April 18, 2024, 07:17:57 AM

Author Topic: The Seal Dribble  (Read 11222 times)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Seal Dribble
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2007, 10:17:44 AM »
Steups. How i see it is dis. Most beat in football is simply the defender being sent the wrong way..or the ball going to somewhere the defender didnt expect. A man could get a ball roll thru he legs and dat normal.....all dat in de game. Buh when you see a man coming deliberately to embarass yuh ass by raising a ball and strolling around yuh...dat is ting to want to distribute some stamp to mudders so and so. If yuh come to pappy show......no scene...take wha coming to you. Dahs all.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2007, 10:38:21 AM »
great move..love the creativity. football is also entertainment and props to Kerlon. he tried  it this week and was reminded how there are some serious assholes in the game. next ting man go say you should break Ronaldinho ankle when he hit you a spanner, or Zidane shoulda get his face smash when he used to roly poly man.

de man get a wicked check this rounds. pathetic...lil' funny too..but pathetic. coulda really hurt the youth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBXv5FISzjg&mode=related&search

Nah dred, I  cyah even laff...dat is ah straight red for me.  That not even a tactical foul, that's just deliberate and shouldn't be in the game.  I doh even understand why man taking it so personal...ah mean if yuh feel is show he trying to show yuh up...so what?  Every single beats man put dong on de field is intended to some degree to 'show you up'.

Yute man probably juss need to save it for when he inside de penalty box.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2007, 10:42:36 AM »
Steups. How i see it is dis. Most beat in football is simply the defender being sent the wrong way..or the ball going to somewhere the defender didnt expect. A man could get a ball roll thru he legs and dat normal.....all dat in de game. Buh when you see a man coming deliberately to embarass yuh ass by raising a ball and strolling around yuh...dat is ting to want to distribute some stamp to mudders so and so. If yuh come to pappy show......no scene...take wha coming to you. Dahs all.

Two questions:

1. Seeing that you can't read his mind, would it matter to you if his intent was to simply get by yuh and NOT to "deliberately embarrass" you?

2. Would it make a difference to you if he was juggling the ball with other parts of his body (feet, legs, chest, shoulder etc.) and not exclusively with his head? 

Under those two situations...would you still feel justified to "distribute some stamp to mudders so and so"?

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2007, 12:14:14 PM »
What I see in those clips is everyone trying to defend lifting leg up high and otherwise drawing a foul.
No one tried to get right on his shoulder in a legal shoulder to shoulder and nudge him enough to get him off balance. Can't say I've tried this, but I think that move can be defended legally.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2007, 02:53:30 PM »
This is nothing new, steups..there was an indian fella who used to play in the Aranguez league, ah believe he name was santa, he had that down pack.. and this is back in the early 80s. dat youtman wasn't born yet.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2007, 03:19:27 PM »
The only time I can see a defender getting upset with a clever forward is when he beat 2 or 3 men and then carry the ball to the corner flag and sit down on it. I have seen that before. What Kierlon is doing is child's play. He ent showing up anybody. he don't do it everytime. He seems to feel out the opponent first before he try it.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2007, 05:27:55 PM »

Two questions:

1. Seeing that you can't read his mind, would it matter to you if his intent was to simply get by yuh and NOT to "deliberately embarrass" you?

2. Would it make a difference to you if he was juggling the ball with other parts of his body (feet, legs, chest, shoulder etc.) and not exclusively with his head? 

Under those two situations...would you still feel justified to "distribute some stamp to mudders so and so"?

1. Seeing a man raise a ball up and roll it on his head...in the pressure of a game....that eh exactly normal. If a man get a cross or the ball came at him at a weird height and in an attempt to control it......yeh...dat understandable. Taking a ball up and bouncing it shows a move like that premeditated.

2. As i said....is how the ball comes.....i remember another article where a man stop....raise the ball up....and start raising it in brazil...and big fight start.  Something like that can be taken as disrespect.

Defenders getting embarassed and lashing out eh new. Roberto Carlos collect a rainbow in world cup 2002.....what he do right after? Hard blade. I right now nursing a knee injury from a stamp i collect cuz i breed a man real steenk. All dat in de game. Defenders seeing him doing that go foul him one time to make him remember to keep respectful. As i said...if de man want to show off he skill well fine. If he career marred by injuries....well.....dahs you.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2007, 06:21:19 PM »
Some older heads go remember this. I see george best beat ah man turn around beat him again and sit down on the ball and call him. Lard! de man went wild.
Next week in the back of the park ah man try dat. He get one Gola six pegs in he chest hhahahahahhaha
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2007, 09:57:01 PM »
Siiting on the ball during the heat of a game is not natural to the game. I see a man put ball on head once and run from the edge of his area to little pass half line. The crowd went wild. The mid-field and defenders pulling he shirt as he was running at full speed. . It was hilarious. He did not do for the rest of the game. I just don't Kierlon head dribble as taunting.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2007, 10:11:02 PM »
1. Seeing a man raise a ball up and roll it on his head...in the pressure of a game....that eh exactly normal. If a man get a cross or the ball came at him at a weird height and in an attempt to control it......yeh...dat understandable. Taking a ball up and bouncing it shows a move like that premeditated.

Most moves on the field are premeditated...but that doesn't mean that the intent is to embarrass.  Sounds like YOUR natural reaction would be to take offense, but because offense is taken that doesn't mean offense was meant, right?  So let me put it to you again, because I'm not sure you really answered it the first time: would it matter to you if his intent was to simply get by yuh and NOT to "deliberately embarrass" you?

2. As i said....is how the ball comes.....i remember another article where a man stop....raise the ball up....and start raising it in brazil...and big fight start.  Something like that can be taken as disrespect.

Well leh we forget Brazil for now...we talking about you.  If you defending and ah man "stop...raise the ball up...and start raising it" juggling it with foot, leg, knee chest whatever...running thru de defense into the area.  Would you take that as a sign of disrespect and lick him up?

I eh looking fuh argument, ah honestly want to understand yuh position, because I've seen man do that in game.  Not stop and raise ball...but control bouncing ball and juggle it thru defenders on the way to goal.

Defenders getting embarassed and lashing out eh new. Roberto Carlos collect a rainbow in world cup 2002.....what he do right after? Hard blade. I right now nursing a knee injury from a stamp i collect cuz i breed a man real steenk. All dat in de game. Defenders seeing him doing that go foul him one time to make him remember to keep respectful. As i said...if de man want to show off he skill well fine. If he career marred by injuries....well.....dahs you.

You honestly think that is part of de game??  When yuh breed pardna were you trying to embarrass him?  When he stamp yuh how yuh feel...yuh thought yuh deserved it?

Curious to hear yuh response.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2007, 07:16:04 AM »
Not just football but in sport on the whole, one golden rule is NEVER EMBARASS YOUR OPPONENT.

There are expected consequences to that.

Think about what would happen if a player rounded the goalkeeper, and faced with an open goal, got down on all fours and head the ball in the goal (like we do for kicks in small goal)..  There would undoubtedly be retaliation for the provocation, and i think the retaliation would be justified too..

It reminds me of a couple seasons back in the NFL when Terrel Owens ran to the halfline to celebrate a touchdown just to mimic the opponent's traditional celebration and it sparked a mini-brawl.. The NFL has since legislated against provocative celebrations.. NBA too, yuh cyah dunk on ah man and laugh in he face, swing up on de ring and skin yuh cyat.. technical foul or ejection...

Now if Kerlon could make a case that raising the ball on his head and running with the ball is a useful technique for getting past defenders, which has worked consistently in the past, then it would be more understandable. But that is not the impression I get from what I've seen and heard. Seems more to me like a party trick to FIRSTLY impress the fans, himself and the media and SECONDLY to try to get by his marker and do something productive.. If it were not so, he would be trying it when the game young or his side was down 1-0 and under pressure, not when the game safe and coming to an end and is showtime.

Don't get me wrong eh, I like de piece ah skill, it new and entertaining, and i go bawl if i see a defender eat that.. Also i dont even think his intent is to embarass the opponent as opposed to showboating.. 

But whether or not that is de yute intentions, the end result is that it is embarassing for any defender.... And i dont expect any defender worth his salt to take that without teaching him a lesson..

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2007, 08:14:40 AM »
Not just football but in sport on the whole, one golden rule is NEVER EMBARASS YOUR OPPONENT.

Think about what would happen if a player rounded the goalkeeper, and faced with an open goal, got down on all fours and head the ball in the goal (like we do for kicks in small goal)..  There would undoubtedly be retaliation for the provocation, and i think the retaliation would be justified too..

It reminds me of a couple seasons back in the NFL when Terrel Owens ran to the halfline to celebrate a touchdown just to mimic the opponent's traditional celebration and it sparked a mini-brawl.. The NFL has since legislated against provocative celebrations.. NBA too, yuh cyah dunk on ah man and laugh in he face, swing up on de ring and skin yuh cyat.. technical foul or ejection...

Now if Kerlon could make a case that raising the ball on his head and running with the ball is a useful technique for getting past defenders, which has worked consistently in the past, then it would be more understandable. But that is not the impression I get from what I've seen and heard. Seems more to me like a party trick to FIRSTLY impress the fans, himself and the media and SECONDLY to try to get by his marker and do something productive.. If it were not so, he would be trying it when the game young or his side was down 1-0 and under pressure, not when the game safe and coming to an end and is showtime.

Don't get me wrong eh, I like de piece ah skill, it new and entertaining, and i go bawl if i see a defender eat that.. Also i dont even think his intent is to embarass the opponent as opposed to showboating.. 

But whether or not that is de yute intentions, the end result is that it is embarassing for any defender.... And i dont expect any defender worth his salt to take that without teaching him a lesson..

Don't agree.

I agree that the unwritten rule of gentlemanliness & sportsmanship should be upheld in the game- but that does not justify retaliation. There is no rationale that can rightfully defend kicking out at an opponent because in your opinion he tried to embarass you. That to me is even more disrespectful than an outrageous move. Can't be inconsistent with the expectation of gentlemanliness. Let the front office authorities deal with what they consider to not be in the spirit of the game.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 08:16:29 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2007, 08:22:53 AM »

Don't agree.

I agree that the unwritten rule of gentlemanliness & sportsmanship should be upheld in the game- but that does not justify retaliation. There is no rationale that can rightfully defend kicking out at an opponent because in your opinion he tried to embarass you. That to me is even more disrespectful than an outrageous move. Can't be inconsistent with the expectation of gentlemanliness. Let the front office authorities deal with what they consider to not be in the spirit of the game.

justified was a poor word to use, but in essence i what i was trying to infer was that provocation results in retaliation, and it should not be unexpected..

"Some say Iran is like a lion sitting calmly in the corner. We advise them not to play with a lion's tail." Mahmoud Ahmedinijad

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2007, 08:42:20 AM »
Is dem asses in Brasil gettin on so.  Not the first time either.
When he move to a more civilized league (Europe) he won't get such violent responses.
While he in Brasil I want him to only do it in the penalty area.
Let's see how many penalties and red cards they willing to concede.

1]; } ?>