March 29, 2024, 06:46:10 AM

Author Topic: Joel Rahim TnT left back from late 70's ..early 80's  (Read 11003 times)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Re: Joel Rahim TnT left back from late 70's ..early 80's
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2007, 07:52:16 PM »
Me eh old like some men here.

When did NY Cosmos come to TT and who did they play against?

VB

Cosmos come in the 70's maybe 76-78 I want to say they came twice once with Pele and once without, but doh shoot meh, brain cells dying years now. I remember who ever coach put ah man to man mark El Rey, Pele run to the side line calling the man and the man follow. The crowd start to boo. every time Bogiesevic beat he man and move through midfield Pele run to the side line and Boogie just carry to goal, Lard ! Talk about kicks. 1/2 time de locals abandon that tactic hahahahah
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2007, 09:42:40 PM »
The dread in the front is that Zeno also played for TT in basketball a very good talent.

Big Magician what position you played, I can't name the team, the ones i remembered are Hargraves, Rahim, Ahee, Demas (keeper) Tyson, Chotilal, Cromwell, Jadoo I might be wrong with some.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2007, 06:19:21 AM »
real good "coach."...excelent....yuh real know dem names....are you Mod sec also ??

as for me...i was called up as a form 3 student to the team on the eve of the south final replay...(striker/winger)

so i went to the weekend camp...and I impressed Coach Danny enough to make him rush off on the Monday to try to get me registered to play( or at least be on the team)....but that failed...so i miss out...

the funny part is, i was invited to go on the team bus to the final and be part of the whole team ting.....yuh know yuh boy blank dat and went with my form 3 mates and storm the "Park" over de wall....lol...

well after dat year...mod sec went down...so das my college footbal....lol
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2007, 07:32:14 AM »
The dread in the front is that Zeno also played for TT in basketball a very good talent.

Big Magician what position you played, I can't name the team, the ones i remembered are Hargraves, Rahim, Ahee, Demas (keeper) Tyson, Chotilal, Cromwell, Jadoo I might be wrong with some.

Yeah dat is Zeno he was the striker who mash up ASL in PSA, the first year of the League. He was a very good basketball player as well for Dovers and T&T.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2007, 08:03:33 AM »
:awd....dey go have to rename dis thread de Methuselah thread wee.  Dem ole man and dem real reminsicin bout dem days.  Observer...it had tugs back den or allyuh used to drop it Doric style?  ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2007, 11:31:26 AM »
Big Magician, a coach must have a good memory, yeah bro that weekend we sleep in the woodwork center, i was in form 5.

I am suprise that not much man know Zeno, very good dribbler!

By the way Palos, yu talking about man ole, to me it sound like you still have something, so listen, although I am just coaching, I will challenge you and any one on this site on a FRIENDLY 1 v 1 game must be retired from 18+.

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2007, 11:41:15 AM »
Big Magician, a coach must have a good memory, yeah bro that weekend we sleep in the woodwork center, i was in form 5.

By the way Palos, yu talking about man ole, to me it sound like you still have something, so listen, although I am just coaching, I will challenge you and any one on this site on a FRIENDLY 1 v 1 game must be retired from 18+.

How the ass you playing 1v1 once one of allyuh score game done because you can't kick off  :rotfl:

18+ I will take you on but you can't use no walking stick. Imagine man talking about Mod Sec. me eh even know dat was a school, much less have footballers. Next go be ASJA

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2007, 12:46:03 PM »
18+ I will take you on but you can't use no walking stick. Imagine man talking about Mod Sec. me eh even know dat was a school, much less have footballers. Next go be ASJA

Breds.....I glad u say dat cause I tort I was de only one.  Mod Sec?  I know bout Mod Squad wit Link and dem.  But Mod Sec?  WTF?  ;D ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2007, 02:06:05 PM »

Breds.....I glad u say dat cause I tort I was de only one.  Mod Sec?  I know bout Mod Squad wit Link and dem.  But Mod Sec?  WTF?  ;D ;D
Linc (short fuh Lincoln)...not dat I know what allyuh ole people talking 'bout  ;D

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2007, 02:23:07 PM »

How the ass you playing 1v1 once one of allyuh score game done because you can't kick off  :rotfl:

oh shit ! hahhahahahah  :rotfl: ah on the floor wid dat one. Boy allyuh eh easy at all. ANC is cuss coming in yuh ass  ;D

Thomas Paine

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2007, 03:27:37 PM »
This is how you play 1 v 1, 2 small goal we play for 15 mins or whatever, when you score you start from your goal no center, man you guys never play street soccer, after a finish kick some butt you will know about Mod Sec, Hurricanes and Telco, Texaco and Giants all former teams, so talk the talk now you step up for a challenge. Palos you first! I start to see man knees buckling.

By the way did anyone recognize SH in the photo, he is the only kinda a fair skin dude.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 03:45:38 PM by Coach »

Offline Oz

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2007, 06:03:26 PM »
This is how you play 1 v 1, 2 small goal we play for 15 mins or whatever, when you score you start from your goal no center, man you guys never play street soccer, after a finish kick some butt you will know about Mod Sec, Hurricanes and Telco, Texaco and Giants all former teams, so talk the talk now you step up for a challenge. Palos you first! I start to see man knees buckling.

By the way did anyone recognize SH in the photo, he is the only kinda a fair skin dude.

Yuh should say in de middle row, because Carpette behind him in the back row light-skinned too.

Yeah Palos....another old-timer here.  1v1 was a great way to build individual skill and to strengthen the "one-on-one" apsect of the game , like screening, turning on a defender then shooting, etc.  Remember  yuh have no one to pass to... (and good material fuh ole talk too).  Sometimes even with enough to play a 2v2 or 3v3 we would play "1v1 champ on board" in the street.

If Coach grow up on dat kinda menu, ah would not be surprised if he could take yuh in a 1v1 if he maintain some degree of fitness ;D

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2007, 06:25:56 PM »
Yeah OZ my bad, forgot about Red Man, SH in the middle row next to Archie (Keeper) does keep man lose with nough jokes.

OZ i ent go challenge if I don't keep in some kind of shape, my men AAA team I does coach, ah does take part in some serious scrimmage.

Maybe we can start a Socawarriors 1 v 1 challenge, let see who is in.
The age structure for games is 30 to 35, 35 to 40, 40 to 45, 45 to 50 and 50+ everyone pay a fee to enter and winner take all.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2007, 06:32:18 PM »
:awd....dey go have to rename dis thread de Methuselah thread wee.  Dem ole man and dem real reminsicin bout dem days.  Observer...it had tugs back den or allyuh used to drop it Doric style?  ;D

LOL. Palos yuh wicked. Nah man it was pure bullet in dem days.

Bata bullet. :-)
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2007, 06:42:45 PM »

Yuh should say in de middle row, because Carpette behind him in the back row light-skinned too.

Yeah Palos....another old-timer here. 1v1 was a great way to build individual skill and to strengthen the "one-on-one" apsect of the game , like screening, turning on a defender then shooting, etc. Remember yuh have no one to pass to... (and good material fuh ole talk too). Sometimes even with enough to play a 2v2 or 3v3 we would play "1v1 champ on board" in the street.

If Coach grow up on dat kinda menu, ah would not be surprised if he could take yuh in a 1v1 if he maintain some degree of fitness ;D

Yeah OZ my bad, forgot about Red Man, SH in the middle row next to Archie (Keeper) does keep man lose with nough jokes.

OZ i ent go challenge if I don't keep in some kind of shape, my men AAA team I does coach, ah does take part in some serious scrimmage.

Maybe we can start a Socawarriors 1 v 1 challenge, let see who is in.
The age structure for games is 30 to 35, 35 to 40, 40 to 45, 45 to 50 and 50+ everyone pay a fee to enter and winner take all.

Wheey sah!! The old timers serious boy. They throwing down de gauntlet!!

Doh forget to notify ambulance services.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2007, 07:20:07 PM »
Sports and games use to sell ah gym boots tugs , black wid yellow laces and it had studs below. $5.00 a pair long before Bata Bullet
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2007, 07:39:09 PM »
Adidas brand too..

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2007, 07:01:02 AM »
Yeah Palos....another old-timer here.  1v1 was a great way to build individual skill and to strengthen the "one-on-one" apsect of the game , like screening, turning on a defender then shooting, etc.  Remember  yuh have no one to pass to... (and good material fuh ole talk too).  Sometimes even with enough to play a 2v2 or 3v3 we would play "1v1 champ on board" in the street.

I remember playing dem 1v1 game. In we regular small goal sweat we used to use ah small pan (Milo, KLIM, Fernleaf, Sissons etc.) instead of ah traditional goal, so yuh had tuh be accurate tuh lick it dong.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2007, 08:58:49 AM »
Yeah Palos....another old-timer here. 1v1 was a great way to build individual skill and to strengthen the "one-on-one" apsect of the game , like screening, turning on a defender then shooting, etc. Remember yuh have no one to pass to... (and good material fuh ole talk too). Sometimes even with enough to play a 2v2 or 3v3 we would play "1v1 champ on board" in the street.

I remember playing dem 1v1 game. In we regular small goal sweat we used to use ah small pan (Milo, KLIM, Fernleaf, Sissons etc.) instead of ah traditional goal, so yuh had tuh be accurate tuh lick it dong.

Good talk.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2007, 09:49:36 AM »

Aye guys i just know if i did not come on this thread people would have said what wrong with Coops so here i am,i'm really enjoying this because it's bringing back good memories,the youths today will never understand what we talking about,one remedy for 1v1 was to use the curb to make a one two,one  thing i can say though is that a lot of our national team players came through that Youth system :devil:

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2007, 03:37:17 PM »
yeah I use to play plenty 1v1 but den ah man would get sent off and just so game done  ;D
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2007, 05:49:37 AM »
or he would lose take he ball and run home...game done we...papa.

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2007, 05:53:37 AM »
Back on the topic, Joel (Bunny) Rahim is one of the nicest guys you would ever meet and a true player. I believe he still living close to Bay Road in Marabella. He had a brother who used to be the GK for Texaco back in the day as well. Can anyone remember his name? I think his nick name was "Flint"...
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 08:50:06 AM by MATADOR »

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2007, 10:02:04 AM »
Back on the topic, Joel (Bunny) Rahim is one of the nicest guys you would ever meet and a true player. I believe he still living close to Bay Road in Marabella. He had a brother who used to be the GK for Texaco back in the day as well. Can anyone remember his name? I think his nick name was "Flint"...

yeah is "Flint"..not "Flip" as yuh had earlier  :)
also known as "Lechkov" (similar look) and "Sa-Sa"  ;D
I used to play fete match with them too at Petrotrin Staff Club now and then when they was short

btw..allyuh (allyuh know who allyuh is) ah not home..somehow Hormel ent have the site blocked anymore ;D
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

1]; } ?>