March 28, 2024, 08:32:29 AM

Author Topic: Dwight Yorke, Hats off to you.....  (Read 1012 times)

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Dwight Yorke, Hats off to you.....
« on: August 17, 2005, 10:05:37 PM »
De game finish. I feelin lil shell-shocked but at the same time i'm a lil impressed too. sound like madness eh?  First off,
Hats off to Dwight Yorke - A Trini to de Bone...  I salute Mr. Dwight Yorke because he have belly like a Calabash whilst his former counterpart tie up like a market crab. Dwight is by no means the best passer of the ball. Dwight is by no means the creative midfielder but Dwight came out tonight and did all those things that he is not to the very best of his ability. Mean while back at de ranch, De "Trini"  version of Claudio Reyna (Latapy) didn't turn up. As a result he pardner Dwight Yorke, a strict striker, was forced to be the one to move the ball around and slow or quicken the pace as every Team's "midfield maestro" would do. There was Dwight sloting balls into space, I could not believe meh eyes. Not the conventional 1,2 oh no of course he can do that but the 20-25 yard slots to slice open defences, He tried his best.

True enough we aren't playing one-man football anymore but nothing makes up for Experience & Exposure and this is what De  Veterans are supposed to bring to the Table.  Good Show Dwight.

I cya give a Touches/Patriot report because I is not dem but I will try to remember the key points observed...

Kelvin Jack - He is definetly a goal keeper and could possible be a very good one at that. I think that he may lack a little experience and tact but he sure makes up for it in Grit and Heart, after it kicks in. He save we Ass tonight couple times.   Kelvin Kelvin he's our man, if he cant do it........    Kelvin is de Man-o-Match.... P.S. That was a nice pass to your last stopper, Donavan dey Kelvin...

Marvin Andrews - Dog go be  Dog. We all know he strengths and weaknesses. Give thanks he displayed more of his strengths tonight than his weaknesses. Marvin will give his all everytime. I think when Tallest come off he get lil G- G- ry but was able to regain his composure. Obviously he has aged and we are okay with that.  Way to go Dog.... You should be the Captain in my opinion.

Dennis Lawrence - Tallest and Big Marv was busy doing there ting. They have really formed a good partnership and Dog seems to need that. Tallest put he neck on de line fuh we and Refree chop it off. No scene Tallest because that was as professional of a foul as I have seen and should have been rewarded with Yellow not Red. but the last man rule stood. Tallest de Marine.....

Atiba Charles - Atiba looked lost which I believe had a lot to do with Match readiness. He made good tackles at times but was annoyingly lost on possesion and plays off de ball. Still good back up for De back-line.  I think he need a better Club to get his game up.

Avery John - My defender of de game, (before sancho come and steal de show). Avery played like a leader tonight. Avery took the lead in helping TnT to get over the "Invincible USA Business" and rightfully so. He does be kicking dem fellas up every weak. He aint scared.
Avery I sure Twellman wish he didnt buss yuh eye because I see yuh fix that twice.  BooYah...

Brent Sancho - Without wondering if Brent shoulda start and all that crap, This fella come on de field and made an immediate Impact. Is like de man come on and give Dog, Avery and Jack a little breathing room. Sancho was on de ground, in the Air, pressing , tackling, still looking like he go take dat slow drag from an educated striker but yuh go have to come good. He nice like SugarAloes. Good job Brent, yuh almost get man-o-match.

Birchall - I think tonight we saw a more composed, controlled Birchall better know as SocaValiant. I was very impressed with his movement and mostly his composure coming down to the end. He hold it, he didn't vanish because of fatigue. he hold it down. Much respect Mr.Valiant, yuh ride with de best of them tonight.

Young Spann - I still  rating up meh boy  and though he did not have a bad game, it was at best only fair and not deserving of the Roaldinho title tonight. I think that Spann is a ,baller but his inexperience almost got the better of him tonight. His tackling is either good or bad. Bad in de sense of "is de refree weh spare him". He got to keep dem pegs low and with a little less pre-Touch drama and more consistency we de fans should be singing songs bout de fella fuh some time to come.

Aurtis Whitley- Most improved player on de field tonight. I could not find fault with de bredda and could see glimpses of what the Local warriors.net does be talking bout this man. Tonight he look like a winner, like he wanted to win. Keep it up Aurtis, yuh might become  we best midfielder.

Samuels - Well I dont know. I cant say nothing  bout Samuels other than he needs to decide what he does best and do more of it. For the most part he was not in the game and when on de ball, he needs to put more effort into not showing the defender so much of the ball since it seems that he like to take on defenders. take them on but maintain position.

Dwight Yorke - Dwight Yorke showed considerable first touch in the first opening minutes of the game before the "Captaincy" set in. After that he kinda faded into a Lazy Roy keene kinda role. Dwight is no spring chicken and so I did not expect surging runs into the defence however we may need a new captain unless Yorke becomes a fullfledge midfielder. I dont think that Yorke can Captain and score goals. Marvin Andrews should be the captain and Dwight the Senior Player Advisor. we may get more out of Dwight this way. Dwight really came out in de second half and tried to be as much like Latas as he could possible remember.

Stern" Fridge" John - I cya say that this was Stern's worst game because yuh done know.....we know better  however he didn't  do anything noteworthy other than to motivate  his teamates to play exceptionally better as soon as he come off de field. Go figure. The commentators could not understand it. Stern John, we applaude you for so gracefully helping to pave the way for our future stars. Stern best run of de game was off de field.

Scott sealy - Hott Scott came on ready and willing to look good and impress his coach and fans. As we all must agree, the midfield needs to better feed their strikers. goals come from chances. we dont get enough chances. Scott did what was required and I feel secure in saying that he looked quite capable on the ball.

Kenwayne Jones -  This boy really reminds me of " young Dwight Yorke". I think his game will only get better and he has a lot going for him. having said that I think that Beenie-man will have to tactically figure out the best way to utilize JohnWayne Jones talents. He always looked tonight like he could do more. as in "Im about to pass of de ball now but I think I can do more with it". I think that Kenwayne will start alongside Dwight from now on.

Beenhacker - You truly showed some class tonight. I really was impressed with you subs and even timing. I appreciated the "Do or Die" attitude and with no subs left by the 60th minute it gives the impression to all the players that they have to do or die. You did help the Team progress further tonight because though they lost I think for the first time in a long time, they lost together. It is a whole lot easier to win together especially after you have lost together. In essence they handled Triumph or in our case tonight the pain together. You did good Beenie.
Of course the next game will tell exactly how good you did when we see the next starting line-up. For now though, drink some Vat 19 and take a pat on de back at least until tomorrow comes.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: Dwight Yorke, Hats off to you.....
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 10:13:41 PM »
Nice readings ;This is more upbeat;  but any players need ah reality check?

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 10:19:03 PM »

Nice report, but too much praise to some of the players.  For example Dog, did not play well; he allowed two critical runs by the US and missed a chance to score.  True his chance at scoring was not the best but it was not slim.   Avery John booted two critical passes out, and was not the best defender.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 10:22:29 PM »
Limer i can understand your points but a game is 90 minutes and given that Dog came up with at least a 65-67 % game that is a passing mark and Avery is good for at least 73-75% quality. How would you rate Brent Sancho?
Warren N. Boucaud

1]; } ?>