April 18, 2024, 06:34:32 PM

Author Topic: YORK MUST PLAY MIDFIELD FROM NOW ON!  (Read 7313 times)

Offline Trinimac

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
YORK MUST PLAY MIDFIELD FROM NOW ON!
« on: August 17, 2005, 08:56:28 PM »
Hey guys,
            I must say that T&T played really well in the second half. I feel that from now onwards the coach should start with the same team that they had in the second half. Most importantly Dwight York must be the engne from now on. He must be the one in the Midfield or else Trinidad chances of qualifying for the world cup is dim. Kewyne Jones and Scott sealy ust start up from. Kewyne Jones is a very skill full player and scott sealy should improve as we go along. We have a very good team but Bennie mus put the players in the right place. The following players played excellent games.

Avery John
Brent Sancho
whiltey
york
span
jack was great
jones
stern john should retire.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: YORK MUST PLAY MIDFIELD FROM NOW ON!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 09:04:30 PM »
HOW WAS Birchall? A.K.A "ME MUM"

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 09:08:35 PM »
i agree with yoke in d mid     i doh agree with avery john havin a gud game   his brain was left in new england   he didn no wat to do   gud effort doe  kinnda dissapointing buh  1-0 not dat bad   buh dat defense hadda geh together   

i wud like 2 see stern an jones up front with  yorke an birchall or seaton in d mid    spann cud be used on d left   he hold down dat right bak   he school cyd and atiba    and carlos on d rite if he fit   and den lawrence out so   sancho an dog in d middle  avery on d left  and we hadda go bak with atiba   hopefully he learn 2 knok d ball rite dere instead of a vooomin kic into d oppents defense

sep 3rd tnt

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 09:25:29 PM »
I feel that from now onwards the coach should start with the same team that they had in the second half.

Well hopefully not the EXACT same team because 11 men might be usefull still even though it didn't look so tonight.  But I agree with your assessment of the players.  Also I find Birchall's game has dropped off noticeably since the 1st gold cup match.  Maybe he really is shattered like his coach said.  1st half we tried him on the right like everyone wanted and he didn't do much there, Edwards is a much better option there when fit.  I also find Whitely played decent on the left and we should keep him there.  Yorke should play midfield like you said and Spann should stay on the right if Edwards not there.  Otherwise play Spann with Dwight in the middle.  Not sure what to think of that right back position, Atiba made a big mess of his chance but the alternative is Cyd Gray until Lawrence comes back?  So perhaps we should switch to 3-5-2 for this next game.

Squad for Guatemala

-------------------Jack-------------------
---Sancho--Andrews---Avery-----
Edwards------Spann------Whitely
----------Birchall----Yorke-----------
-----------Jones-----Sealy----------

Stern and Hector will come on 2nd half as super subs.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2005, 09:28:40 PM »
Ok who gone due to cards fuh the next game?

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2005, 09:38:37 PM »
Arrow ...ah like dat 11 and de 3-5-2 but ah dont know if Carlos will be fit.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2005, 09:50:23 PM »
Yeah true.  If Carlos not fit play Spann on the right like tonight and play with 10 men!

Just kidding, we could play Spann right and slot in Theobald in the center with Dwight and Birchall.  Or we could play Samuel again on the left and play Whitely center.

By the way, how you all find Samuel play?  I find he was ok and I wonder if he would have got subbed so early if Lawrence didn't get de red and force Beenie to switch around the formation.
We should have started with Sancho at right back.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2005, 11:54:34 PM »

I doh like Dwight too much in any attacking position at all.  The man could spray the passes around real good and he safe with the ball but don't look for him creating much.  Like he lose all appetite for scoring so no point pushing him in forward if he doh want to be there.

I find Spann look good taking on players and putting in some good crosses.

I cud see why men calling for Latas....I vex I say it but I see it.  Imagine Dog have to be making runs forward and going past players because nobody else doing it....we going side to side until we run out of options and then....back to half foot Jack (who did good....remind me of when Ince was erratic but good).

I trust the patterns have been picked up on so hopefully they get back some of the penetrative runs(wall passes etc) in the middle I saw glimpses of here but saw more in the Mexico game.

We get better opportunities running at the opponent.

Next game right around the corner.

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2005, 12:02:07 AM »
I hope beenie see who the next starting forward line is in the next game and leave 1/2 slab on the bench.  I just wish they had made more penetrating runs in the middle though.  They passed it around well in the second half but they kept it on the flanks and didn't try that many thru balls right down the middle.  BEENIE MAN  KEEP THAT NUMBER 2 WHAT HE NAME CHARLES? ON THE BENCH NEXT TIME.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2005, 12:10:23 AM »
I agree with yorke in de middle...we havent had a player in the midfiled running things since latapy, so that was a pleasant surprise for the team. i disagree about avery john having a good game however. way toooo much long balls, especially to the americans...as ah partner of mine say....is like he was playin for he green card. jack had a good game as well.
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2005, 12:12:30 AM »
Avery did his primary job, which was to bat up men hard.

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2005, 12:17:28 AM »
I hope allyuh see that although jack was we saviour in this game, that he was sleepin on that first goal, because when that ball play and it reach the box the players wasn't even near that ball yet and jack jus stand up on the line and wait fuh that man to get it and cross it yuh know...I know allyuh see that.  I see right to my face because i was right they on the side a Trinidad goal in the first half and Tongue was with meh so i have back up.

Offline Sanchez

• Full Warrior
  • Numero Diez por siempre
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2005, 08:47:53 AM »

Avery is the worst left back I have seen in a while.  If he's not making a bad tackle, he is making a bad pass. But, the question is who to replace him.....

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2005, 08:58:30 AM »
Yorke played like a general in d midle. Spann had a good game ( like that thru ball he gave Yorke in d 1st half). Collin Samuel shud have been left on d left as he was causing d left back problems. I think he was subbed cuz we were down to 10 men and we needed more defensive players. Atiba had a bad game but I think hw shud still play vs Guatemala due to Lawrence suspension, cuz Atiba betta dan Cyd Gray, last nite he was just bad. Spann needs to stay in d middle, whitley looked better as he had a more attacking role.....was running at players........ I think we need to go with Scott and Kenwyn up top as these fellas have no respect for the opposition...De furthest Stern stay away from this team d better, TTFF shud delete his name from their database along with his contact info. Dese youngsters hungry and playing wit heart... Birchall had an aight game but wevw seen better......Jack kept us in d game but he was giving meh some mild heart attacks like when he set donovan on top d box and he didnt come for a ball hen he shud have in d box.....I would go wit d same team wit Sancho in for Lawrence. Spann is more effective in d middle but looked quite good on d right.
                          My 11 in 4-4-2
                           Jack/Shaka
Atiba Charles      Sancho       Dog              Avery

Spann               Whitley        Yorke           Samuel

Jones               Sealy
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2005, 09:05:46 AM »
AYE man listen nah stop talking bout this Atiba Charles fella nah...de man have no focus dred, I watching the man play yesterday and he kick the ball out for a throw and turn he back and like he ain't remember the ball boy they with another ball and them men start the play and he don't even know where the ball is.  All ah we up in the stands bawlin at the man to pay attention to the game.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2005, 09:30:19 AM »
I agree with most of what you say israel. 
First though, I want all the men on this forum who spend days bad talking Kelvin Jack to come out of the woodworks and apologise.  The man improving leaps and bounds every game, and I feel by world cup time it wouldn't even have a question who is we #1 keeper.
Second, I thought Birchall had an excellent game as a defensive midfielder...he all the way back puttin in tackle in front of the goal and runnin' up with the play...he mubbe was real bun after the game - hats off to Birchall, God Bless we by givin we that fella.
Third, allyuh ent see Sancho running in slow motion?  Allyuh just say leave him dey in the middle and settle on that? Well yuh say Dog with him in the middle, but is Dog who get leave out for the goal to score...a couple times in fact...I think it have a problem with speed in that back line.
Sealy ent really impress yet, they should make him compete with Glen for that second forward spot

We need to win right?  what about a 3-5-2

Jack
         Cyd      Sancho       Dog             
                       Birchall 
Spann               Whitley          Edwards
                        Yorke   
               Jones               Sealy

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2005, 09:40:24 AM »
Yorke played like a general in d midle. Spann had a good game ( like that thru ball he gave Yorke in d 1st half). Collin Samuel shud have been left on d left as he was causing d left back problems. I think he was subbed cuz we were down to 10 men and we needed more defensive players. Atiba had a bad game but I think hw shud still play vs Guatemala due to Lawrence suspension, cuz Atiba betta dan Cyd Gray, last nite he was just bad. Spann needs to stay in d middle, whitley looked better as he had a more attacking role.....was running at players........ I think we need to go with Scott and Kenwyn up top as these fellas have no respect for the opposition...De furthest Stern stay away from this team d better, TTFF shud delete his name from their database along with his contact info. Dese youngsters hungry and playing wit heart... Birchall had an aight game but wevw seen better......Jack kept us in d game but he was giving meh some mild heart attacks like when he set donovan on top d box and he didnt come for a ball hen he shud have in d box.....I would go wit d same team wit Sancho in for Lawrence. Spann is more effective in d middle but looked quite good on d right.
                          My 11 in 4-4-2
                           Jack/Shaka
Atiba Charles      Sancho       Dog              Avery

Spann               Whitley        Yorke           Samuel

I would go with

Jack/Shaka
Atiba Charles      Sancho       Dog              Avery

Spann               Whitley        Yorke          whitley

only because he looked a bit more lively tonight he stgarted doing things that showed his confidence was raising a bit not to say samuel was all that bad but i felt he wasnt getting good service from avery to his feet and they limited  the room for his movement but he and  whitely could be alternated.....i wish carlos was here but i had the same injury carlos had and it took a me a few months to get right  so even though he'll be gtting better treatment he wont be ready a thigh injury is not a hamstring injury that is the bigger and stronger more active muscle in soccer it needs time to heal.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2005, 09:44:39 AM »
Did you mean to say white-y in the middle as in Birchall and whitely aurtis on the left?

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2005, 09:56:50 AM »
Sorry, but Yorke is not the solution. I liked how he played; intelligent, controlled the pace of the game, kept possession....but he is not a true midfielder at the highest level. Not good enough creatively and not good enough in the defense...but did well with ball at his feet. Whitley is better suited and he looked good last night (his passing is still a little off). Spann looked our best player in midfield and as a right back. Those two should be our central midfield pairing (even though Spann was a real boss on the right and as I will explain below...was one of the main reasons Yorke and the rest of the team looked better in the 2nd half).

THE REAL REASON FOR OUR IMPROVEMENT (and for Yorke getting so many touches and looking like a midfielder) in the 2nd half is that with Sancho and Spann in the D, we finally...finally...finally had some defenders with the skill and composure to play the ball to the central and wide midfielders feet out of defense. One of the most critical deficiencies in our game is the inability to start the play from the back. This is the root of any passing game and the ability to keep possesion. The main culprit is the Dog (then Avery). Despite all the hype men on this forum like to give him..The Dog kills TnTs possession almost every time he gets the ball. Look at the difference between the Dog and Sancho. Sancho was winning tackles, getting up in a crowd of men and making simple constructive passes to the midfielders....composed. Spann was great on the right side....in attack and defense playing with poise and tenacity. They got the midfield involved and you could see the confidence grow in the team. Whenever the Dog gets the ball I know we are about to lose it...even when he is under no pressure it is boom kick time and it is painful to watch...once Sancho and Spann came into the D it was a whole different team....even with 10 men

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2005, 09:58:38 AM »
Did you mean to say white-y in the middle as in Birchall and whitely aurtis on the left?

yep thats what i meant excuse meh caroppogeh handwriting it seems i save the proper english for the essays and projects lol

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2005, 10:20:40 AM »

Avery is the worst left back I have seen in a while.  If he's not making a bad tackle, he is making a bad pass. But, the question is who to replace him.....

You talkin tootoo.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2005, 10:27:29 AM »
Fellas,
That second half show we the way forward. When we were down to 10 men and he modify the midfield, with Yorke at the tip and Spann and birchall playing more centrally to keep it tight. Beenie hadda implement the next generation of tactics being used by Chelski, ManU, Brazil and Barca..He was trying a thing when he first came during the Lima and Bermuda games with 3 up front at times but he settled for the 4-4-2 in the end. Example : Chelsea side...

---------------------Cech----------------------------
Johnson-------Gallas------------Terry---------Del Horno-------
--------------------Makele-----------Tiago (Essien)--------------
---------------------------Lampard----------------------------
Robben--------------------------------------------Duff--------
------------------------Drogba-----------------------

All those teams called play a modified 4-3-3 with a triangle midfield, 1 striker down the middle (Drogba, Van D Man, Adriano, Eto'o) and 2 skilful wide men who just beating for days and have a permission to roam, switch wings, come inside everything. (Robben, Robinho, Ronaldinho, Rooney, C. Ronadlo, Deco, Guily, kaka). We have those type of players in Edwards, Sam, Cornell Glen and  Collin Samuel. Plus by using the triangle midfield we eliminate the need for men like Rahim and Theobold to play on the flank.

-------------------------Jack/ Hislop-------------------------
Atibe/Gray-----Andrews/Pierre-------Lawrence/Sancho--------Avery/Wolfe
-------------------Spann/ Rahim--------------Birchall/Theobold-------------
-------------------------------------Yorke/Whitley-----------------------
Sam/Edwards------------------------------------------------------Samuel/ Glen--------
---------------------------Jones/Sealy--------------------

We have a decent squad there...we still need a defensive midfielder to replace Rahim, but Bleeder will look better in the middle. Sam provided a spark against both Costa Rica and Guatemala when he came on and started to run at men, and the portvale coach said they bought him because he can play on the flanks. Same role Glenn filled in every game he came on, he was attacking more down the flanks than through the middle. Plus it reduces the defensive frailties of them all, which was the biggest drawback from having Samuel in the leftmid position, this one would play to his strngths more and reduce that dependence on Carlos Edwards as our only creative outlet.

And Yorke conduct it like a boss in the advanced role in the middle. He was makng himself available for the simple pass all the time but our full backs insist on trying to make the play for themselves. All Birchall and Spann hadda do in that position is hustke and harry players, then when they win the ball give it to Yorke and make themselves available for a 1-2. Yorke will do all the passing to the strikers...tha's how big teams is play Makelele, win the ball, give it to Zidane and let him make the big pass. Barca, give it to Ronaldinho and he will bring in Guily, Eto'o and Deco...

Stern was in last chance saloon last night so unless he start to score like rain for Coventry...thanx for the wonderful years of service through the years, we'll remember you for what you were and not what you've become.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2005, 10:27:39 AM »
my take: SAME OL SAME OL.we all saw the game and know whats up with the team so ill keep it short and to the point by reiterating the things that are always the case with our team and were evident last night.

here are the 3 most important things regarding our game,in order:

1. the midfield does not play the ball at all. long ball from defense leads to turnovers
2. nobody makes runs to complement the play (probably why the midfield never gets the ball and when they do it leads to turnovers)
3. kenwyne is  20 times better than stern.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 10:50:43 AM by supporter »
Hart for president

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2005, 10:29:33 AM »

Sanchez,
What f**king game u watch yesterday or the past few years.  Avery is the worst left back?  It is obvious u have an issue with him.  His main weakness is going forward, other than that he is a good player.  His best position is central defender, that is why he have problems playing wing back.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2005, 10:32:58 AM »
AYE man listen nah stop talking bout this Atiba Charles fella nah...de man have no focus dred, I watching the man play yesterday and he kick the ball out for a throw and turn he back and like he ain't remember the ball boy they with another ball and them men start the play and he don't even know where the ball is.  All ah we up in the stands bawlin at the man to pay attention to the game.

Me too dread.  Like the man didn't want to be on the field.
I want to know what de ass this man doing.  Like he was still thinking bout the first goal.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2005, 10:56:39 AM »
4 real Avery is a shittong. Compare him to a modern day left back. He has no touch and gives us nothing in attack and he constantly kicks the ball out of bounds when passing the ball under no pressure. He have real heart and he is physical...good traits in their own right and he is probably the best we have. But let's start describing our players in real absolute terms here, not relative terms. Avery could not play for a shit team in any of Europe's or South America's top divisions. He only plays half the game well but all fans will always love a man with heart.

The DOG is a shittong too. Men on this forum seem to love him and his attributes serve him well in Scotland. But, as you probably already know..except Rangers and Celtic, Scotland's league is absolute rubbish and the Scottish national team is crap. The Dog is slow and has no touch. Worse yet, because he has no composure on the ball, he is incapable of starting the play from the back.  Again, think of the role of a modern day defender. Think of how we started to pass the ball when Sancho came on, and Spann fell back on the right. They played it into Yorke and Whitley and our game changes. Modern day foorball mandates that defenders have skill on the ball and the attack starts with them. Again we will always love a player with heart and the Dog could real head a ball...but he is shit and destroys any chance we have of a possession game starting form the back. Again, only plays half his position well. Good enough for boom kick football in Scotland, but not god enough at the highest level. Talles' and all is a more complete player than the DOG.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2005, 11:12:14 AM »
Allyuh men who criticising Dog and Avery is kix,oui. Is a mentality Trinidad have that keeping us back for years: if a man cah beat and dribble, he is shit. If he doh ahve real skillz, he is a shithound. That is our main problem throughout because we doh seem to understand in the concept of TEAM ! Modern this and modern that...the men fulfilling the duties of their role in the team. Not everybody is required to bring the ball out of the defence, true, we might like that and if we had men who could do that we would be brazil or argentina. Instead of calling Dog a shithound, why you doh say partner him with man like Sancho so they could complement each other? Sancho good at that...so why would Dog need to do it too? Instead of criticising Avery, why u doh look at who playing left mid with him since he in the side? Oh wait...that's nobody ! So maybe the man have no chance to build a understanding with somebody and prefer to play it safe !!

Tha's why we can't find a decent defensive midfilder in the entire 2 islands because from small men getting pong bout how they shitty because they not skillzing, instead of being encouraged how to maximise their abilities like DOG and Avery ! I sure Gary Neville is shit to most men on this board, because he so conservative but tha's why he untouchable for Manu And England for the past 10 years. Tha's why Cantona call Deschamps nothing more than ' a water carrier', but he is France most capped player until last nite.

Pack the team with a set of skilful men and see what they win...just ask real since Makelele gone...
Small goal mentality...
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2005, 11:23:40 AM »
Just imagine if Dwight was playin with this type of heart and determination back when we had Latas, Arnold, Nixon and Nakhid in their prime.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2005, 11:42:15 AM »
The only thing that i take from this game is that Leo needs to put Sealy and Jones from the start of the game and definately start Dwight in the middle.  Later on in the game then you can push dwight up in front and move whitely in the middle to run the show or whatever you can come up with.  All that i know is that with Dwight and Stern up front in the start of the game killed our attack because, they were waiting for the middle field to show them where to run instead of them showing the midfield where to put the ball.  If you all noticed that when we had Sealy and Jones up front and they started to make runs even if they didn't get the ball but when they ran off the ball they took two defenders with them and I'm specifically speaking about that one play where i think it was the number  9  whoever that is took the ball in the midfield and ran all the way up the field and got the top of the 18 yard box and like he was suprised that he got that far without having a USA play tackle him.  That's what i saw.  I say play the same formation but make sure you put on if not both of the younger guys at least one of them.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2005, 11:44:45 AM »
Just imagine if Dwight was playin with this type of heart and determination back when we had Latas, Arnold, Nixon and Nakhid in their prime.

Actually the real question is if yorke could get back to htis level of determination with all this money and stuff then why cant arnold motivate himself to get back to that level?

1]; } ?>