February 28, 2024, 07:41:12 PM

Author Topic: Latapy 'embarrassed' after striking it lucky  (Read 1550 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Latapy 'embarrassed' after striking it lucky
« on: September 24, 2007, 06:06:33 AM »
Latapy 'embarrassed' after striking it lucky
By John Lees (The Scotsman)

FALKIRK midfielder Russell Latapy admitted he felt embarrassed to claim the credit for his side's winning goal against Motherwell. The 39-year-old Trinidadian settled Saturday's match with a fortunate 74th-minute free-kick, meant as a cross, which deceived visiting goalkeeper Graeme Smith and curled into the net.

Mark McGhee's men had looked the likelier side to claim victory, but were left to look back on missed chances and the excellent form of home shot-stopper Tim Krul.

Latapy revealed he does work in training on set-pieces but admitted his luck was in as the Bairns ended a five-game winless run in the Clydesdale Bank Premier League.

He said: "I was kind of embarrassed to accept the goal. I normally score goals when I intentionally put the ball in the net, which wasn't the case.

"But we'll definitely take it. We need to get back to winning ways and I think the defence did well by not conceding. Whatever luck we get we're going to take it.

"It was very lucky, but there was good movement from the strikers. Obviously, if you're hitting in-swingers, the delivery is decent and the strikers don't touch it, then it will go in the goal - and that is what happened. We've worked on it and, if you get it on target, the percentages of scoring a goal are a lot better."

After last weekend's 2-1 win at Aberdeen, Motherwell were the hungrier side from the outset, and inside 90 seconds Krul brilliantly blocked Chris Porter's close-range chance.

The former Oldham striker, who went on to need three stitches in a cut above his eye later in the half, knew he should have added to his three goals this term, and he was again left counting his misfortune on 23 minutes when he struck the post with a shot on the turn.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
Re: Latapy 'embarrassed' after striking it lucky
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 07:34:43 AM »
 :notworthy: :notworthy: LATAS you will always  be a general yes, imagine curling the ball into the goal by mistake from a free-kick! OH WELL

I dub the  GENERAL MAGICIAN

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 09:03:59 AM »
any how yuh take it,ah goal is ah goal.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 10:40:32 AM »
How about when Zamora do ting like dat he's act like he did it on purpose.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 11:05:09 AM »
How about when Zamora do ting like dat he's act like he did it on purpose.

I gosh..doh pong Zamora so nah. Look how embarass de man look when he score this goal. he was definitely telling his teammates it was a fluke

http://youtube.com/watch?v=REij2JamFkk

Ronaldinho vs England on the other hand....

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 08:53:12 PM »
D reallllllllllll sign of greatness is being humble bout it
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 11:12:31 PM »
Yuh see why Latapy is meh idol and is meh avatar and ah never change. De man is not just well talented, he is also ah real honest professional. How many players would admit tuh de public, dat it was meant tuh be ah cross and not ah direct hit tuh goal? Yuh have tuh love dis breddah as ah player, he is also ah real gentleman :applause:. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

1]; } ?>