April 29, 2024, 11:34:48 AM

Author Topic: IS DIS USA REPORT TRUE? ;Tell meh it eh so  (Read 2284 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
IS DIS USA REPORT TRUE? ;Tell meh it eh so
« on: August 17, 2005, 08:35:42 PM »
Vex only if what is reported is  how it is. Ah eh fraid tuh accept the fact that  it is so; I eh in denial but ah go wait fuh we on fans tuh file their reports. until then  look what dey saying ; mammy tell meh it eh so nah....

oh gosh... is it really looking like dat tuh people?   For argument sake: we lost 2-1 under Bsc now 1-0 under beenhakker minus one goal  both games could be 1-0 losses? ummmm have we really improved any? I eh know ah asking and hoping  dem men who went game could tell meh more.

Dis is suppose tuh be the start of round two; different coach same result. ummmmmm ah starting tuh wonder; yuh know like the poem:
 there was a naughty boy and
a naughty boy was he
he ran away tuh scotland....blahbalhh
then he stood in he shoes
and he wonder he wonder
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                             WCQ: U.S. one step closer with T&T win
                             by    Jamie Trecker / Fox Soccer Channel

The USA can start booking hotels in Germany after tonight's performance against Trinidad and Tobago, a 1-0 win behind an early goal by Brian McBride.

While mathematically the USA can still be denied a top three finish in this so weak CONCACAF region, the facts are pretty plain: Mexico and USA will go to Germany and the real battle remaining in the Hexagonal is for third, between Costa Rica and Guatemala.

McBride put the USA up in the second minute after John O'Brien sprung Bobby Convey past Atiba Charles, allowing the Reading midfielder to pass across the goalmouth unmolested. McBride netted the 29th goal of his long national team career, and just like that, the game was over.

That early goal sucked the life out of the match. The Americans became lackadaisical as Trinidad and Tobago declined to tackle, hoping to sneak one of their increasingly stranded forwards in. And in their sloppiness, the USA failed to score again.

It's not as if the USA didn't have plenty of chances to exploit what passed for a defense; It's that, once again, they didn't take them.

T&T defender Marvin Andrews, who was dreadful for Glasgow Rangers in last week's Champions League 2-1 win against tiny Anorthosis Famagusta, created many of those chances. Some of Andrews' highlights included allowing two clear runs by Bobby Convey for firm shots on net; and making a critical mistake that led to Dennis Lawrence having to commit a professional foul on Landon Donovan, taking a red card for his trouble, in the 43rd minute. (Convey himself would be sent off in the 88th, leaving manager Bruce Arena noticeably peeved.) The second half was more of the same except that T&T had only ten men.

You really couldn't tell. Claudio Reyna, making his return to the national team after a short break, flubbed two fine chances. Oguchi Onyewu had a point-blank header denied in the 56th. And so on.

I started to feel sorry for visiting keeper Kelvin Jack as back-passes, crosses and just plain flails at the ball became adventures within the T&T penalty box. But remarkably, and true to form, none of them went in the net for the USA.

It is worth noting there is one player who did finish his chances when he got them: Eddie Johnson. His absence tonight was glaring, and fans are likely to welcome him back.

Developing nations all share one trait — they sky the ball, shoot off frame and otherwise muff shots. Nerves are a big part of it. The USA manages to put shots on frame now (after a solid ten years of work on the skill, mind you) but still has difficulty sinking gifts. Every player muffs now and again, but a whole team? It is a remarkably familiar trait of the United States, one that continues to bedevil them.

Complacency is a big factor: Using the word "weak" to describe our region, CONCACAF, is a bit like calling the Beatles "popular;" the result is that the USA rarely face truly decent opposition.

And when they do, they lose.

The USA has failed to win all three moderately meaningful matches this year: They were beaten by England's half-strength team, lost to Mexico away and failed to put away a goal in the final of the Gold Cup, at home, against Panama for crying out loud.

The USA is going to Germany; I am starting to wonder if they will do anything when they arrive other than see some sights.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 03:33:32 PM by Tallman »

Offline nobody_s angel

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: PARTS OF DIS REPORT GO MAKE YUH VEX
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 08:40:35 PM »
 :D fellas I laughing because I speechless and if I doh laugh it off I going to cry. They need to read this in the TnT dressing room then they might get some fight in them.  :'(

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
Re: DIS GO MAKE YUH VEX or it go be a reality check
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 08:45:38 PM »
did you see the game? one thing i saw tonight was fight. 10 men fighting for each other. this was an even more battling performance than the mexico game.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 08:50:43 PM »
ALberta you see the game or you going on Biased match reports.

TT play like some warriors after they take off Stern and we was down to 10 men.

And Kelvin Jack.........he do some lil shit but he singlehandedly protect us from collecting about 6. They had one he dive and push out the goal with the thread of he gloves.

The 2nd half side look decent and to be fair the USA goal was not offside and we didnt do nuttin to win the game. But a draw was not out of the question.

We still not ready but 3-4th place is achievable.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2005, 08:52:09 PM »
Yeh I saw us fight but only in spurts.  We fight once we out of our third.   We don't fight men once they reach 10 yards outside our box.  That is when we make sure we doh get too close to dem cuz dey might beat we.

But we did play better with 10 men.  Jokey yes.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2005, 08:52:31 PM »
Fellas  ah just showing allyuh what man said. ah waiting on we men tuh report.

Good good ; the end result was encouraging to know how we put up ah fight; we finished strong and that is a positive. But I eh know we have to be consistent; why can't we have that kinda fight from the start?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2005, 08:57:57 PM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline nobody_s angel

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2005, 08:57:33 PM »
Alright maybe fight was the wrong word but I just looking for some goals maybe the team was frustrated that Stern wasn't benched from the start. Remeber I was calling for new and young blood now. Well I just hope they keep Stern on the bench and my young fellas perform.

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2005, 09:35:41 PM »
"Dis is suppose tuh be the start of round two; different coach same result. ummmmmm ah starting tuh wonder; yuh know like the poem:"

I shared a few months ago that our players are not good enough  ... they are not professionals, believe it or not, but that is the truth.  Like all of you I would like to see us go to the WC, but we are not ready.  We just do not have the corect football culture ..., we need to stop sending our players to play 2nd and third division in England & Scotland.  They are better off playing 2nd and 3rd in Mexico, Argentina, Brazil etc.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2005, 09:55:22 PM »
Look whatt de man said for third place?

Imagine dis 4king reporter conceding the third place battle between CR nad Guatemala? yuh know ah eh really want we to put we destiny in anyoe' hands; leh we control we own destiny by coming out and getting  two  very positive results in we next  two games at home.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: IS DIS USA REPORT TRUE? ;Tell meh it eh so
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2005, 11:03:37 AM »
just goes to show that we have to prove ourselves and until then we'll get what we deserve. still an idiotic article.
Hart for president

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2005, 01:44:22 PM »
De article sound a bit amateur. And that 3rd place comment about Costa Rica and Guatemala is premature. Not sounding like someone who spent too much time thinking about certain aspects of their article.

The criticism is rough, but at the same time I am not surprised that a US supporter or neutral would have seen the game that way. We Trinis will always be more analytical of our own players and we can identify with them....their names, their faces, their best plays, their mistakes...ect. They representing us and are not just some guy on the other team. So every good pass we remember, every tackle, every interception, etc. For someone who has no association with TnT they probably remembering our performance in general chunks and our poor perfromance in the 1st half will blight their opinion of us for the rest of the game. Beating Guatemala is the only way to set that straight!!!

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2005, 02:32:02 PM »
I heard Reggaefan wrote dat report!!!!!!! Jes trippin RF jes Trippin!!!!!!!..It had to be an American who knows nothing about real Football!!! Warriors did us good !!!! TNT coach saw his mistakes and it was
(1) John should not even come of de bench mustless start
(2) Dwight yorke have to controll de midfield NOW no more playing foward for him midfiled as of yesterday!!!!!!!
(3) Glen and Jones should be our starting Fowards
(4) stop change man wid 1 second left innah de game!!!!!
If TNT fix this 4 I gurantee a win against Guatemala Panama mexico (it will be Mexico last game and dey will be bringing a shitty squad) and I do not think CR is much beter than TNT
warriors did TNT proud , Technically TNT made wrong decisions..
warmonga...
Black Lives Matter..

1]; } ?>