May 07, 2024, 12:46:29 PM

Author Topic: I Confess – Keeping black girl on the side  (Read 10620 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I Confess – Keeping black girl on the side
« on: September 24, 2007, 10:33:52 AM »
More fuel for de fire ...

I Confess – Keeping black girl on the side
Published on: 9/22/07.

As told to Sanka Price

THERE ARE CERTAIN topics people in this country prefer not to speak about. One of these is race, or to put it bluntly, the question of white and black.

As a white Barbadian male I am in a privileged position to discuss this issue and I choose this medium because of the anonymity it gives.

Like so many of my (white) friends, married or otherwise, I have had many affairs with black women.

I have never thought of marrying any of them, and definitely have never thought of fathering a child with any. I do, however, have sex regularly with them.

My confession here should not astound anyone. After all, such affairs have been going on from the time of slavery. But I am admitting it because I enjoy black girls, and hopefully by breaking some ice on the issue, some of the other guys I know who date these girls would come forward and openly admit their preference.

Now, let me give you a run down on my exploits with black girls.

My first intimate encounter with a black woman was when I was 17 and still at secondary school. The young lady (who is married today) was so attracted to me that every time I looked at her all she could do was blush.

As you would expect, in those days we as white and black children hardly mixed socially even though we sat side by side in the same classroom, played on the same teams, and sometimes caught the same bus to get home if for some reason our usual lift was late in coming or just couldn't make it.

Problems dating black  

Therefore you could understand how perplexed I was by her attention. I told my friends and asked them what they thought I should do. The answer was obvious.

The young lady and myself began talking shortly after that. I found her to be a very pleasant person, articulate, and possessing a much sharper intellect than mine.

Indeed, I found her to be capable of conversing on most topics with a fluency that I envied. Like most teens we spent hours on the telephone and courted heavily at school. After a few reports to my friends, however, I stopped. It wasn't funny anymore, because I was beginning to like this girl.

There were problems however. The first one was going out with her in public. Though I liked her a lot, I could not be seen with her.

In those days, every Saturday I went to the Vista cinema with my friends. My sister was dating one of the guys in the group, so if I had demonstrated more than a passing interest in a black girl, my parents would have heard about it and that would have spelt trouble.

The second difficulty I had was keeping my friendship with this girl a secret from my real girlfriend. One of my friends had been dating my girlfriend's sister and he did not particularly like the idea of me having a black girl.

What increased the pressure on me was the constant invitation from my black friend to go with her to the cinema or the beach. Although she did not insist when I said no, I couldn't help but feel guilty.

The fact that my whole world was built around a particular circle of friends made it impossible for me to accept her invitations. I didn't want my friends to think I was getting serious.

Anyway, when the holidays came, we secretly were able to meet each other on the beach and a few other places where we did not meet with too many glares.

She never once asked me to do things she knew would expose our relationship. Best of all, she never mentioned 'our problem' or behaved as if she was better than anyone else, as I find to be the case most times when one starts dating black girls.

It was after I began working that I realised the stupid things I had been told about black people were not true, but nevertheless it did make us white kids feel superior to them.

I remember members of my family, especially my father speaking of their laziness, indifferent attitude, their "thiefing ways" and so on. Because of my interaction with black people, I know those to be myths. A few weeks after starting work at the bank, I was dating the black clerk/typist who worked there. By this time I had my first car, so moving around freely was no headache like before.

Enjoying affair

Unfortunately for me however, this girl turned out to be one who "puts on airs" as the saying goes. She was too interested in dressing well with her hair and face all fancy, and showing off that she had a white boyfriend. Apparently, even her work began to suffer, too, because one day my boss called me into his office to tell me "the facts of life" as he termed it.

It was quite acceptable to have sex with the girl, he said, but I was to make sure that she knew it could not be more serious than that.

In other words I was given the go ahead to fool around, but was to make sure no one got attached. That affair eventually fizzled out.

Presently, I'm having an affair with another black girl. A sweet thing, bright and very versatile as well. I have never had a problem with her, and she knows that I also have a white girlfriend and accepts it.

The truth is that I like her a lot, and this being a different day and age, there are quite a few mixed couples who go around openly now. I however, have not yet found the courage to do so.

I suspect, however, that if my love for this girl grows I may one day find the courage to defy my family and friends and come out in the open and declare my love; but for now, I'm enjoying life as it is. Even if I do end up marrying my white girlfriend, I suppose I'll always have a black girl as a friend.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: I Confess – Keeping black girl on the side
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 11:12:23 AM »
I believe Allison Hinds is also married to a white man. 

Is marrying white considered "prestigous" in Barbados, or on the whole across the Caribbean?

Sad to believe that we are still slaves to such thinking.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 11:23:11 AM »
...and i always thought red baby used to fall from de sky in the caribbean.

this posting ironic since i see white girl rolling in a civic in de ATL dis morning with a number plate border that read

BARBADOS (on d top)
BAJUN GIRL (on d bottom)

she was blasting some hard hip hop

ah wonder if she have a black man on d side

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 11:46:46 AM »
The 'confessor' should go on Jerry Springer wit dat sob story  :violin:
Imagine ah big hard back man still embarassed to admit he want ah black woman

:flamethrower: 4  the closet racist oui

dem black gyal chupid too...not one ah dem aks de man.."ay how come I never meet none of yuh fren or family"?..nuttn?

both parties gettin on like is ah mills & boon novel when is ah pure booty call arrangement
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 11:51:58 AM »
word dutty.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 11:57:11 AM »
::)

seems he wants to have he (Tobago) flying fish and eat it too :devil:
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 12:00:59 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 12:48:05 PM »

:flamethrower: 4  the closet racist oui

dem black gyal chupid too...not one ah dem aks de man.."ay how come I never meet none of yuh fren or family"?..nuttn?

both parties gettin on like is ah mills & boon novel when is ah pure booty call arrangement

yeah it sad, but in fairness he's not a closet racist- he's actually the opposite. If he was real frenin' up wid blacks in public but racist behind closed doors....then he'd be a closet racist. De man just doh have the balls to live out his beliefs in public. unfortunate nevertheless....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2007, 12:55:12 PM »
Is marrying white considered "prestigous" in Barbados, or on the whole across the Caribbean?

Try the world. Not just Bim or the Caribbean.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2007, 01:58:09 PM »

Try the world. Not just Bim or the Caribbean.

if yuh like prunes

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2007, 03:28:53 PM »
I seriously doubt that situation exists in T&T, at least I've never seen or experienced it first hand.  I've always found that discrimination was more class based rather than race back home.

Syrian community excepted.

BTW I'm what is considered white back home and here's a pic of my family:

I feel that Bajan boy doing himself a disservice.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2007, 06:30:29 PM »
Nice family boss..handsome lil fellah yuh have dey

I forsee Yuh wife will have to beat off them 'southern belles' with a stick when your son hits puberty

stay tuned
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2007, 06:40:43 PM »
[

yeah it sad, but in fairness he's not a closet racist- he's actually the opposite. If he was real frenin' up wid blacks in public but racist behind closed doors....then he'd be a closet racist. De man just doh have the balls to live out his beliefs in public. unfortunate nevertheless....

I seein it kinda upside down from you.

The article didnt allude to him havin black friends in public......and he sure doh want he friends to find out about he outside concubines

dem ting goin on since slavery days...'massa' put he wife on ah pedestal...but use to go down in de slave quarters to indulge in serious depravity

meanwhile de madame on de pedestal not gettin she neeeeeds fulfilled....so she hadda sneak een one ah de biggest youth man to she chambers to make sure she sleep good at night

cause yuh want to tap some ass in secret doh mean yuh not racist
racism like homphobia does have ah strong gender bias too........
for plenty man on this forum the thought of two man in ah bed does make dem want to rip dey eyes out
but put two nice woman in ah bed & man lookin to bring out dey camcorder

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2007, 08:20:56 PM »
[

I seein it kinda upside down from you.

The article didnt allude to him havin black friends in public......and he sure doh want he friends to find out about he outside concubines

dem ting goin on since slavery days...'massa' put he wife on ah pedestal...but use to go down in de slave quarters to indulge in serious depravity

meanwhile de madame on de pedestal not gettin she neeeeeds fulfilled....so she hadda sneak een one ah de biggest youth man to she chambers to make sure she sleep good at night

cause yuh want to tap some ass in secret doh mean yuh not racist
racism like homphobia does have ah strong gender bias too
for plenty man on this forum the thought of two man in ah bed does make dem want to rip dey eyes out
but put two nice woman in ah bed & man lookin to bring out dey camcorder

case in point :strom thurmond (the man is like a god round these here parts, the amount of stuff named after him is incredible.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2007, 08:44:53 PM »
case in point :strom thurmond (the man is like a god round these here parts, the amount of stuff named after him is incredible.
"The Rev. Al Sharpton was reported on February 24, 2007 to be a descendent of slaves owned by the Thurmond family. Sharpton has asked for a DNA test. Essie Mae Washington-Williams, stated she would welcome Sharpton to the family if the DNA test he claims he will take shows he is a relative." ;)
look ting....
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 08:48:07 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2007, 09:01:59 PM »
Who on dis site cares. Yuh could keep a Carib/Arawak/Mayan on d side. Yuh is still a nasty man who horning he wife
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2007, 12:28:06 AM »
I don't want to sound like a know it all, but BC of my love for travel, i visited bados quite frequently as well as other caribbean islands, especially since we only have a limited amount of white sandy beaches in Trinidad , i repeat Trinidad, not Tobago. bados is one of the places i go to relax and enjoy nature, but of late i started paying attention to the surroundings and i was disappointed with the place, as a matter of fact i promise my self to give the place a rest for a while, since the last time i was there i noticed the ppl to me were getting more and more despicable every time i visit.

Bajans to me are quite segregated , not that trini's aren't, but bajans more so than any other Caribbean islanders. the black bajans are also huge self haters, men and women alike, they have no sense of self worth, and i want to believe it's a flow over from slavery, so i am not suprise that those bajan chicks ate all that disrespect from dude. white bajans on the other hand are quite the opposite, they have an enormous sense self which could also be interpreted as narcissistic. i remember one of my first incidents with the bajan segregation drama, was one night i visited a club called harbor lights, the locals call it harbor whites since it's a white majority club like the Genesis of old times. any way when i got to the club the black bouncers denied me entrance, i then slipped them a 50 so it was no problem after that, but it was mostly white ppl in attendance, only then did i realized why i was first denied entry. one of the guys who worked in the hotel then told me how difficult it is for black ppl to get into that joint, and if you're not a visitor then you must know someone at the door or else it's pot luck.

I noticed besides the clubs and bar scene, the white bajans enjoy a privilege life style that the black locals could only dream of. private shooting galleries , golf courses , riding clubs , auto racing clubs , sailing clubs etc, are only a few of the perks of being white in Barbados,  of which is 90% white membership. i also met a few white trini's in these places enjoying the bajan high life, but i decline to let them know i was from trini, so i put onn my best American accent to ovoid the ole talk. i want to believe trini have a similar atmosphere, in that mainly local whites enjoy the best that trini has to offer, and they seldom rub shoulders with black working class, or is rarely seen socializing with low income blacks or non whites. well i guess that's human nature for yuh, a simple case of the haves VS the have nots. ppl in power will never acknowledge the less affluent,and the less privilege, that's why i love Che, the man was a real humanitarian. if that story is indeed fact, and not some prick who key board happy, then thomas jefferson was more of a human being than he would ever be, and with bigger stone to go wid it, BC jefferson had more to lose than that weak heart bajan spoiled child and still aknowledged his black lover in public togetther with the kids she bore for him. as for me, mankind would never cease to amaze me. i guess TI says it best . GOD IS THE BOSS.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 02:04:36 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2007, 07:19:57 AM »
JC,

dat whole scene eh sound too different from trinidad.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2007, 08:22:12 AM »
i agree w/ andre...also with respect to just cool's comments i think it is also a matter of social class b/c i am sure the affluent blacks, indians, asians etc could get into that harbor lights place.

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2007, 08:59:55 AM »
Dutty...doh  bad talk meh teenage Mills and Boon book nah man.

Seriously though, if all de man doing is frennin wid a black woman in private, den he IS racist!! He doh have no udder black frens (male or female), so there can be IMO, no other description to his behaviour.

How man slave masters used tuh sleep wid de slaves?  Dey take any ah dem out tuh dinner? fuh ah Sunday drive?  Own up up tuh any ah de chirren dat come from dem?  Ah doh tink so.

Dat fella have serious problems and it sad tuh tink dat it is 2007 and not 1707 we talkin bout!!
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2007, 09:10:31 AM »
i think we need one of the caribbean "whiteboys" (they may not be considered white in northern latitudes) on this forum to come and give their perspective.

i think is a colonial mentality thing. they have $$ so they think they still on de plantation.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2007, 09:15:53 AM »
i agree w/ andre...also with respect to just cool's comments i think it is also a matter of social class b/c i am sure the affluent blacks, indians, asians etc could get into that harbor lights place.

Class is an escapist act at times to deny the truth of racism.

It ain't that simple in Bim. It just ain't that simple. Aside from the fact that Barbados is less racially variegated than Trini, it just ain't that simple.

I can assure you that if de place was 'ram' with affluent 'persons of color' Harbor Lights would lose its character and all hell would break lose. But it won't happen because the gatekeepers understand the balance that is to be struck.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2007, 09:23:13 AM »
i think we need one of the caribbean "whiteboys" (they may not be considered white in northern latitudes) on this forum to come and give their perspective.

i think is a colonial mentality thing. they have $$ so they think they still on de plantation.

In my experience 'Caribbean whiteboys' - as you put it - look white and possess the hair, the eyes and whatever features that would suggest to anyone looking at them that they ARE white. While I agree that this accords them a degree of fascination abroad (of which I have found they are aware and play conveniently) I have found also that it has never brought a 'you are not white' reception.

I have certainly seen it bring several privileges that they are accustomed to whther at home or abroad.

I think it's time to do away with this self-reassuring myth that 'they are not white in northern latitudes' ... NYTWB's avoided cutarse at Howard notwithstanding :).

« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 09:24:44 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2007, 09:31:07 AM »
ok let me share 3 stories from Bim that could probably lend some weight to this discussion, and hopefully show this story is more of a Bim thing than an ingrained thing...

1. Last year there was a big story in the papers where a wife called 911 to report an incident of domestic violence.. This was at one of those exclusive white gated communities.. When the police arrived, the security at the gate told the police they could not enter, because they were visitors.. The police left, came back the next day and were also refused. Imagine police being prevented from doing their jobs because a toy soldier at the door tell them they cyah come in.. and they had to eat that and go home.. it was only when it got some press coverage that they got the "approval" to go in and investigate..

2. Cricket world cup last year.. Just before the start of the tournament last year, police looking to go into the stadiums to conduct their inspections.. Big photo in the papers of some white men (probably ICC reps) frisking and patting down the officers before they could go in the stadium.. caused an uproar and the government said it never supposed to happen again..

3. my moms relaxing on a beach in a private resort as a personal guest of the owner.. toy soldier beach security is to walk up to moms on de beach and brace her, and ask her if she's a guest at the resort.. Well you know that get a  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(  type lecturing, the kind only your mother in the most extreme blue state could deliver.. get threaten with a loss wuk all kinda ting, meh boy had to boil down like baggi...

fact is that colonialist mentality still very alive in barbados, and will continue be as long as the economy is dependent on tourism and they are the ones who own all the business and property on the island..

furthermore, i trying to understand how whiteboy lustful musings was deemed newsworthy material.. nothing in that article suggest anything than some "dear diary" ramblings from a thirsty fellah with a yearning for an audience.. if i wanted to, i could talk about exploits and make some sweeping generalizations about some races, i wonder if dey go pay me for a foolish article like that?

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2007, 01:02:30 PM »

Class is an escapist act at times to deny the truth of racism.

It ain't that simple in Bim. It just ain't that simple. Aside from the fact that Barbados is less racially variegated than Trini, it just ain't that simple.

I can assure you that if de place was 'ram' with affluent 'persons of color' Harbor Lights would lose its character and all hell would break lose. But it won't happen because the gatekeepers understand the balance that is to be struck.

I never been to Harbour Lights myself, but I went to university (in d UK) wid plenty Bajans and dey used to talk about Harbour Lights all d time as if dey in dere on a regular basis every time dey went home, and they are all black.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2007, 01:06:37 PM »
JC,

dat whole scene eh sound too different from trinidad.

Nah boy, hadda agree wid JC...Barbados is far more segregated than Trinidad.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2007, 01:07:58 PM »
arite ah reach...and once again i cud actually comment on this since I lived and went to school in Bdos for a year.
The first thing i noticed was that they segregated much more dan home in Trini. It was real blatant in school and ting. At one point a white woman made a comment to my mother that her son (me) might want to choose his friends more carefully if he wants to be invited to homes like theirs. She was making reference to me playing cricket and football which most of the whiteboys dont..they seemed to prefer tennis.
There was even one specific football team (training school) that the whites would more often send their children to play with and people often asked my why i played with the team that I did since it wasnt the "whiteboy club". Personally I enjoyed playing with players that were actually good and could win trophies, so the whiteboy team wasnt for me!
My mother was friends with a trini black woman who was one of the few black members of the yacht club down on de south coast which was notorious for its previous white only policy. Even my mother would comment on the looks they would get and how people would assume she was the member bringing her friend as a guest and not the other way around.
Bdos was nice to relax and I still have many good friends both black and white, however I must note that for almost all my white friends, at least one of their parents wasnt bajan. They were trini, guyanese or even american. They were the ones that didnt seem to give a shit and didnt play into the set segregrated roles that the bajan society seemed to have.
Bdos for me is a nice place to visit, take a couple flex for cropover even tho the women eh kno nuttin bout how to slow wine...only pelting waist at a million miles an hour. But it eh a place I would look to live.
As for harbour lights i went there las time i was in de island and it seemed to have a good mix so I eh kno if de harbour whites kinda scene was before my time of attending a lil fete there
Back in Trini...

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2007, 01:54:37 PM »
There was even one specific football team (training school) that the whites would more often send their children to play with and people often asked my why i played with the team that I did since it wasnt the "whiteboy club". Personally I enjoyed playing with players that were actually good and could win trophies, so the whiteboy team wasnt for me!

We have one of these in Trinidad.
Or had.
I eh know, they not so high profile anymore.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2007, 02:17:58 PM »
peong da team is a north team? Cuz i personally cant really think of one in south..at least not in my time really.
Cuz this was one team in de whole country i talking bout in bdos..not jus a specific area that had or has a whiteboy team...altho i go admit bdos plenty smaller so it easier.
Back in Trini...

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2007, 02:51:29 PM »
the whole trinidad team was white way back in de day.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2007, 03:04:03 PM »
peong da team is a north team? Cuz i personally cant really think of one in south..at least not in my time really.
Cuz this was one team in de whole country i talking bout in bdos..not jus a specific area that had or has a whiteboy team...altho i go admit bdos plenty smaller so it easier.

I think he means La Foucade/Goodwood Park. Peong, if daz who yuh mean - I wouldnt call dem racist (for a start d fella who ran the club was black), just a predominantly white team in a predominatly white area...

1]; } ?>