would get.  They said there were 40,000 people in the stands, so if I was wrong about that I have no problem saying so.  I wouldn't even insult de woman and dem to call dat behavior 'womanish', allyuh ent happy unless is some kinda bacchanal allyuh involve in.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 08:36:18 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2007, 11:09:49 PM »

And how you know wim not telling the TTFF to get the act together ............ ent he said he is trying to help reslove the conflict............... oh i see fishes  you want him to quit so a certain man who yuh praying  fuh night and day could get the wuk.......

Yuh know funny enuff I have a preference for the job but there are a lot of other candidates that I would accept.
This guy is an unproven item and I just think that if we really want to put a team together (using some of the blacklisted players), we need a coach who has the experience and quality to do that. I would like to think that TT should aim to do better next time and not have to qualify through playoffs for the next WC.
I don't think that the Wimp is the man to acheive that and nothing he has done in the last 18mths has shown it either.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2007, 05:06:51 AM »

This guy is an unproven item and I just think that if we really want to put a team together (using some of the blacklisted players), we need a coach who has the experience and quality to do that. I would like to think that TT should aim to do better next time and not have to qualify through playoffs for the next WC.
I don't think that the Wimp is the man to acheive that and nothing he has done in the last 18mths has shown it either.

over the last year wim has been hampered by the ttff cancelling all national programs, player withdrawing from the GOLD CUP   to show solidarity with the black listed players ...the ttff cancelled friendlies ......  the under 17 plans being hampered the ttff saying they eh have funds ....... yuh think any other coach  would have feared bettered ? yuh tink  "wha he name is "  is ah proven item  ::) ....I bet  wim staff still eh even getting paid  and they still sticking it out ....... please ....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2007, 06:30:24 AM »

over the last year wim has been hampered by the ttff cancelling all national programs, player withdrawing from the GOLD CUP   to show solidarity with the black listed players ...the ttff cancelled friendlies ......  the under 17 plans being hampered the ttff saying they eh have funds ....... yuh think any other coach  would have feared bettered ? yuh tink  "wha he name is "  is ah proven item  ::) ....I bet  wim staff still eh even getting paid  and they still sticking it out ....... please ....

If he not getting paid and he working on a promise it even worse than I thought.
Name 1 other international coach who will do that ? You think Bora, Beenie or any other reputable coach would do that?  This man just building a resume here.
Get real youth , allyuh is a set of romanticists and is football we should be playing not writing mills and boon novels.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2007, 07:02:29 AM »
 I am not questioning the  knowledge nor the competency of our present national coach; I am just wondering what   he being paid to do at the present time?

If in fact he is truly concerned about developing a squad for the 2010 qualifiers or if this wait and see impasse is simply clandestine plan with the TTFF?

On the other hand , I hope that once again TTFF does not go into a last minute plan of resolving the conflicts with  the core of the  alleged 'blacklisted ' players enlist them prior to  qualifiers and supplement the team with  other players. It would seem that there is a complacency and arrogance that we have a deep pool of players to select from and that a plan to qualify for 210 in  South Africa is a mere 'pipe dream' sad very very sad to see this continious erosion and denigration of our football program.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2007, 08:05:27 AM »

If he not getting paid and he working on a promise it even worse than I thought.
Name 1 other international coach who will do that ? You think Bora, Beenie or any other reputable coach would do that?  This man just building a resume here.
Get real youth , allyuh is a set of romanticists and is football we should be playing not writing mills and boon novels.

i said wim staff may have not been paid yet .... so wim did not have coaching jobs before? ......  plus bora had to start some where leo had to start some where .......... everybody had to have a first job ........... get real please .... yes is football we should be playing and again is it wim's fault we eh playing ......?  ::)

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2007, 08:17:15 AM »
talk about single mindedness of purpose :o
give it ah ress man.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline trinsolutions

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2007, 08:55:13 AM »
i agree, mr jack should be more passionate and try to push ttfff into getting more friendly games at home or away. we need the exposure. the people of trinidad and tobago needs to be pushee into trying to get the ttff more focus on football and other sports.

1]; } ?>