April 28, 2024, 07:01:44 AM

Author Topic: Man feds cats to piibulls  (Read 1382 times)

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
Man feds cats to piibulls
« on: September 20, 2007, 08:36:56 PM »
Police Say Man Fed Cats to His Pit Bulls
LAWRENCEVILLE, Ga., Thu Sep 20, 05:53 PM

A man captured neighborhood cats and kittens and fed them live to his pit bulls, authorities said Thursday. Tye Hilmo, 21, was charged Thursday with aggravated cruelty to animals.

Hilmo was already in jail on drug, firearm and probation violation charges, Gwinnett County sheriff's spokeswoman Stacey Bourbonnais said.

The new warrant charges that Hilmo "did give injured live cats and kittens to his pit bull dogs and let the pit bulls kill the already injured cats and kittens. Hilmo would capture and injure neighborhood cats for this purpose."

He was arrested Sept. 10 after investigators serving a search warrant on his house found guns and two pounds of marijuana, Bourbonnais said. He has been jailed since then.

Authorities found the bodies of two kittens near Hilmo's residence. Bourbonnais said they also found a gruesome image on Hilmo's cell phone: a picture of one of his pit bulls and one of the mauled, dead kittens, and beneath picture a caption that says "Good Dog."

"It's pretty disturbing," Bourbonnais said.

The initial tip about Hilmo indicated he may be feeding kittens and cats to his dogs to prepare the dogs for fighting, but no dogfighting charges have been leveled against Hilmo, Bourbonnais said.

Sheriff's officials could not immediately say whether Hilmo has an attorney.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 09:18:35 AM by Tallman »
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Man feds cats to piibulls
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 08:50:20 AM »
A man captured neighborhood cats and kittens and fed them live to his pit bulls, authorities said Thursday. Tye Hilmo, 21, was charged Thursday with aggravated cruelty to animals.

This is so hypocritical.  Don't people feed rats and mice (bought at pet stores) to pet snakes?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 09:17:56 AM by Tallman »

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 09:09:20 AM »

This is so hypocritical.  Don't people feed rats and mice (bought at pet stores) to pet snakes?
i find yuh statement offensive and moronic.  ::) ::)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 09:18:14 AM by Tallman »
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 11:41:04 AM »
keep yuh pussy locked up.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 12:01:36 PM »

Yes but you don't feed LIVE rats and mice to snakes.

Besides you how people react to kittens.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 12:11:15 PM »
Yes but you don't feed LIVE rats and mice to snakes.
Oh yes people do feed live rats and mice to their pet snakes.
A friend of mine used to go to the lab up by ellerslie park to get mice to feed to his pet snakes.

What I think the problem is that many more people have kittens and dogs as pets so they just cant imagine that someone would do this, where as rats and mice are more than not are regarded as pests and they dont care too much.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 12:41:39 PM »
Every person I've met that owns snakes including stores that sell reptiles would never feed live prey because they're afraid that the snakes could get hurt.......no joke.

So I thought that that was the standard practice.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2007, 12:46:34 PM »
meh pardna must be a bit crazy then..... :thinking: come to think of it he did go trinity ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2007, 01:10:41 PM »
At my previous job a coworker kept a snake in his office and feed it live mice - so it happens.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2007, 08:16:53 PM »
Every person I've met that owns snakes including stores that sell reptiles would never feed live prey because they're afraid that the snakes could get hurt.......no joke.

So I thought that that was the standard practice.
Most people actually feed live mice to snakes, not rats...apparently there is a difference.

That said, Jahyouth is a backside for even suggesting that the two are similar...there is no hypocrisy here, snakes don't maul and mangle their prey to death and as a matter of fact mice are a natural part of a snakes diet.  Dogs don't 'naturally' eat cats to live.  Even if you wanted to you couldn't substitute any other meal for the mice in the snake's diet...not like you can go to PetSmart and buy a bag of snake food.

Feeding live cats to the dogs is nothing but another inhumane attempt to get them used to the idea of killing.

1]; } ?>