March 28, 2024, 03:37:06 AM

Author Topic: Shawn Marion demands to be traded  (Read 1677 times)

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Shawn Marion demands to be traded
« on: September 26, 2007, 06:35:45 PM »
just saw this story on yahoo.

PHOENIX (AP) -- Phoenix Suns forward Shawn Marion, the team's highest-paid player and a four-time All-Star, says he wants to be traded after eight years with the club.

Marion said he decided to ask to leave because the team considered trading him over the summer and won't talk about a contract extension.

Marion told The Arizona Republic late Tuesday that he had informed the team of his desires and has struggled with the decision

"I'm tired of hearing my name in trades," Marion said by phone from his Chicago home. "I love my fans in Phoenix, but I think it's time for me to move on."

Marion has two years left on his contract, which will net him $16.4 million for this season and $17.8 million in 2008-2009.

Suns general manager Steve Kerr declined to comment.

Marion said the Suns' decision not to enter contract-extension talks is only part of the reason he wants to leave. He also said the team's consideration of a three-way trade that would have sent him to the Boston Celtics in a deal landing the Minnesota Timberwolves' Kevin Garnett in Phoenix was a factor. Garnett has since been traded to the Celtics.

"I feel they tried to force my hand to Boston with the Garnett stuff," the 29-year-old said.

"I haven't done anything wrong. I leave it on the floor night in and night out," Marion said. "Sometimes it's just time to move on."

Marion said he would report as required for training camp Monday if he is still with the team. Besides Boris Diaw, who is expected to report Wednesday, the rest of the team is already in Phoenix for voluntary workouts.

"I'll do what I've got to do," he said. "I'm a professional. I'm not bitter. I love the fans, but I've got to take care of me.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Shawn Marion demands to be traded
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 07:25:15 PM »
Toronto Toronto toronto !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes I brian colangelo his ole GM is up here . That team will fall with out him .Would it be smart to trade bosh for him
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 07:39:57 PM by Quagmire »

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 07:58:05 AM »
i eh mind raps but not lakers.any team but LA.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 11:46:37 AM »
Come Miami baby, wid you, Shaq and Flash, dem dead fuh sure  ;). HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 02:52:55 PM »
.Would it be smart to trade bosh for him

how you pushin chris into traffic dry dry so?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2007, 03:03:56 PM »
.Would it be smart to trade bosh for him

how you pushin chris into traffic dry dry so?
Well reallyI would not like to ,but matching salaries it will be tthe only way ,but it still would not work unless we do like them other cheating teams and go over the cap . But hey Charlie V ,contract up next year ,and hes flopping with out Sam ,so maybe he ll come home .

1]; } ?>